PDA

View Full Version : Official Studs and Duds, 'Niners Sunday Night

George Cumby
09-27-2021, 11:04 AM
Lots of studs.

Let it rip.

Guiness
09-27-2021, 11:25 AM
Hate to be a sore winner, but I'm going to anyways. The refs frustrated me like no other game since the roughing the passer calls against Mathews a few years ago. One that isn't getting much attention but made me as crazy as any was the roughing the passer against Jaire.

TravisWilliams23
09-27-2021, 11:32 AM
Adams gets a stud just for coming back in after the shit to the head that put him down earlier. The man's got a steel cranium.

Joemailman
09-27-2021, 11:48 AM
Studs: Rodgers, Adams, Crosby, Pass Rush, Offensive line

Dud: Packers red zone defense. Opponents are a perfect 10 for 10 when entering Packers red zone. 4 for 4 last night.

Upnorth
09-27-2021, 12:19 PM
D line for rushing. 49ers held under 50 yards by running backs. We suck against the run, but not this game. I will likely not type this again this season but the dline did great against the run.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2021, 01:13 PM
Studs: Rodgers, Adams, Jones, MVS, Myers, Turner, Clark, P. Smith, Gary, Campbell, Alexander, Crosby
Duds: Newman, Sullivan, Lowry
Not great, but surprisingly decent: Nijman, Lancaster, Garvin

It looks like Ty Summers or Kylin Hill were at fault on the KO return. I'd guess Hill based on experience, and he had a screw up earlier this year. However, it really looked like it may have been Summers.

CaptainKickass
09-27-2021, 02:09 PM
Studs:
1. Offensive Line: For having 3 rookies, 1 undrafted free agent and 1 vet on the Offensive Line, I gotta give it first and foremost to them.
2. The entire Green Bay Packer team including coaches and staff: To go into San Francisco with the offensive line mentioned above, missing Za'Darius Smith, missing a few others, starting a rookie at cornerback and facing adversity at almost every turn - color me impressed.

Duds:
1. The entire Officiating crew. Total duds. It's tough enough to match the energy and intensity of the other team on a road game at a place where you've been stomped several times previously. The fact that the Green Bay Packers not only had to beat the 49'ers at their field, at their home opener, with the team condition as mentioned above - but they also had to beat the Officials all night long too? Totally inexcusable. I realize humans make mistakes but the sheer quantity and horrific judgement displayed last night doesn't even come close to resembling anything professional. The league is gonna lose many fans if it continues.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 03:13 PM
Adams gets a stud just for coming back in after the shit to the head that put him down earlier. The man's got a steel cranium.

I wonder if a guy is rational enough to tell the doc "get the fuck out of my face" automatically passes concussion protocol hahahaha.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2021, 03:31 PM
I'll give the whole O Line a "not great but surprisingly decent" hahahaha.

I'll give Rodgers, Jones, and Adams a "great but not surprisingly".

It's hard to call a superstar a dud, but Jaire got beat a couple or more times - rare for him, and Davante dropped two catchable passes.

I'll call MVS a stud not only for the catch(s) but also for his blocking.

Stokes was good but not studly. Amos and Savage seemed disappointing to me, but maybe I'm expecting too much. Black looked terrible. Sullivan looked good, but got hurt early - it seems like that happens too often. Why no Jean-Charles with King "ill"?

Campbell looked like a stud - again - but maybe it's just low expectations after what we've had at ILB for so long.

Kenny Clark Good, as expected, Lowery and Lancaster bad as expected, but maybe not quite as bad as some games.

Crosby an obvious stud; Bojorquez near a stud as a kicker and apparently damn good as a holder too, and the long snapper who didn't fuck up under pressure.

Fritz
09-27-2021, 03:48 PM
Agreed on Bojorquez, Tex - the guy comes in after the preseason and Crosby's kicking hasn't missed a beat. Kudos to the new punter on that, and on just being a good, solid punter. Reminds me a bit of Hentrich, though this kid is pretty good directionally as well. He's just solid, super solid. Great move, well worth that sixth round pick.

