PDA

View Full Version : Studs and duds Packers Bengals

KYPack
10-10-2021, 08:23 PM
(Posting this so Tank won't post one of his Unicorns and butterflies dumb ass posts)

Studs

Davante Adams (No kiddin' eh?) 11 grabs for 206 yards and a touchdown. Guy may well tack up 2000 yards this season.

Aaron Jones 14 rushes for 103. The big time 57 yarder was a work of art that saved our collective asses

Aaron Rodgers Just because he is one stud puppy every week

Devondre Campbell. With Z Smith on the shelf, this cat is stepping up as the physical and emotional leader on D. 8 tackles, a TFL, Pass deflection and a big pick at the start of OT. Good pickup, Gute. Now sign him to a deal

Duds

There were an abundance of dudlies in this game. I'll do a group dud and Name ST's

Bojorquez the uber punter fell to earth with some shit kicks. He averaged 33.5 on his punts. Included was a 31 yard stink bomb deep in our territory.

Beer money Mason Crosby. OK Rats, have at him he deserves a double dud in a game where he kicked the game winner. I agree with Run, it seemed he was rushing his kicks looking for more height or something. Get it going soldier we need you for the cold weather kicks.

Coverage. Mo Drayton needs to get his and his troops shit together. Bengals return man Brandon Wilson had 120 yards on 4 kicks. Overall lane integrity on our overage units continues to blow goats. Stay in your freaking lanes and makes some tackles.

King Friday
10-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Need to add Dillon to the studs...he was solid on the ground and also caught 4 passes including a TD.

Joemailman
10-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Kenny Clark was a stud. 6 tackles, 2 TFL, pressure that forced Amos INT.

George Cumby
10-10-2021, 11:28 PM
Gary. Not flashy numbers, but he was applying consistent pressure, doesn't give up on plays, my impression is teams run away from him.

George Cumby
10-10-2021, 11:32 PM
Need to add Dillon to the studs...he was solid on the ground and also caught 4 passes including a TD.

I loved him catching the ball, he's not a one-trick pony and other teams will have to take that into account. I'm still not sure they are using him correctly.

Also, I forget if it was a throw to Dillon in the flat or a sweep. Second quarter, I think Rodgers saw something at the line, gave a hand signal behind his back to Dillon, Dillon responded and it was a nice gain. Did anyone else catch that?

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2021, 05:46 AM
All of the above to a great extent.

I expect the hate to come raining down when I say this, but as I've said way more than once and this game strongly demonstrated, quality O Line play really doesn't make a helluva lot of difference for the Packers. Rodgers just doesn't need that much pass blocking, and Jones can dart and dodge with minimal run blocking too. Dillon on the other hand, needs a significant hole. By a small margin, yes, he was a stud in that game, but a lot of times, the line didn't open anything, and he couldn't get rolling. Dillon is a decent change of pace, but he is definitely not even close to as good as Jones.

Rodgers was also by a small margin a stud, but he was below his usual standard of magnificence - and I don't mean just the interception. If that cross wind was affecting the kickers, it may have also affected him on some passes.

Adams: stud as always. I'm thinking they were single covering him a lot, as Rodgers hit him so-o-o-o many times.

Stokes was a stud early, and it seemed like they didn't throw his way late.

Overall, I'll call our D Line a dud - also by a small margin. Why in hell they let Lancaster on the field I really don't know. Slayton got a few snaps and did good. Keke got less snaps than the previous week and did ok. Lowery was better than he usually is. But Lancaster absolutely stunk. I think also playing him more resulted in Clark getting more attention and not doing as much as the previous week.

St. Brown - who I have praised a lot - looked lost and shitty in his blocking.

Kevin King - who I have hated on maybe more than anybody - was actually pretty decent/not a dud. I only saw him get beat once. He made those two excellent plays on Higgins, and other than that you hardly saw him, which means he was doing his job like a stud (?) in zone coverage. Ditto that for Chandon Sullivan. I'll give Savage a dud by a small margin - slightly more bad plays than good. I'll give Amos a stud by a small margin too - he made several not very good plays, but the big pick kinda made up for it.

Special teams - and apparently the coach - need to shape up a lot. In addition to the yardage, the mere fact that the Bengal kick returner chose to run it back when he could have just taken it at the 25 a couple of times showed that they really didn't respect our kick coverage. Punts too, and receiving punts there was rotten blocking for Amari Rodgers. Did I actually see Tyler Lancaster in there where Tonyan was the week before on FGs? If so, maybe that's his role hahahaha - there was no close calls on blocks.

bobblehead
10-11-2021, 09:37 AM
After the game I couldn't resist. Sent this tex to one of my closest friends in Wisconsin "Hey, I missed the game. Big win though. Only saw the final play...Looked like Crosby was cash money as usual!!"

