PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Other Games

George Cumby
10-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Rams beat the 'Hags.

Anyone watch it?

Fritz
10-08-2021, 11:37 AM
I did not. Saw an article that said, basically, that Stafford was all over the place with the ball for about the first half and part of the third quarter - and it started before he jammed his finger. Then somehow he got it together and ended up with 365 yards passing.

And Russell Wilson hurt a finger, too. Geno Smith played in his place. I didn't know the guy was still in the league.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2021, 11:57 AM
I watched. I thought Stafford was pretty damn good--except for a bone-headed play where he was trying to throw the ball away but didn't throw it far enough and it was picked off in the endzone. Russell's finger looked gnarly, but apparently he avoided a fracture (mallet finger instead). The Rams were clearly the better team. That team has some high end talent.

Guiness
10-08-2021, 12:03 PM
I did not. Saw an article that said, basically, that Stafford was all over the place with the ball for about the first half and part of the third quarter - and it started before he jammed his finger. Then somehow he got it together and ended up with 365 yards passing.

And Russell Wilson hurt a finger, too. Geno Smith played in his place. I didn't know the guy was still in the league.

I wonder if somewhere there is a Jets forum with a thread along the line of 'Former Jets who have gone on to excel elsewhere'.

Not that Geno has excelled. Adams? No, him neither...

edit: got one - Sam Darnold!

smuggler
10-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Geno actually played well. The pick was only due to Ramsey interfering and knocking down his receiver.

Joemailman
10-08-2021, 08:46 PM
Trey Lance will get 1st start for 49ers against Cardinals. Garoppolo is hurt.

Reports are that Russell Wilson will be out 4-8 weeks. Packers play Seahawks November 14.

call_me_ishmael
10-08-2021, 09:43 PM
History repeats itself - Niners vet QB loses job to rookie due to injury.

MadScientist
10-09-2021, 01:14 AM
I turned in at the end, and was glad Seattle lost. They deserved to lose just for wearing those highlighter uniforms.

smuggler
10-09-2021, 02:34 AM
I like that color green in some cases, but clothing is not one of them.

George Cumby
10-10-2021, 09:30 AM
I like that color green in some cases, but clothing is not one of them.

It's great for running or biking, that bright chartreuse is more visible than even blaze-O.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Mormon Boi, Zach Wilson, is holding the rock forever…just like his idol, the Great Arm of Butte, used to do back in the days.

Took something like 10+ seconds just to throw the rock away on the Jets’ final drive. Then danced around for eons before taking a sack.

Wilson is a playa.

Joemailman
10-11-2021, 12:27 AM
Jaguars have joined the 1976 Bucs as the only NFL teams to lose 20 straight games.

scharpcheddar
10-15-2021, 04:25 AM
Jaguars have joined the 1976 Bucs as the only NFL teams to lose 20 straight games.

Odd. Florida has both extremes in wins and losses