Douglas
Campbell
Offensive line

Freak Out
10-29-2021, 12:10 AM
What a game.

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2021, 05:49 AM
O Studs: Aaron Jones even more than usual, Dillon running as well as pass blocking, Rodgers as always - not a great game, but good under difficult circumstances, Cobb when it was urgent - good game plan IMO to lull 'em to sleep by not using him as much as expected for the bulk of the game, then hitting him in the clutch.

D studs: Gary and Lowery early but not late, Campbell early and not late, Douglas the whole game nearly shutting down Green, Stokes was a dud early, but picked it up late, our Safetys most of the game but not late - were they not as good? Or was the D just designed to be looser? Clark as always, but not as noticeable because of the double teams.

Duds: whoever was to blame for the poor clock management and whoever told Hill to run the kick out of the endzone it seemed to be that was planned and not just his own spur of the moment decision. Has anybody heard how he is? The damn replay officials who overturned the Jones TD when clearly there wasn't sufficient evidence. Also the officials for calling the PI on Douglas, followed soon after by the no call when Arizona hit one of our guys earlier and worse.

Winfree and DeGuara were both good and bad - the mess ups in lining up, but also making a few plays. Same for St. Brown.

It's a good game to have out of the way. A win is a win is a win. We were the better team, as I thought and predicted - and a lot of negativists in here didn't hahahaha.

Upnorth
10-29-2021, 07:18 AM
Adam stenevech for MVP. It is amazing to me how well our line played for pass pro. Run blocking I expected to be great this game, but pass pro was better!

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2021, 08:15 AM
Adam stenevech for MVP. It is amazing to me how well our line played for pass pro. Run blocking I expected to be great this game, but pass pro was better!

I dunno what it is like with the Ottawa Redblacks, but 12 averaged only 5 yards a pop. That says that 12 got rid of the rock too fast, which made the OL look better than it actually played.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2021, 08:21 AM
O Studs: Aaron Jones even more than usual, Dillon running as well as pass blocking, Rodgers as always - not a great game, but good under difficult circumstances, Cobb when it was urgent - good game plan IMO to lull 'em to sleep by not using him as much as expected for the bulk of the game, then hitting him in the clutch.

D studs: Gary and Lowery early but not late, Campbell early and not late, Douglas the whole game nearly shutting down Green, Stokes was a dud early, but picked it up late, our Safetys most of the game but not late - were they not as good? Or was the D just designed to be looser? Clark as always, but not as noticeable because of the double teams.

Duds: whoever was to blame for the poor clock management and whoever told Hill to run the kick out of the endzone it seemed to be that was planned and not just his own spur of the moment decision. Has anybody heard how he is? The damn replay officials who overturned the Jones TD when clearly there wasn't sufficient evidence. Also the officials for calling the PI on Douglas, followed soon after by the no call when Arizona hit one of our guys earlier and worse.

Winfree and DeGuara were both good and bad - the mess ups in lining up, but also making a few plays. Same for St. Brown.

It's a good game to have out of the way. A win is a win is a win. We were the better team, as I thought and predicted - and a lot of negativists in here didn't hahahaha.

The backup TE, 81, didn’t know where to line up half the time. Inexcusable.

Tonyan’s season is likely fucked. Maybe Jimmy Graham could force himself out of Chi-town and Pack bring him back on pennies. :)

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2021, 08:45 AM
Rodgers as always - not a great game, but good under difficult circumstances, Cobb when .

The 2 minute offense the Packers tried to run near end of half was telling. They were pathetic when they had to go downfield. Given the situation Rodgers was masterful at running the offense, fooling the defense and going to second and third options. It was a near great game. The Packers wouldn't have pulled this off without a wiley vet with quick release.

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2021, 09:12 AM

Stenavich is apparently a really good coach for making the O Line even as good as it is, but "great run blocking" and "good pass blocking" in this game? No way. There was a clean pocket on the play Tonyan got hurt and maybe one or two other times all game - that's it. And about the same number of times, Jones or Dillon had an open hole to run through. Other than that, they were hit early and often got away - because they are excellent RBs. When they do open a hole, it's almost always some sort or a trap or other scheme thing - a credit to Stenavich for that. When they need to just line up and use strength against the D, there's almost never any success.

Upnorth
10-29-2021, 09:46 AM
I dunno what it is like with the Ottawa Redblacks, but 12 averaged only 5 yards a pop. That says that 12 got rid of the rock too fast, which made the OL look better than it actually played.