Fritz
10-11-2021, 10:52 AM
I'd be happy if Lancaster has replaced Tonyan on the right side. I love ol' Bobby Ton, but even with the pointers from Mercedes Lewis, Tonyan still seems to struggle on the kick blocking.

I wonder how the defensive line, outside of Clark, was the entire game. Early on I heard they were applying good pressure - even Keke, a couple times - but I did not hear about the end of the game much in terms of the D-line. Is there hope for Keke or is he just a guy? And did Slaton make much of an impact?

George Cumby
10-11-2021, 11:29 AM
After the game I couldn't resist. Sent this tex to one of my closest friends in Wisconsin "Hey, I missed the game. Big win though. Only saw the final play...Looked like Crosby was cash money as usual!!"

LOL

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2021, 11:31 AM
studs: unicorns
duds: butterflies

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Beer money Mason Crosby. OK Rats, have at him he deserves a double dud in a game where he kicked the game winner. I agree with Run, it seemed he was rushing his kicks looking for more height or something. Get it going soldier we need you for the cold weather kicks.

Michael Jordan missed lots of 3-point shots. He was sometimes cold for a full half. I think you have to judge kickers by their past 10 games. I guess kickers are interchangeable so they get more heat.

Speaking of interchangeable weapons, when do we get an update on J. K. Scott? He never writes, he never calls.

Fritz
10-11-2021, 12:31 PM
Michael Jordan missed lots of 3-point shots. He was sometimes cold for a full half. I think you have to judge kickers by their past 10 games. I guess kickers are interchangeable so they get more heat.

Speaking of interchangeable weapons, when do we get an update on J. K. Scott? He never writes, he never calls.

He did, actually, but it didn't get here. It was delivered short of where it was supposed to go.

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2021, 01:04 PM
I'd be happy if Lancaster has replaced Tonyan on the right side. I love ol' Bobby Ton, but even with the pointers from Mercedes Lewis, Tonyan still seems to struggle on the kick blocking.

I wonder how the defensive line, outside of Clark, was the entire game. Early on I heard they were applying good pressure - even Keke, a couple times - but I did not hear about the end of the game much in terms of the D-line. Is there hope for Keke or is he just a guy? And did Slaton make much of an impact?

I still think it's the design. They overload the blocking on the left side... leaving Tonyan trying to slow down two guys on the right side.

SudsMcBucky
10-11-2021, 01:27 PM
He did, actually, but it didn't get here. It was delivered short of where it was supposed to go.

:rs:

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2021, 03:24 PM

bobblehead, the only reason I don't call you a complete dumbass is because you're right more often than wrong in that unmentionable part of the forum. Cumby doesn't even have that going for him. I guess your friend must be an idiot too. If any of ya'all dumbasses have any disagreement, kindly have the balls to be specific.

bobblehead
10-11-2021, 03:46 PM
bobblehead, the only reason I don't call you a complete dumbass is because you're right more often than wrong in that unmentionable part of the forum. Cumby doesn't even have that going for him. I guess your friend must be an idiot too. If any of ya'all dumbasses have any disagreement, kindly have the balls to be specific.

Not entirely sure what the hell your rambling about, but this post made me laugh pretty hard so....thank you I guess??

George Cumby
10-11-2021, 04:09 PM
If any of ya'all dumbasses have any disagreement, kindly have the balls to be specific.

Specifically, you are a grotesquely subjective Homer with limited football knowledge. You are immature and dull. Your posts are so much stream of consciousness drivel. They are poorly thought out, at best. When confronted with an opinion different from your own, instead of considering it on it's merits you resort to sophomoric name-calling. Worse, when triggered, which is laughably easy to do, you demand that the poster who triggered you be banned as you are such a delicate, entitled snow-flake the mere existence of someone with a perspective different from your own which might force you to extend outside of your small little reality is so threatening to your identity they must be punished and cast out. You're sole contribution to the conversation here is that you provide a counter perspective which is valuable in a forum with a dwindling poster base and for that I am glad you are part of the eco-system.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2021, 05:06 PM

hurtful

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2021, 05:08 PM
Specifically, you are a grotesquely subjective Homer with limited football knowledge.

Maybe specifically, but Tex is a big picture guy, he shines generally like a lone star.

Guiness
10-11-2021, 07:48 PM

Saw Slaton once, he was part of a good defensive play where the runner tried to bounce to another gap and he slid over and helped with the tackled.

