PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. 49ers

Joemailman
09-26-2021, 10:42 PM
Rodgers 23-33, 261 yards, 2 TD, 113.3 passer rating.

Adams 12 rec, 132 yards, 1 TD

Campbell 12 tackles.

Offensive line was not a train wreck

This referee crew should be suspended.

Money Mase.

call_me_ishmael
09-26-2021, 10:45 PM
Joseph, some things don’t change.

Joemailman
09-26-2021, 10:50 PM
Adams PC on. https://www.packers.com/

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2021, 10:50 PM
Simply Wow! JUSTICE!!!! - after getting screwed repeatedly by the damn officials.

When the Niners scored with 37 seconds left, I said out loud, never a doubt, Rodgers is gonna take them down and win it.

RashanGary
09-26-2021, 10:59 PM
Simply Wow! JUSTICE!!!! - after getting screwed repeatedly by the damn officials.

When the Niners scored with 37 seconds left, I said out loud, never a doubt, Rodgers is gonna take them down and win it.

I liked our odds.

Joemailman
09-26-2021, 11:00 PM
Great job of attacking the middle of the field even though they had no time outs. Didn't waste a second out there.

Jaire
09-26-2021, 11:01 PM
Best win in a looooong time. Especially with that oline, considering that San Fran usually eats our boys.

Also, we've really shut down the run game.

call_me_ishmael
09-26-2021, 11:06 PM
Great job of attacking the middle of the field even though they had no time outs. Didn't waste a second out there.

That first throw to Adams was straight outta #4s playbook. That was not even a little bit open or a throw Aaron would never attempt in a more typical drive.

Joemailman
09-26-2021, 11:10 PM
Packers now with a legit chance of going 6-1 before the brutal stretch in the middle of the schedule:

@ Arizona
@Kansas City
vs Seattle
@Minnesota
vs Rams

call_me_ishmael
09-26-2021, 11:10 PM
For real - wtf happened to the Niners pass rush where all four homies beat their man two years ago. Where Nick Bosa owned the league.

Sparkey
09-26-2021, 11:20 PM
My thoughts:

Yosh Nijman played damn good.

In a few years Stokes and Alexander will be the best CB duo in the league.

GB has great depth on the Oline.

Upnorth
For real - wtf happened to the Niners pass rush where all four homies beat their man two years ago. Where Nick Bosa owned the league.

Our patchwork line played awesome, but that was not the Sam 9ers line.
Hard game to watch. I actually just walked away for awhile after the opening drive in the 3rd.
Ending was crazy.
Man our other receivers are getting nothing.

Jaire
"We finally had the energy I wanted to see." Aaron Rodgers about the locker before the game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2021, 11:31 PM
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1442338097010675715?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1442338097010675715%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpackerswire.usatoday.com%2F2 021%2F09%2F26%2Fwatch-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-celebrates-game-winning-field-goal-vs-49ers%2F

George Cumby
09-26-2021, 11:38 PM
Best win in a looooong time.

QFT

Joemailman
09-26-2021, 11:53 PM
Looks like Shanahan didn't want to talk about it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1442331375403769860

smuggler
09-26-2021, 11:57 PM
He was salty because if they swapped QBs, the 49ers win going away, but LaFleur told him to fuck off.

Jaire
09-27-2021, 12:11 AM
Think about it.

FOUR of our starters on OL have combined fewer than TEN starts. Just a phenomenal job against one of the best front fours in the NFL. Also, MLF's post game revealed what they did better/ different than in 2019. Something I complained a lot about with McCarthy but seems pretty elementary.

This is the game of the season and will fuel this team the rest the way. Signature win (and both teams really battled). Also, it was great to see Rodgers getting the ball out quickly: very important for the success of the young OL in this game.

Upnorth
09-27-2021, 07:56 AM
Think about it.

FOUR of our starters on OL have combined fewer than TEN starts. Just a phenomenal job against one of the best front fours in the NFL. Also, MLF's post game revealed what they did better/ different than in 2019. Something I complained a lot about with McCarthy but seems pretty elementary.

