PDA

View Full Version : 12 out Vs Chefs with COVID

Pages : 1 [2]

Bretsky
11-06-2021, 08:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sGARXpW.png

It's hard to manage a person who is smarter than the entire universe. He's an incredibly talented douchebag

Joemailman
11-06-2021, 09:33 PM
your punishment is to read AR's 500 pages of research

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l1Et3ri2xbbMXfWj6/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476y5tyrtltcij2lg3faqyr3t3v35p mkwym0urwoqc&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

smuggler
11-06-2021, 10:12 PM
Part of the reason why Nichols is such a useless little bitch is that no one is obliged to accept an opinion just because it comes from a vetted authority. It is the responsibility of the authority to show, with means other than their (quite well deserved, in most all cases) rank, why their position is best. If they can't do that regularly, then they are no true authority any longer and beyond just that...they are culpable for that failure.

MadScientist
11-06-2021, 11:42 PM
So he 'does his research', ignores effective vaccines and puts in with proven-to-be-placebos homeopathic quackery. He also claimed he didn't lie because there would be a negative reaction to saying he was unvaccinated. Something is just not right with his mind.

smuggler
11-07-2021, 01:23 AM
Well considering Wilson, Brady, and Brees all have business ventures into quackery, and all have CTE to one degree or another, should we be surprised about Rodgers doing so?

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 08:05 AM
What do you mean when you say "CTE", because the only thing I found when I Googled it really doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard about Wilson, Brady, or Brees?

bobblehead
11-07-2021, 08:19 AM
No thanks. I'll just wear a mask.

Did you know OSHA is very clear that a mask does NOT stop asbestos particals which are 50X the size of a virus? But its defs powerful in stopping the spread....expertise indeed.

bobblehead
11-07-2021, 08:21 AM
It's hard to manage a person who is smarter than the entire universe. He's an incredibly talented douchebag

Your universe. There is an entire universe of people who disagree that are silenced and cancelled the minute they open their mouth. Experts and medical professionals even. However I do agree that Fauci has been spot on with everything he has said from the beginning so you should probably listen to him.

bobblehead
11-07-2021, 08:23 AM
So he 'does his research', ignores effective vaccines and puts in with proven-to-be-placebos homeopathic quackery. He also claimed he didn't lie because there would be a negative reaction to saying he was unvaccinated. Something is just not right with his mind.

Can I ask everyone ONE simple question. If the vaccine is so safe (and effective is debateable) why has the federal government granted immunity from liability to all the vaccine makers. If they removed that immunity it would ease the mind of many people.

bobblehead
11-07-2021, 08:24 AM
Well considering Wilson, Brady, and Brees all have business ventures into quackery, and all have CTE to one degree or another, should we be surprised about Rodgers doing so?

Since 70% of the NFL is vaccinated and they all have CTE should we all assume that they are morons and clueless about their choices and probably made the wrong one?

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2021, 08:41 AM
Did you know OSHA is very clear that a mask does NOT stop asbestos particals which are 50X the size of a virus? But its defs powerful in stopping the spread....expertise indeed.

Masks aren't attempting to filter out all the virus particles. They are most effective at reducing the velocity of the gas coming out of your maw, reducing spread. I suppose this basic fact didn't make it into the final edit of Arod's 500-page Encyclopedia of Covid Knowledge.

Can you imagine how the NFL medical board reacted to Rodger's educational tome? They were probably caught somewhere between laughter and horror. After watching AR's rant, it's pretty obvious he doesn't know jack shit. He repeats one misconception after another.

Interesting story in WSJ. Turns out that hospitalized patients with previous infections (natural immunity folk) are five times more common than vaccinated patients. True even though there are far more vaccinated people out there.
Study of Hospitalized Covid-19 Patients Shows Vaccination Is Better Guard Than Prior Infection.
CDC research adds to body of knowledge demonstrating strength of vaccines against contracting the disease (https://www.wsj.com/articles/study-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-shows-vaccination-is-better-guard-than-prior-infection-11635543610)

edit: to extent masks are filtering, they're blocking tiny water droplets. Tiny, but still several orders of magnitude bigger than a virus.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-07-2021, 09:01 AM
The “goddamned” media sure as fuck is crucifying ‘Butte.’ Top 6 or 10 articles of Gannett-owned USA Today’s NFL section are about the error of Butte’s ways.

