PDA

View Full Version : After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ AZ week 8

CaptainKickass
10-31-2021, 09:24 AM
After Further Review: Notes, comments & observations from second viewing of GB @ AZ week 8

- Oh look. Two different well spoken, articulate, fully capable sideline reporters. Weird.

- Snoop Dog in his Corona commercial doesn't have a forehead. He's got a seven, maybe even an eight head.

- Aikman: "Pack comes out with 2 tight ends."
Packers: Lined up in a 4 wide receiver set.
Aikman: "Looks like they're sticking with one tight end."

- Gary tried to kill the QB.

- I just LOVE hearing all the "Go Pack Go" shouting-chants at any other team's stadium. Is there another NFL team where something similar happens?

- Maybe the AZ stadium lighting problem is like your cheap-ass home Christmas tree light string. You know, where just one tiny bulb can cause all sorts of trouble. Alternatively, it could be just the Football Gods giving us a sign. The truth is out there.

- Aaron Jones at least twice, failed to follow the three blockers out in front of him, preferring instead to run around them because he's faster. I wonder if that's a point of coaching. It looked to me that just a little patience (queue Guns and Roses) before hitting the jets would net a much bigger play.

- OPRAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- I really hate "The Wildcat". I actually wish GB would deploy it as an occasional gadget play. But I just hate the name & think it's un-creatively lame. If there was an actual wild cat loose on the field it'd probably be scared as fuck, trying to run away and hide from all the weirdo humans.

- Does Rodgers have the best sidearm ever?

- THE LUXURY AU... au... awwwwwww, gawd damn it!

- ESB with a first down catch. Drink!

- Jordan Phillips should've been ejected for the late hit on Aaron Rodgers in my opinion.

- Haven't seen a big man running back spin-move in the hole like that since Eddie Lacy.

- When he uses it, Aaron Rodgers has the sweetest pump fake. I still think he could stand to use it a wee bit more.

- OPRAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- The Packers, a couple times in this game, had quite possibly the best pocket containment I've ever witnessed. The D line seemed at times to move together in concert, following the QB left and right, closing the pocket in harmony akin to a synchronized swimming team. There was beauty and grace on display, put forth by giant, aggressive, gladiatorial type human beings.

- Official Buckmanism™ quote of the game: "AJ Dillon's excited about it what Aaron Jones is". The more I listen to this duo of dynamic douche-bags the more I believe they contribute nothing of use.

- I love Jones but Dillon really, really, really, really, really, really, should be the short yardage running back especially in goal to go. Let the man be the hammer.

- I've noticed more and more TJ Slaton in the defensive line rotation. His continued development might be something to keep an eye on.

- Why would you expect me to have a nickname for Rasul Douglas?

- AJ Dillon's nickname goes from lame ass actor "Matt" from last week and restores his former nickname glory back to legendary musician "Bob" with this week's performance.

- Lancaster may have legit caused a safety.

- Winning against an undefeated team, in their stadium, on a short week, missing four all-pro and a total of eight starters, having zero top three preferred starting receivers, with an absent defensive coordinator and multiple injuries elsewhere - is something I have never seen. The word remarkable doesn't cover it.

https://www.stoicbydesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/stoic-by-design-grit-front-view-angled-wall-494x593.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2021, 10:27 AM
Steelers fans travel really well also.

George Cumby
10-31-2021, 10:55 AM
Obligatory AFR post.

smuggler
10-31-2021, 01:01 PM
The entire football was in the end zone on that safety. Zebras let it go in favor of a more interesting finish.

bobblehead
10-31-2021, 07:14 PM
"- Winning against an undefeated team, in their stadium, on a short week, missing four all-pro and a total of eight starters, having zero top three preferred starting receivers, with an absent defensive coordinator and multiple injuries elsewhere - is something I have never seen. The word remarkable doesn't cover it."

Well said. I've been saying it since the 2nd quarter, but you sum it up nicely. Going to try to memorize it so I can roll it off like a George Carlin forbidden word list.

RashanGary
10-31-2021, 07:21 PM
"- Winning against an undefeated team, in their stadium, on a short week, missing four all-pro and a total of eight starters, having zero top three preferred starting receivers, with an absent defensive coordinator and multiple injuries elsewhere - is something I have never seen. The word remarkable doesn't cover it."

Well said. I've been saying it since the 2nd quarter, but you sum it up nicely. Going to try to memorize it so I can roll it off like a George Carlin forbidden word list.

The offense should be mostly healthy this week. And the defense has a chance to follow suit in the near future.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-31-2021, 07:39 PM
The offense should be mostly healthy this week. And the defense has a chance to follow suit in the near future.

The offense needs another receiving threat. Right now, it’s Adams and a bunch of wankers.

George Cumby
10-31-2021, 08:00 PM
Hearing the crowd chant "Dee-Fense!" when the Pyruhloxia's had the ball was outstanding.

Whyinthenameofallthatisholydidtheynotatleasttrypou ndingDillonupthegutatleastfuckingoncefromtheone?

They had Gary in on early downs and he was a HolyTerror. In the second half they would have Garvin and Ming on first and second and then Gary on third. I get it, but I don't. Gary was giving ARI absolute fits. Gary may be an alternate for the PB this year, he's that disruptive.

Rodgers is fucking amazing, but you knew that.

RashanGary
10-31-2021, 09:28 PM
The offense needs another receiving threat. Right now, it’s Adams and a bunch of wankers.

MVS has been out for a while and Lazard is alright

smuggler
11-01-2021, 12:30 AM
Even a guy with a motor like Gary wears down after rushing every down.