This is the game of the season and will fuel this team the rest the way. Signature win (and both teams really battled). Also, it was great to see Rodgers getting the ball out quickly: very important for the success of the young OL in this game.

This 9ers team is not as good as the 2019 9ers. But still good. I'm thinking rams vrs us in nfccg. Heck of a battle if our oline and their d line are uninjured

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 08:10 AM
Props to OL Coach.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 08:26 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, O Line just isn't that big a factor. In the case of the Packers, the O Line's goodness is magnified by Aaron Rodgers' mobility and Aaron Jones' burst and shiftiness. In the case of the Niners, I believe the commentator said 4 of 5 first round draft picks, the not too great Packers D Line shut down their run game due to injured RBs (where did you hear it first that would happen?) and kept Garoppolo - who played fairly decent - from winning the game.

This is indeed a great team win, but it also is just another example of Aaron Rodgers the GOAT dominating the game and beating a good opponent (not to mention the damned officials).

run pMc
09-27-2021, 09:08 AM
I don't blame 49ers for asking about Rodgers. Dude all but asked for a trade on draft day; it'd be dumb NOT to inquire about an MVP QB.

As for this game, random thoughts:

Njiman struggled against Bosa 1-1, but everyone does. Overall he held up pretty well, and I think as the game went on MLF gave him some help blocking on that side, and also tried to keep his assignments easy. Pretty impressive recovery after the 1st series where Bosa was disruptive.
Eric Stokes got an education. He's very green so I'm taking the good with the bad and hope he's a fast learner. Had a few DammitStokes moments last night though.
Josh Myers is pretty good for a rookie. Newman isn't there yet. These guys could be good with a full offseason and an NFL weight room.
The QB had a good game. There were times where he's just throwing "tryna get a PI call" passes that I question are even catchable. Threw some absolute darts though and was very effective. Had a good game plan of getting the ball out fast against a good defense.
Davante was a killer last night, picked on a depleted secondary that played less 2-shell (in 1st half) than I expected. The hit from Jimmy Ward should have been a flag; takes a lot to get back in the game and catch some crucial throws after a hit like that.
Jones and Dillon kept churning yards, nothing too fancy there but eliminating a TOP advantage for the Niners and keeping their DL honest can't hurt.

Getting out to a 17-0 start was unexpected and pleasant surprise, and helped them defensively. Giving up that long KO return and TD at end of 1st half was ugly though.
Berry seemed to use more pressure that prior games; maybe MLF doesn't need to tell him twice. Mixed zone and man up ok, JimmyG was not very sharp to start but they adjusted and made a game of it. Kenny Clark, Gary and Preston did well.
The ILBs are going to see mistakes made (biting on fakes, not dropping properly in coverage) when they review the film. I think they were likely cheating toward Kittle/Juszczyk. Henry Black also took some false steps that hurt.
OK with going for it on 4th down, but that play was ugly.

Big win, could go a long way for them if it doesn't go their heads. PIT is good but GB can beat them if they bring their A game.

bobblehead
09-27-2021, 09:57 AM
The thing about Nijman, and this goes to something I harped on fat mike about for a decade. We ran the ball. We ran it right at Bosa at times. Early when Bosa was fresh Nijman needed help and was not great. As the game went on and Bosa constantly had a 335 lb man imposing his will on him in the run game Nijman needed less help. Bosa wore down. And no tex, Rodgers is not Jesus himself, he needs protection. If you don't believe me go back and watch the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

King Friday
09-27-2021, 10:38 AM
The kids on the OL played incredibly well considering their level of experience both in the league and in playing with each other. The potential of this OL being incredibly elite come December just took a big step forward.

You only have to look at Stafford and Goff to realize how important OL play is to QB success. Goff was a good QB in LA, but now looks bad. Stafford was a very good QB in Detroit who now looks like an MVP.

