PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Cardinals

Joemailman
10-28-2021, 10:44 PM
Packers 184 yards passing, 151 yards rushing.

Dillon 78 yards rushing.

Jones 110 yards total offense.

Cobb 2 TD's.

Rasul! 9 tackles, 2 PD, oh...and an INT.

smuggler
10-28-2021, 10:44 PM
Tonyan probably lost for the season. Hoping it's not so, but expecting that to be the case.

George Cumby
10-28-2021, 10:50 PM
The goal line play calling was infuckingexplicable.

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 10:52 PM
Now we gotta get healthy. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Bakhtiari

Joemailman
10-28-2021, 10:54 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/packers/oomd464uinfvvsgsj8gt.jpg

George Cumby
10-28-2021, 10:56 PM
On the replay his eyes were as big as dinner plates, lol.

He was so stoked.

KYPack
10-28-2021, 11:09 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/packers/oomd464uinfvvsgsj8gt.jpg

That's called getting that big eye for the ball.

Joemailman
10-28-2021, 11:13 PM
First time Packers have won 7 in a row in regular season under LaFleur. Won 7 in a row last 2 seasons including playoff game.

Bretsky
10-28-2021, 11:17 PM
Everybody knows I bag on our WR's for their lack of ability and upside beyond the Fresno Freak.

I really liked Winfree; he looks like a guy with more upside than several guys ahead of him on our roster

RashanGary
10-28-2021, 11:32 PM
With Bakhtiari back and eventually Meyers back, the OL is about to look a lot better. And then Adams, Lazard and MVS. The offense is about to take off.

call_me_ishmael
10-28-2021, 11:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/l4k3Bqu.mp4

smuggler
10-29-2021, 12:03 AM
Keke concussed again... not looking good for this man.

Joemailman
10-29-2021, 12:07 AM
LaFleur sounded emotional and tired in his PC. Good thing this team has some time off. I think everyone's a bit drained right now, especially after seeing more players go down.

Joemailman
10-29-2021, 05:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FC2ClFqVgAIwuUj?format=jpg&name=small

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2021, 05:29 AM
I said the Cardinals were ready for a fall in this game - good, but not 7-0 good. Before the season, it seemed like K.C. would be the big game, and Arizona wouldn't be too tough. I'm a little worried that maybe now the Packers are the team that is due for a letdown. I also said we had already beaten several better Ds than theirs, and we should be able to run on them. I was wrong that they would load up to stop the run, and then we could pass on them. I also said Murray was faster than Heinicke but not as hard to bring down. In this game at least, he also did not throw as good as Heinicke. Either our run D has gotten better or else Arizona's RBs just weren't very good' I think some of both.

I have more respect now for Joe Barry after a game without him. Clearly he was in on the planning, and our D did good early and learned from the Fields and Heinicke games in terms of containing Murray. However, when Arizona countered, the Packers didn't have much of an answer late in the game. Also, the substitutions and rotations weren't what they should have been. Taking Kenny Clark out of the middle just before that last TD run, for example was a bad move. I wonder how much not having Barry had to do with seeing less of J. Smith inactive and Mercilus and Garvin rotating in less. I never thought I'd say, why didn't Lowery play more? But why wasn't he in there more late in the game? Hurt or what? And Keke got a concussion? I didn't notice that in the game. He was good early, and damn Lancaster was his usual bad late in the game. Why was the middle so wide open for passes late when we seemingly had it covered early in the game? Campbell played his ass off early, but he or somebody was negligent on pass plays late and also in stopping the planned Murray runs late in the game.

I suppose the mess ups in lining up is a little bit understandable with the short week and absences, but it shouldn't have been that bad. And Rodgers maybe should have run the play a couple of times with people out of position instead of being such a perfectionist and using up time outs - or was that on LaFleur? And the shitty clock management - at times LaFleur reminded me too much of McCarthy that way as well as seemingly "playing not to lose". Of course, we didn't lose, so I guess you could say that worked. And it seemed - again - like Crosby was struggling, just barely getting the ball through the uprights and possibly not enough confidence in him at times.

Our O Line, which I seldom have much good to say about - actually gave Rodgers a few (very few) clean pockets - the 32 yard Tonyan pass for one. They were pretty inconsistent, though. Still a LOT of pressure allowed on pass plays and poor blocking more often than not on running plays. Dillon impressed me more in this game than in the past with ability to get yardage when the blocking wasn't there.

On the Douglas pick at the end, my theory about A.J. Green not looking for the pass was that maybe it was an RPO - Murray deciding to pass and Green not catching on.

