PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Football Team

Joemailman
10-24-2021, 03:22 PM
Rodgers 274 yards, 3TD's, 127.6 rating.

Tonyan had best game of year 63 yards and a TD.

Campbell 13 tackles.

Gary 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 4 QB hits, constant pressure.

Keke 1.5 sacks

Lowry Half a sack, FR, FF.

Packers never really tried to establish running game with 35 passes and 15 runs.

Defense with 3 redzone stops.

Probably Gary's best game ever

smuggler
10-24-2021, 03:23 PM
Kind of a comfortable win, which is nice because the O-line did not play very well.

George Cumby
10-24-2021, 03:36 PM
Only caught snippets of the game on RedZone.

It seemed that every time it cut to the Packer's D, Gary was making a play.

Like a highlight reel.

Joemailman
10-24-2021, 03:43 PM
He was the man. To come up with a game like that with both Smiths out was huge, not just for today but for the future.

Guiness
10-24-2021, 03:47 PM
Posted this in the gameday thread but don't know if anyone will go back and see it

As the post-game Interview with Pam Oliver is wrapping up, Rodgers says 'love you' to Pam, she answers a little haltingly (surprised I think) with 'love you too' he squeezes her shoulder and walks away. Honestly, it was kind of a nice, warm moment between a couple of people who's crossed paths a lot and seem to have respect for each other, just unexpected on live TV.

beveaux1
10-24-2021, 03:49 PM
Mercilus showed power and can help situationally. Hamilton and Garvin are not good pass rushers. One or both might be able to set an edge, but they're JAGs as pass rushers.

Gary is explosive on most plays and sets a good edge. He's the best they have as an outside rusher. Future is bright there.

Z is more experienced as a rusher, but I'd rather have Gary to rush and set an edge.

Guiness
10-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Campbell 13 tackles.

Campbell continues to look like a great aquisiiton - wonder how many of those were on Heinicke's 10 runs?

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2021, 03:57 PM
Rasul Douglas actually looks decent.

George Cumby
10-24-2021, 04:00 PM
I'm not ready to pass judgement on Garvin.

He is young.

He looks slow, but that might just be the game is too fast for him atm.

I think he has some power.

See how he's playing at the end of the season.

George Cumby
10-24-2021, 04:00 PM
Posted this in the gameday thread but don't know if anyone will go back and see it

As the post-game Interview with Pam Oliver is wrapping up, Rodgers says 'love you' to Pam, she answers a little haltingly (surprised I think) with 'love you too' he squeezes her shoulder and walks away. Honestly, it was kind of a nice, warm moment between a couple of people who's crossed paths a lot and seem to have respect for each other, just unexpected on live TV.

That's kind of sweet.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2021, 04:06 PM
A win is a win is a win. Not a very good game in a lot of ways.

The O Line was about what I'd expect against a good opponent's D - no holes for our RBs and a consistent pass rush. Rodgers was excellent - as expected, as just about always. A lot of attention on Davante, but Tonyan, Lazard, Lewis took advantage of it.

Our D Line was good when it counted , the red zone, but got pushed around a lot in the rest of the field. Gary damn good, and Garvin and Mercilus were decent against what apparently is a good O Line. Stokes was good except for a couple. Rasul Douglas is looking like a keeper. He and Chandon Sullivan are making us thankful that Kevin King is inactive.

This was another game that proves the extreme value of Aaron Rodgers and how screwed the Packers would be without him.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-24-2021, 04:07 PM
Interior O-Yokozunas struggled with the both the pass and the run. Newman and Runyan made Klemm and Whitticker look like Sitton and Lang.

pittstang5
10-24-2021, 05:45 PM
Didn't see the game

Dare I ask, any injuries today?

Joemailman
10-24-2021, 07:42 PM
Didn't see the game

Dare I ask, any injuries today?

None that I know of.

