PDA

View Full Version : "Packers are working extremely hard at trade deadline"

Spaulding
11-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Source is:

- https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/01/matt-lafleur-packers-are-working-extremely-hard-at-trade-deadline/

Would love to see another DB in the mix if Alexander doesn't make it back this year. Thinking Dolphins are close to a fire sale and with Dolphin's Howard an FA after the season he could be had for something reasonable.

Noted in other threads possibly Hayden Hurst of the Falcons which I wouldn't be opposed to but think that Lewis/Deguera/Dafney might be enough quantity along with returning MVS/Adams/Lazard to keep the offense humming. That being said I don't think we need a Cooks, Fuller, etc. at WR for the stretch run.

Want upgrades on defensive side of the ball (trenches or cb's).

Anybody up for a poll on who the Packers sign as it seems like they will come away with at least one body prior to trade deadline tomorrow?

texaspackerbacker
11-01-2021, 10:40 PM
I read an article about the Packers maybe trading for Grady Jarrett of Atlanta. Not a bad idea, but as with any of these possible trades, I doubt it happens.

RashanGary
11-01-2021, 10:52 PM
I read an article about the Packers maybe trading for Grady Jarrett of Atlanta. Not a bad idea, but as with any of these possible trades, I doubt it happens.

Grady Jarrett would be a huge addition. If Z and Jaire came back, plus Jarrett, we’d be front runners.

Spaulding
11-02-2021, 07:57 AM
Grady Jarrett would be a huge addition. If Z and Jaire came back, plus Jarrett, we’d be front runners.

Would love to see Jarrett in a Packers uniform and it appears his 2022 bloated contract is voidable and so an awesome one year rental. Just depends on if the Falcons are going to blow things up after this year and thus sell low on players like him or not.

- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/grady-jarrett-16863/

I could see giving up a 4th or 5th for him but guessing that Atlanta will ride his contract out given his young age and/or seek higher compensation.

Spaulding
11-02-2021, 09:01 AM
Interesting rumor I just saw posted on WTMJ is theory on Love's fate going into the trade deadline today and it's impact to Rodgers moving forward. Things would be incredibly interesting if Love was traded for assets and a push this year or draft picks to improve our competitive chances next year again with Rodgers given our cap situation and it's impact to the roster and likely loss of some key roster assets.

bobblehead
11-02-2021, 09:41 AM
Rodgers not signing an extension when he returned, but actually lopping a year off his deal makes Love untradeable. I like both suggestions here. Jarret is right in his prime and I just don't see Atlanta letting him go cheap, but they probably should. He is sort of a Mike Daniels type who is undersized and won't age well. He would be a perfect one year rental.

Xavian Howard is a stud also. He would be incredible whether Jaire returns or not. Again, not sure the dolphins want to let him go cheap and we can't afford to sign him after the season so it would be risky.

call_me_ishmael
11-02-2021, 10:38 AM
I really don't think they're trading Love today. Then they have nobody left in ARod gets hurt. I'll give you it's highly unlikely they can win anything without Rodgers but they pushed all the chips into the table, you don't trade a key back-up.

texaspackerbacker
11-02-2021, 12:00 PM
I also doubt they trade Love (although I wouldn't mind it at all if they did). As a short term back up at QB, Benkert would be as good or better than Love. If Rodgers went out for the season, though - heaven forbid, true, we're screwed regardless.

Love for Jarrett wouldn't be bad - let him be the successor to Matt Ryan. Still, I seriously doubt it happens.

Fritz
11-02-2021, 01:32 PM
If Rodgers is really serious about coming back, I hope he recognizes that if he wants Davante Adams, Jaire Alexander et al to be on the team, too, Rodgers is going to have to start playing for rings instead of playing for the highest salary. He'll need to take a lower contract number so he can have the talent around him to get a couple more SB rings, which is what would actually cement his legacy.

If he's willing to do such a thing,then trade Jordan Love for Grady Jarrett and chase that ring now. Tim Boyle's throwing thumb should be almost healed by now, and the Lions don't really need a backup who can win games occasionally. They could get him on the cheap. Here's a link to an article that said he'd be about from between six to eight weeks after his August 31 surgery.

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/tim-boyle-injury-recovery-timetable/

Well, that's about now.