Imma enjoy whatever time Butte has left in the Green and Musta Yella, cos, I sure as fuck am gonna miss him when he’s donning purple.

smuggler
11-07-2021, 09:13 AM
To be fair, the NFL's medical experts probably suck. Mostly lawyer types, not research guys or clinical experts. But the only thing I'm basing that on is the shitty WFT medical staff of recent history and the staph infection fiasco from TB about 15 or so years back.

ThunderDan
11-07-2021, 09:17 AM
Your universe. There is an entire universe of people who disagree that are silenced and cancelled the minute they open their mouth. Experts and medical professionals even. However I do agree that Fauci has been spot on with everything he has said from the beginning so you should probably listen to him.

Yet some how we have heard all of their stories. This cancelled shit is bullshit. We have heard what they have to say and then they complain they are being silenced. That means they weren’t cancelled. We heard what they said. To expect there will be no reaction or consequences to what you do or say is childish and not realistic.

But we have certainly heard them. There voice was heard.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-07-2021, 09:20 AM
To be fair, the NFL's medical experts probably suck. Mostly lawyer types, not research guys or clinical experts. But the only thing I'm basing that on is the shitty WFT medical staff of recent history and the staph infection fiasco from TB about 15 or so years back.

“Concussion is a myth.” - NFL Doctors, once upon a fucking time.

Doctors will say whatever the fat pigs are paying them to say.

smuggler
11-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Best point you've ever fucking made, whitebeard.

Fosco33
11-07-2021, 10:50 AM
Masks aren't attempting to filter out all the virus particles. They are most effective at reducing the velocity of the gas coming out of your maw, reducing spread. I suppose this basic fact didn't make it into the final edit of Arod's 500-page Encyclopedia of Covid Knowledge.

Can you imagine how the NFL medical board reacted to Rodger's educational tome? They were probably caught somewhere between laughter and horror. After watching AR's rant, it's pretty obvious he doesn't know jack shit. He repeats one misconception after another.

Interesting story in WSJ. Turns out that hospitalized patients with previous infections (natural immunity folk) are five times more common than vaccinated patients. True even though there are far more vaccinated people out there.
Study of Hospitalized Covid-19 Patients Shows Vaccination Is Better Guard Than Prior Infection.
CDC research adds to body of knowledge demonstrating strength of vaccines against contracting the disease (https://www.wsj.com/articles/study-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-shows-vaccination-is-better-guard-than-prior-infection-11635543610)

edit: to extent masks are filtering, they're blocking tiny water droplets. Tiny, but still several orders of magnitude bigger than a virus.

Besides making fun of Rodgers - again - sure wish there was an FYI thread on this topic…

I’d love to know what you’d admit you were wrong about w/ this as your seem pretty confident in your ability to regurgitate other expertise.

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2021, 11:18 AM
Besides making fun of Rodgers - again - sure wish there was an FYI thread on this topic…
Why didn't you tell Bobble to "take it to FYI" when he posted the mask misinformation to which I responded?
As far as making fun of Rodgers, I'm just getting warmed up.

I’d love to know what you’d admit you were wrong about w/ this as your seem pretty confident in your ability to regurgitate other expertise.
It's certainly true that my competency is limited to regurgitating expert information. And that is bad thing because?

I honestly can't think of any info I've repeated during the pandemic that was greatly wrong. I was wrong in some of my predictions. I never dreamed so many ppl would have resisted vaccination after it's proven to be so effective. Covid vacc is about twice as effective as flu vacc, yet some (including Doctor Rodgers) have attacked it as weak. Many ppl don't get that a vaccine could be just 40% effective and still be successful in smothering a virus if it is broadly used. Vaccines are a public health measure as much as a personal decision. U.S. is very individualistic - for better and worse - and extreme individualism has been on the rise the past 30 years.

Fosco33
11-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Fair point - bobble at least is in FYI.

Just prefer to keep this to football as much as we can.

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Fair point - bobble at least is in FYI.

