PDA

View Full Version : Adams to Reserve/Covid-19 List

Sparkey
10-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Davante Adams to most likely miss Thursday nights game.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2208846/amp

smuggler
10-25-2021, 03:27 PM
If Adams misses the game, it'll suck for us and we'll probably lose, but that's life.

If however the Pack followed the league's rules and still are out a good deal of players for Thursday due to Covid (remains to be seen), the league should heavily consider moving the game to Sunday.

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2021, 04:05 PM
it was the endzone flip against bears
the lord works in mysterious ways

Joemailman
10-25-2021, 04:11 PM
Packers are 6-0 last 2 seasons when Adams doesn't play. This "positive test" is an obvious ploy by the Packers to get the upper hand on the Cardinals in a key game.

George Cumby
10-25-2021, 04:12 PM
Davante Adams to most likely miss Thursday nights game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KUZro9rwVg

Joemailman
10-25-2021, 04:23 PM
If Adams misses the game, it'll suck for us and we'll probably lose, but that's life.

If however the Pack followed the league's rules and still are out a good deal of players for Thursday due to Covid (remains to be seen), the league should heavily consider moving the game to Sunday.

It would have to be a lot of players. This is why you have an extended practice squad.

Unless Goodell has Adams on his fantasy team.

Joemailman
10-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Games without Davante Adams:

10/06/19: Packers defeat Cowboys 34-24. Rodgers 22-34, 238. Aaron Jones 19 rushes for 107 yards and 4 TD's, 7 catches for 75 yards.

10/14/19: Packers defeat Detroit Lions 23-22. Rodgers 24-39, 283, 2 TD, Jamaal Williams 14 rushes for 104 yards, Allen Lazard 4 catches 65 yards, 1TD

10/20/19: Packers defeat Oakland Raiders 42-24. Rodgers 25-31, 429 5 TD's; MVS 2 catches, 133 yards, 1 TD, Jimmy Graham 4 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD

10/27/19: Packers defeat Kansas City Chiefs 31-24. Rodgers 23-33, 305, 3 TD's; Aaron Jones 67 yards rushing and 7 catches for 159 yards and 2 TD's.

9/27/20: Packers defeat New Orleans Saints 37-30. Rodgers 21-32, 283, 3 TD's; Allen Lazard 6 catches, 146 yards, 1 TD.

10/5/20: Packers defeat Atlanta Falcons 30-16. Rodgers 27-33, 327, 4 TD's; Jamaal Williams 8 catches 95 yards; Robert Tonyan 6 catches 98 yards 3 TD's.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2021, 05:25 PM
Dude has missed a lot of games in October.

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2021, 06:01 PM
Games without Davante Adams:

10/06/19: Packers defeat Cowboys 34-24. Rodgers 22-34, 238. Aaron Jones 19 rushes for 107 yards and 4 TD's, 7 catches for 75 yards.

10/14/19: Packers defeat Detroit Lions 23-22. Rodgers 24-39, 283, 2 TD, Jamaal Williams 14 rushes for 104 yards, Allen Lazard 4 catches 65 yards, 1TD

10/20/19: Packers defeat Oakland Raiders 42-24. Rodgers 25-31, 429 5 TD's; MVS 2 catches, 133 yards, 1 TD, Jimmy Graham 4 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD

10/27/19: Packers defeat Kansas City Chiefs 31-24. Rodgers 23-33, 305, 3 TD's; Aaron Jones 67 yards rushing and 7 catches for 159 yards and 2 TD's.

9/27/20: Packers defeat New Orleans Saints 37-30. Rodgers 21-32, 283, 3 TD's; Allen Lazard 6 catches, 146 yards, 1 TD.

10/5/20: Packers defeat Atlanta Falcons 30-16. Rodgers 27-33, 327, 4 TD's; Jamaal Williams 8 catches 95 yards; Robert Tonyan 6 catches 98 yards 3 TD's.

And what does that tell ya'all? Do I really need to say it?

Joemailman
10-25-2021, 06:08 PM

It says that when Rodgers doesn't have Adams he does a good job of spreading the ball around to his other weapons.

