PDA

View Full Version : BJ Raji vs Kenny Clark

RashanGary
10-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Clark has 21.5 sacks in 5.5 years. Raji had 11 in six seasons. Clark is 18th on the all time list for Packers sacks. If he averages 5 per season during the duration of his contract he’ll finish 7th, right after Kampman and Ezra Johnson and ahead of Bennet and Paup.

Kenny Clark is off to a Packer HOF type career. He just needs to keep up his 5 sacks per season numbers to be accomplished enough to be considered.

Raji was overrated. Cletidus Clark is a consistent weapon.

RashanGary
10-18-2021, 04:48 PM
And for having 21 sacks, my impression of Clark is that he’s usually right there forcing a bad throw but missing the sack. It seems like he’s an even bigger pressure guy than he is a sack Guy.

George Cumby
10-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Thanks, Ted.

RIP.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Clark is likely already a Packers Hall of Famer. He's not a dynamic pass rusher (like Donald and some others), but he's a stout run defender with pass rush ability. He's similar to Chris Jones of the Chiefs.

He's better than Raji. Raji was good, but didn't have Clark's desire.

RashanGary
10-18-2021, 04:58 PM
He's better than Raji. Raji was good, but didn't have Clark's desire.

That’s a good way to summarize it. Clark is always in shape and always giving 110%. Raji was sort of a disappointment.

RashanGary
10-18-2021, 05:05 PM
Clark just turned 26 years old. He seems to still be getting better. So far this year he looks better than at any time in his career. He’s on pace for 8.5 sacks. He could push for 45 or 50 sacks by the time his contract runs out.

run pMc
10-18-2021, 05:12 PM
I think Raji was played out of position for a while. He was a good player and part of a good front with Pickett and Jenkins/Green. I don't think they overdrafted him, guys his size with his athleticism and who are good are rare.

Kenny was known as a run defender first, and only in the last 2-3 seasons has become a more consistent pass rusher. He was so young when drafted he could play quite a while and pile up the stats. They pay a hefty price for his production but he is easily GB's best DL, and one of the better ones in the league.

There might be some recency bias, but I think Kenny Clark is a better player.

CaptainKickass
10-18-2021, 05:31 PM
I can only imagine the disruption Clark and Raji on the field together for the Packers defense. Offensive nightmare.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2021, 07:09 PM
Clark 100%. He hardly ever gets pushed around even when double teamed. Raji would have one blocker on him and get shoved right out of the play - repeatedly. If you want to make this a close contest, make this Lancaster vs. Raji.

smuggler
10-18-2021, 09:48 PM
I always saw Raji as overvalued for his movement skills. He never played to the position's standard when it came to eating double teams and stopping the run...

Clark is a bit better at what Raji was good at and significantly better where Raji fell short, though no saint himself in those domains.

bobblehead
10-19-2021, 02:11 PM
I haven't really paid attention overall, but at least one time sunday he hit the QB from the DE position. I think if Slayton can step up to take a lot of NT snaps then you will see Clark easily get 5+ sacks a season. He is a guy who will be a pretty dominant DE if he isn't playing nose by necessity.

call_me_ishmael
10-19-2021, 03:01 PM
I haven't really paid attention overall, but at least one time sunday he hit the QB from the DE position. I think if Slayton can step up to take a lot of NT snaps then you will see Clark easily get 5+ sacks a season. He is a guy who will be a pretty dominant DE if he isn't playing nose by necessity.

Kinda wonder if he is Cullen Jenkins. Not too tall, but quick and thick at end.