PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 other games

RashanGary
10-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Fields looking good.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 01:31 PM
KC and the City of Brotherly Animus Eagles shooting it out.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2021, 02:36 PM
I'm real pleased with Eric Stokes, but wow, this Trevon Diggs looks damn good for the Cowboys. I'm glad he's on my second favorite team.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Dogfight in SF.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 05:42 PM
NFC West is going to be a fight for the division.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Haven’t slept in more than 24 hours. Going to bed. Gonna skip the GOAT’s homecoming.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Fuck the bogus GOAT. The real GOAT played another routinely great game today.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2021, 06:49 PM

The Great Arm of Butte is great, but TB12’s 7 rings make him the GOAT.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 06:58 PM
You're both wrong and both right.

Rodgers is the regular season GOAT.

Gisele's husband is the post-season GOAT.

Jaire
10-03-2021, 07:02 PM
You're both wrong and both right.

Rodgers is the regular season GOAT.

Gisele's husband is the post-season GOAT.

Think Rodgers would win seven plus rings with Brady's defenses. Just stop the silliness. Brady was playing backyard catch with Jaire in the NFCCG and still won the SB. See his first wins too, especially that first one against the Raiders.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Think Rodgers would win seven plus rings with Brady's defenses. Just stop the silliness. Brady was playing backyard catch with Jaire in the NFCCG and still won the SB. See his first wins too, especially that first one against the Raiders.

We had a good discussion about that a while back. Someone, Harv, Joe, Patler or PB did a break-down on that, the support Brady had on D is ridiculous compared to what Rodgers had.

I don't think anyone would argue your point, except for the real-world results.

Teamcheez1
10-03-2021, 07:17 PM

I thought Rodgers played good today, not great.

George Cumby
10-03-2021, 07:20 PM
I thought Rodgers played good today, not great.

Correct. Passer rating 95.6. Good, not great.

Joemailman
10-03-2021, 09:13 PM
Wow. Rams must really miss Joe Barry. :duel:

smuggler
10-03-2021, 09:20 PM
Rodgers would have looked better if Jones had held on to that third down pass in the endzone or if the refs had called the mugging on Lazard on 3rd and goal.

Jaire
10-03-2021, 09:28 PM
Fields looking good.

Yeah. He might be good. Still too early to tell.

But the Lions should have won that came. Same old Lions: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

call_me_ishmael
10-03-2021, 09:39 PM
Rams vs Cards is the NFCC preview. Man that Kyler Murray is great. New breed with the boy in Baltimore too. Too bad JLove is not a 4.4 guy.

call_me_ishmael
10-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Mac Jones is looking really, really, really good for his draft position. WOW!

call_me_ishmael
10-03-2021, 10:13 PM
Swap the number and my god, Mac Jones _really_ looks a lot like Brady as far as playing style. He's more mobile for sure though.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Mac Jones is outplaying the bogus GOAT. Obviously, if Rodgers had the team around him both O and D that Brady had, he'd have won as many or more Super Bowls too, but Ted Thompson put the kibosh on that.

Yes, CMI, what you said nails it. Love ain't even close to the runner Jackson and Murray are. Even if he can throw as good as those two (and that's far from proven), he's just a guy. I actually advocated drafting Lamar Jackson a few years ago - use him as a kinda Taysom Hill type change of pace player and back up QB. Imagine that added dimension. I wouldn't even rule out using Jordan Love that way, although somebody must have considered that and decided he couldn't handle it.

call_me_ishmael
10-03-2021, 10:41 PM
Mac Jones is the real fricking deal. Dude brought it against a VERY good defense in the rain. I am supremely impressed.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2021, 11:21 PM
To be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with Jones. He has good composure for a rookie, but the guy has a noodle arm. I don’t think his ceiling is very high. 8 yards per completion. It was like watching Cousins and Mayfield this afternoon—except that Cousins arm strength is decent. Everything is a dink and dunk throw. His ball takes forever to get to the sideline, so he’s extremely limited. Very limiting in the red zone. The completion percentage was good, the yards per completion were poor.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 09:27 AM
To be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with Jones. He has good composure for a rookie, but the guy has a noodle arm. I don’t think his ceiling is very high. 8 yards per completion. It was like watching Cousins and Mayfield this afternoon—except that Cousins arm strength is decent. Everything is a dink and dunk throw. His ball takes forever to get to the sideline, so he’s extremely limited. Very limiting in the red zone. The completion percentage was good, the yards per completion were poor.

That's what I thought. Defenders were coming dangerously close to out patterns. I think he's limited if he can't improve his arm strength.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2021, 02:48 PM

Do you think Brady has better arm strength? I wasn't really looking at that sort of thing and it very well could just be that the Pats aren't very talented and the Bucs are ultra-talented and can cover like crazy. I thought he looked the part out there.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 03:54 PM
With :59 left in the game, why did Belichick try a 56 yard field goal in the rain rather than go for it on 4th and 3? Did he really think the probability of hitting that field goal was higher than that of gaining 3 yards? Patriots had been completing short passes all night.

RashanGary
10-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Do you think Brady has better arm strength? I wasn't really looking at that sort of thing and it very well could just be that the Pats aren't very talented and the Bucs are ultra-talented and can cover like crazy. I thought he looked the part out there.

Peyton and Eli got by with Jones level of arm strength. I thought he looked good too.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2021, 05:41 PM

Yes. Brady’s arm strength is fine. He doesn’t have Favre, Marino, or Rodgers arm—but he still has adequate arm strength.

Rewatch the game and notice the difference on the sideline throws between Jones and Brady.

You know who has a cannon? Trey Lance. He probably has the second best arm strength in the NFL—behind Josh Allen.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2021, 05:46 PM
Peyton and Eli got by with Jones level of arm strength. I thought he looked good too.

Both those guys had much better arms than Jones early in their career. Peyton lost his arm the last couple of years.

George Cumby
10-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Good discussion about this kid.

I really like what's between his ears, IMO that's the most important variable.

Let's see what his arm strength looks like in 2022.

IIRC, there were knocks on Rodgers' arm early in his career.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 07:31 AM
Good discussion about this kid.

I really like what's between his ears, IMO that's the most important variable.

Let's see what his arm strength looks like in 2022.

IIRC, there were knocks on Rodgers' arm early in his career.

Well, he's on the Bears, so give him a season or so and that'll knock his IQ down considerably.

Joemailman
10-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Well, he's on the Bears, so give him a season or so and that'll knock his IQ down considerably.

Um...I think Cumby was talking about Mac Jones, not Justin Fields.

bobblehead
10-05-2021, 09:46 AM

2 strengths that can carry Mac to success. He is accurate. He makes smart decisions. Just like I have said here many times, he looks short first and takes it if its open. If its not he has a good idea where the single coverage will lie and he immediately throws it deeper to single coverage. If you are accurate and make good decisions and have a great defense you can win a lot of games in the NFL.

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Correct.

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 10:38 AM
2 strengths that can carry Mac to success. He is accurate. He makes smart decisions. Just like I have said here many times, he looks short first and takes it if its open. If its not he has a good idea where the single coverage will lie and he immediately throws it deeper to single coverage. If you are accurate and make good decisions and have a great defense you can win a lot of games in the NFL.

And he plays for one of the, arguably, best coaches ever, especially when it comes to putting players in position to succeed.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 10:51 AM

Oooohhhhhh....

Oops.

Howz about that Mac Jones guy, eh? Pretty good, that one.

smuggler
10-08-2021, 04:35 AM

I don't know that's entirely true. At the end of Peyton's career, yes, but not at the start...