PDA

View Full Version : After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of Stealers @ GB week 4

CaptainKickass
10-06-2021, 09:55 PM
After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of Stealers (intentional) @ GB week 4

- The "Blurry vision" camera effect has got to go. You know, where the center focus is on a player or sideline reporter but everything behind is blurry? It's kinda cool in Madden after you score, but CBS/NFL is WAY overusing it. Hurts my eyes trying to focus and is totally unrealistic. We live in a world of HD & 4K+ and maybe we wanna see the nameless equipment guy picking his nose in the background or the bra-less hottie in the stands getting beer spilled on her shirt. It's just how humanity is.

- I'll give Jim Nantz a pass for pronouncing "Grey" instead of "Gary" this one time. But with his 3 or 4 decades of broadcasting experience, of all the names to mispronounce he gets Gary wrong?

- Did two old, legendary Quarterbacks tie or break 3 Marino records in the same game? Ben: 400 TDs & 61,377 yardage. Aaron 420 TDs. Weird.

- Worthless/Toothless/Rapist-berger. I'm still not a fan.

- The pump fake & shoulder check. Rodgers is great at it. Except he only uses it maybe once a season. As he ages, it might behoove him to use it more. Haven't seen it all year.

- The "crucial catch" design on the hoodies & t-shirts of the sideline personnel looks like a 1987 gay bubblegum meteor shower on acid. Billions of dollars pass through the NFL but they skimp on the crappy cancer awareness design. Classy.

- ESB, despite having a beer name, is the Schmidt beer of wide receivers thus far.

- Based on performance I feel like using Dillon more to run the ball early in the game might be effective.

- Aaron Rogers ripped a small hole in the Luxury Automobile's upholstery when he slightly overthrew him. He stitched it up with a completion later however. I did not get to yell.

- I loved having the live broadcast 1st quarter of the game completely free of commercials.

- Tony Romo as an announcer is far superior to Aikman in every way.

- Officials are not improving.

- When A. Rodgers completes a pass to the other A. Rodgers does time warp? Or does a swirling vortex open up underfoot and things get all Jumanji? Inquiring minds want to know.

- The Nijman continues his ascension.

- Rashan Gary going airborne and simultaneously taking down both the tackle who was blocking him and the quarterback for the sack, is the most impressive thing I've seen out of the defense so far. Must be the Berry Enthusiasm.

- Stokes made the catch on his interception to end the game without looking at the ball. It looked like he flinched. He turned his head away as the ball came in and I can only imagine closed his eyes too, but still came away with the ball. Neat.

- BoHo the punter. That is all.

George Cumby
10-06-2021, 10:22 PM
These are Gold.

Keep up the good work.

I, too, really enjoyed that play by Gary. I really like the way, once he got his talons into Big Rapist, he dragged him to the ground like a lion downing a wounded wildebeest.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-rashan-gary-leaps-over-pit-ol-for-epic-sack

Upnorth
10-07-2021, 07:32 AM
Nice collect capt. Good link George
I gotta second getting dillion more involved early. If we smash more with dillion I think jones' touches will become more effective.

Guiness
10-08-2021, 04:17 PM
- The "crucial catch" design on the hoodies & t-shirts of the sideline personnel looks like a 1987 gay bubblegum meteor shower on acid. Billions of dollars pass through the NFL but they skimp on the crappy cancer awareness design. Classy.

+1
I thought it has a bowling alley disco-like motif

- Aaron Rogers ripped a small hole in the Luxury Automobile's upholstery when he slightly overthrew him. He stitched it up with a completion later however. I did not get to yell.

Guiness's girlfriend (yes, she's still around!) yelled at him for not jumping for the ball. I laughed. That was not going to happen/would not have helped.

- Tony Romo as an announcer is far superior to Aikman in every way.

I notice he's laid off calling the play before the snap. I thought it was funny, but OCs were probably concerned the D was tuning into the broadcast!

- Rashan Gary going airborne and simultaneously taking down both the tackle who was blocking him and the quarterback for the sack, is the most impressive thing I've seen out of the defense so far. Must be the Berry Enthusiasm.

That sack was an absolute thing of beauty. Up and over the tackle, incredible grip strength to grab BR and drag him down by his shoulder pads like that.

Thanks for this Captain, fun read and runs pretty parallel to my thoughts on what we saw on the week-end.

bobblehead
10-09-2021, 02:19 PM
These are Gold.

Keep up the good work.

I, too, really enjoyed that play by Gary. I really like the way, once he got his talons into Big Rapist, he dragged him to the ground like a lion downing a wounded wildebeest.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-rashan-gary-leaps-over-pit-ol-for-epic-sack

When that play happened I screamed "welcome to the NFL Mr. Gary!!" That was a big time play. The wildebeest analogy is also big league. Well played.