PDA

View Full Version : BEST SPORTS MOVIES/SERIES ON NETFLIX TO WATCH

Bretsky
10-30-2021, 07:29 PM
Looking for Help Fellow Rats. I am stuck at home for a while due to a full knee replacement surgery.

Give me some great ideas on Netflix shows/movies, series to watch and why I should watch them if you have time.

I'm convinced I have seen nearly every sport series/movie out there but some options there would be appreciated.

Or an absolute knockout series/movies. I have went through several.

TY all

B

Anti-Polar Bear
10-31-2021, 05:24 AM
The Queen’s Gambit

The female protagonist’s downtrodden story is so inspiring, I found myself rooting against the mighty Soviets.

The Witcher

Toss a coin to your Witcher.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-31-2021, 05:29 AM
Fuller House

Still rated PG, but DJ, Stephenie and even Kimmy all have morphed into hot MILFs. Alas, no Michelle.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-31-2021, 05:43 AM
The Shutdown Corner

Downtrodden working-class dude in his late 30’s reminisces his “glorious” youth and drowns in the agony of missed opportunities, all while raging against the vicious machine know as…

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2021, 10:45 AM
I've watched League of Their Own with my daughters a bunch of times. Also, The Longest Yard (the original version with Ray Nitschke) was a super movie. Also the movie about the QB with the little girl starring the Rock was good (I can't recall the title), and the Will Ferrell movie about a pro basketball team in the old ABA. Also the football movie, Necessary Roughness and of course, the Major League movies with Bob Uecker.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2021, 12:36 AM
Colin In Black and White

Just released. Haven’t watched it yet. Gonna soon. Will give a review…in FYI. Documentary focuses on the life and times of the great Colin Kaepernick.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2021, 12:43 AM
I've watched League of Their Own with my daughters a bunch of times. Also, The Longest Yard (the original version with Ray Nitschke) was a super movie. Also the movie about the QB with the little girl starring the Rock was good (I can't recall the title), and the Will Ferrell movie about a pro basketball team in the old ABA. Also the football movie, Necessary Roughness and of course, the Major League movies with Bob Uecker.

Can’t wait for the Kurt Warner biopic. Out in December. Maybe it’ll inspire me to finally quit flipping burgers, take a few English classes at the local community college and then trek to Hollywood in pursuit of an improbable career as a screenwriter/lyricist.

Bretsky
11-01-2021, 07:50 PM
I watched Colin in Black and White today; it was ok

I'd give it a 6 on the one to ten scale

MadtownPacker
11-02-2021, 08:53 AM
Watch some real oppression not a made-up crying athlete.

Narcos: Mexico - wonderful tale of my cultures history.
Ozark - sweet story about a square white boy like you who gets involved with my culture.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2021, 08:55 AM
If you liked the movie 300 try Spartacus: blood and sand. Major sex and violence. It’s some hardon inducing shit. :lol:

Freak Out
11-03-2021, 07:51 PM
The first season of Spartacus was kick ass. Amazing cast and action.

call_me_ishmael
11-04-2021, 10:37 PM
If you liked the movie 300 try Spartacus: blood and sand. Major sex and violence. It’s some hardon inducing shit. :lol:

Mad has a constant confused boner between the sex and the violence lol.

Bretsky
11-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Mad has a constant confused boner between the sex and the violence lol.

To be honest I do too....lol

Dig the sex, raunchiness, and violence. I saw the two shows Mad threw out I think, but I'll try Spartacus.

MadtownPacker
11-05-2021, 09:44 AM
Mad has a constant confused boner between the sex and the violence lol.Youre wrong chicken man - Bobby Bouche
Conquering has always induced hardons for centuries. Trying doing something violent then go see your beloved looking hot. How you think Bretsky made his son?

MadScientist
12-12-2021, 02:10 PM
For sports, try Drive to Survive, a very cool look at F1, although the next season should be the best, because this year's F1 was incredible. Similarly Ron Howard's Rush is excellent.

MadtownPacker
12-13-2021, 06:44 AM
Is this lazy mfer walking around now or still sitting on his ass?

MadScientist
12-13-2021, 08:18 PM

You sound like Rex talking about an injured player

MadtownPacker
12-18-2021, 08:47 AM
I do like ladies wearing nice heels on their pretty feet.

Bretsky
12-20-2021, 09:24 PM

Wait, do you mean me ?

call_me_ishmael
12-20-2021, 09:31 PM
Wait, do you mean me ?