Just prefer to keep this to football as much as we can.

well, you're right, I am being a bit of an ass. But a fish has got to swim, a bird has got to fly.
If the covid philsophizing is dropped I won't have an excuse.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 01:35 PM
“Concussion is a myth.” - NFL Doctors, once upon a fucking time.

Doctors will say whatever the fat pigs are paying them to say.

Look at Aikman and Steve Young and a helluva lot of others - myth? maybe not, but greatly overrated. The fucked up people often attributed to concussions like Jim McMahon are in his and a lot of cases just drugged out or PCDed. I'm not gonna defend all doctors. A lot of them probably are just like you say, but the concussion shit is a bad example.

The leftist dipshits posting in here have a standing invitation to bring their political idiocy to FYI - where this stupid thread should have been from the start. But I doubt they have the balls to do so.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Look at Aikman and Steve Young and a helluva lot of others - myth? maybe not, but greatly overrated. The fucked up people often attributed to concussions like Jim McMahon are in his and a lot of cases just drugged out or PCDed. I'm not gonna defend all doctors. A lot of them probably are just like you say, but the concussion shit is a bad example.

The leftist dipshits posting in here have a standing invitation to bring their political idiocy to FYI - where this stupid thread should have been from the start. But I doubt they have the balls to do so.

Pretty sure the NFL initially denied the existence of CTE and other long-term brain maladies. If a fat pig is willing to write a fat check, there will always be a phony doctor/expert out there willing to fight for the pig’s lies.

RashanGary
11-07-2021, 03:00 PM
This vaccine mob is just weird. There have been really good vaccines, like the one that eradicated polio. But this one doesn’t even prevent infection or spread. Why defend it like it were a family member?

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2021, 03:04 PM
This vaccine mob is just weird. There have been really good vaccines, like the one that eradicated polio. But this one doesn’t even prevent infection or spread. Why defend it like it were a family member?

hey, hey take it to FYI!!!

I actually did start to respond to Fosco's long airing of grievances in FYI. I got worn out, they aren't issues I care enough about, and I refreshed the page. I'll proceed directly to feats of strength.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 06:17 AM

Summary
What is already known about this topic?

Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 vaccination can provide immunity and protection against subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection and illness.

What is added by this report?

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

Seriously? This is what you are staking your rep on? Covid-19...LIKE illness hospitalizations? What the fuck is that? They just didn't bother to test them to see if they had covid or not? Then they decided to "adjust" the odds of a lab confirmed covid among unvaccinated adults? So in other words, we didn't use actual real data and we didn't confirm covid, but here are our results. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! This is your proof. Ok, here is mine.

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/covid-immunity-vaccination/2021/06/09/id/1024476/

Summary for you: A recent study by the Cleveland Clinic analyzing more than 50,000 of its employees over five months found that those who had been infected with COVID-19 did not benefit from vaccinations. During the study, researchers found that not a single person who had been previously infected with the virus became ill.

No adjusted odds or covid LIKE illness. Want some more?

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/312637

Study based on Maccabi Health data finds that natural immunity based on prior infection offers considerably better protection than 2 doses.

Further, "the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher."

How about this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1012240/Weekly_Flu_and_COVID-19_report_w33.pdf

5.2 million people infected with the vid and 35k reinfected for about a .67% chance of reinfection....and this is a MINIMUM of 3 months after infection as opposed to the vaccine which unquestionably wanes after 3 months.

More:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.20.21255670v1

In all of Israel as of April exactly ONE person who had been previously infected died. He was 80. I can name 3 fully vaxxed people who have died off the top of my head and I believe all of them were under 80. One was about 30.

More from the best tracked country on the planet. Also a country that is all in on vaccinations and was doing booster shots when boosters weren't cool:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.

Yea. You keep reading your unbiased studies with covid LIKE illness with adjusted odds. I'll take my real hard data and shove it where the sun don't shine. Fact check: In the real world people who were previously infected with covid are well under a 1% chance to ever get infected again. TRUE

Fact check: People who never had covid but are vaccinated are catching the china cough at unprecedented levels. TRUE

I can do this all day. I can do the same with masks. I have done it over and over in FYI where this belongs. So come on over, but if you KEEP responding to me here with this crap I will as well until we both get banned for life which won't bother me all that much to be honest.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 06:21 AM
hey, hey take it to FYI!!!