Fritz
10-29-2021, 08:20 AM
I said the Cardinals were ready for a fall in this game - good, but not 7-0 good. Before the season, it seemed like K.C. would be the big game, and Arizona wouldn't be too tough. I'm a little worried that maybe now the Packers are the team that is due for a letdown. I also said we had already beaten several better Ds than theirs, and we should be able to run on them. I was wrong that they would load up to stop the run, and then we could pass on them. I also said Murray was faster than Heinicke but not as hard to bring down. In this game at least, he also did not throw as good as Heinicke. Either our run D has gotten better or else Arizona's RBs just weren't very good' I think some of both.

I have more respect now for Joe Barry after a game without him. Clearly he was in on the planning, and our D did good early and learned from the Fields and Heinicke games in terms of containing Murray. However, when Arizona countered, the Packers didn't have much of an answer late in the game. Also, the substitutions and rotations weren't what they should have been. Taking Kenny Clark out of the middle just before that last TD run, for example was a bad move. I wonder how much not having Barry had to do with seeing less of J. Smith inactive and Mercilus and Garvin rotating in less. I never thought I'd say, why didn't Lowery play more? But why wasn't he in there more late in the game? Hurt or what? And Keke got a concussion? I didn't notice that in the game. He was good early, and damn Lancaster was his usual bad late in the game. Why was the middle so wide open for passes late when we seemingly had it covered early in the game? Campbell played his ass off early, but he or somebody was negligent on pass plays late and also in stopping the planned Murray runs late in the game.

I suppose the mess ups in lining up is a little bit understandable with the short week and absences, but it shouldn't have been that bad. And Rodgers maybe should have run the play a couple of times with people out of position instead of being such a perfectionist and using up time outs - or was that on LaFleur? And the shitty clock management - at times LaFleur reminded me too much of McCarthy that way as well as seemingly "playing not to lose". Of course, we didn't lose, so I guess you could say that worked. And it seemed - again - like Crosby was struggling, just barely getting the ball through the uprights and possibly not enough confidence in him at times.

Our O Line, which I seldom have much good to say about - actually gave Rodgers a few (very few) clean pockets - the 32 yard Tonyan pass for one. They were pretty inconsistent, though. Still a LOT of pressure allowed on pass plays and poor blocking more often than not on running plays. Dillon impressed me more in this game than in the past with ability to get yardage when the blocking wasn't there.

On the Douglas pick at the end, my theory about A.J. Green not looking for the pass was that maybe it was an RPO - Murray deciding to pass and Green not catching on.

It turns out that the pass was designed to go to the left with the trips, but Murray saw something he liked - probably the one-on-one matchup with Douglas for Green amd Murray tried to communicate that to Green, but Green did not pick up on it and so was absolutely not thinking the ball was coming to his side, at least not as the first look.

Looking at that reply, Murray would've had a better shot with the player coming out of trips who went over the middle.

Fosco33
10-29-2021, 08:41 AM
Watched slowmo of Tonyans injury. Looks really bad. He’s on his belly and his left leg is pointed to the camera after flopping like a fish. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t season ending.

Joemailman
10-29-2021, 09:17 AM
Watched slowmo of Tonyans injury. Looks really bad. He’s on his belly and his left leg is pointed to the camera after flopping like a fish. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t season ending.

Yes, that looked like ACL before the play was over. Frankly hope it's just ACL and not an Al Harris-type injury. I did see him limping into the tunnel and not carted, so there might be a decent chance it's not a catastrophic injury.

Joemailman
10-29-2021, 09:28 AM
Tom Pelissero

#Packers rookie RB Kylin Hill suffered a season-ending knee injury last night, per source. Product of a violent collision on a kick return that also left #Cardinals RB Jonathan Ward with a concussion.

Patrick Taylor on PS will likely be next man up.

Man, that collision is everything the NFL doesn't want to see on kickoff returns. A guy slamming head first into somebody's knee. One guy with a concussion, the other with a season-ending knee injury.

RashanGary
10-29-2021, 10:15 AM
LaFleur sounded emotional and tired in his PC. Good thing this team has some time off. I think everyone's a bit drained right now, especially after seeing more players go down.

His voice was cracking cuz he lost it celebrating

Upnorth
10-29-2021, 10:24 AM

Man, that collision is everything the NFL doesn't want to see on kickoff returns. A guy slamming head first into somebody's knee. One guy with a concussion, the other with a season-ending knee injury.

I hope itvis only season ending. Hill looked like the real deal. That hit was bad.

George Cumby
10-29-2021, 10:28 AM
His voice was cracking cuz he lost it celebrating

Oh. I thought it was because he just hit puberty.

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 10:57 AM

Agree. Dillon been truckin the Cards D all game long and you got first and goal on the half yard line and you have jones in the game. Hey, I love Jones and like to reward guys, but that ain't the time. Put in the Mack truck and run it in. Game over.

