PDA

View Full Version : After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of WFT @ GB week 7

CaptainKickass
10-27-2021, 09:10 AM
- Whitney Winfrey (Pam Oliver): "...in his peckers debut".

- Greg Olsen: "It's tough dooty coming in here and playing this Packers offense".

- THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!!

- Billy Turnstile makes another cameo.

- Joe Davis: "Some rules don't apply to Aaron Rodgers".

- Jaylon Smith should've killed the QB & Stokes should've had a pass defensed, but it's a TD.

- TJ Slaton with a special teams blocked field goal? The kicker Blewitt!

- Man, I really dunno what's up with kicking but at least it's affecting the opponents too.

- ESB made a play? Drink!

- Savage continues to live up to his actual name.

- In his 4th year, we are watching Allen "The Lounge Lazard" become a full grown man.

- What's with the new L hand signal/celebration thing the Packers are doing where two players touch thumbs & index fingers making a diamond or a square? It's also shown as one player holding up the "L" like the old school "Loser" hand gesture.

- That Gary/Lowry inter-fumble-ception after the half was football in it's purest form & really sums up the endless possibilities within the game.

- Beer and Mufflers. Heineken + Meineke = Heinicke. Taylor that is. Swimming pools, movie stars.

Greg Olsen did a far superior job of explaining the 4th down goal line stand sequence and the surrounding rules in consideration than Bleen Dan Bleeno.

- Fuck Covid, Rodgers almost came down with a real bad case of Ioannidis! What's the protocol for that?

- There's two kinds of trick/gadget plays. One is a well timed back breaker and the other one is out of an act of desperation. Washington had back to back trick/gadget plays and they sure felt like desperation moves to me.

- The DA continues to present evidence. I believe he moved into the second position for Packers receptions trailing only Driver.

- You can take a timeout before a post-score kickoff? Don't know if I've ever seen that before. I guess that's technically during the game. Can a team take a timeout before the initial kickoff or at the second half kickoff?

- Ming the Mercilus with a nice QB pressure!

- Famous Amos brings the pain!

- AJ's nickname goes from legendary musician "Bob" to lame ass film guy "Matt Dillon" this week. At least until he no longer tests positive for the ol' fumble-itis.

- Dean "Season Salt" Lowry enhanced the game's flavor & had a hell of a day (for him).

- The W

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/Lawry%27s_Seasoned_Salt.jpg/170px-Lawry%27s_Seasoned_Salt.jpg

George Cumby
10-27-2021, 11:02 AM
Obligatory AFR post.

smuggler
10-27-2021, 11:52 AM
The hit that 26 laid on the Washington receiver was both clean as summer linen and as violent as the hurricane breeze that rips it from the clothesline. That and the Lowryception were the prettiest defensive plays.

I don't think he'll ever be a great QB, but it's hard not to appreciate Heineke for his hustle on the fumble recovery that Douglas forced on Carter.

Speaking of hustle, if you pay attention to the Rock Report, you'll see just how far Douglas had to roam to make that play. Great football, if a bummer of an outcome for the Packerinos.

Upnorth
10-27-2021, 02:59 PM
Anyone else notice that Lewis is now the best recieving te we have? I'm used to our pass catchers developing over time but he has gotta be an extreme example right??

Bretsky
10-27-2021, 04:04 PM
Anyone else notice that Lewis is now the best recieving te we have? I'm used to our pass catchers developing over time but he has gotta be an extreme example right??

Lewis is on of the most popular players on the team and is one of the better blocking TE's in the NFL still. Most teams don't carry that guy on the roster. We do.

But yes, he's an extreme example

George Cumby
10-27-2021, 04:10 PM
I love how the team just comes alive every time he makes a play.

Definitely a tone setter for the team.

smuggler
10-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Marcedes this season reminds me a little of the old Giants TE Jake Ballard. He racked up like 600 yards receiving one season, simply because he was so slow and lumbering that teams didn't bother covering him when he snuck out for a pass. Only worked one season, though.

CaptainKickass
10-28-2021, 08:28 AM
Anyone else notice that Lewis is now the best recieving te we have?

I would hope that everyone noticed that yes, indeed, I have noticed :-)

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Marcedes this season reminds me a little of the old Giants TE Jake Ballard. He racked up like 600 yards receiving one season, simply because he was so slow and lumbering that teams didn't bother covering him when he snuck out for a pass. Only worked one season, though.

Dick Rod once had 510 yards in a season for the same reason.

Fritz
10-28-2021, 04:07 PM
It works as long as you only throw it to him a couple times a game. He does get wide open, doesn't he?

I am hoping Tonyan will get more throws from Rodgers tonight. He just opens up so much for that team.