I actually did start to respond to Fosco's long airing of grievances in FYI. I got worn out, they aren't issues I care enough about, and I refreshed the page. I'll proceed directly to feats of strength.

If you don't have the energy to debate it in FYI stop trying to debate it here.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 08:20 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/media/aaron-rodgers-state-farm-sponsorship/index.html

Rodgers was featured in just 1.5% of the nearly 400 State Farm ads on TV on Sunday, according to data from Apex Marketing, which tracks national ad buying. That's a massive decrease compared to the two previous Sundays, during which the insurance company featured Rodgers in about a quarter of its ads.

State Farm didn't immediately return CNN Business' request for comment about the change. However, a spokesperson told Ad Age that it would be "inappropriate for us to comment on Aaron's vaccination status," and said it was focusing on new ads featuring former NFL player Terry Bradshaw.

Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.

If he does go back to doing PC's, that first one will be interesting.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:23 AM
The woke mob was out in force yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhuzaUGKOQ

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:48 AM
If you don't have the energy to debate it in FYI stop trying to debate it here.

I simply responded to your statement, cowboy.

Maybe I will respond to Fosco's airing of grievances with "the left". Problem is that much of what he said are alternative facts from my perspective. The T-Cell fixation seems a distraction. So many straw men, or at best sincere misunderstandings, of what the enemy is thinking.

Fosco33
11-08-2021, 09:28 AM
I simply responded to your statement, cowboy.

Maybe I will respond to Fosco's airing of grievances with "the left". Problem is that much of what he said are alternative facts from my perspective. The T-Cell fixation seems a distraction. So many straw men, or at best sincere misunderstandings, of what the enemy is thinking.

Ha. Please do. I’ll keep this to fb here but since you opened it / I’m not ‘the enemy’ nor ‘the right’.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 12:13 PM

Bradshaw has a long standing well deserved reputation as an ignoramus.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Bradshaw has a long standing well deserved reputation as an ignoramus.

OK, well Aaron woke up with 5 assholes today as Jimmy Johnson, Howey Long and Michael Strahan also ripped him new ones.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Refreshing to read that you call those assholes "assholes" hahahaha. Strahan is an ungrateful p.o.s. - didn't Rodgers once take a dive and give him the sack record at the time? Or was that Favre?

TravisWilliams23
11-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Refreshing to read that you call those assholes "assholes" hahahaha. Strahan is an ungrateful p.o.s. - didn't Rodgers once take a dive and give him the sack record at the time? Or was that Favre?

No. That was Bert.

Fosco33
11-08-2021, 06:07 PM

See how well it’s worked for Kyrie, Cousins and many others.

Kareems over reaction was priceless today.

AR followed all protocols except masking after a negative test giving pressers to a room full of masked/vaxd reporters.

The whole team knew he was unvax - as were 5-10 other players.

This over reaction is exactly what many of us are saying what’s wrong - ie fake woke virtual signaling non sensical bs.

#clickbate #thursdaygames #17weeksandno2ndbye #onlytopplayoffbye #anticte #fakefocusonhealthamdsafety

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 06:38 PM
Wouldn’t it be nice if AR would lose his job and all of his endorsements because of his stance on the covid 19 vaccine?

Not gonna happen. State Farm said they respect his decision even if it’s not the one they would make and after seeing Love, I’m certain the Packers will overlook his vax status and even extend him.

This is a win for the people! Go 12!

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 06:41 PM
Not surprised Bradshaw is a sell out. He’ll say whatever he has to to get those paychecks. In the words of Charles Manson, he’d probably walk backwards if it meant he got a bigger paycheck.

Freak Out
11-08-2021, 06:42 PM
Dude...WTF? This team is breaking up after this year. Where is the money going to come from? Adams is gone. Arod is gone. There is no last last dance.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 06:44 PM
Dude...WTF? This team is breaking up after this year. Where is the money going to come from? Adams is gone. Arod is gone. There is no last last dance.

They can part ways with Z, P, Turner, King.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 06:47 PM
Cut Z, P, Turner. Resign and restructure Rodgers and Alexander. In the words of APB, you just cook the cap.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 06:50 PM
Amos and Cobb are two others who can be let go.

