PDA

View Full Version : Outside-The-Box TE Solution

The Shadow
11-02-2021, 11:06 AM
Trade with the Bills for Jake Kumerow.
Yes, he's light, yes, he is not a tight end.
But :
He knows the Packers offense.
He's a quite willing blocker.
Rodgers like him.
He's an intelligent player who could quickly pick up the TE responsibilities.
It would be a fitting move for the whole "Last Dance" thingee.
Would show #12 that the organization listens to him.

RashanGary
11-02-2021, 11:16 AM
Lazard already does TE responsibilities. Just lean on Lazard as a TE more and play Cobb a little more at WR

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Trade with the Bills for Jake Kumerow.
Yes, he's light, yes, he is not a tight end.
But :
He knows the Packers offense.
He's a quite willing blocker.
Rodgers like him.
He's an intelligent player who could quickly pick up the TE responsibilities.
It would be a fitting move for the whole "Last Dance" thingee.
Would show #12 that the organization listens to him.

:)

texaspackerbacker
11-02-2021, 11:54 AM
That's out of the box all right hahahaha, and I'd be all for it. But I very much doubt it happens.

Lazard being even more pseudo-TE than he has been, like RG says, is more likely. I think we see Malik Taylor and Amari Rodgers more. Amari looked good last week and played some at the same time as Cobb. Taylor should be getting back to good health after his Covid thing.

And enough already with this "last dance" shit.

QBME
11-02-2021, 02:34 PM
I dunno. Absolutely nothing to base it on, but I got an inclination that Deguara is about to pleasantly surprise a bunch of people.

Joemailman
11-02-2021, 03:29 PM
I dunno. Absolutely nothing to base it on, but I got an inclination that Deguara is about to pleasantly surprise a bunch of people.

I think so too. His career got off to a slow start due to ACL tear, but he's healthy now. He had 2 key catches Thursday night despite just 16 offensive snaps. His snap counts should go way up.

Teamcheez1
11-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Kumerow hasn’t even caught a pass this season. You can file this idea in the same place as the “let’s sign a washed up Clay Matthews” movement.

George Cumby
11-02-2021, 07:08 PM

KY had good things to say about him when he was drafted.

He's been getting more playing time as the season has progressed.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

KYPack
11-02-2021, 07:30 PM
KY had good things to say about him when he was drafted.

He's been getting more playing time as the season has progressed.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

He was a standout at UC, both from a leadership and hustle role for that team. I was expecting him to flash earlier than he has, but he's not going to show leadership on this team. You've got Tonyan coming into his own and Cedes Lewis as the senior big dog.

DeGuara made a splash with UC based on a hustle play he made on an interception, of all things.

In fact I've been expecting him to stand out more, but the game is still a little fast for him.

Now is the time for the kid to show and play.

I sure hope he gets it done.

run pMc
11-03-2021, 07:05 AM
Lazard > Kumerow. No need to bring in another WR. They'll use Deguara and Dafney a lot, but they do lack the 6-5 athletic pass-catching TE that Tonyan is (and Jace was supposed to be).

Agree with KY. I liked Deguara as a prospect, and getting injured so early last year hurt his development. This will be his chance. I got the impression from his UC tape that he was seen as a leader on that team and something of a go-to guy in the RZ and was athletic enough to go up the seam, etc. That was college though -- I'm not sure he's athletic enough to do that consistently in the pros but he's a versatile player and a good depth piece at a minimum.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 08:58 AM
He was a standout at UC, both from a leadership and hustle role for that team. I was expecting him to flash earlier than he has, but he's not going to show leadership on this team. You've got Tonyan coming into his own and Cedes Lewis as the senior big dog.

DeGuara made a splash with UC based on a hustle play he made on an interception, of all things.

In fact I've been expecting him to stand out more, but the game is still a little fast for him.

Now is the time for the kid to show and play.

I sure hope he gets it done.

Like George, I had KY's assessment of Deguara floating around in the back of my mind when B-Ton got hurt. I admit to being a little disappointed that Deguara seems to get yelled at for lining up incorrectly more often than you'd think for a guy who is in his second year in the system (injured or not, shouldn't you know where to line up?). The physical limitations due to his injury I can understand - he may not be fully recovered. But the mental stuff, for a guy who is supposed to be smart and a leader, is a bit puzzling.

Still, KY spoke pretty highly of the guy's receiving skills, so I hope that The Flower will try him as more than just an H-back blocker.