KYPack
10-28-2021, 05:29 PM
a little pre game post that is also a little tardy.

I attended Sunday's game and had the best seats I've ever had for a Packer game. 2nd row seats 1-3 next to the Packers tunnel. They were fantastic and saw a few things that might be of interest to my Rat pals.

Pre game Bakhtiari walked out of the tunnel with no notice of a limp. After a bit he returned to the locker room and ran in a brisk trot. It looks like he will see action vs the Chiefs after our mini-bye.

The Packer defense has no lack of leadership. D Campbell is the man. He is all business and an organized force on the field and the sideline. Adrian Amos fills a similar role for the secondary and occasionally huddles with DeVondre to make sure things are in synch. The third leader is Kenny Clark who fills the John Wayne all round badass role.

Another leader and general stud is, of course Marcedes Lewis. Before he ran out, there was a buzz as he entered the tunnel. he ran out to the field and ran to the end line by the South End fans in the SEZ. (Hallowed ground for any Packer fan) People were screaming. He raised both hands and exhorted the crowd. It was absolutely electric atmosphere. This guy has a wing span that would allow him to take off from an aircraft carrier. I'm glad he's on our side.

There is competition on the defensive side. Krys Barnes got 17 reps at ILB. In the 3rd quarter, Barnes was taken out in the first play of a series. Jaylon Smith ran by him like a shot. He got 10 snaps. There is competition at that spot. Barnes is a good hustling kid, but Smith is built like a Greek God. Competition like that is good for any defensive team.

At half time Bart Starr's widow Cherry Starr addressed the crowd. They named a bridge in GB for Bart and Cherry was in town for the ceremony. She thanked the city for dedicating the bridge. She then said that she and Bart loved the city of Green Bay. She added, "and of course we both love all you Packer Fans" MAN There were people openly crying all over the place. She's the sweet Packer Angel & Queen of the team all rolled into one person.

Hey Cap, we all dig these "further review" threads ya post.

Keep 'em coming Bro!

smuggler
10-28-2021, 05:43 PM
I'm glad we won for Bart and Cherry. I think we lost Bart's final appearance at Lambeau, unfortunately.

CaptainKickass
10-28-2021, 06:20 PM

I attended Sunday's game and had the best seats I've ever had for a Packer game. 2nd row seats 1-3 next to the Packers tunnel. They were fantastic and saw a few things that might be of interest to my Rat pals.

Pre game Bakhtiari walked out of the tunnel with no notice of a limp. After a bit he returned to the locker room and ran in a brisk trot. It looks like he will see action vs the Chiefs after our mini-bye.

The Packer defense has no lack of leadership. D Campbell is the man. He is all business and an organized force on the field and the sideline. Adrian Amos fills a similar role for the secondary and occasionally huddles with DeVondre to make sure things are in synch. The third leader is Kenny Clark who fills the John Wayne all round badass role.

Another leader and general stud is, of course Mercedes Lewis. Before he ran out, there was a buzz as he entered the tunnel. he ran out to the field and ran to the end line by the South End fans in the SEZ. (Hallowed ground for any Packer fan) People were screaming. He raised both hands and exhorted the crowd. It was absolutely electric atmosphere. This guy has a wing span that would allow him to take off from an aircraft carrier. I'm glad he's on our side.

There is competition on the defensive side. Krys Barnes got 17 reps at ILB. In the 3rd quarter, Barnes was taken out in the first play of a series. Jaylon Smith ran by him like a shot. He got 10 snaps. There is competition at that spot. Barnes is a good hustling kid, but Smith is built like a Greek God. Competition like that is good for any defensive team.

At half time Bart Starr's widow Cherry Starr addressed the crowd. They named a bridge in GB for Bart and Cherry was in town for the ceremony. She thanked the city for dedicating the bridge. She then said that she and Bart loved the city of Green Bay. She added, "and of course we both love all you Packer Fans" MAN There were people openly crying all over the place. She's the sweet Packer Angel & Queen of the team all rolled into one person.

Keep 'em coming Bro!

Thank you for the inside reconnaissance-intelligence!

George Cumby
10-28-2021, 10:54 PM

Another leader and general stud is, of course Marcedes Lewis. Before he ran out, there was a buzz as he entered the tunnel. he ran out to the field and ran to the end line by the South End fans in the SEZ. (Hallowed ground for any Packer fan) People were screaming. He raised both hands and exhorted the crowd. It was absolutely electric atmosphere. This guy has a wing span that would allow him to take off from an aircraft carrier. I'm glad he's on our side.

Keep 'em coming Bro!

Great stuff, Big Dog.