Joemailman
10-24-2021, 07:44 PM
Aaron Rodgers pass chart. 10 completions at or behind the line of scrimmage. Nice job of taking what the defense gives you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCfqBcMVQAA8-v1?format=jpg&name=large

George Cumby
10-24-2021, 07:50 PM
That's some cool data. Thanks for posting.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2021, 12:14 AM
Green Bay is suddenly 7th in yards/game allowed, 7th in points/game allowed, 7th in takeaways, and 7th in sacks. Tougher games ahead, but still pretty impressive considering the injuries.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2021, 12:31 AM
Another interesting stat: Washington's OL had only given up 6 sacks in 6 games coming into this game. Packers got them for 4 sacks.

run pMc
10-25-2021, 12:25 PM
WAS's DL is no joke. Allen has been having a very good year, and Sweat was a nuisance all day. Wasn't surprised running the ball would be tough sledding, but I am surprised they didn't really stick with it. Rodgers was throwing a lot of short swing passes to Jones early and maybe that was "an extension of the running game". Seemed like they put Vaseline on one of the footballs the way it was getting fumbled. You had to expect an OL with backups to struggle against that front. Probably the most I've seen Rodgers pressured all year (I've blacked out the NO game from my mind lol).

Rasul Douglas played fine, especially for a #4 outside CB signed off another team's PS a few weeks ago. Eric Stokes is a keeper. This might turn out to be a good draft for Gute.
Rashan Gary is top 5 in the league in QB pressures. Dude had TEN yesterday. He was a monster against an OL that is normally very good but was missing 2 starters.
Garvin and Keke are fine; the snaps they are getting will matter. Keke is getting better.
Defense gave up a lot of yards, but ultimately stopped WAS from scoring which is what matters I guess.

Good to see Lazard and the TEs involved in the passing game. Rodgers played good but most of the team struggled. Re: Newman, he needs to get stronger and also get more experience. Seems like he doesn't handle stunts and twists well, and he'll get that down over time. I think the offseason will be important for him and Myers.

Refereeing continues to be very very iffy, which is troubling even if the calls even out for both teams.

An ugly win is still a win.

George Cumby
10-25-2021, 01:13 PM
' Wasn't surprised running the ball would be tough sledding, but I am surprised they didn't really stick with it. Rodgers was throwing a lot of short swing passes to Jones early and maybe that was "an extension of the running game" '

Agreed, I think MLF game planned it this way, esp. when you look at the graphic Joe posted above.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2021, 01:23 PM
Let's not forget that a lot of the yards Washington got were garbage time yards. When the Packers went up 24-7, the Packers had the edge in time of possession and both teams had about 300 yards.

That drive that WFT started with over 11 minutes left and took 5 minutes off the clock before Sullivan's interception was classic bend but don't break defense--up 17 with 10 minutes left. They gave up about 65 yards there. They made them work--rather than give up a quick score--and got the interception at the end. WFT added over 50 yards on the completely meaningless drive starting from their own 3 with 2 minutes left.

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2021, 01:55 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure our D picked it up in the second half, at least in the red zone. We were getting pushed around in the first half. I seem to recall the commentators saying the Blueskins were outgaining the Packers before that last meaningless drive and at least during the one where Sullivan had his pick.

Fritz
10-25-2021, 02:01 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure our D picked it up in the second half, at least in the red zone. We were getting pushed around in the first half. I seem to recall the commentators saying the Blueskins were outgaining the Packers before that last meaningless drive and at least during the one where Sullivan had his pick.

At some point in the third quarter, one of the announcers said that the Team was averaging seven yards per play. I couldn't figure out how GB could be ahead 21-7 at that point.

George Cumby
10-25-2021, 02:12 PM
At some point in the third quarter, one of the announcers said that the Team was averaging seven yards per play. I couldn't figure out how GB could be ahead 21-7 at that point.

Joe Berry's vaunted and fearsome red-zone defense.

Duh.

Fritz
10-26-2021, 07:09 AM
Since it's the Banjo thread, I would like to compliment Rodgers for something that was discussed a bit in the Game Day thread: Rodgers's compliment to Pam Oliver.

It takes guts for someone who is in the public spotlight to carry on with her work when clearly something's wrong, neurologically. For Rodgers to show that kindness to her, and that level of respect - well, that's a side of Rodgers I haven't seen much of until this season.

I have been critical of Rodgers's behaviors in the past - the eyerolls, the disgust with others - but I also believe people can and do change. Most people don't believe that, but I do. And I think we're seeing someone who appears to be more thoughtful, more reflective.

