PDA

View Full Version : D-Jax on the Block

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2021, 08:11 AM
MVS is the only bona fide bomb threat on the roster, and he’s got the Claymaker hammy malady. Packers need another bomb threat.

Bring in D-Jax, give him his long overdue Super Bowl 45 ring and go win another fucking ring. Or trade for OBJ!

Do it, German Shepherd!

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2021, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't complain if that happened - assuming we got him cheap. However, I very much doubt any of it will happen, and I and the Packers will be fine that way too. If we got anybody of that type, I would think Brandin Cooks would be the most likely.

run pMc
10-30-2021, 10:31 AM
Nah, they're getting MVS back from his hammy and he's a bigger, younger player. D-Jax is a marquee name and probably has somethign in the tank, but I don't think WR is where they're going to look.
If the trade for anyone, the name I'm hearing batted around is Evan Engram -- to fill Tonyan's role as pass catching TE.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2021, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't complain if that happened - assuming we got him cheap. However, I very much doubt any of it will happen, and I and the Packers will be fine that way too. If we got anybody of that type, I would think Brandin Cooks would be the most likely.

If my math is correct, D-Jax is still owe about 2.25 million frogskins. However, Packers could probably get him for a 6th or 7th.

Cooks might be cheaper for the rest of the season but might take at least a 4th. Would the German Shepherd trade a 4th to rent a player for 7-11 games? Cooks has a 12M base next season.

OBJ in the Green and Musta Yella would be awesome in real life and on Madden.

Whichever player, Packers could use more receiving weapons. Lazard doesn’t scare anyone and since he’s not gotten the “shot,” he’s a MIA waiting to happen. MVS remains a one trick pony. Tonyan’s KIA-ed. Cobb’s strictly a slot guy at this point in space-time.

In playoff wars, the Packers are gonna need dragons - not cannons.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2021, 11:52 AM
Nah, they're getting MVS back from his hammy and he's a bigger, younger player. D-Jax is a marquee name and probably has somethign in the tank, but I don't think WR is where they're going to look.
If the trade for anyone, the name I'm hearing batted around is Evan Engram -- to fill Tonyan's role as pass catching TE.

Engram would be nice, but a bona fide #2 WR opposite Adams would be better.

run pMc
10-30-2021, 01:26 PM
Engram would be nice, but a bona fide #2 WR opposite Adams would be better.

D-Jax still has value, but he's a headcase (read: probably not a locker room fit) and I think there are other options that might be better. Darious Slayton? OBJ and Cooks are on the market, Allen Robinson, Josh Reynolds... there are plenty of receivers, my guess is Jackson wouldn't be Gute's first choice.
I think they need DL and TE help; and if Jaire doesn't come back they might still need to look at CB.

D-Jax is an interesting idea, but with MVS coming back I'm not sure you need him as much for taking the top off a defense, and I don't know if he gives you much as a blocker. They could have used him vs. ARI though.

Bretsky
10-30-2021, 02:08 PM
Bringing in DeJax kinda reminds me of when GB brought in Andre Bad moon Risen :))) Might be worth a shot as a one year rental.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2021, 06:23 PM
No thanks! Brandin Cooks would be worth it. DJax is done.

Bretsky
10-30-2021, 07:31 PM

Not even for a 7th ?

Or better idea yet, let's deal our 3rd (normally they all suck anyways) to a bad team for their 4th and a player who can help us :)))

George Cumby
10-30-2021, 08:18 PM

It's a fire sale in Houston, that's worth a look.

Gute might be able to get him for a week old tuna fish sammich.