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2021, 06:24 PM
does because he can.

George Cumby
10-25-2021, 06:38 PM
does because he can.

Are you having a stroke? Because this makes no sense. I mean most of the drivel you post makes no sense. But this REALLY makes no sense.

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2021, 09:47 PM
He does because he can. If a dipshit like you needs more context, read Joe's post above.

smuggler
10-25-2021, 10:11 PM
So we should just lump everything on Rodgers' back. That should really help him win another Lombardi trophy for our team.

He's proven he can do it. Might still make sense to take some of the burden off one player.

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2021, 05:19 AM
How would you suggest we do that? We're already running a helluva lot more this season, but when the holes aren't there to run, it falls on Rodgers' back. And generally, that's plenty to win games against just about anybody.

Fritz
10-26-2021, 07:00 AM

If Adams misses the game, this would be a chance for the Lizard and ESB to step up - actually get some targets and see what they can do. I think ESB is in Rodgers's doghouse, so perhaps this will be ESB's last chance to change that perception.

If Rodgers doesn't throw to Cobb 20 times.

These things can sometimes help a team in that it forces Rodgers to throw it to other people - and if they come through, then maybe that'll help in a key game down the line when somebody with a really good plan and personnel actually slows down Adams.

run pMc
10-26-2021, 10:22 AM
In games where Adams has been out, they emphasized using the backs and TEs. I went thru those games in a previous thread -- Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams were getting something like 15 targets in the passing game and they were running the ball a lot too.
Rodgers will spread the ball around more with Adams out, but MLF is also going to adjust the scheme a little bit.

With Adams out it will be Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon carrying the load (20-25 carries, 10-12 targets), and Tonyan, Cobb and Lazard getting about 10-12 targets.

RashanGary
10-26-2021, 10:34 AM
In a lot of ways, the offense flows smoother without Adams. Rodgers gets off on those adjustment and chemistry wins. He chases it. When he doesn’t have that, he just throws to the open guy and makes good presnap decisions to look for the open guy right away. I wouldn’t doubt if we have our best offensive performance without Adams.

Vincenzo
10-26-2021, 11:35 AM
Yeah. Apparently hes fully vax so it would be a breakthrough infection. Theoretically he could test negative Tues and Wed and still play but it doesnt look good. Of all the weeks to have a Thursday game.

SudsMcBucky
10-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Can now add Lazard to the Covid list.

King Friday
10-26-2021, 03:14 PM
This week is turning into a slow motion car wreck.

CaptainKickass
10-26-2021, 03:29 PM
This week is turning into a slow motion car wreck.

This Per Packerswire:

down to Randall Cobb, Equanimeous St. Brown and Amari Rodgers as the only available receivers on the roster. Marquez Valdes-Scantling could come off injured reserve and play, and Juwann Winfree and Chris Blair are both available on the practice squad

NewsBruin
10-26-2021, 04:44 PM
Oy, that sucks, but it's better to know now. I hope all the other skill players have been asked if there's even the slightest chance of them showing up on the list.

Tonyan's also a good receiver. I could see the Packers loading up for run and trying a Brady-era Pats offense of twitchy-quick routes on Thursday.

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2021, 05:21 PM
Don't forget Malik Taylor. We'll be fine - assuming none of them breathed on Rodgers.

bobblehead
10-26-2021, 07:53 PM

It says Rodgers focuses too much on his buddy and should really be looking at other targets a lot more often and if he did we might have beaten TB and won an Owl.

bobblehead
10-26-2021, 07:57 PM
Maybe we should trade for Cole Beasly....

George Cumby
10-26-2021, 08:25 PM
It says Rodgers focuses too much on his buddy and should really be looking at other targets a lot more often and if he did we might have beaten TB and won an Owl.

What's wrong with you?

Rodgers does it all on his own.

You infidel.

Bretsky
10-26-2021, 11:50 PM
Every year I have felt AROD gets us to 9 wins. Having him as well as an outstanding coach on offense gives us a shot at this game.