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 10:52 AM
Oren Burks got credit of half a sack.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 01:56 PM
The thing about Nijman, and this goes to something I harped on fat mike about for a decade. We ran the ball. We ran it right at Bosa at times. Early when Bosa was fresh Nijman needed help and was not great. As the game went on and Bosa constantly had a 335 lb man imposing his will on him in the run game Nijman needed less help. Bosa wore down. And no tex, Rodgers is not Jesus himself, he needs protection. If you don't believe me go back and watch the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

I like Nijman, and he was relatively decent. He did have a LOT of help, though. Imposing his will on Bosa? That's kinda laughable. But Bosa did get a little less effective as the game went on. Most of the running, like last season, as up the middle, center guard gap. And a lot of that was Jones himself - they weren't nearly as effective when Dillon was the RB.

run pMc, it was no surprise to me that we got to 17-0, and it should have been more with better play calling. (Well, I guess I was a little bit pleasantly surprised that our D got a couple of early stops hahahaha.)

Yeah, bobblehead, Rodgers ain't Jesus hahahaha (and the Jesus-hair is kinda annoying IMO). Jesus couldn't scramble to get away from the Romans. Although He did bounce back from getting crucified kinda like Rodgers last week and this week.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 02:13 PM
I don't blame 49ers for asking about Rodgers. Dude all but asked for a trade on draft day; it'd be dumb NOT to inquire about an MVP QB.

As for this game, random thoughts:

Njiman struggled against Bosa 1-1, but everyone does. Overall he held up pretty well, and I think as the game went on MLF gave him some help blocking on that side, and also tried to keep his assignments easy. Pretty impressive recovery after the 1st series where Bosa was disruptive.
Eric Stokes got an education. He's very green so I'm taking the good with the bad and hope he's a fast learner. Had a few DammitStokes moments last night though.
Josh Myers is pretty good for a rookie. Newman isn't there yet. These guys could be good with a full offseason and an NFL weight room.
The QB had a good game. There were times where he's just throwing "tryna get a PI call" passes that I question are even catchable. Threw some absolute darts though and was very effective. Had a good game plan of getting the ball out fast against a good defense.
Davante was a killer last night, picked on a depleted secondary that played less 2-shell (in 1st half) than I expected. The hit from Jimmy Ward should have been a flag; takes a lot to get back in the game and catch some crucial throws after a hit like that.
Jones and Dillon kept churning yards, nothing too fancy there but eliminating a TOP advantage for the Niners and keeping their DL honest can't hurt.

Getting out to a 17-0 start was unexpected and pleasant surprise, and helped them defensively. Giving up that long KO return and TD at end of 1st half was ugly though.
Berry seemed to use more pressure that prior games; maybe MLF doesn't need to tell him twice. Mixed zone and man up ok, JimmyG was not very sharp to start but they adjusted and made a game of it. Kenny Clark, Gary and Preston did well.
The ILBs are going to see mistakes made (biting on fakes, not dropping properly in coverage) when they review the film. I think they were likely cheating toward Kittle/Juszczyk. Henry Black also took some false steps that hurt.
OK with going for it on 4th down, but that play was ugly.

Big win, could go a long way for them if it doesn't go their heads. PIT is good but GB can beat them if they bring their A game.

run pMc, it wasn't much of a surprise to me that we got off to a 17-0 lead. It coulda/shoulda been more but for some shaky playcalling. I have to admit, though, to being a little bit surprised we got those early stops. It could have turned into a rout if not for the special teams blunder on that kickoff.

I agree exactly about Stokes. He's gonna get better, and those were some pretty decent WRs he was going against. Heaven help us if Kevin King had been in that spot or if King had even been the slot Corner.

Davante had a great game, but he also had a couple of uncharacteristic drops.

There were at least four horrendous calls or non-calls that went against us. The helmet to helmet on Ward, the not overturning the bounced completion, and probably the long pass/tickytack pass interference on Stokes which probably was a "make up call" in the officials' minds for the very legitimate ones against the Niners. And maybe the no intentional grounding call too. Funny story: I was storming around and cussing pretty bad by the time they reviewed that Garropolo fumble that he claimed was a forward pass. Then I heard the big cheer, and I'm thinking, "oh shit, HOW can they not call that a fumble". Then it's Packer ball. There must have been quite a few thousand Packer fans there doing that cheering.

I still don't much like the D, as I detailed in another thread.

BTW, is it Barry like Manilow? or Berry like Chuck? I think the former.

