PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: The Clock has stopped

Jaire
10-03-2021, 06:33 PM
So. I'm new

Why is it Banjo?????

My only take aways: hope Jaire and Savage are ok. Big Ben is done.

Edit: sounds like Jaire is only out three to four weeks with a shoulder injury.

call_me_ishmael
10-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Cobb looked good today.

RashanGary
10-03-2021, 08:35 PM
Cobb looked good today.

Yep. Was nice to see

Joemailman
10-03-2021, 09:11 PM
Questions that don't get answered when you're at the game:

Was it OPI on Steelers 1st touchdown?

Were Steelers offside on blocked field goal?

Any explanation on why they picked up flag on Rodgers trip?

Is it just me, or is Rodgers having a lot of trouble connecting with Tonyan?

Jaire
10-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Was it OPI on Steelers 1st touchdown? Yes

Were Steelers offside on blocked field goal? close call

Any explanation on why they picked up flag on Rodgers trip? refs stink this year

Is it just me, or is Rodgers having a lot of trouble connecting with Tonyan? He was well covered all game.

Steelers are still a really good team, esp that defense. Their oline stinks and Ben is finished or they would be contenders.

beveaux1
10-03-2021, 09:28 PM

Was it OPI on Steelers 1st touchdown?

Were Steelers offside on blocked field goal?

Any explanation on why they picked up flag on Rodgers trip?

Is it just me, or is Rodgers having a lot of trouble connecting with Tonyan?

Ticky-tack OPI. Usually not called.

No one really knows if they were offside. No camera angle for them lining up offside. They moved when the ball moved.

No idea why they picked up the flag. It was definitely tripping

Yes, he’s having trouble connecting with Tongan.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2021, 09:47 PM
First, it was MVS. Now, Tonyan.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2021, 10:31 PM
Tonyan was heavy into helping out on pass blocking last week and to a lesser extent this week. Also, as somebody said, he was well covered. I'll be interested to see how Roethlisberger plays against other teams regarding whether he is "done" or the Packers D was just pretty good.

Clearly it was OPI; Clearly it was tripping; Thank goodness they didn't call PI on Jaire on that long pass. No comment on the offsides call except that they owed us one hahahaha.

Good game by Cobb, but I can't help thinking the main reason Davante didn't do much was no MVS.Was Cobb hurt at the end when Amari was in the game instead?

King Friday
10-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Injuries really piling up at this point. Glad our division is a joke, because it will be tough to keep winning at the rate we are losing people.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2021, 11:23 PM
Tonyan was heavy into helping out on pass blocking last week and to a lesser extent this week. Also, as somebody said, he was well covered. I'll be interested to see how Roethlisberger plays against other teams regarding whether he is "done" or the Packers D was just pretty good.

Clearly it was OPI; Clearly it was tripping; Thank goodness they didn't call PI on Jaire on that long pass. No comment on the offsides call except that they owed us one hahahaha.

Good game by Cobb, but I can't help thinking the main reason Davante didn't do much was no MVS.Was Cobb hurt at the end when Amari was in the game instead?

He got 7 targets today—which is more than normal for him. 2 receptions.

smuggler
10-04-2021, 05:05 AM
The offsides was directly due to them being offsides on the previous extra point, so I'm not crying.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 08:31 AM
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
#Packers CB Jaire Alexander is believed to have suffered an AC joint injury in his shoulder, sources say. More evaluations to come to see how bad it is but that’s the initial diagnosis.

Every team loses players to injuries. But the Packers are losing players who are among the best players in the NFL. This may make some people cringe, but the Packers really need to hope Kevin King will be back next week.

Jaire
10-04-2021, 09:21 AM
First, it was MVS. Now, Tonyan.

I thought Tonyan was well covered, at least on every play I saw. Rodgers overthrew it a hair on one or two plays. Steelers are a good defense. That's the difference. We only play 2 or 3 similar or better defenses the rest the year: most at home (except Arizona, whom I assume are solid with all their pickups and the sin against the Rams).