With Devante out, with or without the other WR"s the key to this game was Matty devising an offense game plan with Aaron Jones at it's center. He absolutely excelled a couple games last year when Adams was out. I'm expect that to occur Thursday as well. I'm thinking his all purpose years will be north of 150 with a couple scores.

With that being said, I don't expect them to beat AZ; but I think it's going to be a really fun game to watch

Fritz
10-27-2021, 06:48 AM
Every year I have felt AROD gets us to 9 wins. Having him as well as an outstanding coach on offense gives us a shot at this game.

With Devante out, with or without the other WR"s the key to this game was Matty devising an offense game plan with Aaron Jones at it's center. He absolutely excelled a couple games last year when Adams was out. I'm expect that to occur Thursday as well. I'm thinking his all purpose years will be north of 150 with a couple scores.

With that being said, I don't expect them to beat AZ; but I think it's going to be a really fun game to watch

I think this is the logical expectation. As a twist, I'd like to see Green Bay trot out four wide receivers and Jones in the backfield on its first possession, just to throw AZ off. Throw the ball on first down, maybe a deep shot to ESB, run out of that formation on second down. Mess up AZ. Then you can go back to the idea you've forwarded there, which perhaps should include both Jones and Dillon on the field. I'd like to see how Dillon can block as a FB, too.

Bretsky, I like your attitude - it'll be a fun game to watch, no matter the outcome. With so many players out for GB, it seems to lessen the tension. Let's see a good show. Particularly if the defense can actually step up.

Fosco33
10-27-2021, 06:56 AM
So Lazard is in protocol bc he’s not vaxd and was around Adams (who is vaxd and had a breakthrough case).

Just let that sink in for a min.

call_me_ishmael
10-27-2021, 09:31 AM
So Lazard is in protocol bc he’s not vaxd and was around Adams (who is vaxd and had a breakthrough case).

Meh, the rules are the rules, they knew them and made their choices. I am sure fellow players at PO'd since they agreed to the rules.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-27-2021, 09:39 AM
I think this is the logical expectation. As a twist, I'd like to see Green Bay trot out four wide receivers and Jones in the backfield on its first possession, just to throw AZ off. Throw the ball on first down, maybe a deep shot to ESB, run out of that formation on second down. Mess up AZ. Then you can go back to the idea you've forwarded there, which perhaps should include both Jones and Dillon on the field. I'd like to see how Dillon can block as a FB, too.

Bretsky, I like your attitude - it'll be a fun game to watch, no matter the outcome. With so many players out for GB, it seems to lessen the tension. Let's see a good show. Particularly if the defense can actually step up.

We probably won’t see 4 WRs on the field at the same time while Matt “Frog” LaFleur is head honcho. For some uncool reason, the Frog refuses to run the Run N Shoot, which usually utilizes 4 WRs on any given play, much like the Walrus (Holmgren) used to refuse to run the shotgun with Favre.

The thing I liked most about McCarthy was, he was as open minded as his cousin, Jenny McCarthy, when it came down to the playbook. We saw the Fab 5 (5 wideouts), the ihop (3 WRs, 2 RBs), and even the wishbone.

Sparkey
10-27-2021, 09:42 AM

What is supposed to sink in ?

It's a league protocol and it seems to work as far as preventing large scale issues to any one team.

Fosco33
10-27-2021, 10:56 AM
Vax status should mean nothing. Maybe Lazard acquired covid the old fashioned way…

We’re pulling a player w/o symptoms or positive test w/ the initial assumption that the vaccine prevents covid or spreading Covid… when it obviously does not. The vaccine certainly prevents hospitalization and death.

If we want to actually stop the spread - we’d pull anyone in close contact w/ Adams regardless of vax status.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2021, 11:17 AM
the vaccine prevents covid or spreading Covid… when it obviously does not.

The counties across the country with the greatest covid spread (cases per capita) correlate perfectly with low vaccination rates. There is no serious argument; vaccination reduces covid spread.