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 06:26 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, O Line just isn't that big a factor.

This is the type of hard-hitting, incisive anal-lysis that keeps me coming back to PackerRats.

Fosco33
09-27-2021, 06:41 PM
Two things on final fg drive that I saw on reply that I didn’t real time.

First throw to Adams our LG got away w/ a decent hold that would’ve led to inc or sack.

And our fg blocking was terrible - Niners left edge rush was unblocked and flew/dove and almost got there in time to disrupt the kick.

Joemailman
09-27-2021, 06:56 PM
This is the type of hard-hitting, incisive anal-lysis that keeps me coming back to PackerRats.

After all these years, we finally know why it was so difficult getting Jerry Kramer into the Hall Of Fame.

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 07:47 PM
^ Hahahahaha

Joemailman
09-27-2021, 08:29 PM
37 second drive as seen from the stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-SCtTw-Ck

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Some ignoramuses just can't see the obvious: we plug in rookies, unknowns, and JAGS in our O Line, they struggle some but basically block about as good as some overrated guys out recovering from a ACL against one of the best D Lines in the NFL. Why? Because Aaron Rodgers, same as his whole career, doesn't need more than a bare minimum of blocking, especially at the OT position against an outside rush. Some dumbasses just can't see that. Similarly, Aaron Jones jump cuts and runs to daylight pretty damn well even when there is not much of a hole, and give him a small hole inside, and he has the burst to get through for a decent gain and sometimes take it to the house. Most RBs including Dillon don't have that ability.

Certain fools think it's all about the O Line, but it is not - not on pass plays with Rodgers and mostly not on run plays with Jones.

That ought to be "incisive" enough even for an imbecile to comprehend.

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 11:21 PM
Hahahahaha.

Fine. I'll play.

Watch the following vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhpt2L4BIY

Watch it objectively, I know, that's a reach.

Watch for the difference between the positive and negative plays for both teams.

Clean pocket? Completion.

Pocket collapses? Incompletion/pick.

Run-blockers make their blocks? Nice gain.

Run-blockers miss? Not so much.

Now it's foolish to say it's ONLY the O-line, and no one here is saying that. And with dynamic talents like Rodgers, Adams and Jones, there is more room on the margins; watching Rodgers throw those lightning back-shoulders to Adams is poetry. But it is DUMB to say the O-line doesn't matter. It most definitely does.

This line played above themselves yesterday and played a big role in getting that W. Just as the 'skill' players did.

smuggler
09-28-2021, 06:06 AM
Offense isn't exactly firing on all cylinders when the QB averages 2 seconds before release to keep the rush from wreaking havoc. Nijman was serviceable, great game for him and maybe he continues to improve, but there is no comparison right now between he and Bakhtiari.

Fritz
09-28-2021, 07:24 AM
Offense isn't exactly firing on all cylinders when the QB averages 2 seconds before release to keep the rush from wreaking havoc. Nijman was serviceable, great game for him and maybe he continues to improve, but there is no comparison right now between he and Bakhtiari.

Nobody's saying that. But it's good to see that the Packers may have found a serviceable back-up left tackle for the season. I don't know that he's going to displace Jenkins at LT, either. I'm not sure what is gained by moving Jenkins back to LG - I suppose you could move Runyan to RG and kick Newman to the bench, but Jenkins is better at LT than Nijman is, so I'm not sure much would be gained.

But at least they have a fallback option at LT.

bobblehead
09-28-2021, 08:32 AM
I'm ready for the Jordan Love era for the same reason I was ready for the Aaron Rodgers era....I'm just sick of the hero worship.

RashanGary
09-28-2021, 09:50 AM
I'm ready for the Jordan Love era for the same reason I was ready for the Aaron Rodgers era....I'm just sick of the hero worship.

He’ll have a good group of young OL broken in for him.

Upnorth
09-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Some ignoramuses just can't see the obvious: we plug in rookies, unknowns, and JAGS in our O Line, they struggle some but basically block about as good as some overrated guys out recovering from a ACL against one of the best D Lines in the NFL. Why? Because Aaron Rodgers, same as his whole career, doesn't need more than a bare minimum of blocking, especially at the OT position against an outside rush. Some dumbasses just can't see that. Similarly, Aaron Jones jump cuts and runs to daylight pretty damn well even when there is not much of a hole, and give him a small hole inside, and he has the burst to get through for a decent gain and sometimes take it to the house. Most RBs including Dillon don't have that ability.