Missing our two best linemen and our number 2 receiver, the Packers played a great game, even with four or five misques by Rodgers and receivers. If this team stays/gets healthy, they are the number two team in the NFC.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 10:14 AM
Kingley Keke - Only 1 tackle, but it was a sack. Also had a pass defensed. Don't know what his issue was the 1st 2 games, but he's coming on.

Oren Burks - 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss.

Gonna need guys like these to get through this injury situation.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2021, 10:58 AM
The pass rush was a disaster yesterday. Non-existant.

RashanGary
10-04-2021, 11:00 AM
Kingley Keke - Only 1 tackle, but it was a sack. Also had a pass defensed. Don't know what his issue was the 1st 2 games, but he's coming on.

Oren Burks - 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss.

Gonna need guys like these to get through this injury situation.

Keke got to go against rookies this week. It will usually be a little tougher for him

RashanGary
10-04-2021, 11:01 AM
I thought Tonyan was well covered, at least on every play I saw. Rodgers overthrew it a hair on one or two plays. Steelers are a good defense. That's the difference. We only play 2 or 3 similar or better defenses the rest the year: most at home (except Arizona, whom I assume are solid with all their pickups and the sin against the Rams).

Missing our two best linemen and our number 2 receiver, the Packers played a great game, even with four or five misques by Rodgers and receivers. If this team stays/gets healthy, they are the number two team in the NFC.

We have some health issues. If they can keep winning and get healthy at the right time, the door opens.

RashanGary
10-04-2021, 11:10 AM
I feel like the outside zone is coming around. What used to be no gainers is turning into 2-4 yard gainers. The beauty of being able to run the outside zone is the big gainers eventually come.

Lazard is becoming a weapon on those short outside passes. He's so consistent in his blocking, those quick passes are turning into 5-12 yard gains consistently. It's a little piece of the offense that we're starting to hang our hat on.

It's a different offense than a year ago. Once the line is healthy and the passing game opens up, these little pieces just make the offense even harder to stop.

I'm really impressed with the young OL. Rodgers is breaking in a talented group for the Love era to get a good start.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-04-2021, 11:13 AM
The pass rush was a disaster yesterday. Non-existant.

Whatcha talking ‘bout, el hombre? Disaster? The pass rush wasn’t elite, but it was fair enough to make Rapistberger uncomfortable. The Notorious B.I.G Ben kept throwing to receivers behind the sticks on 4th downs.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2021, 11:36 AM
They had 4 pressures all day I believe.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2021, 11:36 AM
Every team loses players to injuries. But the Packers are losing players who are among the best players in the NFL. This may make some people cringe, but the Packers really need to hope Kevin King will be back next week.

Are you kidding? Just about anybody you could throw in there would be better than King - Yiadem, Jean-Charles, Sullivan, Ento, or somebody off the scrap heap. King in single outside coverage or even in the slot is an invitation to disaster. Hopefully Jaire is back, but if not, anybody but King!

And Kingsley Keke looked damn good at times, decent for most of the game, He was a breath of fresh air compared to Tyler Lancaster, that's for sure. I'd stop short of calling him a stud, but he was no dud either. Where's the S & D thread?

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 11:47 AM

I thought Gary had a pretty good day, but I didn't notice Preston Smith at all. They need more from him on a weekly basis.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Plus, 2 sacks and a fumble recovery caused by the front 7. "Disaster" is yours truly, a minimum wage burger flipper, losing $6000 this year playing 1/3 poker. Sunday's performance by the pass rush does not define disaster.

bobblehead
10-04-2021, 02:12 PM

Agreed. Its a testament to the entire organization and the players that they are down their 2 best OL, and their best pass rusher yet still are finding ways to win. Now we will add our best cover corner to the list. At some point its too much to overcome, but if Rodgers continues to be elite and guys step up to be something better than tire fire, they can continue to beat most teams. How many bench players can we throw in their before it really starts to show? I would have said we are past that point already so what do I know.

bobblehead
10-04-2021, 02:15 PM
Keke got to go against rookies this week. It will usually be a little tougher for him

Now imagine seeing Donald line up against a rookie center, guard and a 2nd year guard. REALLY need to get the OL healthy for the playoffs.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 02:54 PM
Rob Demovsky

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said he does not have an update ​on CB Jaire Alexander's shoulder injury.