The anti-vaxxers have focused on narrowly-focused studies that show that people with breakthrough infections shed virus at rates similar to that of the vaccinated. Virus accumulates in the nasal passages (or wherever spread is initiated) at almost the same level.
THIS IS ONLY ONE FACTOR IN SPREAD. Vaccinated people are less likely to become infected. They are infectious for a shorter period.

The proof in the pudding is what is happening clinically in the real world. The virus spreads where vaccination is weak. You will NEVER hear an actual virologist or epidemiologist say that vaccination doesn't help spread. You have self-proclaimed experts "doing their own research" spreading harmful misinterpretations of cherry-picked science. Anti-vaxxers on the internet re-enforce each other and become more certain in their version of "science."

Bretsky
10-27-2021, 11:29 AM

i'm not a buyer into the analysis that can be twisted inn so many ways. The players know the rules. Each team would like their multi million dollar players to be vaccinated, and if they aren't there are the repercussions. In realty a vaccinated player has more value than a non vaccinated player if talent is similar

Fosco33
10-27-2021, 11:38 AM
I’m not debating vaccines or covid or anything non fb - we can take that to other threads. I had covid and got the vax as did everyone I know.

My point is we’re holding a player out who isn’t vaccinated or positive because he was around a vaccinated player who got covid to prevent spread to other vaccinated players?? It’s just ironic and counter intuitive. You’d think Lazard would’ve gotten the Vid and Adams wouldn’t…

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2021, 11:50 AM
OK, I agree with your post.
I have a hair trigger on this issue, seen too much twitter.

CaptainKickass
10-27-2021, 12:17 PM
OK, I agree with your post.
I have a hair trigger on this issue, seen too much twitter.

Would you maybe consider deleting your previous non-football, admittedly triggered outburst post though? Don't want to see anyone on the receiving end of the ban hammer.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2021, 12:45 PM
Would you maybe consider deleting your previous non-football, admittedly triggered outburst post though? Don't want to see anyone on the receiving end of the ban hammer.

Fosco stated "We’re pulling a player w/o symptoms or positive test w/ the initial assumption that the vaccine prevents covid or spreading Covid… when it obviously does not."

That is not a football statement. It is a statement of politics and medical controversy that is roiling the country. I am going to respond to such upsetting claims even if jailed. My heroes Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Steve Bannon have all done time for their views.

I will be happy to watch Thursday night's game at Fosco's house if we are sent to posting jailing. Well, perhaps on zoom depending on status.

texaspackerbacker
10-27-2021, 01:03 PM
Now now, boys, don't get yourselves suspended for the evil p word hahahaha.

Fritz
10-27-2021, 01:53 PM
Fosco stated "We’re pulling a player w/o symptoms or positive test w/ the initial assumption that the vaccine prevents covid or spreading Covid… when it obviously does not."

That is not a football statement. It is a statement of politics and medical controversy that is roiling the country. I am going to respond to such upsetting claims even if jailed. My heroes Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Steve Bannon have all done time for their views.

I will be happy to watch Thursday night's game at Fosco's house if we are sent to posting jailing. Well, perhaps on zoom depending on status.

What? There's a football-watching party at Fosco's house on Thursday?

Thanks, Fosco! Should I bring my own beer, then?

Fosco33
10-27-2021, 07:46 PM
What? There's a football-watching party at Fosco's house on Thursday?

Thanks, Fosco! Should I bring my own beer, then?

That’d be pretty fun! I missed the only meet up as I was in Cali for the last one.

I’d even fly MTP in w/ some airline miles.

call_me_ishmael
10-27-2021, 08:04 PM
That’d be pretty fun! I missed the only meet up as I was in Cali for the last one.

I’d even fly MTP in w/ some airline miles.

I’d be game.

smuggler
10-27-2021, 09:47 PM
If we're doing a meetup, I vote at the end of November or even into December. I'm hung up at work in the short term and my kid can't miss a trip to Lambeau haha

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2021, 12:04 AM
I’m in if Harlan’s in. Alas, Harlan ain’t ever in. Ole Madtown once offered Harlan free room, board and ticket just to show up. Yet, the dude turned down the offer.