Yes.

Bretsky
12-22-2021, 12:21 AM
Yes.

I am still home; to be honest I was killing it in recovery but then what every person who has a knee replacement prays NEVER happens....happened to me
I'm officially in the one to two percent. So the road just got much longer, more painful, and more frustrating

MadtownPacker
12-22-2021, 06:28 AM
WTF? You got it infected or you had to have it removed????

Bretsky
12-22-2021, 06:48 AM

YUP; right now I really have no left knee. Two Cement Spacers. Daily IV's to try to flush the infection out.

And then I have to get the surgery and go through rehab all over again

Anti-Polar Bear
12-22-2021, 12:10 PM
Get well soon, Bretsky.

Bretsky
12-22-2021, 01:16 PM

Both; the infection was too bad for them to just flush it out. So they removed the knee hardware. And then we have to try to clear the infection and have the surgery all over again

call_me_ishmael
12-22-2021, 02:45 PM
Really sorry to hear that Bretsky. Hope you are in good spirits and able to have a good Christmas with the family.

red
01-02-2022, 05:49 PM
For sports, try Drive to Survive, a very cool look at F1, although the next season should be the best, because this year's F1 was incredible. Similarly Ron Howard's Rush is excellent.

yes

this shit got me back into watching F!, after a couple decades away

next season will be epic

NOOOOO MIKEY NOOOOOOO, THIS IS SO NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
01-02-2022, 05:50 PM
YUP; right now I really have no left knee. Two Cement Spacers. Daily IV's to try to flush the infection out.

And then I have to get the surgery and go through rehab all over again

lol, couldn't happen to a better asshole

red
01-02-2022, 06:01 PM
the shows about community college football is kind of interesting

most of these coaches are just blowing smoke up all these players asses while forcing them to pay to play with most of them never having any hope of going back to decent schools

the only coach and school that didn't look like a complete joke was the basketball season

edit. last chance U, thats it

MadtownPacker
01-03-2022, 12:58 PM
Both; the infection was too bad for them to just flush it out. So they removed the knee hardware. And then we have to try to clear the infection and have the surgery all over again
Sorry man I hadn’t seen this. Damn it went sour on you. I hope my story encouraged you not to wait for it to get worse. You need to eat clean from now on to make sure your body is strong for next time. How you doing now?

Bretsky
01-03-2022, 03:45 PM
doing ok Mad and TY for asking. It's been about 6 weeks of non weight bearing. I have a call meeting to the UW Center for Disease Control tomorrow; they review my bloodwork on a weekly basis to track somehow if the infection appears to be cleared. HOPEFULLY I find out the infection looks gone, and I can have my 3rd surgery (2nd knee replacement) at the end of January.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2022, 11:20 AM
doing ok Mad and TY for asking. It's been about 6 weeks of non weight bearing. I have a call meeting to the UW Center for Disease Control tomorrow; they review my bloodwork on a weekly basis to track somehow if the infection appears to be cleared. HOPEFULLY I find out the infection looks gone, and I can have my 3rd surgery (2nd knee replacement) at the end of January.Dammit. Is there amputation talk?

Bretsky
01-04-2022, 12:23 PM
no talk of that; about 2% of knee replacements get infections.

If it's a septic infection they remove the knee parts, identify which infection it is, and then give you a daily IV for six weeks to attack/eliminate the infection. Daily bloodwork goes to the UW Hospital each week and they review.

On average, after 6 weeks things look good, then there is a two week wait period where you don't get the antibiotics. They run one more test, and basically remove the cement spacers and then do the knee replacement surgery all over again.

that is probably happening this month.

smuggler
01-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Jeez that sounds horrible. Good luck man.

red
01-04-2022, 03:51 PM
no talk of that; about 2% of knee replacements get infections.

If it's a septic infection they remove the knee parts, identify which infection it is, and then give you a daily IV for six weeks to attack/eliminate the infection. Daily bloodwork goes to the UW Hospital each week and they review.

On average, after 6 weeks things look good, then there is a two week wait period where you don't get the antibiotics. They run one more test, and basically remove the cement spacers and then do the knee replacement surgery all over again.

that is probably happening this month.

my uncle had that a couple years back. body rejected the new knee

his options were to take meds everyday for the rest of his life to fight off the infection, or to have the the new knee taken back out and having a temporary knee put back in and he would have to get that one replaced every couple of years

i got arthritis in mine. can't wait till i have to do all that shit

MadtownPacker
01-05-2022, 07:42 PM
Answer me a question B, honestly, did you make a strong effort on the rehab and taking care of the cut? Or did you slack off eventually as is human nature?