At this point, he could not say whether Alexander would be out for the year.

"Everything is getting looked at right now," LaFleur said.

That doesn't sound great.

Bill Huber

Turner graded out tops among the offensive linemen for his work against Watt yesterday, LaFleur says.

Talk about misleading stats. Stats show T.J. Watt with 2 sacks. One was on the trip. Other was when Rodgers ran around for about 6 seconds and then slid.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2021, 02:55 PM
I need a rule interpretation from Joe or whoever else might be an expert in that area. Bradley, the long snapper, kinda cocked the ball on the blocked kick - going slightly up and forward before snapping it. I noticed on a later FG, he didn't do that. My question: is the D allowed to cross the line on that first movement - the cocking of the ball? Or do they have to wait until it is actually snapped? That might make all the difference on whether the offsides was legit or not.

Joemailman
10-04-2021, 04:10 PM
GREEN BAY – The Packers' medical staff is still gathering information on cornerback Jaire Alexander's injured shoulder, Head Coach Matt LaFleur said Monday, so any timeline or future plan remains uncertain.

"We're kind of in a holding pattern until we find out what's really wrong with Ja'" LaFleur said. "They're getting some other opinions on how to proceed."

If the injury requires surgery, which is not usually the case, his season is over. If not he'll be back.

https://www.hss.edu/playbook/ac-joint-injuries-football-background-diagnosis-treatment/

Depending on the severity of the injury, recovery may take anywhere from 1-6 weeks. If the AC joint shows gross instability and needs to be stabilized, surgical intervention may be necessary but this injury often responds well to conservative treatment. When the medical staff feels that the joint is stable and the shoulder is strong enough to absorb a hit and return to the rigors of football, the player returns to the field.

George Cumby
10-04-2021, 08:29 PM
FWIW, I called the AC joint injury in the gameday thread, only because I've suffered one, BTW.

I got tackled by a 180# SWAT TL playing Hoover-ball, when he finally got tired of me gaming him. He pile drove me into the ground, took a while to heal, felt like a sprained ankle, just in the shoulder.

Took about 6 weeks to get better.

Jaires younger, in better shape, with better genetics and a top notch medical team. Provided the underlying injury isn't severe, I'd guess he's out 2-3 weeks.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 07:28 AM
I am not sure why Keke is getting so much love. He made one play.

I wonder if Yiadom is the next man up now - sounds like it. I wonder how ol' Josh Jackson is doing with the Gigantes in NY?

hoosier
10-05-2021, 07:30 AM
FWIW, I called the AC joint injury in the gameday thread, only because I've suffered one, BTW.

I got tackled by a 180# SWAT TL playing Hoover-ball, when he finally got tired of me gaming him. He pile drove me into the ground, took a while to heal, felt like a sprained ankle, just in the shoulder.

Took about 6 weeks to get better.

Jaires younger, in better shape, with better genetics and a top notch medical team. Provided the underlying injury isn't severe, I'd guess he's out 2-3 weeks.

I separated my AC joint in a bike accident. I couldn't move my injured arm past midpoint for about three weeks. I rehabbed it diligently and took me about eight weeks to get full range of motion back. Mine felt like shit but it was diagnosed as only mild to moderate separation. Remember Tramon's separation in 2011? He wasn't the same player for the rest of the season and that, along with Collins's injury, were the demise of that Packer defense. Hope Jaire is not affected to the same degree.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I would feel better about this if the Packers had a young guy with some long-term potential that they could plug in and give the snaps to, in order to speed his development - like Eric Stokes on the other side. But Yiadom has been around the block and he is what he is, and Shemale Claude Van Damme seems strictly a slot guy, so they're stuck throwing Viacom out there, I think.