The OL can function with Jenkins at RT minus Turner. Savage will carry the weight at safety. Cobb isn’t much. Z has been out all year anyway. P is just ok. They’ll be fine with a couple moves.

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 06:55 PM
Is there a way to keep AROD, Adams, and Alexander ? That will be a challenge. I think AROD will want Adams back

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Is there a way to keep AROD, Adams, and Alexander ? That will be a challenge. I think AROD will want Adams back

I don’t see a practical way.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 07:14 PM
Not unless Rodgers is willing to take less than market value to stay here.

smuggler
11-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Amos is the best player (currently) being suggested for release.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Amos is the best player (currently) being suggested for release.

Yep. I struggled to put him on there

MadScientist
11-08-2021, 08:25 PM
Can I ask everyone ONE simple question. If the vaccine is so safe (and effective is debateable) why has the federal government granted immunity from liability to all the vaccine makers. If they removed that immunity it would ease the mind of many people.

Since nobody else responded, I'll point you to https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/legal-review-of-covid-19-vaccine-liability-explanation-of-issues/
The highlights are 1) vaccine liability protection is routine and standard for all the routine ones since the 80's. 2)The specific protection for the covid vaccines comes from the invocation of the PREP (passed in 2002) act which was done initially in March 2020, so before any of the vaccines were even tested. So the liability protection is not related to any safety concerns of the specific vaccines.

It's this kind of faulty logic and misunderstanding of the facts that likely lead Rodgers to not get vaccinated and to support homeoquackery. It's cost the Packers a game, and will likely cost him some fines. But the real hit for him will be in endorsements. State Farm is clearly thinking about dropping him as they pull his ads.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Arod made that same stupid argument. Of course. The anti-vaxx ppl are "doing their own research" from same subset of facts. When you hear somebody mention "Israel" (discredited outlier data in sea of contradictory indicators) you got a live one.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 08:41 PM
Arod made that same stupid argument. Of course. The anti-vaxx ppl are "doing their own research" from same subset of facts. When you hear somebody mention "Israel" (discredited outlier data in sea of contradictory indicators) you got a live one.

Rodgers is a smart guy. He represents the anti vax crowd well.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 09:28 PM
I think Rodgers is a good example of the kinds of people who don’t want the vaccine.

The vaccine doesn’t prevent infection or spread

The vaccine comes with risks

A healthy person with a good immune system should be fine even if they get covid

It’s not so much being smarter than anyone, it’s more just having decent common sense and being able to make sound decisions in a sea of exaggerated fear.

Fosco33
11-08-2021, 09:44 PM

Yawn. Just simply Google ‘israel covid’ and change the filter to ‘all time’ and look at the curves my friend.

Then replace the word israel with any other county not named China, New Zealand or a handful of others.

If someone says Google instead of ‘research’ does that not trigger you. Or if someone said UK or other open govts with full reporting… do the results scare you.

You realize more medical literature is released a year than most of the prior years combined. At that doctors ‘do the research’ too. Right? Have you ever listened to ZDoggMD? Super middle of the road practicing physician. I suppose his ‘research’ and ‘facts’ don’t line up with your preconceived notions therefore are ‘alternative’ facts.

And recall - I work in HC and have for 20+ years in clinical settings, governance, policy, predictive analytics and now lead up R&D at an hc AI firm… so I suppose my intellect, contextual knowledge base and decades of experience do actually mean I know what I’m talking about.

Wouldn’t you expect covid to have disappeared in countries with very high vax rates? If not - why not? Blame it on delta or kids (by the way, israel is waiting on the US to see how well that goes before jabbing the little ones).

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2021, 09:46 PM

They'll figure something out. You don't let good players go in a landscape where bad and okay players make a lot of money too.

RashanGary
11-08-2021, 10:20 PM
State Farm has Rodgers back

https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1457740101086240772?s=21

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2021, 10:25 PM
RG, you are such a tribal person. Rodgers isn't anti-vax, he is a professional football player and elite athlete with a dedicated medical staff on the payroll to treat him if something goes awry. That is obviously not typical of most folks. Most folks don't need to worry about a small injection of foreign substances when they're eating garbage all day every day.