Certain fools think it's all about the O Line, but it is not - not on pass plays with Rodgers and mostly not on run plays with Jones.

That ought to be "incisive" enough even for an imbecile to comprehend.

Yes because rodgers has that it factor no other qb has. Like say mahomes whose pass blocking went to shit and so did he. See rodgers doesn't get affected b pressure at alll...... Yep sounds right to me.

Oh wait another qb comes to mind where the oline didn't matter. Favre. Man we are so lucky. 30 years of pointless oline play.

Seriously though oline isn't everything, but it is a massive piece of the puzzle. Also your example of Jones not needing a great line flies in the face of reality. He goes down easily with contact.

Upnorth
09-28-2021, 10:22 AM
Nobody's saying that. But it's good to see that the Packers may have found a serviceable back-up left tackle for the season. I don't know that he's going to displace Jenkins at LT, either. I'm not sure what is gained by moving Jenkins back to LG - I suppose you could move Runyan to RG and kick Newman to the bench, but Jenkins is better at LT than Nijman is, so I'm not sure much would be gained.

But at least they have a fallback option at LT.

This is logical, you feeling ok buddy?

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2021, 12:09 PM
Hahahahaha.

Fine. I'll play.

Watch the following vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhpt2L4BIY

Watch it objectively, I know, that's a reach.

Watch for the difference between the positive and negative plays for both teams.

Clean pocket? Completion.

Pocket collapses? Incompletion/pick.

Run-blockers make their blocks? Nice gain.

Run-blockers miss? Not so much.

Now it's foolish to say it's ONLY the O-line, and no one here is saying that. And with dynamic talents like Rodgers, Adams and Jones, there is more room on the margins; watching Rodgers throw those lightning back-shoulders to Adams is poetry. But it is DUMB to say the O-line doesn't matter. It most definitely does.

This line played above themselves yesterday and played a big role in getting that W. Just as the 'skill' players did.

Civil response appreciated.

I watched the whole YouTube thing.

I didn't exactly see what you saw. The only play for the Packers I would call a "clean pocket" before the last two pass plays was the long pass to Valdez-Scantling. The Niners hardly rushed anybody in that last 37 seconds, so those two were also "clean". My point has always been that Rodgers basically doesn't need a "clean pocket" - hence the O Line being less of a factor, and I think the large majority in that video supported that idea. What it also showed - that I have to admit kinda goes against my long term truth - was the benefit of getting rid of the ball quick. So many have criticized Rodgers for that, and I always said I don't want him to throw it quick. Well, in that game at least, he got rid of the ball quick with great success - which, of course, lessened the importance of the O Line. The one sack of Rodgers it also supported what I have said - it's a lot harder to escape an inside pass rush, hence Guard being more important as a position than Tackle.

It was kind of a mixed bag with Garropolo. He had a helluva lot more "clean pockets" than Rodgers, and he had success on some. He also, to his credit, was rushed hard and still threw some good ones especially late. On the other hand, he messed up a LOT more than Rodgers, "clean pocket" or otherwise.

In the run game, Jones' TD run and most of his other good runs were bouncing away from the big cluster in the middle, not brought by good line blocking. Dillon, on the other hand, would usually run right into that big cluster and get about 2-3 yards. The Niners running game was more O Line dependent. Our D was blowing it up early, but in the second half, they were gashing big holes. I wouldn't deny the importance of good O Line blocking in the run game for most teams most of the time. My point though, is that the Packers O Line doesn't do that great (except when Jenkins was at Guard), and Jones does way more with less line blocking than just about any RB.

I agree with your line, our O Line "played above themselves yesterday", but they still were just barely adequate.

Certain individuals in here like to whine about "hero worship", well Jordan Love woulda got killed out there Sunday night, and the Packers woulda lost by four TDs.