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 10:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/l4k3Bqu.mp4

Assuming that was the roughing after the TD...what a dirty cheap hit. Guy should have been ejected.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Tonyan probably lost for the season. Hoping it's not so, but expecting that to be the case.

That's why they traded for Jimmy Graham today. It happened. Harlan said so.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 11:33 AM

I was concerned it was more than a concussion. On that backboard with neck stabilized giving the thumbs up is a scary sight, flashbacks to Nick Collins. They said movement in extremities this morning, so that's good news.

run pMc
10-29-2021, 11:59 AM
Kylin Hill looks like he got the Willis McGahee knee injury. Too bad - I really like his potential. Probably won't see him until very late next season at the earliest if we're lucky.

Sounds like Tonyan is done for the year too...in a contract year as well. Will be interesting to see what Gute and MLF do to adjust.

Fritz
10-29-2021, 12:12 PM

On the flip side, I loved Jerry Gray's full-on blitz call when Murray threw the interception. He knew he had no time and so he just threw it. And you can't give him - or any decent NFL AB - time to scan.

Gutsy call near the goal line, and I hope Joe Berry would've done the same thing.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 12:14 PM
What was with the WR undershirts? I saw both Winfree and Cobb get dragged down by a guy holding onto them!

Sparkey
10-29-2021, 12:44 PM
On the flip side, I loved Jerry Gray's full-on blitz call when Murray threw the interception. He knew he had no time and so he just threw it. And you can't give him - or any decent NFL AB - time to scan.

Gutsy call near the goal line, and I hope Joe Berry would've done the same thing.

It helped that Murray was limping and not able to scramble. But, yes, a great call.

Sparkey
10-29-2021, 01:07 PM
Tonyan with torn ACL in left knee.

smuggler
10-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Sad that his Packers tenure might end that way.

Guiness
10-29-2021, 01:55 PM
Tonyan with torn ACL in left knee.

aw shit

RashanGary
10-29-2021, 02:48 PM
Agree. Dillon been truckin the Cards D all game long and you got first and goal on the half yard line and you have jones in the game. Hey, I love Jones and like to reward guys, but that ain't the time. Put in the Mack truck and run it in. Game over.

MiLF said that the defense went jumbo and dared them to pass it. It was six big guys plus linebackers. Being short on passing weapons killed us there

King Friday
10-29-2021, 03:29 PM
MiLF said that the defense went jumbo and dared them to pass it. It was six big guys plus linebackers. Being short on passing weapons killed us there

So why run with Jones twice? If they are going big, then you do the same and bring in Dillon. That was horrible strategy on MLFs part. Dillon was arguably the best performer on offense last night on the opportunities he was given.

You also never run a play inside the 1 yard line out of the shotgun. That is stupidity. I'm fine passing in those situations, but put the QB under center and force the defense to respect the sneak.

smuggler
10-29-2021, 07:08 PM
That 94 yeard drive at the end of the game? Refs missed it by 95 yards. Packers didn't have any TOs to challenge, however

https://twitter.com/GBRoadRunner/status/1453933033145479168?s=20

George Cumby
10-29-2021, 07:37 PM
So why run with Jones twice? If they are going big, then you do the same and bring in Dillon. That was horrible strategy on MLFs part. Dillon was arguably the best performer on offense last night on the opportunities he was given.

You also never run a play inside the 1 yard line out of the shotgun. That is stupidity. I'm fine passing in those situations, but put the QB under center and force the defense to respect the sneak.

All of this.

The shotgun was just head scratching.

Dive into the A gap. Sometimes you just have to beat the mother fucker in front of you.

run pMc
10-30-2021, 10:27 AM

Yeah on the 3 passes series inside the 5; ARI D was lining up in something like a 6-1 or 6-2 front with every gap covered. MAYBE you can get Dillon to bowl someone over, but it's asking a lot... plus it probably means you have 1-1 matchups out there with Cobb or Tonyan, and with Rodgers at QB you have to like those odds better. I get at least trying to run it once though, or maybe doing some kind of jet sweep thing instead if everyone is bottled up inside. MLF admitted he'd call things different next time.

While they are certainly a capable offense and obviously won the game without him, it's a prime example of how missing Davante hurts the offense. He's at least a diversion on the goal line if not the first option.

Also: Chris Banjo, still playing ST for the Cards. 19 snaps, no tackles. Good job by GB ST keeping him off the box score ;)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202110280crd.htm

Joemailman
11-01-2021, 09:13 AM
Packers Lego highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qDVURQToDY

George Cumby
11-01-2021, 10:17 AM
ROFLMAO.

This win just keeps getting better and better.

call_me_ishmael
11-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Rams making moves, holy cow!