PDA

View Full Version : The Saints Test

Deputy Nutz
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
When the Green Bay Packers were in their Prime in the mid to late 90s, and in the early 2000s, playing the Saints at home was a tune up game, or a game where coaches may try out some of their benchwarmers for future interests. Now it is a battle between two of the worst teams in the NFL, and the Packers will be put to the test to whether they are still a team to contend, or a team that has hit rock bottom. Compared to 4 years ago this is a very frightening realization to how far this team has fallen in only 2 short years. No longer is this the team ranked in the top 10 of NFL franchises, but now they are in a battle of cellar dwelling teams.

Packnut
09-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I would argue the Saints have a lot more to look foward to than we do.

Fritz
09-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't know, Packnut. I look forward to seeing your avatar every time I check in.

ahaha
09-14-2006, 12:20 PM

That's debatable. Sure, they have Reggie Bush, but at this point Hawk has as much of a chance at being a HOF player as Bush does. Do the Saints have other high draft picks who are young, talented but unseasoned?

retailguy
09-14-2006, 12:28 PM

That's debatable. Sure, they have Reggie Bush, but at this point Hawk has as much of a chance at being a HOF player as Bush does. Do the Saints have other high draft picks who are young, talented but unseasoned?

Outside Linebackers typically aren't game changers with few exceptions. Hawk can be one, but it is more likely at this point Reggie Bush will be one. He will definitely get the press exposure.

It's also more likely that Reggie Bush will have a shorter career.

ahaha
09-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Outside Linebackers typically aren't game changers with few exceptions. Hawk can be one, but it is more likely at this point Reggie Bush will be one. He will definitely get the press exposure.

It's also more likely that Reggie Bush will have a shorter career.

True, there aren't many like Lawrence Taylor and Shawn Merriman. Linebackers need more help around them in order to shine. The Packers need a game-changer on the defensive line if he is to reach his full potential.

mmmdk
09-14-2006, 01:19 PM
My eldest brother is a Saints fan and the rants from him has just started. As much as I want to beat the Bears (always), a game vs the Saints is paramount to me. It's about bragging rights - I was kinda nice to my brother after the 52-3 rout from last year due to Katrina I guess. I actually have some sympathy towards the Saints, I mean, the only Danish player ever to play in the NFL is a Saints legend - K Morten Andersen. Hmm..Packers went 4-12, Saints 3-13 last year but what the heck - BEAT DA SAINTS! :razz: