PDA

View Full Version : Packers Sign Tight End Tyler Davis

CaptainKickass
09-29-2021, 10:36 AM
Davis (6-4, 252) was originally a sixth-round pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2020. He was waived by the Jaguars on Aug. 31 after playing in eight games as a rookie. Davis will wear No. 84

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/28/packers-sign-te-tyler-davis-off-colts-practice-squad/

I know zero about this guy. No "official" signing from the team site yet either. Does a guy signed off another team's practice squad have to be signed to the active roster? I thought this was the case. Or can he go from practice squad A to practice squad B?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2021, 11:28 AM
Davis is the Oedipal son of ex-Pack great, Tyrone Davis. According to wiki, he a former QB turned TE. The guy attended UConn and then transferred to Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.

Tonyan ALMOST cost Pack the 69ers game by not slowing down the corner on Crosby’s game-winner. Probably gonna replace Tonyan on special teams.

CaptainKickass
09-29-2021, 11:46 AM
Davis is the Oedipal son of ex-Pack great, Tyrone Davis. According to wiki, he a former QB turned TE. The guy attended UConn and then transferred to Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.

Tonyan ALMOST cost Pack the 69ers game by not slowing down the corner on Crosby’s game-winner. Probably gonna replace Tonyan on special teams.

Thanks for the additional info. Team site has the transaction posted but nothing further. I like former QB's on special teams for potential fakes & creative play-calling.