Division Winners

1) Arizona Cardinals* 3-0 Better point differential than Carolina
2) Carolina Panthers 3-0
3) Green Bay Packers 2-1 Better conference winning pct. than Dallas
4) Dallas Cowboys 2-1
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Wild Cards

5) Los Angeles Rams 3-0
6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-1 Better division winning pct. than New Orleans/Better strength
of victory than San Francisco
7) San Francisco 49ers 2-1 Better conference winning pct. than New Orleans
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Outside Looking In

8) New Orleans Saints 2-1
9) Washington FT 1-2 Better division winning pct. than Philadelphia/Better
conference winning pct. than Atlanta, Chicago and Seattle
10) Philadelphia Eagles 1-2 Head to head tie-breaker over Atlanta/Better conference
winning pct. than Chicago and Seattle
11) Atlanta Falcons 1-2 Better conference winning pct. than Chicago and Seattle
12) Chicago Bears 1-2 Better strength of victory than Seattle/Better winning pct.
in common games than Minnesota
13) Minnesota Vikings 1-2 Head to head tie-breaker over Seattle
14) Seattle Seahawks 1-2
15) Detroit Lions 0-3 Better strength of schedule than N.Y. Giants
16) New York Giants 0-3

* There is some disagreement on whether the #1 seed should be Cardinals or Rams. I think it should be Rams based on tie-breakers, but both ESPN and NFL.com have it Cardinals. ESPN has Cardinals as #1 playoff seed, even though they show Rams leading NFCW. That doesn't make any sense. At any rate, those 2 teams are #1 and #5 or vice versa. They play each other this week, so it will sort itself out.

Key Week 4 Games

Washington at Atlanta
Detroit at Chicago
Carolina at Dallas
Cleveland at Minnesota
New York Giants at New Orleans
Kansas City at Philadelphia
Arizona at Los Angeles Rams
Seattle at San Francisco
Pittsburgh at Green Bay
Tampa Bay at New England

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Way too early, of course.

When it all shakes out, I'd expect the Rams to win the West and Carolina to have the worst record among division winners if they win the South at all, which is doubtful. I'm expecting the bubble to burst for Arizona also.

King Friday
09-28-2021, 12:23 PM
The good thing for GB is that the North is a dumpster fire. The West isn't likely to get the #1 overall seed because they will beat each other up, starting this week. We need these next 4 games before the schedule turns daunting as we approach November.

scharpcheddar
09-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Can you at least hold off till week 8 , lol

scharpcheddar
09-28-2021, 01:34 PM
Pointless to bring up Carolina. They'll be passed by

George Cumby
09-28-2021, 01:37 PM
Thanks for posting these, Joe.

It takes a bit of work to crank that, but after all these years, I imagine you have a it wired.

King Friday
09-28-2021, 03:07 PM
The Packers have moved up the standings a bit since week 1.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 07:58 PM
The Packers have moved up the standings a bit since week 1.

13 spots to be exact.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 07:27 AM
Thanks for posting this.
I bet Detroit beats Chicago this week. Cleveland should handle the Vikings.

George Cumby
09-29-2021, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting this.
I bet Detroit beats Chicago this week. Cleveland should handle the Vikings.

Agree.

Holy Cow but it's a dumpster fire on top of a tire fire in Chicago. Been listening to Bears fans calling in to radio shows; it's delicious and sad simultaneously.

CaptainKickass
09-29-2021, 11:03 AM
Division Winners

1) Arizona Cardinals* 3-0 Better point differential than Carolina
2) Carolina Panthers 3-0
3) Green Bay Packers 2-1 Better conference winning pct. than Dallas
4) Dallas Cowboys 2-1

Thanks for posting this.

I also wish to express gratitude for your no longer thankless efforts. This site is fortunate to have you do this type of thing.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 11:55 AM
Agree.

Holy Cow but it's a dumpster fire on top of a tire fire in Chicago. Been listening to Bears fans calling in to radio shows; it's delicious and sad simultaneously.

I think the lions are the second best nfcn team. The ravens 66 yarder walk off is so on brand for lions. I actually told a friend who was excited his team win that way that he should not be suprised, it's the lions way. If they make a wild card post season i expect them to lose due to a hail Mary.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 01:22 PM
I also wish to express gratitude for your no longer thankless efforts. This site is fortunate to have you do this type of thing.

For the record, it's easier than it used to be. I used to have to figure it out on my own. ESPN now provides the tiebreaker information. I simplify it a bit and make sure there are no errors, which do occasionally occur.

texaspackerbacker
09-30-2021, 12:06 AM
Much as I hate the Vikings, I'm pretty sure they are better than the Lions and probably second best behind the Packers.

Joemailman
09-30-2021, 12:27 AM
I agree. Vikings could very easily be 3-0. Lost in overtime to Cincinnati when Cook fumbled, and would have beaten Arizona if their kicker made a 37 yard field goal. They handled Seattle pretty good, rushing for 140 yards with Cook out of the lineup.

Upnorth
09-30-2021, 12:29 PM
I agree. Vikings could very easily be 3-0. Lost in overtime to Cincinnati when Cook fumbled, and would have beaten Arizona if their kicker made a 37 yard field goal. They handled Seattle pretty good, rushing for 140 yards with Cook out of the lineup.

Of the vikes play well against the Browns I will have to agree with you, but I think the vikes have peaked for their team, whereas the lions are still improving.

Joemailman
09-30-2021, 02:40 PM
Packers with 55% chance of making playoffs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAjhuQHVEA83mgN?format=jpg&name=medium

SudsMcBucky
09-30-2021, 02:53 PM
That graph is unaware the Packers play in the NFC North.

Joemailman
09-30-2021, 03:42 PM
That graph is unaware the Packers play in the NFC North.

It's based on 10 simulations. Also did graphs for chances of winning division and chances of getting #1 seed. https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/analytics/stats-articles/what-record-will-be-good-enough-to-make-this-year-s-nfl-playoffs/

smuggler
09-30-2021, 09:54 PM
The fact that a 12-loss team can technically make the playoffs is so hilarious to me.

smuggler
09-30-2021, 09:56 PM
I think it's technically possible for a 3-win team to make the playoffs. Each team in a division splits all division games and loses all others. One of those teams wins the division based on a tiebreak.