Fosco and HH, let's keep it on the topic of Rodgers missing a week impacts the Packers, not on the broader topic of covid please. Nobody wants to be banned here.

smuggler
11-08-2021, 10:53 PM
State Farm has Rodgers back

https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1457740101086240772?s=21

That's fucking commendable by State Farm. I think he's wrong, but I'm not going to crucify him for his decision.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 10:53 PM
Rodgers is a smart guy. He represents the anti vax crowd well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDg4mRwXoAwSXVP.jpg

smuggler
11-08-2021, 10:57 PM
On the confidence/competence curve, there is no one currently in the right ascent when it comes to Covid-19. The only people worth trusting are the ones at the bottom of the valley, not the people at the initial confidence peak. Which is why Fauci lost his credibility with anyone that's been down this road before. He made proclamations from the wrong mountaintop.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 11:22 PM
And recall - I work in HC and have for 20+ years in clinical settings, governance, policy, predictive analytics and now lead up R&D at an hc AI firm… so I suppose my intellect, contextual knowledge base and decades of experience do actually mean I know what I’m talking about.
I never doubted your sophistication. But you are clearly anti-anti-anti-vax. I intend to refer to you as "Mr T" hence-forth, BTW. A lot of issues you focus on (vitamin D, T-cells, etc) provide cover for anti-vaxers and distract from core truth that vacc is by far the best tool we have.

I did a 20+ year tour of duty in medical research as a programmer. genetics/microbiology, then neurology, then medical physics. I am not as smart as you in medicine but am smart adjacent.

Wouldn’t you expect covid to have disappeared in countries with very high vax rates? If not - why not?
Yes. THere are mysteries.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 11:24 PM
Rodgers isn't anti-vax, he is a professional football player and elite athlete with a dedicated medical staff on the payroll to treat him

He's an anti-vacc looney bird. Shocking but true. He's bought into a lot of nonsense. Intelligence does not save us from lunacy. Intelligent ppl often just dig in deeper to wrong-headed cults.

Fosco33
11-09-2021, 07:02 AM
I never doubted your sophistication. But you are clearly anti-anti-anti-vax. I intend to refer to you as "Mr T" hence-forth, BTW. A lot of issues you focus on (vitamin D, T-cells, etc) provide cover for anti-vaxers and distract from core truth that vacc is by far the best tool we have.

I did a 20+ year tour of duty in medical research as a programmer. genetics/microbiology, then neurology, then medical physics. I am not as smart as you in medicine but am smart adjacent.

Yes. THere are mysteries.

I pity the fool who doesn’t show humility or empathy given our gross ignorance on full display daily.

I think ‘anti vax’ folks are typically misinformed but the incentives, shaming, mandates, etc don’t influence the way we’d expect and the consequence from many levels may not be worth the risk. Biden’s mandate will be easy fodder in 24.

As alt-middle or loose libertarian - my bias in hearing ARod speak is on full display. But as a curious learner - outside of some of his wackier sound bites (fertility) - I still don’t have a problem with him on this topic.

I take motion sickness pills for hangovers - is there evidence this works, no. Is the drug OTC, widely used and safe, yes. So why do we care how people treat themselves.

RashanGary
11-09-2021, 09:27 AM
He's an anti-vacc looney bird. Shocking but true. He's bought into a lot of nonsense. Intelligence does not save us from lunacy. Intelligent ppl often just dig in deeper to wrong-headed cults.

Lol. You scramble so hard to dismiss this

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 12:18 PM
I'd like to see Rodgers lose the damn John Wick ugly long-hair and beard crap now that Halloween is over.

Freak Out
11-09-2021, 12:22 PM
I pity the fool who doesn’t show humility or empathy given our gross ignorance on full display daily.

I think ‘anti vax’ folks are typically misinformed but the incentives, shaming, mandates, etc don’t influence the way we’d expect and the consequence from many levels may not be worth the risk. Biden’s mandate will be easy fodder in 24.

As alt-middle or loose libertarian - my bias in hearing ARod speak is on full display. But as a curious learner - outside of some of his wackier sound bites (fertility) - I still don’t have a problem with him on this topic.