Missing our top 3 we need to throw short. The couple deep passes 12 was un touched. He threw multiple times feet planted and was hit once clean aside from a dirty late hit.

On the run side I recommend you rewatch the game. Jones was given decent lines and if contacted it was arm tackle still except his 2 stuffs.

Speaking of stuffs why do you run jones at the 1???? Dillion gets that I bet

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2021, 09:52 AM
Studs: Rodgers, RBs, Jenkins, Preston, Campbell, Douglas, Bojo

bobblehead
10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
Studs: MiLF, Gutes, Rodgers. Personel be damned this team keeps winning under the aforementioned 3 headed monster. Rodgers needs to check the ego and sign the 4 year extension.

Duds: Joe Berry. Our D looked better with him in the protocol. NFL for not postponing the game to Sunday. They made it clear they wouldn't postpone for unvaccinated players, but Adams was Vaccinated as was our D coordinator. Game should have been played Sunday. Fuck you NFL, we won anyway.

George Cumby
10-29-2021, 07:50 PM
Studs:

My Boner.

I've had a stiffie since the final whistle blew.

Holy shit, is this normal?

(caveat: I, like Smuggler, am not entirely sober atm.)

smuggler
10-29-2021, 10:42 PM
Gog bless you Mr. Cumby. Ahaha!

Upnorth
10-30-2021, 12:23 AM
Studs:

My Boner.

Warning: side effects of winning an important road game against an undefeated team may result in prolonged periods of excitement. Use this time to engage in repetitive hipthrusting a la night at the Roxbury with the woman you want to have slap you.

run pMc
10-30-2021, 10:47 AM
DL did a really good job of rushing with discipline. Murray wasn't 100% but he didn't have rushing lanes to go off a la Heinecke. Kenny Clark and Dean Lowry (!) were nuisances. Lowry took Josh Jones' lunch money.

Was a good game plan -- basically play ARI how teams play GB with shell coverage, make them earn things, etc. Difference was ARI barely ran the ball. They also barely had the ball -- GB won the TOP by a full quarter (~37:30/22:30) because of Dillon/Jones.

DeAndre Hopkins being hurt and missing a lot of snaps helped the D also. Stokes got schooled on the long catch, but any CB probably would have there. I think he's taken his lumps this year but he's good now and could be REALLY good in a year or two.
ARI has a fast defense, GB's offense was well managed by Rodgers. His stats were very pedestrian but he got everything he could. Aaron Jones leading the way with 7 catches on 11 targets; Lots of short passes and screens. OL was decent - gave the RBs and Rodgers a chance. Speaking of RBs, Dillon and Jones broke a lot of tackles and were very physical.

ST didn't screw up, Bojo continues to excel, Mason is Mason and they get a positive bounce on a fumbled punt for once.

Really impressive win. Rodgers called it 'gritty' and I'd agree.

CaptainKickass
10-30-2021, 03:18 PM
STUDS:
All the damn cheese in the stands at an undefeated opponents home field stadium. Packers fans were a lively and vocal force.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2021, 03:02 AM
Top rated players on the Packers, according to PFF, through week 8:

OFFENSE
1) Davante Adams
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Aaron Jones
4) Mercedes Lewis
5) Elgton Jenkins

DEFENSE
1) De'Vondre Campbell
2) Rashan Gary
3) Kenny Clark
4) Jaire Alexander
5) Adrian Amos

bobblehead
10-31-2021, 07:07 PM
Studs:

My Boner.

Punctuation is everything. Without the comma after smuggler that post has an entirely different feel.

bobblehead
10-31-2021, 07:10 PM
Top rated players on the Packers, according to PFF, through week 8:

OFFENSE
1) Davante Adams
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Aaron Jones
4) Mercedes Lewis
5) Elgton Jenkins

DEFENSE
1) De'Vondre Campbell
2) Rashan Gary
3) Kenny Clark
4) Jaire Alexander
5) Adrian Amos

Jenkins playing out of position. Man he is gonna be expensive to re sign. Mercedes is as old as Joe Louis when he fought Rocky Marciano but he just keeps doing his thing. Crushing run blocks and a handful of impactful catches a game.

George Cumby
10-31-2021, 08:03 PM
Punctuation is everything. Without the comma after smuggler that post has an entirely different feel.

If you remove the comma between "I" and "like", it really gets weird.