3 games
25 catches
309 yards
1 TD

On pace for
142 catches
1,751 yards
6 TD

If he doesn’t break NFL records, he should break a couple Packer records for yards and receptions. Yards is currently held by Jordy at 1519 and receptions is held by Davante already with 115. Hopefully he cranks out some touchdowns and makes it the undisputed best season by a Packer receiver.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 04:54 PM
The rest of the way, he needs

6.5 catches per game to finish with 116
86.5 yards per game to finish with 1520 yards

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 04:58 PM
I think last year Davante passed Jordy as the best WR of the Rodgers era. He’s already passed Freeman as the best WR of the Favre era.

He just has Sharpe, Lofton and Hutson to pass. He’d have to stick around with some big success to go down as the best Packer WR, but he’s got a shot at that title.

George Cumby
09-29-2021, 06:02 PM
I'd prefer he doesn't break the records as that would mean no one else has developed as a alternative threat.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 06:52 PM
Adams needs 142 yards receiving to pass Boyd Dowler on the Packers all-time receiving list. He needs 971 to pass Jordy Nelson. 1115 to pass Don Hutson. 1258 to pass Sterling Sharpe.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Adams needs 142 yards receiving to pass Boyd Dowler on the Packers all-time receiving list. He needs 971 to pass Jordy Nelson. 1115 to pass Don Hutson. 1258 to pass Sterling Sharpe.

The more you know. Interesting.

Driver is a long way off. It sure would be cool to see Rodgers and Adams for 4 more years together. I imagine they’d break all the records. But I don’t know if that is in the cards. This might be the last year of both of them.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 07:13 PM
Brett Hundley is the 20th all time passing leader in team history.

It’s interesting when you look at the passing leader list. From 1992-2021 it’s been Favre/Rodgers. That takes up 30 years of history. Starr and Dickey took another 20 years.

You had from 71-76 between Starr and Dickey

and then

From 85-92 between Dickey and Favre.

So 12 years of unstable QB play and then 50 years between 4 guys.

No matter what age, Packer fans only know short spans of QB instability.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 07:25 PM
The more you know. Interesting.

Driver is a long way off. It sure would be cool to see Rodgers and Adams for 4 more years together. I imagine they’d break all the records. But I don’t know if that is in the cards. This might be the last year of both of them.

Davante will go for the big money. I think the only way they both stay here is if Rodgers signs for less than market value so he can finish his career here. If they win the Super Bowl he might.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 07:30 PM
Davante will go for the big money. I think the only way they both stay here is if Rodgers signs for less than market value so he can finish his career here. If they win the Super Bowl he might.

Maybe if Rodgers did it, Davante would take a little less too. He’d be more likely to play out a contract with Rodgers than starting over somewhere at 30 with no rapport.

Joemailman
09-29-2021, 07:35 PM
Maybe if Rodgers did it, Davante would take a little less too. He’d be more likely to play out a contract with Rodgers than starting over somewhere at 30 with no rapport.

Maybe. I'm just thinking Rodgers has already made more money anyone can spend. This is Adams' last chance to make the really big money. WR's don't last as long as great QB's can.

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 07:53 PM
What's the wr franchise tag? I think that maybe the route we have to go

Upnorth
09-29-2021, 07:55 PM
Brett Hundley is the 20th all time passing leader in team history.

It’s interesting when you look at the passing leader list. From 1992-2021 it’s been Favre/Rodgers. That takes up 30 years of history. Starr and Dickey took another 20 years.

You had from 71-76 between Starr and Dickey

and then

From 85-92 between Dickey and Favre.

So 12 years of unstable QB play and then 50 years between 4 guys.

No matter what age, Packer fans only know short spans of QB instability.

Man I hope you need to edit this to 65 years and 5 guys

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2021, 09:39 PM
It’s a different era. I don’t think Davante will reach those guys level. He has to have a lot more great seasons to sniff HoF. Reggie Wayne is borderline HoF in this era, and he has almost double the receptions and yards Davante has. He’s good, but nobody will convince me he’s as good as Sharpe. Lofton was a lot like Randy Moss talent wise, and Hutson is the Babe Ruth of WRs. Donald Driver had better numbers than Sharpe and Hutson and similar stats as Lofton, and we all know he’s not close to their league. Good chance of being on the Mt. Rushmore of Packers WRs though, if he stays here.

RashanGary
09-29-2021, 09:46 PM
Since this is a stat thread now….

