PDA

View Full Version : The Official Lumpensteelers-Packers Discussion Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
09-28-2021, 05:23 PM
According to the “goddamn” media, the Notorious B.I.G-B.E.N has lost a step and is on his way down. Plus, the Lumpensteelers are struggling to run the rock. Watt, the Aryan the Polar Bear coulda/shoulda drafted over the infamous King, missed last week’s mortal kombat battle with a groin injury. Hell, lots of Lumpensteelers have missed time with groin injuries; they must be having lots of coitus up there in the City of Steel. Lumpensteelers did defeat Canada’s Team, the mighty Jills of Buffalo, in WK 1.

This is a shitty, inaccurate and sophomoric remark, but the Lumpensteelers, to quote that nincompoop Tony O’Day, “get 290 yards running and 5 TDs.”

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 06:15 PM
First Steelers trip to Lambeau since 2013. This was the last game that year Rodgers missed with broken collarbone. Matt Flynn passed for 232 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT as Packers lost 38-31. The last time the 2 teams played was in 2017 and Rodgers was out with a broken collarbone then too. Packers lost 31-28 despite Brett Hundley's best game. Hundley threw for 304 yards and 3 TD's. Roethlisberger threw for 351 yards and 4 TD's. Thanks Dom.

So the last time Rodgers faced the Steelers was Super Bowl XLV.

RashanGary
09-28-2021, 06:34 PM
So the last time Rodgers faced the Steelers was Super Bowl XLV.

The more you know. Interesting.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2021, 06:54 PM
This could be a tough game. Big Ben losing a step? I don't think he ever had that step, but he has had a long good career anyway. Also, they have damn good WRs if they are healthy - I'm looking forward to seeing the injury report. And their running game is better than the mostly injured Niners RBs

I'm fairly sure it will be a Packer win, but it might be a shoot out.

King Friday
09-28-2021, 08:35 PM
We have no idea how good the Steelers run game is...they have chosen to basically ignore that component of their offense and have Ben throw it 60 times a game.

Joemailman
09-28-2021, 10:17 PM
We have no idea how good the Steelers run game is...they have chosen to basically ignore that component of their offense and have Ben throw it 60 times a game.

50 rushing attempts vs. 130 passing attempts. Steelers have averaged just 3.2 YPC. Ben has been sacked 8 times, which I guess isn't terrible when you're throwing it that much. It is a revamped offensive line though. Not a lot of experience.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2021, 11:52 PM
Harris is overrated in my book. Javonte Williams was the best RB coming out in my book.

Fritz
09-29-2021, 06:15 AM

Did they hire an offensive coordinator from the Mike McCarthy coaching tree?

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 07:33 AM
Our dline did well.last game, hopefully they can again. Our secondary should be able to keep up with their wideouts. I don't see a shootout but they will try to run agaist us.

I'm way more concerned about our oline hrs their front 7, in particular Heywood and watt if he is healthy. Hope we keep a lot of last week's game plan in place.

SudsMcBucky
09-29-2021, 08:10 AM
Will be flying up this weekend to catch this tilt in person.

bobblehead
09-29-2021, 09:37 AM
Harris is overrated in my book. Javonte Williams was the best RB coming out in my book.

I'll challenge that scouting report. It was a sexy contrarian thing to say, but Harris was the best RB to come out since the ludicrous draft that produced CM3, Kamara, Cook, and Fournette..and I think Mixon also. The next year Barkley came out who I kind of thought was the unicorn of the last decade. Harris can run with vision, power and catch on a scale Williams can't even dream about.

George Cumby
09-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Did they hire an offensive coordinator from the Mike McCarthy coaching shrub?

FTFY

George Cumby
09-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Will be flying up this weekend to catch this tilt in person.

WOOT!

