PDA

View Full Version : Well that didn't last

Guiness
10-05-2021, 01:29 PM
So the Urban Meyer experiment is looking to last even less time than I would've imagined!

Looks like he might not even make it through the season! I thought he'd have a Saban like stint, a year that the owner ignored then a second year with no improvement and departure either during or right after.

Instead we have a concurrent explosion and implosion! Urban gets drunk at a birthday party and blows up any respect he has by looking like a wasted old white guy while the team is imploding on the field.

I'm guessing Khan doesn't want to pay out the contract and is pushing him to resign.

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 01:37 PM
ROFLMAO.

Goodness, but the Schadenfreude is delicious.

Guiness
10-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Hell, his Jacksonville career may be shorter than Josh Gordon's latest suspension.

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 02:19 PM
^Hahahahaha.

Also entertaining:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1445403401660084243?s=20

Sparkey
10-05-2021, 07:40 PM
I'm sure he has a Morals Clause in his contract. The lawyers just have to cross t's and dot i's before they indirectly enforce it and he retires for "health reasons"

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 08:01 PM
Speculation in the PFT comments is he's angling for the USC gig.

Seems like a stretch.

I think he's just a sociopathic dumbass who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Bretsky
10-05-2021, 09:49 PM
a lot of guys like Urban are egomaniac douchebags who think they are untouchable. Morality not the strongsuit. I can think of a former Badger football coach with the same first name as me who got around doing some interesting stuff in the area as well

call_me_ishmael
10-05-2021, 10:58 PM
What did he do that was so egregious? Honest question. Like - I get he was caught on camera with a chick grinding on him and squeezing some booty but that doesn't sound _that_ bad to me?

George Cumby
10-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Check the Twitter thread I linked.

call_me_ishmael
10-05-2021, 11:30 PM
I get it and even if he was boning the gal, so what? I am sure most of the coaches have side pieces (uninformed speculation for sure but rich powerful folks normally do).

Why wouldn't he just tell the team straight up that he was getting some booty and it is what it is and move on? Seems kind of silly. IMO people are too hard on Urban - the Jags are not very talented.

Joemailman
10-05-2021, 11:34 PM
What did he do that was so egregious? Honest question. Like - I get he was caught on camera with a chick grinding on him and squeezing some booty but that doesn't sound _that_ bad to me?

He didn't return home with the team Thursday night supposedly so he could see his family. Instead he gets filmed at a bar. Maybe a coach whose team just went to 0-4 should be returning home with the team to get to work on trying to win a game?

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2021, 09:42 AM
He didn't return home with the team Thursday night supposedly so he could see his family. Instead he gets filmed at a bar. Maybe a coach whose team just went to 0-4 should be returning home with the team to get to work on trying to win a game?

Ahhh gotcha, yeah that is a bad look for sure.

King Friday
10-06-2021, 10:19 AM
It is very much like the subject of draft prospects getting nailed for weed when they show up to the combine. It isn't that NFL teams care about someone smoking weed (or grinding on a girl half your age) but it is the stupidity of doing something when you know you are going to be tested or photographed. Can you trust someone to lead a team if they can't figure out how to avoid this kind of situation?

Meyer has been a master at "managing the narrative" in college football, but that is a far different deal in the NFL. So far, he's been an unmitigated disaster in that regard, and his chances of lasting past this season in JAX are near zero.

Fritz
10-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Uh, Joe, your logic is faulty here. Why couldn't Meyer not see his family in a bar? And how do you know that young woman is not part of his family? She's of an age where she could be his grand-niece.

Maybe he didn't lie at all.

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2021, 04:50 PM
How stupid can you be though? He is well known to sleep around so why risk it in public like that? Dumb!

George Cumby
10-06-2021, 10:23 PM
How stupid can you be though? He is well known to sleep around so why risk it in public like that? Dumb!

Weird what decades of entitlement and lack of natural consequence will do to a 'man'.

run pMc
10-07-2021, 09:04 AM
A college coach struggling in the pros? SHOCKING

One can decide for themselves if 57 year old married men ought to be behaving like that in public, in a world where social media is everywhere and any fame will get you noticed.

Not travelling back with the team is just weird. Unheard of on the pro level for a HC to do, actually. Not a good look if you're expected to be a leader.

Major distraction for a team; I'll be surprised if he lasts the year. A lot of the moves they've made this year have been dumb, so who knows.

Fritz
10-07-2021, 10:20 AM
If there is any justice in the world, Urban Meyers's wife will be angry and upset when she finds out because dealing with hubby's bullshit is taking away from her time with her cabana boy.

George Cumby
10-07-2021, 06:02 PM
^ Hahahaha.

She'll just make him buy her a solo month-long cruise to the Mediterranean with a personal masseuse thrown in.