PDA

View Full Version : After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ Bengals week 5

CaptainKickass
10-13-2021, 08:53 AM
After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ Bengals week 5

- Amari hasn't done anything to make me believe he will ever be a weapon on punt returns.

- I feel like Aaron doesn't ever "climb" the pocket when it's there. Instead, he takes off backwards & sideways.

- Barnes Bashes Burrow.

- The Turfmonster™ made a special guest appearance & tackled a Bengal for us. For the uninitiated, The Turfmonster™ is recognized when a player appears to get tackled... by nothing! It's as if a ghostly invisible hand reached out from the turf to make the tackle. I believe Madden coined the term.

- Did Adams got poked in the eye? Announcers said contact lens but does he even wear contacts?

- THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!!!!

- Earning his newest nickname was Equimissingblocks St Brown.

- I dunno what's worse, refs calling shit that isn't there - or - refs NOT calling shit that IS there.

- The only team in football without a red-zone stop? The Packers.

- An innocent pylon was brutally murdered during the 1st Packers TD. Person of interest AJ Dillon, is wanted for questioning. Film at 11.

- I'm feeling like Dean Lowry might be pretty great at volleyball.

- No nickname necessary for Savage as he was too busy living up to his actual name when he Ballistically Buried Burrow. Savage indeed.

- At least once in the game, the entire front four on defense was rotated out for four other linemen. Maybe it happens frequently, but I've never observed an entire defensive line simultaneous substitution before.

- More TDs & less FGs or the season won't be very long methinks

- There was a Bengal defensive back seemingly cheering FOR Green Bay on the field in the camera frame after Davante made a gold zone grab for a first down. He didn't do anything defensively to contribute to the stop. Just started clapping and smiling after Davante made a nice grab. Weird.

- Does Savage actually slightly tip the ball INTO Chase's hands for that big TD?

- Airborne Amos.

- Burrow Badly Botches Bomb.

- Jean-Charles Jock Juked.

- After the 1st FG miss at the 2:12 mark, the TV shows BoHo the Punter say something to Crosby to which Crosby replies an emphatic "WHAT?!?!". I wonder what was said?

- I love how Jones delivered hit of his own to the last defender at end of the long run.

- The telestrator operator inadvertently drew a frown on Joe Burrow's face on the TV screen in the 4th Q. Perhaps an omen or premonition?

- Mason Crosby both paid a real hefty tax but then got himself a tax refund check all within one game.

- Kenny Albert is single-handedly to blame for all of the weird missed field goal drama. Yes, Mason missed an extra point earlier, but the jinx became a thing when Albert said nothing as the graphic appeared on screen showcasing Crosby's consecutive field goal record just before making his 27th consecutive field goal. Meanwhile while Jonathan Vilma is asking Kenny something like "Aren't you going to say anything?". Kenny's desire to NOT jinx that first field goal led to a quantum debt vacancy in the field goal universe which created the cosmic backlash of multiple misses we all witnessed first hand. It's science.

- It sure felt like I watched: The Bungletown game that nobody wanted to win.

- Bad punts & repeatedly missed field goals on both teams leads me to believe something fishy was happening with the K-Balls. You know, the special footballs they use only for kicking. I'm thinking a deflate-gate style of tomfoolery and chicanery.

- Is there anything better in football than seeing the opponent's kicker celebrate a game winning field goal when they actually missed the kick? Priceless.

- THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!!!!

- Redemption!

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2021/10/USATSI_16929529.jpg?resize=1000,600

Joemailman
10-13-2021, 09:34 AM
- More TDs & less FGs or the season won't be very long methinks

And just the opposite on defense. I wonder which unit wins when they do red zone drills in practice.

Joemailman
10-13-2021, 09:48 AM
The Biggest Dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYzGl1AYes

Upnorth
10-13-2021, 10:04 AM
Please make this a weekly thing capt. Great vid joe!

George Cumby
10-13-2021, 10:38 AM
What North said.

But I have a complaint.

What took so long?

I might have to start an "I want to make my Obligatory Post to CKA's AFR Thread".

Fritz
10-13-2021, 11:16 AM
Obligatory "After Further Review" post.

run pMc
10-13-2021, 12:20 PM
After the 1st FG miss at the 2:12 mark, the TV shows BoHo the Punter say something to Crosby to which Crosby replies an emphatic "WHAT?!?!". I wonder what was said?

I noticed and wondered the very same thing.

smuggler
10-13-2021, 12:27 PM
That's my big dawg...

Cobra Kai
10-13-2021, 05:53 PM
"- I feel like Aaron doesn't ever "climb" the pocket when it's there. Instead, he takes off backwards & sideways."

YES, I have thought he's been doing that all year. I'm not sure it's because he doesn't trust the young guys in the middle or what his issue is but I think it's causing him more problems than it's helping.