PDA

View Full Version : New Long Snapper

KYPack
11-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Today the Pack released their long snapper of the last 56 games, Hunter Bradley

They signed Steven Wirtel off their practice squad.

I like the idea of some activity to keep everybody alive. I can't say I noticed any performance issues from a snapping perspective.

Have any locals on here heard any scuttlebutt on this issue?

Joemailman
11-02-2021, 08:11 PM
Bradley was certainly shaky last year. He had a number of bad snaps saved by the holder. Don't know if his snaps were seen as a part of the kicker problems this year. The fact that the Packers kept a LS on the practice squad all year suggests his job was never secure.

Fritz
11-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Today the Pack released their long snapper of the last 56 games, Hunter Bradley

They signed Steven Wirtel off their practice squad.

I like the idea of some activity to keep everybody alive. I can't say I noticed any performance issues from a snapping perspective.

Have any locals on here heard any scuttlebutt on this issue?

Been wondering the same thing myself. As I recall, last year (or the year before?), Bradley had some bad snaps, and they brought in some competition. He straightened up then. I wonder if Crosby's issues go to the snapping with Bojo, or if Bradley didn't work at it unless he was pushed, and the team got tired of it. Don't know.

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2021, 11:01 PM
I noticed a bad snap recently. I think it was in the Cardinals game. Bojo saved Bradley's bacon on that one.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 04:58 AM
Bradley struggled in his first year, too, and most of us thought that was first-year learning and surely he'd get better, as it's rare for a team to spend a draft pick on a snapper. But Bradley never did really become that guy who's so reliable that you forget he's out there. You always wondered if he'd fug up a snap. I think back to an early season game in which Crosby missed, and said something to Bojo, then after Bojo's response, Crosby rolled his eyes. Don't know what that was about, but it seemed as if he didn't like what Bojo said and the disbelief was centered on Bojo. But now you wonder.

run pMc
11-03-2021, 06:52 AM
Bradley has had issues with snaps each year in the league. He's not trash as a LS but they clearly thought they could do better, and by now he should have figured out how to snap to the holder without needing the holder to spin the ball laces out or snag an off target snap. If they were going to make a move, during this "mini-bye" or the bye itself would be the best times to do it.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Bradley has had issues with snaps each year in the league. He's not trash as a LS but they clearly thought they could do better, and by now he should have figured out how to snap to the holder without needing the holder to spin the ball laces out or snag an off target snap. If they were going to make a move, during this "mini-bye" or the bye itself would be the best times to do it.

Totally unrelated but of a tangent: when I went to Lambeau to party with the people and go to the Loins' game earlier this season, I saw a sea of green or white Packer jerseys worn by fans with their favorite player's name emblazoned on the back. Most were no surprise (though the number of "5" Hornung jerseys did surprise me), but I was surprised at the number of Crosby jerseys I saw. Hell, I think I even saw a couple that said "Scott" on the back (whuut? The shitty punter is your favorite player? Are you his mom?).

That got me thinking about which positions are the ones that benefit a player the most in terms of getting laid by the general populace. Obviously, the QB's and the receivers are near the top. But what about the bottom? I mean, if there are even two people walking around Green Bay with JK Scott jerseys, then even a punter - even a shitty punter - may be able to walk into a bar and let it be known he plays for the Packers, and subsequently get laid. But what about the ol' long snapper? I saw not a single "Bradley" jersey the whole time. And so when a player is in a bar, trying to pick up somebody hot to take home for a ride, and he's letting it be known that he plays for the Green Bay Packers, once he's asked what position he plays, and he says "I'm the long snapper," do his chances go up in smoke? Is the guy who's a defensive lineman on the practice squad going to have a better chance to get laid than the long snapper?