Bretsky
01-05-2022, 08:28 PM
Answer me a question B, honestly, did you make a strong effort on the rehab and taking care of the cut? Or did you slack off eventually as is human nature?

NO, I crushed it in Rehab; I was way ahead as far as the knee bending and strength was going. I was blindsided by the infection. When I did a deep knee bend on the stairs (forward bend) the wound opened and some fluid shot out. The therapist had me go see the doc, he told me it was infected, and operated on my one day after. At five weeks I had bent the knee to 110 degrees; at 120 degrees they release you from all rehab. It was just a freak thing; I was the unlucky jag who ended up being in the 1 to 2 percent of kneed that get infected.

For a full knee replacement they estimate you being off eight to twelve weeks. I would have been back to work after eight weeks had the infection not occured.

As far as the cut went, anytime there was seepage I showed the nurse and doc; it opened a couple times and they re stapled it. But other than push the issue when they re stapled it I don't know what I could have done.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-06-2022, 03:52 AM
At least you’re a wealthy banker with a great health insurance, Bretsky.

If it was me, a minimum-wage burger flipper, I’d be fucked financially. Haven’t had surgery on the left hip but I did engage in a session of physical therapy. Therapist showed me a few hip exercises then sent me home after 30 minutes. Also scheduled another session in two weeks. Week after that first session, the bill came and I was on the hook for something close to $500. Needlessly to say, I canceled the 2nd session and haven’t been back since.

Bretsky
01-12-2022, 11:39 PM
WOOT WOOT; appears infection is going and barring any complication new knee replacement surgery is scheduled 1/25

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2022, 11:18 AM
WOOT WOOT; appears infection is going and barring any complication new knee replacement surgery is scheduled 1/25

Glad to hear it.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2022, 08:10 AM
NO, I crushed it in Rehab; I was way ahead as far as the knee bending and strength was going. I was blindsided by the infection. When I did a deep knee bend on the stairs (forward bend) the wound opened and some fluid shot out. The therapist had me go see the doc, he told me it was infected, and operated on my one day after. At five weeks I had bent the knee to 110 degrees; at 120 degrees they release you from all rehab. It was just a freak thing; I was the unlucky jag who ended up being in the 1 to 2 percent of kneed that get infected.

For a full knee replacement they estimate you being off eight to twelve weeks. I would have been back to work after eight weeks had the infection not occured.

As far as the cut went, anytime there was seepage I showed the nurse and doc; it opened a couple times and they re stapled it. But other than push the issue when they re stapled it I don't know what I could have done. I read this right when you posted it but have not replied. I’m glad to hear that man I was thinking maybe you’re just too bent out of shape and that’s why you keep getting fucked up. Do you eat healthy during all this shit or are you eating a bunch of fucking McDonald’s.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2022, 08:10 AM
Was that so you won’t miss playoff games?

Bretsky
01-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Was that so you won’t miss playoff games?

And March Madness as well !!!

My knee should be good to go to watch my Wisconsin Badgers play in the Final Four and National Championship ! :)))

Bretsky
01-25-2022, 06:51 PM
NEW KNEE TODAY

Long road ahead but I'm stoked for it

MadtownPacker
01-25-2022, 07:19 PM
OK great news just don’t be a little bitch and fuck it up. Also maybe eat habaneros, shit like that takes down inflammation.

call_me_ishmael
01-27-2022, 12:47 AM
Glad you're on the mend Bretsky!

Bretsky
01-27-2022, 06:47 AM
Thanks Mad and CMI

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-29-2022, 09:26 AM
Thanks Mad and CMI

How you doing? I had a partial knee replacement and can not be happier. Was lifting weights 3 days after operation and have never looked back, other than the cost :(

red
01-30-2022, 02:07 PM
i hope it gets infected again and somehow causes your junk to fall off

Bretsky
02-10-2022, 09:57 PM
i hope it gets infected again and somehow causes your junk to fall off

You are such an asswipe :)

Bretsky
02-10-2022, 09:59 PM
How you doing? I had a partial knee replacement and can not be happier. Was lifting weights 3 days after operation and have never looked back, other than the cost :(

I had a partial on my right knee a couple yrs ago; that one is doing great.

On this go round, I had 3rd surgery 16 days ago and had 37 staples removed out of knee today. So going day by day but all is looking good. TY for asking !