PDA

View Full Version : Is Morency the new Tony Fisher

GoPackGo
09-14-2006, 12:22 PM
The JSonline article talks about how we made this trade for a 3rd down running back who is shifty and and catch the ball. Isn't that why we had tony fisher? Is Morency considered an upgrade to Fisher? It seems to me that we should have kept our stable of running backs from last year, even if they were injury prone. thoughts?

ahaha
09-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Fischer looked good for the Rams in week one.

MJZiggy
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I noticed that.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2006, 12:57 PM
He has more talent than Fisher. They aren't really that similar. Fisher had some bulk, but was a pedestrian ball-carrier. He had to make up for that with his receiving skills and his blocking. This guy is a better runner, but a worse blocker. Fisher was good at everything--until he got the ball in his hands. This guy can do something with the ball--once he gets it into his hands.

Cobra Kai
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
We already have Fischer on our team, his name is Noah Herron. They're basically the same guy. The only reason people are down on Herron is he was miscast as a KR last week and had unfortunate fumble because he was fighting for extra yardage...

I agree with Harv, Morency is more talented than Fischer and Herron. He'll be a very capable #2 RB once he is acclimated to the O here in GB and God forbide our #1 should Green go down...

Partial
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
We already have Fischer on our team, his name is Noah Herron. They're basically the same guy. The only reason people are down on Herron is he was miscast as a KR last week and had unfortunate fumble because he was fighting for extra yardage...

I agree with Harv, Morency is more talented than Fischer and Herron. He'll be a very capable #2 RB once he is acclimated to the O here in GB and God forbide our #1 should Green go down...

No way, Fisher was a good third down back. He was quick. Herron is the definition of slllooowwww

Cobra Kai
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM

No way, Fisher was a good third down back. He was quick. Herron is the definition of slllooowwww

Fisher probably is a little faster that Herron but I'd be willing to bet the difference is minuscule. I definitely wouldn't classify Fisher as quick...

Merlin
09-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I think they thought that Davenport would work out, that's why they let Fischer go. I liked Fischer, I thought he was a great 3rd down back. He definitely sucked for us as an every down back though.

Partial
09-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I think they thought that Davenport would work out, that's why they let Fischer go. I liked Fischer, I thought he was a great 3rd down back. He definitely sucked for us as an every down back though.

I dunno, back when we had a line I always thought he was a pretty good back. All three of our guys seemed to get 4 yards a carry.

PackerPro42
09-14-2006, 03:19 PM
The Rams don't really need Fisher as a Third down running back because Steven Jackson is an ever down back.