RashanGary
09-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Brady always gets rid of it quick. If there’s a QB who makes the OL look better it’s Brady.

Jaire
09-28-2021, 06:53 PM
Brady always gets rid of it quick. If there’s a QB who makes the OL look better it’s Brady.

Rodgers got the ball out faster than any QB this weeked at 2.17 seconds. I noticed most plays were quick hits.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1442939629041176583?s=20

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2021, 07:05 PM
That, of course, hasn't been his way most of the time in the past, and I've generally been glad he didn't unload quick. He sure got rid of it quick last night, though. I'd say this shows he can turn in a GOATish performance even when he needs to adjust that way. (Let the detractors whine about hero worship hahahahahahaha). I may actually revise my opinion a little bit about the goodness of unloading it quick, especially since he managed to do that without interceptions - priority number one IMO.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 07:47 PM
Rodgers got the ball out faster than any QB this weeked at 2.17 seconds. I noticed most plays were quick hits.

They were spreading receivers out a lot in that game. Especially on 3rd down. WR's had 163 total snaps. TE's just 88.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 07:52 PM
Video with Wayne Larrivee's call of last 45 seconds of game. A lot better than what you heard on NBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNV3uaBwOhc

RashanGary
09-28-2021, 08:21 PM

That’s good. It shows he can do it when he wants to, and succeed at it. It gives a lot of hope for this season with the young, hodge podged line.

He’s getting older. Holding the ball should be less of a thing late in his career if he wants to play late in his career.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2021, 12:07 AM
Before Sunday night I would have disagreed with you. Now, not so much. Mobility is great, and Rodgers has plenty of that too, but unloading it quick if it's done by the GOAT who basically does not throw interceptions has its place too. Either way, the importance of the O Line is lessened.

Fritz
09-29-2021, 06:14 AM

Gisele wishes Tom wouldn't take those habits into the bedroom.

bobblehead
09-29-2021, 09:40 AM
He’ll have a good group of young OL broken in for him.

NO way. Tex says they all suck. If he is successful it will be all him. I remember idiots even making the argument that Brett Favre deserved credit for Charles Woodson's great play in GB because Brett just inspired everyone to play harder due to his leadership. Some people can't be reasoned with.

bobblehead
09-29-2021, 09:43 AM

Dan Marino had a lightning release with power. He could throw the ball away at the last second better than anyone. His line was over rated because they would give up 14 sacks in a season, but in reality they caused a LOT of throw aways.

bobblehead
09-29-2021, 09:44 AM

Anyone notice Rodgers has his best games when he is forced to play this way?

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 09:53 AM
Dan Marino had a lightning release with power. He could throw the ball away at the last second better than anyone. His line was over rated because they would give up 14 sacks in a season, but in reality they caused a LOT of throw aways.

The longer a qb holds the ball the longer the line has to work. The longer they work the higher the chance of errors and pressure. Brady jas a quick release which makes him better than he should be and helps him not get hit.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 10:10 AM

It's almost like holding the ball to long and ignoring checkdowns hurts his game.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 10:22 AM
It’s not just quick release, it’s knowing what the defense is trying to do, knowing where you want to throw it and then throwing early with anticipation.

Brady and Rivers are two I can think of who always knew where they were going and got it out. Brees too. Good quarterbacks who throw the ball early make offensive lines look better because the ball is out.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 10:24 AM
Maybe Rodgers gets more confused by defenses and that’s why he ends up holding it?

George Cumby
09-29-2021, 10:26 AM

I was a Dolphins fan when I was a kid, this ended when they dumped Shula for JJ, barf.

Marino's tour de force game against the '85 Bears is seared into my memory. Designed roll-outs with the center, Dwight Stephenson (?) coming with him as his bodyguard. Shula owned Ditka and Buddy Ryan that game.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2021, 12:51 PM

Actually, his game the week before was even better, but whatever.

I never said our O Line sucks. I have high praise for Jenkins. Bakhtiari is good, just not as good as ya'all who hero worship him like to think. Myers is excellent except for a few rookie mistakes. The others are all pretty much mediocre - except maybe for Lucas Patrick who actually does suck most of the time. Newman could rise above mediocrity, but it ain't there yet.