He's not like a (middle school) kid out there any more. He's like a grown up.

Kudos to him. If anyone can stay in the pampered "it's all about me" bubble, it's superstar athletes. And he appears to have decided not to do that.

run pMc
10-26-2021, 09:44 AM

Washington never punted in the game.

The QB slide was a questionable call but also a dumb play by the QB; Rodgers runs that all the way in. Even if Rodgers were to do that slide I wonder if the Ref would give him the Rodgers-rate and the TD.
The others were generally good defense (Stokes and Amos PBUs) or inept offense (bad throw on the Sully pick, who had good coverage; McLaurin letting a pass hit him in the facemask he shoulda caught, etc.)

It was an ugly game, not one to get a lot of warm and fuzzies from aside from a few individual performances and nobody getting hurt.

Also - shout out to Bojorquez for good punts, and the coverage wasn't terrible against a good returner (Carter) for once.

RashanGary
10-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Washington never punted in the game.

The QB slide was a questionable call but also a dumb play by the QB; Rodgers runs that all the way in. Even if Rodgers were to do that slide I wonder if the Ref would give him the Rodgers-rate and the TD.
The others were generally good defense (Stokes and Amos PBUs) or inept offense (bad throw on the Sully pick, who had good coverage; McLaurin letting a pass hit him in the facemask he shoulda caught, etc.)

It was an ugly game, not one to get a lot of warm and fuzzies from aside from a few individual performances and nobody getting hurt.

Also - shout out to Bojorquez for good punts, and the coverage wasn't terrible against a good returner (Carter) for once.

Good post. Realistically it’s not looking good if we want to win a title. We could get lucky health breaks the rest of the way and be in it. Or it could be another disappointing season.

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2021, 11:56 AM
RG bringing the optimism last year and bringing the pessism this year. Thing is: the Packers are better this year, if they get healthy. Why?

OC The loss of Linsley has hurt--although, when healthy, Myers has mitigated that loss. He has played really well.
OT Bakh--he hasn't played and he didn't play in last year's playoffs. If he's back to his best play by playoff time, we'll be better. Then, we can move Elgton back to LG and move Patrick or Runyan to RG.
WR Cobb is a solid addition.
RB I think Dillon (notwithstanding this last game) vs. Williams is mostly a wash.

The rest of the offense is basically the same.

OLB Gary's ascendance has mitigated the loss of Big Z. Mercilus has taken Gary's spot as the 3rd OLB. Preston Smith is in shape and playing better. Garvin is better. Perhaps, we get lucky and Big Z is back come playoff time.
ILB Campbell has been much better than anybody we've had for years.
CB Stokes is better than King. Sullivan has rebounded and played more like year 1 Sullivan than year 2 Sullivan. If we get Jaire back come playoff time, this group will be better than last year.

P Bojorquez is a stud.
Barry looks like a better DC than Pettine.

Fritz
10-26-2021, 12:05 PM
RG bringing the optimism last year and bringing the pessism this year. Thing is: the Packers are better this year, if they get healthy. Why?

OC The loss of Linsley has hurt--although, when healthy, Myers has mitigated that loss. He has played really well.
OT Bakh--he hasn't played and he didn't play in last year's playoffs. If he's back to his best play by playoff time, we'll be better. Then, we can move Elgton back to LG and move Patrick or Runyan to RG.
WR Cobb is a solid addition.
RB I think Dillon (notwithstanding this last game) vs. Williams is mostly a wash.

The rest of the offense is basically the same.

OLB Gary's ascendance has mitigated the loss of Big Z. Mercilus has taken Gary's spot as the 3rd OLB. Preston Smith is in shape and playing better. Garvin is better. Perhaps, we get lucky and Big Z is back come playoff time.
ILB Campbell has been much better than anybody we've had for years.
CB Stokes is better than King. Sullivan has rebounded and played more like year 1 Sullivan than year 2 Sullivan. If we get Jaire back come playoff time, this group will be better than last year.

P Bojorquez is a stud.
Barry looks like a better DC than Pettine.

Curious to know your reasons, Harv.