It’s clear as day Harlan don’t want us to know that he’s Turkish and that his ancestors were Ottoman Turks.

Fosco33
10-28-2021, 09:08 AM
All you darn degens - I’d have to hide all the cash and jewels. Lol

Not sure why we wouldn’t do something at one of the stadium bars and tickets for those able

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 10:03 AM
I’m in if Harlan’s in. Alas, Harlan ain’t ever in. Ole Madtown once offered Harlan free room, board and ticket just to show up. Yet, the dude turned down the offer.

It’s clear as day Harlan don’t want us to know that he’s Turkish and that his ancestors were Ottoman Turks.

The reason I didn't go to that game is due to an incident in August 1975 involving one of these godforsaken devices.

https://i.imgur.com/tRukVW8.jpg

bobblehead
10-28-2021, 10:04 AM
The counties across the country with the greatest covid spread (cases per capita) correlate perfectly with low vaccination rates. There is no serious argument; vaccination reduces covid spread.

The anti-vaxxers have focused on narrowly-focused studies that show that people with breakthrough infections shed virus at rates similar to that of the vaccinated. Virus accumulates in the nasal passages (or wherever spread is initiated) at almost the same level.
THIS IS ONLY ONE FACTOR IN SPREAD. Vaccinated people are less likely to become infected. They are infectious for a shorter period.

The proof in the pudding is what is happening clinically in the real world. The virus spreads where vaccination is weak. You will NEVER hear an actual virologist or epidemiologist say that vaccination doesn't help spread. You have self-proclaimed experts "doing their own research" spreading harmful misinterpretations of cherry-picked science. Anti-vaxxers on the internet re-enforce each other and become more certain in their version of "science."

Since you brought this up I guess its fair game. Rachel Walensky herself has said that the vaccine does not inhibit spread. The CDC early on for some unknown reason decided NOT to track breakthrough cases so your assertion means basically nothing without data. England however tracks everything VERY closely and accurately and releases the data every week. A recent report shows the following:

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6I mh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNzY1MDQzNC9vcmlnaW4 ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY3Njg4MjQ0Nn0.Sv4R_gI4k Zq-8Mf-5zbNfVRC4PMqJkn9DLvuxOYZ7G0/img.png?width=590&quality=80

The chart is from this report:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1023849/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_40.pdf

Go ahead. Read the data starting on page 13. People over the age of 29 are infected at an increasingly HIGHER rate if they are vaccinated (on a per 100k basis).

I am not trying to make this political at all, just correcting the record. Now I agree with you that the proof is in the pudding. The real world data, where it is kept is undeniable and Israel shows the same thing. Vaccinated people are being infected at a higher rate...as much as 2 to 1 in select age groups. They are also doing better...much better when considering the number infected, at avoiding hospitalization and/or death. Those are the facts and they are undeniable.

bobblehead
10-28-2021, 10:08 AM
i'm not a buyer into the analysis that can be twisted inn so many ways. The players know the rules. Each team would like their multi million dollar players to be vaccinated, and if they aren't there are the repercussions. In realty a vaccinated player has more value than a non vaccinated player if talent is similar

This is very true based on the policies the NFL has set forth. Each player has to make decisions based on their own circumstances. Lazard knew the rules. It doesn't matter if we think they are absurd or not. He made his decision and I have no problem with it. I have always believed people should have the freedom to make choices and suffer the consequences (good and bad) based on them. Now if we want to discuss wether the rules make sense or not I guess we have to move it to FYI.

Bretsky
10-28-2021, 10:15 AM
Life is about choices; Lazar chose how to make his bed, and now he can sit at home in it tonight while his teammates compete.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 10:18 AM
I was a good athlete in high school - not a shutdown corner recruited by Barry Alvarez - but decent. Problem was I had what you might call a "bad body." So going into my senior year I was going to train hard a be a stud. I lifted weights like a mother fucker, went on daily 10 mile runs, ate strict diet. I must say I cast quite a imposing figure walking onto the field that first day of football practice.