You gotta admit that having Stokes on one side and some combination of Viacom/Schwing on the other side must have opposing OC's licking their chops, especially with the Packers' pass rush being pretty average at best right now, with Z out.

Like I said, wouldn't be so bad if they had some young guy they could give the snaps to on the other side, try to develop him. Even if the kid got beat deep, is that much different than Kevin Schwing?

I am wishing right now Gutekunst hadn't traded Hollman to Houston. I wonder if Gutes is wishing the same thing at the moment.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I would feel better about this if the Packers had a young guy with some long-term potential that they could plug in and give the snaps to, in order to speed his development - like Eric Stokes on the other side. But Yiadom has been around the block and he is what he is, and Shemale Claude Van Damme seems strictly a slot guy, so they're stuck throwing Viacom out there, I think.

You gotta admit that having Stokes on one side and some combination of Viacom/Schwing on the other side must have opposing OC's licking their chops, especially with the Packers' pass rush being pretty average at best right now, with Z out.

Like I said, wouldn't be so bad if they had some young guy they could give the snaps to on the other side, try to develop him. Even if the kid got beat deep, is that much different than Kevin Schwing?

I am wishing right now Gutekunst hadn't traded Hollman to Houston. I wonder if Gutes is wishing the same thing at the moment.

Well, I took a minute to do the research, and the Texans have released Hollman, so my post above is stupid. At least the Hollman part. He's out there for the taking.

I can't find anything on Josh Jackson, if he's playing, or playing much, for the Giants. But having him out on a corner doesn't seem too inspiring.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 07:57 AM
Well, I took a minute to do the research, and the Texans have released Hollman, so my post above is stupid. At least the Hollman part. He's out there for the taking.

I can't find anything on Josh Jackson, if he's playing, or playing much, for the Giants. But having him out on a corner doesn't seem too inspiring.

Okay, a triple post, but it's really about highlighting my ignorance.

So I did do some more in-depth research on ol' Josh Jackson, and after looking at the box scores for the Gigantes' first four games, I found that Josh Jackson has yet to play a single snap for the Giants.

Oh, and Jaire, it's "Banjo" because a former poster named PBMax started the thread in honor of a former Packer safety of limited ability named Chris Banjo.

bobblehead
10-05-2021, 09:52 AM
I am guessing we will see a lot more of savage playing slot and basically playing corner while being called a safety.

Joemailman
10-05-2021, 10:00 AM

I can't find anything on Josh Jackson, if he's playing, or playing much, for the Giants. But having him out on a corner doesn't seem too inspiring.Packers have signed Hollman to practice squad.

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 10:35 AM
So we traded Holiman and a pick to the Texans for Cobb and we got Holiman back?

Right now that looks like a decent bit of horse-trading.

Fritz
10-05-2021, 10:53 AM
It does. Basically got Cobb for free.

I wonder if Kadar has learned how to play zone better and how to tackle better.

He actually looked promising in some of the games he appeared in. He's 27, so old for a developmental project, but if you played him for four or five games, would he at that point be better than Viacom or even Schwing?

Probably not, but I wonder. He's got the physical tools.

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2021, 11:26 AM
I don't want to see Kevin King on the field no matter what. Hollman coming back is a good thing. Ento played good most of the time in preseason. Jean-Charles played outside Corner a few snaps last game and IMO did better than Yiadem in coverage. Anybody but King!

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2021, 12:30 PM
So we traded Holiman and a pick to the Texans for Cobb and we got Holiman back?

Right now that looks like a decent bit of horse-trading.

Even better. We traded Holman for a pick and then traded a pick for Cobb.

Thus, we got Cobb for an exchange of a late 6th (probably) for an early 7th.