CaptainKickass
09-29-2021, 10:58 AM
Useful and somewhat historical nicknames for the Stealers (intentional) QB: Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger

Rapistberger ( https://www.vice.com/en/article/bmwe8w/ben-roethlisberger-quarterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault )
Worthlessberger (see above)
Toothlessberger ( https://thekneeslider.com/ben-roethlisberger-motorcycle-accident/ )
Toothlessfucker (see above)
Rancid Burger (no specific reason)

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Useful and somewhat historical nicknames for the Stealers (intentional) QB: Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger

Rapistbberger ( https://www.vice.com/en/article/bmwe8w/ben-roethlisberger-quarterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault )
Worthlessberger (see above)
Toothlessberger ( https://thekneeslider.com/ben-roethlisberger-motorcycle-accident/ )
Toothlessfucker (see above)
Rancid Burger (no specific reason)

This is in-depth research and analysis.

KYPack
09-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Harve, I disagree with you about once every 10 years, This is one of 'em. Watched the Steeler game. Najee Harris had a solid game catching the ball and is the real deal as a NFL RB. He's big, quick, fast, and shows good power.

Tex, the Steelers WR's were great. But they are hurting JuJu Schuster is out with rib miseries.
A Packer defensive game plan would be to focus on Najee Harris, check Chase Claypool, and of course, heat up #7

There is another factor. In post game comments, Bengals WR Tyler Boyd chastised the Steelers for "quitting" at the end of Sunday's game. They will be pissed and fired up Sunday.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 02:04 PM
Here is something i came across which shocked me and I didnt know where it belonged so why not here.

Mvs has 0 drops through 3 games.

What?

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 04:37 PM
Here is something i came across which shocked me and I didnt know where it belonged so why not here.

What?

He’s really making the best of his limited opportunities. I wonder if Rodgers will start spreading it around a little more in the coming weeks. Gotta think teams will eventually key in on 17, if they aren’t already.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 07:06 PM
Kevin King, who was out with an illness, is now listed with a concussion.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAe1y6DWQAMbhV9?format=jpg&name=large

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
09-29-2021, 07:13 PM
I’m surrounded by their fans in Maryland. I hope we beat them at the buzzer and rob them of a victory. It’s not going to be a blowout by any means. But I think we get it done in the fourth quarter.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 07:20 PM
Most of the country will see Packers game. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call.

https://506sports.com/2021/04-CBS-L-V2.png

Early on CBS, upper midwest will get Cleveland at Minnesota. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green with the call.

https://506sports.com/2021/04-CBS-E.png

On Fox, most of midwest will get Lions at Bears. Gus Johnson and Aqib Talib with the call. Much of Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin will get Arizona at L.A. Rams. Chris Myers and Daryl Johnston with the call.

https://506sports.com/2021/04-FOX.png

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2021, 09:27 PM
I'll challenge that scouting report. It was a sexy contrarian thing to say, but Harris was the best RB to come out since the ludicrous draft that produced CM3, Kamara, Cook, and Fournette..and I think Mixon also. The next year Barkley came out who I kind of thought was the unicorn of the last decade. Harris can run with vision, power and catch on a scale Williams can't even dream about.

He’s slow though. Really slow. He’s like Jamaal Williams to me. I had Harris as overrated. A lot of Alabama RBs have been. I’m on record with this one. I know neither guy is tearing it up (3.5 ypc for JW and 3.1 ypc for Harris), but I think Williams will be better. It wasn’t a contrarian viewpoint. His tape was that good. Harris is getting almost all of the snaps for Pittsburgh. Williams is in a split with Melvin Gordon.

This is a weak RB class. There is no super elite RB (like Barkley or McCaffrey), and the depth is poor. I have a crush on Javonte Williams, and he is my #1 RB. Last year's class (Taylor, Swift, Edwards-Helaire, Dillon, Akers, Dobbins, Moss, Gibson) was much better. Najee Harris is a good all around RB, but I question his speed. I think he might be a high 4.6s guys. He's like a slower Le'Veon Bell. I like Khalil Herbert more than most--although I don't know if he's ideal for the Packers system. Other than that, not much. Trey Sermon looked great at the end of the year, but he played second fiddle at Oklahoma. Then, he transferred to Ohio State and didn't do much until the end of the year. There's some intrigure there, but not a good year if you need an RB.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2021, 09:30 PM

What?

He has 6 catches. :)

Upnorth
09-30-2021, 12:33 PM
He has 6 catches. :)

If rodgers starts getting half as accurate with mvs deep as when adams is deep mvs will be a quality second and always will pull attention.