In the first drill, going through agility ropes I blew my knee out. I had a one minute season. As the assistant coach drove me to hospital I was balling my eyes out. It wasn't the pain, I couldn't believe all my work was for naught. The coach was a huge asshole and was clearly ashamed of my unmanly behavior.

Enter Dr. James McCain, orthopedic surgeon. I later learned (no kidding) his nickname was Dr. Pain McCain. He butchered my knee,
an infection lead to 2 month hospital stay. I wrestled in college with one good leg and one stiff leg. Late in life more orthopedic mishaps and 2 bad knees.

I was on crutches and frequent pain during that era. I told Mad I needed two seats to be comfortable. Don't remember what happened but it was too much trouble just to get a blow job from a mexican and meet some of his white boy gang. Shit, from 2010-2015 I was even more fucked up. Now I am feeling no pain to complain about, but still not super mobile.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 10:38 AM
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/
This article explains why contrarian claims are flawed.

It is not useful for an armchair scientist to look at specific studies and draw broad conclusions.

"Trust the science" means to trust the analysis/synthesis by scientists *in specific field* weighing all studies.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2021, 11:41 AM
The reason I didn't go to that game is due to an incident in August 1975 involving one of these godforsaken devices.

https://i.imgur.com/tRukVW8.jpg

Ah, now I understand why in my shutdown corner days, those yellow squared ropes were laid flat on the ground without the metal bed support depicted in the pic.

Sorry you had to go through that shit.

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 03:12 PM
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

It is not useful for an armchair scientist to look at specific studies and draw broad conclusions.

"Trust the science" means to trust the analysis/synthesis by scientists *in specific field* weighing all studies.

You know it all. You should make a website where you settle the science for everyone who’s digging in the data.

Fritz
10-28-2021, 04:12 PM
And no MVS for tonight's game against AZ.

So conceivably there could be situations in which the Packers trot out Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers, Encyclopedia (St.) Brown, and Malik Taylor.

Hope Rodgers is practicing his eye-rolls in the hotel mirror before they leave for the stadium.

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 04:16 PM
Hope Rodgers is practicing his eye-rolls in the hotel mirror before they leave for the stadium.

:lol:

QBME
10-28-2021, 04:47 PM
nm

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 05:34 PM
You know it all. You should make a website where you settle the science for everyone who’s digging in the data.

The people "digging in the data" are cherry-picking results that validate their feelings. I am the opposite of a know-it-all: I acknowledge the judgement of experts who understand the range of studies in their field. That's called believing in science.

smuggler
10-28-2021, 05:51 PM
Actually you're believing in scientists, who are flawed people with veiled motivations and science itself does not have a rigid position in the matter. It is not a conclusion at all but a process from which people form conclusions.

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Actually you're believing in scientists, who are flawed people with veiled motivations and science itself does not have a rigid position in the matter. It is not a conclusion at all but a process from which people form conclusions.

Exactly. The data is constantly changing. The vaccines were said to be 99% effective and as time has gone on, it’s waned. Science is constantly finding new information and the conclusions are constantly changing.

Cherry picking one study and writing a matter of fact article claiming the science is settled doesn’t match up with science at all.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 06:13 PM

There's some truth in what you say. Science has internal debates. I'm not going to pretend to be a qualified debater myself, beyond trying to weigh competing scientific judgement where it is truly divoided.

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2021, 06:16 PM
gonna be a party in jail tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0Rz-uP4Mk

smuggler
10-28-2021, 09:27 PM
We're both in the same position, Harlan. Trying to make the best in an ocean of insight, ignorance, information, and misinformation in varying concentrations.

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 10:07 AM
There's some truth in what you say. Science has internal debates. I'm not going to pretend to be a qualified debater myself, beyond trying to weigh competing scientific judgement where it is truly divoided.

Data does not lie. If presented in its entirety its the most honest thing there is. I have made my entire fortune analyzing data. Its when you read an "expert" "analyzing" what the data says and you can pick apart his bias that I have a problem. Public Health England puts the data out there. Numbers are numbers and they don't lie. Same with Israel. I didn't try and parse any data, I simply told you what it reads. Facts are not deniable and those that try to twist them to deny what they're lying eyes are telling them are to be looke on with our own wary eyes. I appreciate that you don't believe what the data clearly says. That is your god given right. You can carry on however you choose and its bothers me not at all.