I take motion sickness pills for hangovers - is there evidence this works, no. Is the drug OTC, widely used and safe, yes. So why do we care how people treat themselves.

I REALLY don't care what Arod does in his personnel life. Win football games. If he comes within 10 feet of my grandkids I'll shoot his stupid ass though. lol

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2021, 01:26 PM
I'd like to see Rodgers lose the damn John Wick ugly long-hair and beard crap now that Halloween is over.

I think he looks good, youthful

https://i.imgur.com/oPWHR4w.jpg

Fosco33
11-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Lambeau Field
81k fans

No vax or mask requirements for fans
WI adults - say 70% (generous) are vaxd

25k unvax, unmasked packers fans drinking, not distancing, yelling/spitting (albeit outside)

And people are ‘worried’ that Aaron ‘misled’ them while following almost every protocol.

We are truly stupid people

call_me_ishmael
11-09-2021, 02:31 PM
I don't think people are worried. People felt lied to.

Bretsky
11-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Lambeau Field
81k fans

No vax or mask requirements for fans
WI adults - say 70% (generous) are vaxd

25k unvax, unmasked packers fans drinking, not distancing, yelling/spitting (albeit outside)

And people are ‘worried’ that Aaron ‘misled’ them while following almost every protocol.

We are truly stupid people

This is his job and he's getting paid a shitload of $$$

As opposed to fans who are paying a loot of money to attend a game to watch somebody who is getting a lot of $$ to do their job.

Not at all the same IMO

Bretsky
11-09-2021, 02:44 PM
I don't think people are worried. People felt lied to.

Most people, GB media as well, probably feel like he's not the greatest human being. He's arrogant and smug, knows everything and is smarter than every human being, and creates his own rules to follow. But because he's incredibly good we all ignore the date.

But the deceit here was too public to be ignored

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 03:42 PM
I think he looks good, youthful

https://i.imgur.com/oPWHR4w.jpg

You would hahahaha.

Don't get me wrong, if somebody looks like shit but plays great - Clay Matthews or DeVondre Campbell or Aaron Jones for example, I can certainly tolerate the ugly appearance. I'm just saying I prefer having him look decent and normal, and most of the young people I know agree - lest anybody say I hate the look cuz I'm old hahahaha.

bobblehead
11-09-2021, 05:01 PM

I guess I can't argue with that hard hitting logic backed by links, data and sources. I feel humbled.

bobblehead
11-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Since nobody else responded, I'll point you to https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/legal-review-of-covid-19-vaccine-liability-explanation-of-issues/
The highlights are 1) vaccine liability protection is routine and standard for all the routine ones since the 80's. 2)The specific protection for the covid vaccines comes from the invocation of the PREP (passed in 2002) act which was done initially in March 2020, so before any of the vaccines were even tested. So the liability protection is not related to any safety concerns of the specific vaccines.

It's this kind of faulty logic and misunderstanding of the facts that likely lead Rodgers to not get vaccinated and to support homeoquackery. It's cost the Packers a game, and will likely cost him some fines. But the real hit for him will be in endorsements. State Farm is clearly thinking about dropping him as they pull his ads.

edit: After reading the article in depth you misrepresented a couple things. The liability for routine vaccines is very different than the one given for the Covid vaxx. There is a fund to file for compensation if you suffer damages. That isn't the case for the emergency use vaccines. The secretary (of health I'm assuming) issues a directive. Specifically from your link:

The statement completely isolates “manufacturers, distributors, program planners, and qualified persons, and their officials, agents, and employees, and the United States” from liability for harms or deaths from a COVID-19-19 vaccine until October 1, 2024. In other words, you cannot sue these manufacturers at all.

So, the liability immunity for routine vaccines is actually nothing like the one given to covid which basically gives it blanket immunity until october 1, 2024. So I say again. If they would remove this caveat it would make many people more comfortable.

bobblehead
11-09-2021, 05:17 PM

He says without bothering to look in the mirror.

RashanGary
11-09-2021, 08:17 PM
Investigation over. Packers fined $300,000. Rodgers and Lazard fined 14,000 each.