I did happen to watch the D-tackle Slaton on his two snaps - he moved that pile, man. He's strong. Looked good. On the contrary, Kingsley Keke looked horrible. Fat, slow, and weak. Every time I watched him, he was getting pushed backward. So on pass plays he'd be pushed back three or four yards, and then make some weak-ass attempt to jump up and "block" the pass. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. They just need to shut down that experiment and move on from him. Hell, Lancaster looked better than Keke, as did Lowry, and that's not saying much. Really, they ought to just move on from Keke - that's how bad he was and has been. Activate Heflin and play him and Slaton.

And please leave Stokes in. He's raw but even so he's way better than King. I think maybe Sullivan is as good or better in the slot than King will be. I still don't understand that re-signing. The guy is a shell of who he might have been, and he's not suited to this system any way.

And man, does Aaron Jones have vision. I love watching him run. Looks like a sea of defenders across the line of scrimmage, and he sees that one little crease, and gets to it, as well as any Packer running back since Ahman Green.

And Rodgers really was good. He just was. As was Adams.

Oh, and hooray for Nijman and Runyan. They both held up really well. Nijman looked shaky at times - Bosa is just so fast around the corner, you could see Nijman thinking he'd pushed Bosa past Rodgers and out of the play, but Bosa would cut around that corner fast. But against a guy as good as Bosa - Nijman was good.

Finally, what a joyous moment to see the team celebrating so riotously afterward. You could sense a release of pent-up tension. I hope this changes the vibe and gets them going.

call_me_ishmael
09-27-2021, 10:27 PM
Too rosy of outlooks in here after the Packers nearly blew this game. I thought they’d get blown off the field, but they were up 17-0 and nearly blew it. Reminded me of Dallas 2018ish where they won but just barely held on to prevent a meltdown.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 01:25 AM
Too rosy of outlooks in here after the Packers nearly blew this game. I thought they’d get blown off the field, but they were up 17-0 and nearly blew it. Reminded me of Dallas 2018ish where they won but just barely held on to prevent a meltdown.

Lighten up man. This was an awesome win. Did you think they were going to go on the road on a short week and blow the 49ers out of heir building? No one is saying this win solves all this team's issues. But a road win against a chief nemesis is huge in every way.

smuggler
09-28-2021, 05:59 AM
Great take there, Joe! We can enjoy the win in spite of the fact the team has work to do.

call_me_ishmael
09-28-2021, 09:27 AM
Lighten up man. This was an awesome win. Did you think they were going to go on the road on a short week and blow the 49ers out of heir building? No one is saying this win solves all this team's issues. But a road win against a chief nemesis is huge in every way.

Totally agree Joe!

I am on record saying I thought they'd get rolled 41-13. I am really surprised they won, and think it is critical to the success this season from a galvanizing perspective. A blowout could have taken the team off the rails and reignited the Aaron media story. It is concerning though how they nearly blew this one. I didn't think it was a very good performance in the second half. The Niners looked _so_ much better than them in the second half IMO.

I will say the Packers did a masterclass job of shutting down the Niners pass rush and the Packers are borderline unbeatable when they play their quick passing offense. I honestly don't understand why they don't run the first half game plan every week instead of playing hero ball.

Upnorth
09-28-2021, 10:25 AM

14 points were given up on drives that were stopped then we're resurrected by penalties. On straight up bs, one ticky tack call.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Best news is that the Packers won this game without 3 Pro Bowl players they should be getting back sometime in October. And 2 rookies in the starting lineup. Just a couple weeks ago who would have predicted the Packers could win this game without Bakhtiari, Jenkins and Z Smith. Many would have predicted a 2019-like 49ers blowout.

Upnorth
09-28-2021, 11:00 AM
Stud: Lazard. 1 great catch. A bunch of great blocks. Asked to be on special teams right after the big return and hustled his was off. Wants to win and does what it takes.

call_me_ishmael
09-28-2021, 12:09 PM
Something interesting I've seen is that Lazard ran up at TE a couple plays, or at least next to the tackle. He was chipping Bosa.