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 10:09 AM

Harlan, go over to the covid thread in FYI and I'll carry on this discussion if you wish.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2021, 11:06 AM
sorry bobble, I've blown my covid load. I get upset by this topic and want to move along. i follow several ppl who share your point of view on twitter, John Ziegler being the king of climate change debunking and covid dehoaxing. He constantly posts studies that I put in context. He's an intelligent, good guy but shares your neurological disfunction. I get angry, can't keep it up.

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 11:17 AM
sorry bobble, I've blown my covid load. I get upset by this topic and want to move along. i follow several ppl who share your point of view on twitter, John Ziegler being the king of climate change debunking and covid dehoaxing. He constantly posts studies that I put in context. He's an intelligent, good guy but shares your neurological disfunction. I get angry, can't keep it up.

Thats cool. We both probably get a timeout when mad sees the thread. I no longer get angry. We suffer the chinese curse: May you live in interesting times. Anyway, FYI is there if you want it. Most of us try to keep level headed now days with the only occassional calling each other assholes.

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 08:36 AM
Was Tae really vaccinated?

He was out on mon 10/25 and back 10 days later on Thur 11/4…

10 days is amount of time a player must be out if unvax otherwise 2 beg tests 24 hours apart.

��

Joemailman
11-05-2021, 08:46 AM

10 days is amount of time a player must be out if unvax otherwise 2 beg tests 24 hours apart.

��

I think it probably means he had symptoms. I believe you need 2 negative tests once you are asymptomatic.

Guiness
11-05-2021, 08:49 AM

��

Is he off the Covid reserve list? I haven't seen anything

Guiness
11-05-2021, 08:53 AM
My heroes Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Steve Bannon have all done time for their views.

lol, what? He is...not someone I'd expect the a sentence with the other two!

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 09:16 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32552490/green-bay-packers-get-top-wr-davante-adams-back-reserve-covid-19-list

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:24 AM

In MLKs day and Nelsons time there were folks just like you that viewed them exactly like you seem to view Bannon. Steve is a lightning rod. Not my favorite bombastic figure but I like his style.

Joemailman
11-05-2021, 09:31 AM

Packers still have him listed on the Covid list on heir roster. Yesterday MLF said there's a protocol he has to work through. Hopefully he practices today.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 09:42 AM

I was trolling

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:50 AM
I was trolling

Because you can't control yourself. I don't recall if you were as adamant as Red about booting all political speak to FYI, but you just can't help it. Go to FYI and have an actual debate instead of taking pot shots.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Go fuck yourself. It was a joke, and those who saw the irony were not likely to take offense.

What a cheap shot.

Guiness
11-05-2021, 10:15 AM
I was trolling

I suspected - hence the lol. If you were so inclined you could've put Bernie Sanders in that list to make it equal opportunity.

smh @ 'folks just like me' though from someone who knows near nothing about me.

Guiness
11-05-2021, 10:17 AM
Packers still have him listed on the Covid list on heir roster. Yesterday MLF said there's a protocol he has to work through. Hopefully he practices today.

So ESPN says they have him back, Packers have him on their Covid list, possibly due to paperwork. This is harder to figure out than salary cap shenanigans!

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 10:46 AM
I suspected - hence the lol. If you were so inclined you could've put Bernie Sanders in that list to make it equal opportunity.
Not so easy. The joke requires a well known, buffoonish character who did some jail time related to politics. Bernie is goofy enough but his only arrest was in 1963 in a civil rights protest. Anthony Weiner might work.

Guiness
11-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Not so easy. The joke requires a well known, buffoonish character who did some jail time related to politics. Bernie is goofy enough but his only arrest was in 1963 in a civil rights protest. Anthony Weiner might work.

Well you didn't lay out the parameters. Jane Fonda maybe? But then you don't get to say wiener.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Did I miss something? Is politics allowed in here now?