PDA

View Full Version : After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ Da Bears week 6

CaptainKickass
10-20-2021, 11:35 AM
After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ Da Bears week 6

- Red Zone defense is obviously in the crapper. Not even with modern plumbing or anything. I'm talking rickity-ass critter-infested, hundred and thirty year old, north-woods, outhouse style crapper.

- Stats say Cobb was on the field for 23 snaps but I forgot he was even on the team in this one.

- BoHo the Punter. 82 yard punt. J.K. who?

- Rodgers, not Aaron, not Amari, but Brad Rodgers, referee.

- It occurs to me that there's now two Khalil's on Da Bears.

- Aaron Rodgers forgot how to throw on time. The short/quick passing game we saw in week two seems to have disappeared.

- Next week: Join Scooby and the gang as they try the solve "The Case of the Multiple Phantom Penalties".

- Kenny should have killed the QB.

- Rasul tried to kill the QB.

- Bleen Dan Bleeno is useless.

- I find Greg Olson and Joe Davis mediocre at best. One of them says "rye vuh ree" instead of rivalry. Also, Greg Olson kinda sounds like Mark Taucher so it's confusing. They're still a better team than BuckMan™ though.

- Whitney Winfrey (Pam Oliver) still has issues speaking. The NFL loves refs who can't see and sideline reporters who sound impaired. Her speech reminds me of a drunk friend trying to appear sober so you'll give him his keys back. Politics or TV Meteorologist might be the only other industries where you can do a total shit job all the time and still remain employed.

- When's the last time a successful QB sneak was run with Aaron Rodgers?

- Only ESB could could manage to get pass interference on himself. Drink.

- The one-handed sack is becoming a signature Packers defensive move. Dean "Season Salt" Lowry gets this one. He almost had another late in the 4th quarter.

- He's improved dramatically since his 1st year on the team, but we saw a few snaps from "Billy Turnstile" in this one.

- THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!! with another reception. I like a call to him once or twice a game because defenses forget he's not just a 6th lineman.

- Then, Aaron Jones looking like a SmartCar on the freeway behind a semi, follows the old school blocking style of THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!! into the Gold Zone!

- The TV camera guys got fooled on Bears play action. Credit the Bears for fooling somebody.

- What the hell is a Mustipher? Mustache + Christopher = Mustipher?

- So many missed tackles behind the line by Packers D.

- Is Amari Rodgers left handed? I saw him fair catch a punt and pass the ball to official left handed.

- Did you know that famous tight end and former Packer Jimmy Graham plays for the Chicago Bears and was on the field for maybe 20 snaps in this game? ME NEITHER!!

- Finally, a nice Rodgers to Rodgers play.

- THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!!

- The DA strikes again. I don't remember ever having a nickname for Davante Adams but I think "The DA" or "The District Attorney" is fitting. He prosecutes every defensive coordinator. He proves his status with a preponderance of evidence. And he convincingly states his case beyond a reasonable doubt as best receiver in the league.

- Rodgers finally with a sweet pump fake, a rushing TD, then telling the Bears "All my fucking life. I own you". It doesn't get any better.

- Captain Kenny Clark showing why he deserves the big "C" patch. Two incredibly timely sacks in the 4th quarter to bring up 4th and long. Are you kidding me?!?!?! This Captain approves.

- I still get breathtaken whenever I see "4th & 26" on screen.

- I can only hope that A J. "Bob" Dillon hammering the ball to run out the clock becomes a common sight.

Dominance asserted

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2021/10/USATSI_16980929.jpg?resize=823,1024

Anti-Polar Bear
10-20-2021, 12:01 PM
Like all of us, Pam Oliver is just getting old. Pretty sure she was around during the Summerall-Madden era. In her youth, she was Fox’s #1 reporter, and damn good at it, methinks.

Cobb had 0 targets. Can’t do much if the QB ain’t targeting you.

In addition to the sacks, Cleditus prevented a bomb-6. DBs fucked up with communications or something (29 played zone whereas Amos followed his man into the flat), and Robinson was WIDE OPEN on a bomb route. Fields was too busy fending off Cletudus to drop a bomb. First time since he signed his titanic extension, Clark earned his paycheck.

Awesome post, Captain.

George Cumby
10-20-2021, 05:26 PM
Awesome post, Captain.

Agreed. God Level post.

But WFT took you so long?

I can't blame Rasul for the hit, Fields put his head in the line of fire there. I didn't see Rasul going for the kill shot. They exchanged words immediately after which looked pretty collegial.

The Dillon juke was beautiful. Someone here posted they wanted to see more Dillon earlier in the game, MLF must be reading Packerrats for good ideas, because we saw more Dillon earlier.

Nice catch on Amari's being left handed.

How is Jimmy Graham still playing? He should be in prison for robbing the Packers of how many millions?

DA. I love it. We can run with that one.

Pam really seems to be OVER articulating her words. Did someone say she's got a neurological problem last year?

Joemailman
10-20-2021, 05:31 PM
How is Jimmy Graham still playing? He should be in prison for robbing the Packers of how many millions?

He gets clemency since he's now robbing the Bears of millions.

George Cumby
10-20-2021, 06:12 PM
^ :-P

CaptainKickass
10-21-2021, 09:24 AM

Well George, since you keep asking, I'll tell you Washington Football Team took so long:

Time.

Time is what took so long.

And potentially you may have missed it even though it's the title of this thread, the title of each of the previous threads and it's also the first line of the each of the aforementioned threads original posts... But the thing is called:

After Further Review.

Evidence:

After Further Review

Now mind you it ain't called After Initial Review.

It ain't called After Sleeping on it until the next day Review.

It ain't called After Just watching the highlights Review

The thing is called:

After Further Review.

And what does Further Review take?

Time.

It takes time George.

Also:

Someone here posted they wanted to see more Dillon earlier in the game, MLF must be reading Packerrats for good ideas, because we saw more Dillon earlier.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/024/965/well.jpg

George Cumby
10-21-2021, 10:02 AM
:-P

bobblehead
10-24-2021, 06:38 AM
2 main things I took from Captains diatribe. Drunk friends asking for keys...will use that one next time someone stumbles their speech. And oh yes...it fit.

I think 4th and 26 causes heart palpitations in evey packer fan old enough to remember.

bobblehead
10-24-2021, 06:41 AM
Agreed. God Level post.

I can't blame Rasul for the hit, Fields put his head in the line of fire there. I didn't see Rasul going for the kill shot. They exchanged words immediately after which looked pretty collegial.

The Dillon juke was beautiful. Someone here posted they wanted to see more Dillon earlier in the game, MLF must be reading Packerrats for good ideas, because we saw more Dillon earlier.

Nice catch on Amari's being left handed.

DA. I love it. We can run with that one.

Pam really seems to be OVER articulating her words. Did someone say she's got a neurological problem last year?

I might promote him to judge because a) It sounds more imposing and b) He has earned the promotion.