What I said over and over again, and it's really true, high quality in our O Line - which we mostly don't have - is not that important anyway for the Packers. Rodgers has excelled his whole career without very good pass blocking, and now Aaron Jones, especially this year without Jenkins at Guard, has gained a helluva lot on plays where the O Line doesn't do much.

Sheeeesh, a whole litany of the usual suspects whining stupidly about Aaron Rodgers hahahahaha. There's something sadly wrong you people.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 02:15 PM
Aaron Jones is getting 1.7 yards after contact per attempt. He is getting 3.9 yards per attempt total. The line is getting him 2.2 yards per attempt. That is good. That puts the line in the top 10 for run blocking. Our line is doing its job in run blocking. I am using simple sentences to make it easy to read and understand.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 04:38 PM
This 9ers team is not as good as the 2019 9ers. But still good. I'm thinking rams vrs us in nfccg. Heck of a battle if our oline and their d line are uninjured

The Rams scare me. It’s gonna be a tough row to hoe this year.

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2021, 09:54 PM

We all do. He has for years.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:51 AM

I would like to see the stats on that in the final 3 drives when someone, once again, decided that running was no longer necessary and we were ineffective and let SF back in the game while taking several deep shots thus preserving the clock for them. Just like the NFCC game, I can't say who is responsible, but I wish that individual would stop it. We never should have needed to come from behind to win this game.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:59 AM
Maybe Rodgers gets more confused by defenses and that’s why he ends up holding it?

I think he is so good (not being sarcastic) that he starts to play hero ball because its more fun. Its the only expanation I can think of. When we traded Brent I commented how suddenly that habit of holding the ball forever and throwing late over the middle went away when he was busy proving we made a mistake for moving on....then once he proved his point he showed MN why we moved on by doing exactly that in the most in opportune moment.

When Rodgers wants to play within the MiLF scheme he is as good as anyone I have ever seen. Better even. Absolute GOAT. But then it seems to me we abandon that style too often. Maybe its just what the defense is giving them. Its certainly necessary to stretch the D at times, but as annoying as it was watching fat mike run when they didn't practice it enough and we would watch a 17 point lead turn into a nailbiter, sometimes running or short passing and burning the clock is the right move....ask Kyle Shannahan if he would like a do over in the Owl sometime when he was Atlantas OC.

Jaire
10-03-2021, 10:59 AM
No hero ball by AR in that game.

Watched his latest presser and he said some things I've been saying for years. He was still holding the ball a bit too long last year and they didnt' give enough help on the line against great opponents (including last year's MVP performance): they need to get the ball out quicker, which he did last game, and as Rodgers said, they have to continue to give help against premier pass rushers like Bosa and Watt even when Bakh comes back, noted by ARod. Yes. Yes. Yes. Please. Something that MM would never do, but MLF is continually learning and improving. AND we have the players to help: Deguara & Lewis & Tonyan (who flattened Bosa), but also willing backs in the three headed monster. This will vault the offense over the top. If Jenkins and Bakh return to form and stay healthy, this team will go all the way.

As to the San Fran game, they dominated from start to finish outside two or three plays. The San Fran receivers are maybe the gutsiest and most physical in the league. They made plays. But the bad calls kept them in the game in which they were destroyed. And Lazard took over to help on special teams after the fifty yard punt return that kept San Fran on life support. Afterwards Lazard and company had them nailed in a coffin inside the fifteen.

That was a SIGNATURE WIN and it will propel them the rest the season despite a typical hiccup or two on the way. Watch our right tackle answer the baited question regarding how cock sure this Oline is in his last presser. They are good and know it, and they know they need to improve and will do it. Next four games are against pretty weak competition, giving them time to get back starters and some needed reps for the young players on both sides of the ball. Gary and Preston make the Dline more solid against the run, and they still got great pressure last week against an excellent Oline. If our starting back four in the secondary stay healthy, the sky is the limit. San Fran was our biggest match up problem & toughtest opponent of the year: I think tougher than the Rams. It's Green Bay's year. Best team top to bottom since 2014.

Last dance. Watch and enjoy.