PDA

View Full Version : MVS To IR

Joemailman
10-01-2021, 06:59 PM
The Packers Wire

Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is expected to go on injured reserve and will miss at least three games with a hamstring injury.

Jeremy Fowler

Packers are expected to place Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) on short-term IR, per source. The thought is a speed option downfield could re-aggravate the injury so they want to give him time.

Opportunity knocks one last time for St. Brown?

RashanGary
10-01-2021, 07:16 PM
We’ll just see more Cobb and maybe a little bit of Rodgers and Malik. We had six WR's. Don't really need St Brown.

Fritz
10-02-2021, 09:17 AM
I do think St. Brown is physically most like MVS - they are nearly clones, physically. Well, Encyclopedia, this is probably your last, best chance.

CaptainKickass
10-02-2021, 04:46 PM
I do think St. Brown is physically most like MVS - they are nearly clones, physically. Well, Encyclopedia, this is probably your last, best chance.

The guy is secretly named after beer. I should hope this alone makes him a fan favorite.
E.S.B.
Extra Special Bitter?
Equanimeous Saint Brown?

Maybe opportunity, maturity, coaching and player development can all come together at the right time, just like brewing a tasty beer.

https://www.shoppersvineyard.com/images/sites/shoppersvineyard/labels/red-hook-esb_1.jpg

https://www.beerawareness.com/storage/2015/02/Fullers-ESB-1-225x300.jpg

run pMc
10-02-2021, 06:59 PM
It will be Malik Taylor or EQ taking his role of running the deep routes. Maybe Lazard on one or two plays once they get play-action going. MVS is valuable to take the top off the D and at least get a safety's attention.
MVS does a lot of damage in the intermediate-to-deep passing; his YPC indicates as much. They'll miss his run blocking as well.

Cobb and Amari are not the answer to this question. However, I could see them being used in jet sweeps, motions, and short-to-intermediate routes. There's a place for them in the offense, especially if Jenkins can't play and they need to keep the short passing game on speed dial.

bobblehead
10-03-2021, 05:30 AM
I expect to see Malik Taylor get at least 2 shots downfield in this game.