So how about that? We get Boyle back, we get a defensive lineman who is a difference-maker, we get a happier Rodgers (who might agree to a more reasonable contract in some kind of extension), we have a better shot at a SB.

call_me_ishmael
11-02-2021, 01:56 PM
If Rodgers is really serious about coming back, I hope he recognizes that if he wants Davante Adams, Jaire Alexander et al to be on the team, too, Rodgers is going to have to start playing for rings instead of playing for the highest salary. He'll need to take a lower contract number so he can have the talent around him to get a couple more SB rings, which is what would actually cement his legacy.

If he's willing to do such a thing,then trade Jordan Love for Grady Jarrett and chase that ring now. Tim Boyle's throwing thumb should be almost healed by now, and the Lions don't really need a backup who can win games occasionally. They could get him on the cheap. Here's a link to an article that said he'd be about from between six to eight weeks after his August 31 surgery.

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/tim-boyle-injury-recovery-timetable/

Well, that's about now.

So how about that? We get Boyle back, we get a defensive lineman who is a difference-maker, we get a happier Rodgers (who might agree to a more reasonable contract in some kind of extension), we have a better shot at a SB.

GM Fritz, sign me up. Les go!

Freak Out
11-02-2021, 03:29 PM
So are the Fletcher Cox rumors legit?

Joemailman
11-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Packers roster moves

Released:
LS Hunter Bradley
LB Jaylon Smith
LB Aaron Adeoye (PS)

Signed:
LS Steven Wirtel (from PS)
DL Abdullah Anderson (to PS)

QB Kurt Benkert to COVID-19/reserve list.

Happy trade deadline day, #Packers fans

Benkert to Covid list. Hold your breath everybody.

Upnorth
11-02-2021, 04:42 PM
So are the Fletcher Cox rumors legit?

I hope

bobblehead
11-02-2021, 05:18 PM
gonna go ahead and say I told you so. jaylon smith was garbage in and is now garbage out.

Sparkey
11-02-2021, 05:25 PM
gonna go ahead and say I told you so. jaylon smith was garbage in and is now garbage out.

It was worth kicking the tires. Ya never know. No?

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 09:26 AM

This is a dump on players in general, not a criticism of Rodgers, so please, Rodgers lovers, don't make it all about him.

Players whine and cry that teams treat this like a business and show no loyalty to guys like Mathews et al, but when it comes time to get paid themselves, its a business. For Rodgers critique during the off season to have any teeth he needs to show fans that it ISN'T just a business. That team building is a 2 way street and if great players want teams to "respect" aging veterans who may not have much left in the tank they need to lead by example. Clay never took a below market deal in his prime. Jennings? Nope. They all got paid. But in the later stages with skill sets declining they were upset when the team made business decisions.

This isn't just about NFL players, people in general act similarly. The guy who bitches about the person who cut him off will in turn cut someone off 3 minutes down the road because he didn't want to change lanes behind the guy who was going 3 mph slower than he was. The bank teller who is a rude passive aggressive prick to customers will go to the grocery store and complain about bad customer service from the teenage stock boy. Its human nature. I try to be better, but once in awhile I even catch myself doing it.

All this is to say I think Rodgers will get a MONSTER deal in the offseason that kicks the cap hit down the road. They will finagle the numbers to re sign core guys and Rodgers/Adams et al won't give a shit when Chandler Sullivan can't get a fair deal from the packers because they don't have the cap space or Dean Lowry is cut to make it work. Its the way of the world.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 09:30 AM
You think Rodgers resigns? I still think he gone.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 09:48 AM

If the Packers season ends with another disappointing playoff loss, I think maybe both teams decide to move on. But if Rodgers leads the Packers to a 2nd Lombardi, I think they find a way to extend Rodgers' contract so that he finishes his career in Green Bay.

Something else to consider: There's been a lot of talk that Las Vegas and Denver are the 2 places Rodgers would most like to go to. Both those franchises may have new head coaches next year. Would a 38 year old Rodgers want to go to a team starting over with a new coach? Or stay with a team that is now a perennial Super Bowl contender?

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2021, 09:49 AM

Nope. He gone. Enjoy the 2021 season, Packer fans!

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 12:09 PM

I have been very consistent in my belief that Rodgers has no intention of leaving the packers. He is part owner of the Bucks. His legacy is GB. He just wants to make sure they move heaven and earth to re sign Adams and not jettison him for Love.

However, him cathing the vid changes some things. If Love looks gangbusters and Gutes decides he is sick or Rodgers prima donna act he may decide to show him whats up and trade him to some hell hole for 3 firsts.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 12:18 PM
If I were a bears fan I would figure out a "covid owns you" T shirt to sell.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 12:48 PM
That would be funny.

scharpcheddar
11-04-2021, 02:31 PM
....and nothing....