King Friday
09-28-2021, 12:13 PM
I love Lazard. Probably the best blocking WR in the game. He's taking on Bosa and not flinching an inch. He played a tremendous game doing a lot of grunt work.

Agree with Fritz on Keke...just cut bait and find something else. Gotta be a player on someone's practice squad with more capability than him.

Coaching staff gets a huge stud vote from me. Short week...long trip...toss the loss of Jenkins/replacement with Nijman into the mix...and stood toe to toe with a likely playoff team in their home opener despite the refs trying desperately to give the Whiners a win.

Crosby and Adams get my other stud votes.

Also...Campbell hasn't lit it up, but he is clearly an upgrade over what we had. Good ol' Blake is already out for the season.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2021, 01:05 PM
Best news is that the Packers won this game without 3 Pro Bowl players they should be getting back sometime in October. And 2 rookies in the starting lineup. Just a couple weeks ago who would have predicted the Packers could win this game without Bakhtiari, Jenkins and Z Smith. Many would have predicted a 2019-like 49ers blowout.

3 rookies

SkinBasket
09-28-2021, 06:58 PM
Hate to be a sore winner, but I'm going to anyways. The refs frustrated me like no other game since the roughing the passer calls against Mathews a few years ago. One that isn't getting much attention but made me as crazy as any was the roughing the passer against Jaire.

I am totally almost sober, or almost sober totally tonight, and my view has not changed. I know we have several apologist assholes here that want to toe the decades old “can’t blame the officials,” or “really it evened out in the end,” line, but after taking the time to watch the condensed replay, this officiating was fucked. The only reason - The only reason - this was a close game was the officiating. Not trying to shit in ya’lls Cheerios, or shatter the illusion you might still have for the Social Justice League of Sometimes Playing Football, but to believe the officiating last night was some one off accidental collection of cosmic events makes you more naive than the reporter dutifully running the story that the Afghan retreat was a complete success. This was bullshit and there is no getting around it. Peace niggas.

Rossco
09-28-2021, 08:03 PM
Great assessment. I've been a Packer fan all my life ie going on 78. I really do hope that the front office will serve Rodgers right on the future. He is really someone special and deserves the respect from the front. Then to have a receiver like Adams (Mr. Clutch). What more could a front office want? We once had a magic man, but how do you explain Rodgers? He certainly deserves the respect that Star got and should get a 4 year contract to play out his time in Green Bay. He is the class of the QB's. The chances of getting to the big one with the best QB in the league (MVP) you will not get there with a rookie QB for years. Now is the best time and yes, I think Stokes has proven that he is the right man for that corner job. I just feel King was re-signed out of spite toward Rodgers. I was totally impressed with the offensive line. There really needs to be a figure head on the defensive side of the ball like Leroy Butler. I think the biggest disappointment for me was, the last drive by the 49ers. There was only one guy who was going to get the ball and that should have been a given by Barry and certainly the players on the field.
Not sure what KYPack is referring to on Devine but there were really some dismal years before Lombardi got there.

George Cumby
09-28-2021, 10:06 PM
I am totally almost sober, or almost sober totally tonight, and my view has not changed. I know we have several apologist assholes here that want to toe the decades old “can’t blame the officials,” or “really it evened out in the end,” line, but after taking the time to watch the condensed replay, this officiating was fucked. The only reason - The only reason - this was a close game was the officiating. Not trying to shit in ya’lls Cheerios, or shatter the illusion you might still have for the Social Justice League of Sometimes Playing Football, but to believe the officiating last night was some one off accidental collection of cosmic events makes you more naive than the reporter dutifully running the story that the Afghan retreat was a complete success. This was bullshit and there is no getting around it. Peace niggas.

In no way did Roger Goodell gift last year's SB to his buddy, Tom Brady.