Joemailman
09-30-2021, 03:31 PM
Looks like Steelers getting healthier.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAjzDknXsAIFrx8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sparkey
09-30-2021, 06:11 PM
If GB doesn't generate a good pass rush, the db's for Green Bay are in for a long day.

run pMc
10-01-2021, 08:14 AM
If GB doesn't generate a good pass rush, the db's for Green Bay are in for a long day.

Could be said for most games. If Kenny Clark plays like he did vs. the 49ers, Ben is in for a long day. The PIT OL has not been very good -- Najee Harris hasn't had a lot of room to run and is getting a lot of yards after contact. The QB's mobility and arm aren't near what they used to be, and with that OL he'll make a mistake or two. They have talent at the skill positions: size, speed, toughness. They don't have great hands and drop a lot of passes, especially Harris the burner WR. Friermuth looks like he'll be a 10year pro at TE and overtake Ebron by year's end.

Getting TJ Watt back will be huge for them, they didn't get enough pass rush vs. the Bengals. Their DL outside of Heyward is meh because of injuries, and I think the GB OL is up to the task. The concern there is who plays LT (Njiman again?) - teams have him on tape now and will adjust. He'll still need help. I think GB's offense at home can get the job done, especially if they commit to the run and find some counters to PIT's aggressive D. (Jet motion? Play action obviously.)

PIT has had problems scoring -- first team to 21 points should win. Packers have a deeper and healthier roster; they should beat PIT at home.

The thing I worry about is that PIT should be a very angry and desperate team after losing to CIN, they will be fired up and give GB all they can handle.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2021, 10:02 AM
The thing I worry about is that PIT should be a very angry and desperate team after losing to CIN, they will be fired up and give GB all they can handle.

And Pittsburgh has a long history of losing to bad teams and beating good teams during the Tomlin era (and maybe going back further). I know it frustrates my friends who are Steelers fans.

Joemailman
10-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Steelers have been outscored in the 1st half of each of their games. Hopefully Packers can jump on them early.

Joemailman
10-01-2021, 03:40 PM
MVS out. Might be a chance for EQ.

https://steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/packers-friday-week-4-injury-report.jpg

pittstang5
10-01-2021, 07:12 PM
MVS out. Might be a chance for EQ.

I got a fever and the only cure is more Cobb Bell

Joemailman
10-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Chase Claypool ruled out for Steelers.

Joemailman
10-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Ryan Wood

EQ St. Brown elevated for tomorrow’s game as a COVID-19 replacement for DL Tyler Lancaster. Some added WR depth with MVS on IR.

With MVS out, EQ is likely the best deep post threat the Packers have.

With Lancaster out, I wonder if we see Heflin.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:34 AM

Pretty sure fat Mike takes some time off his duties in dallas to write the play calling in Pittsburg.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:38 AM
Harve, I disagree with you about once every 10 years, This is one of 'em. Watched the Steeler game. Najee Harris had a solid game catching the ball and is the real deal as a NFL RB. He's big, quick, fast, and shows good power.

Tex, the Steelers WR's were great. But they are hurting JuJu Schuster is out with rib miseries.
A Packer defensive game plan would be to focus on Najee Harris, check Chase Claypool, and of course, heat up #7

There is another factor. In post game comments, Bengals WR Tyler Boyd chastised the Steelers for "quitting" at the end of Sunday's game. They will be pissed and fired up Sunday.

I think Dionte is the most targeted black man since....well, insert your own bad joke here about profiling. He is probably the best at getting open in the league, but last year he had hands of stone. He missed last week but will be back. I like Claypool and all, but Johnson is the guy to fear, especially since he lines up in the slot often where Jaire won't be covering him.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:43 AM
And Pittsburgh has a long history of losing to bad teams and beating good teams during the Tomlin era (and maybe going back further). I know it frustrates my friends who are Steelers fans.

The steelers have become the team I can't bet on or against. I just seem to be off with them. I feel like we should be able to handle them in a game that won't feel as close as the score....so we probably will get blown out.