PDA

View Full Version : Former 1st rd bears' pick Michael Haynes waived by Saints

Willard
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Saints | Haynes released
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:40:10 -0700

ESPNews reports the New Orleans Saints have released DL Michael Haynes.

Haynes, who'd switched to defensive tackle from end during the preseason, started four games in his three years, playing in 43. He had 5.5 sacks in his three seasons and also an interception return for a touchdown in 2004.

Haynes, the 2002 Big Ten defensive player of the year after 15 sacks as a senior for the Nittany Lions, was the 14th player selected overall in 2003. He was taken eight slots ahead of quarterback Rex Grossman, whom the Bears also drafted in the first round. Haynes' value fell when the Bears switched defensive systems two years ago under Lovie Smith.

He was waived by the bears on Sept.4 to get down to their 53 man roster. Does anybody have a feel for this guy compared to KGB, Montgomery, Hunter, etc.?

SkinBasket
09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
He was waived by the bears on Sept.4 to get down to their 53 man roster. Does anybody have a feel for this guy compared to KGB, Montgomery, Hunter, etc.?

I would love for them to give him a shot over Hunter (aka miniKGB), though I'm a bit biased as I think Hunter is a sack of poop with feet.