PDA

View Full Version : Bert, WTF?

George Cumby
10-14-2021, 11:06 AM
I've been listening to NFL Network on Sirius, the dumb hillbilly can barely string together a complete sentence.

Now this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10014773-brett-favre-asked-to-repay-828k-in-welfare-money-illegally-received-and-spent

Who knows what the real story is.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2021, 11:26 AM
I bet it was just shoddy biz practice by people managing the charity. $500K is cigarette money to Favre, it's unimaginable he himself trying to skim that out of the till. His charity organization looks admirable. Of course he might have been using the money to hush up some cheerleaders outside the family finances, so we need to wait and see.

George Cumby
10-14-2021, 11:28 AM
Agreed, he's not some criminal mastermind.

Fritz
10-14-2021, 11:33 AM
Agreed, he's not some criminal mastermind.

No, he's not, but I also thought of him as reasonably well-spoken. That down-home eloquence of Bum Phillips. So when you said he could barely string together some sentences, I wondered if maybe the concussions are affecting him.

I also have read that Brent does not manage his money well. So it may be that this $800+ thousand dollars is NOT chump change for him.

George Cumby
10-14-2021, 11:54 AM
It may be that he just needs a speech coach. He's so busy qualifying what he says, presumably to not offend anyone, it comes across as incoherent.

He does have some gems once in awhile, busting on Andy Reid for talking about Philly cheese-steaks during a press conference was pretty funny.