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2021, 11:17 PM
If I agree with somebody, I say so. If I disagree, I spell it out in detail. Several shitheads in here should try doing the same. If the shoe fits .....

I'll never apologize for being a homer. Some people don't seem to have ...... what it takes to acknowledge the way our home teams mostly are and they whine they're being "realistic" - more like stupid and gutless.

Football knowledge? I've seen maybe 4 or 5 people in here over the years I'd defer to on that - several of those seldom or never posting these days. The bastards whining about that in this thread obviously are not among them.

Show me where I ever demanded that somebody be banned. There are a few people I certainly wouldn't mind seeing gone (Cumby, you're near the top of that list hahaha), but I never demanded anything or even asked for that.

Upnorth
10-12-2021, 06:55 AM
Stud : d line first half
Pass Blocking of oline after 1st quarter
Rodgers after first quarter
Dud: dline second half (outsid of Clark. He was full game good)
Pass Blocking first quarter
Rodgers first quarter.

I honestly thought it was going to be a Saints game again until Nyman and runyon became a wall for a bit at the start of the second which finally let 12 get his rhythm. That drive changed the whole game.

Upnorth
10-12-2021, 06:58 AM
Oh yeah one other dud and its a dud for the first 5 games.

Red zone d. I believe we are 0/13 on red zone stops. We are better inthe middle of the field this year than most teams suprisingly, but are pu e garbage in the red zone. No ints, no fumbles, no sacks, 1 tfl. Unacceptable

hoosier
10-12-2021, 07:47 AM
Specifically, you are a grotesquely subjective Homer with limited football knowledge.

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/amXBgDd_700b.jpg

Fritz
10-12-2021, 08:32 AM
It was a great win from a team missing several of its best players. But that red-zone (lack of) defense is getting worrisome. That has to improve or at least begin to improve if this team hopes to make any noise in the playoffs.

I'm concerned that the injuries might tank this season. If Z can't make it back and be effective, that's a major blow. And that's before we talk about Jaire Alexander.

Guiness
10-12-2021, 01:36 PM
All of the above to a great extent.

St. Brown - who I have praised a lot - looked lost and shitty in his blocking.

St-Brown had one noticeably bad play - blocking on a screen that Lazard caught, whiffed on his guy who made the tackle not much past the LOS.

I'll give Savage a dud by a small margin - slightly more bad plays than good. I'll give Amos a stud by a small margin too - he made several not very good plays, but the big pick kinda made up for it.

Savage gets a stud for finding a way to label Burrow without drawing a flag. Despite the fact he was well beyond the line of scrimmage and didn't slide, I more than half expected the laundry to come out. I can't have been alone in that.

He may have gotten a throat punch in there too!

Guiness
10-12-2021, 01:44 PM
Oh yeah one other dud and its a dud for the first 5 games.

Red zone d. I believe we are 0/13 on red zone stops. We are better inthe middle of the field this year than most teams suprisingly, but are pu e garbage in the red zone. No ints, no fumbles, no sacks, 1 tfl. Unacceptable

That is the most frustrating, knowing the opposing team is going to get the TD every. damn. time.

Bengals stopped the Packers in the red zone once and twice more at the 25 I believe.

George Cumby
10-12-2021, 02:23 PM
If I agree with somebody, I say so. If I disagree, I spell it out in detail. Several shitheads in here should try doing the same. If the shoe fits .....

I'll never apologize for being a homer. Some people don't seem to have ...... what it takes to acknowledge the way our home teams mostly are and they whine they're being "realistic" - more like stupid and gutless.

Football knowledge? I've seen maybe 4 or 5 people in here over the years I'd defer to on that - several of those seldom or never posting these days. The bastards whining about that in this thread obviously are not among them.

Show me where I ever demanded that somebody be banned. There are a few people I certainly wouldn't mind seeing gone (Cumby, you're near the top of that list hahaha), but I never demanded anything or even asked for that.

Hahahahaha.

You're delusional.

Fritz
10-12-2021, 03:21 PM
George, I think you have to change your signature to read ". . . but will defend to the death Tex's right to be delusional."

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2021, 03:40 PM
The bastard doesn't have the brains or the balls to argue a point - sports or anything else.

George Cumby
10-12-2021, 04:24 PM
George, I think you have to change your signature to read ". . . but will defend to the death Tex's right to be delusional."

Done.

CaptainKickass
10-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Stud: Dean Lowry (AKA: Seasoned Salt)
Dude might've played his best game ever against The Bungles in my opinion but regardless, for a guy who regularly gets crapped on by fans I think he earned it. And anytime a d-lineman can put his hands in the air like he just don't care and time his jump so he bats down a couple of passes in a game, you know it's not just luck.