Fat Eddie would be in his 9th season if he were still playing :lol:

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2021, 09:53 PM
Davante will stay. Rodgers is probably gone unless the Packers brass decided they want him after all. We'll see. Wouldn't shock me if LaFleur bails is Rodgers leaves. He could get the vast majority of head coaching jobs in the league - although he has young kids likely established in school, etc so he might stay for that reason potentially.

texaspackerbacker
09-30-2021, 12:26 AM
Man I hope you need to edit this to 65 years and 5 guys

60 years and the same 4 guys would be a helluva lot better.

bobblehead
09-30-2021, 09:41 AM
Davante will stay. Rodgers is probably gone unless the Packers brass decided they want him after all. We'll see. Wouldn't shock me if LaFleur bails is Rodgers leaves. He could get the vast majority of head coaching jobs in the league - although he has young kids likely established in school, etc so he might stay for that reason potentially.

So, based on what information in what world do you think the packers brass has acted like they DON'T want Rodgers?

Joemailman
09-30-2021, 10:20 AM
One thing that may hurt Adams' career numbers is his tendency to get hurt. Only twice in his career has he not missed at least 1 game.

King Friday
09-30-2021, 02:30 PM
The franchise tag is certainly in play with Adams...he is a guy that it would make sense for. He wouldn't like it, but as long as he is playing with Rodgers, I don't think he would hold out over it. He wouldn't accept playing under the tag if Rodgers leaves.

texaspackerbacker
09-30-2021, 08:20 PM
The franchise tag is a very cap unfriendly thing. I agree, Davante is a helluva lot more likely to stay if Rodgers stays, and I, of course, think that is likely to happen. Then we work out a generous but cap friendly deal with Adams. If Rodgers doesn't stay either by his choice or idiocy in the team leadership, then it doesn't make any difference anyway, the team is in the toilet for the foreseeable future.

call_me_ishmael
09-30-2021, 09:31 PM
So, based on what information in what world do you think the packers brass has acted like they DON'T want Rodgers?

Let him play on a lame duck contract after an MVP season? The actual reality we live in. Go listen to the press conference for a reminder.

call_me_ishmael
09-30-2021, 09:33 PM
The franchise tag is certainly in play with Adams...he is a guy that it would make sense for. He wouldn't like it, but as long as he is playing with Rodgers, I don't think he would hold out over it. He wouldn't accept playing under the tag if Rodgers leaves.

He isn't playing under the franchise tag. He might get tagged, but they would work out a deal or he'd fake an injury or maybe even holdout.

RashanGary
10-11-2021, 07:19 PM
42 catches
579 yards
2 tuds

On pace for
1968 yards
143 catches
7 tuds

Anti-Polar Bear
10-11-2021, 07:27 PM
42 catches
579 yards
2 tuds

On pace for
1968 yards
143 catches
7 tuds

Did you escape from the well?

RashanGary
10-11-2021, 07:33 PM
Did you escape from the well?

I did. Electronic monitor. House arrest. It’s 23 hour lockdowns at the jail cuz of covid. It would be the most brutal stay imaginable to have stayed my full 67 days on quarantine. 3 days was hard. It’s like everyone is in isolation cells. Just brutal.

Guiness
10-11-2021, 07:50 PM
I did. Electronic monitor. House arrest. It’s 23 hour lockdowns at the jail cuz of covid. It would be the most brutal stay imaginable to have stayed my full 67 days on quarantine. 3 days was hard. It’s like everyone is in isolation cells. Just brutal.

That's good news, happy to hear it.

Bretsky
10-11-2021, 07:56 PM
He isn't playing under the franchise tag. He might get tagged, but they would work out a deal or he'd fake an injury or maybe even holdout.

i completely think we plan to Franchise Adams and he may even know it.

It's though that the guaranteed money is why we can't agree. For instance, the Steelers and packers are pretty known to guarantee signing bonuses but not the funds in the contract. I heard this on ESPN so it's not coming from me. The steelers finally made an exception to get TJ Watt in here. GB seeems to be holding tight.

Joemailman
10-11-2021, 08:20 PM
42 catches
579 yards
2 tuds

On pace for
1968 yards
143 catches
7 tuds

Adams will have to start scoring TD's for this to be his best overall season. Last year he had 1 TD for every 6.4 receptions. This year so far it is 1 TD for every 21 receptions.

RashanGary
10-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Adams will have to start scoring TD's for this to be his best overall season. Last year he had 1 TD for every 6.4 receptions. This year so far it is 1 TD for every 21 receptions.

Even without the touchdowns he’s on pace for close to an all time season. The touchdowns would make it even better.

RashanGary
10-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Dickrod is tied for 8th on the most touchdowns caught by Aaron Rodgers list. Crazy.

smuggler
10-12-2021, 05:32 PM

That's miserable, but at least you have your creature comforts at home as a result.

George Cumby
10-12-2021, 06:00 PM
IDK where to put this so this is good as anyplace.

I was at my son's karate tournament over the weekend.

I was talking with a guy from a dojo in East Palo Alto, he went to a rival high school of Adams. Told me about a game where Adams scored seven touchdowns. Dude was in awe, said 'There was NOTHING we could do to stop him."

Also said Adams was a pretty down to Earth guy, which is always nice to hear.