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 09:00 PM
No Problem

JohnMexico
11-09-2021, 09:21 PM
As aggravating as this shit gets I'd like to thank the mods for keeping this thread open and not stifling discussion about this VERY football related topic unlike other boards out there

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2021, 09:59 PM
As aggravating as this shit gets I'd like to thank the mods for keeping this thread open and not stifling discussion about this VERY football related topic unlike other boards out there

thanks for baiting Madtown, dumb dumb. Only reverse psychology works on that animal.

Joemailman
11-09-2021, 10:26 PM
Investigation over. Packers fined $300,000. Rodgers and Lazard fined 14,000 each.

They got lucky, I thought it would be a lot more than that.

The source said the Packers' cooperation with the investigation was taken into consideration, but the team was warned that future violations could result in increased discipline, including possible change in draft position or loss of draft choice.

Rodgers and Lazard's fines are a result of attending a team-sanctioned Halloween party, Garafolo reported. As both are unvaccinated, they are prohibited from attending gatherings outside team facilities. Per the NFL/NFLPA protocol guidelines, gathering outside of the club facility in a group of more than three players is subject to a $14,650 fine.

So that would indicate Rodgers doing PC's unmasked was not a violation.

George Cumby
11-10-2021, 04:42 AM

Hahahahaha.

This guy thinks we have 'Mods'.

Hahahahaha.

Tony Oday
11-10-2021, 05:50 AM
So did AR get sick? No. Did he infect anyone else? Not that we know. So what is the big deal? Oh he didn't go with the narrative the NFL bought in to and that is the main reason he lost his wallet money this week.

Sparkey
11-10-2021, 07:07 AM
So did AR get sick? No. Did he infect anyone else? Not that we know. So what is the big deal? Oh he didn't go with the narrative the NFL bought in to and that is the main reason he lost his wallet money this week.

Rules? I ain't have to follow no stinken rules.

Fritz
11-10-2021, 09:15 AM

The NFL is a joke. We all pretend it's a "league" with equal rules, but it's not. And the fact that Lazard was fined the same amount as Rodgers is also a joke - I don't think the dude went into press rooms live without a mask. Is that so Rodgers isn't offended that he was singled out for harsher treatment?

Sheesh. But I suppose I pretend, too, so okay. I'm part of the problem, I know.

Freak Out
11-10-2021, 11:27 AM
Hahahahaha.

This guy thinks we have 'Mods'.

Hahahahaha.

Right? This garbage should have been nuked long ago.

call_me_ishmael
11-10-2021, 11:29 AM
It is so annoying when some folks can't keep their opinion and banter about the vax and covid to themselves. Who gives a shit? There is a gigantic thread about it and it's been covered ad nauseum.

This thread is about how ARod being out impacted the Packers.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 12:28 PM
This thread is about how ARod being out impacted the Packers.

The idiocy of AROD's behavior is a legitimate topic of conversation for fans even if it makes you uncomfortable, https://i.imgur.com/IOqOXTu.png. It's not hard to ignore posts and posters.

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 12:46 PM
What's annoying is that some people keep spewing POLITICAL shit - "The idiocy of AROD's behavior" - and get away with it. I've been burned in the past for a helluva lot less egregious shit. This whole fucking worthless thread is saturated with political shit. It should have been sent to FYI or better yet deleted. And if it is allowed, then Madtown or whoever decides this crap should just open up the whole thing to political shit. This God damned double standard where several shitheads on one side get away with it and others of us don't dare call out their crap is getting old.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 01:13 PM
spewing POLITICAL shit - "The idiocy of AROD's behavior"

not a bit political. Arod's fake-vaccination had large impact on team & fan base.
His rants on sports shows where he referenced a dozen anti-vacc cliches are unavoidable.

Fosco33
11-10-2021, 01:51 PM
not a bit political. Arod's fake-vaccination had large impact on team & fan base.
His rants on sports shows where he referenced a dozen anti-vacc cliches are unavoidable.

I may be in the minority - but I like Aaron a lot more now than before.

Donated 500k to small business relief via Barstool for the unnecessary and unconstitutional lockdowns earlier.
Called out politicians for openly violating their own rules on covid.
Called out the league for their stupid policies - which are all about control and little about safety. If it were safety they’d test everyone, everyday.
Didn’t cave to his own viewpoint - even if you don’t agree w/ anything he said.

Most packer fans are middle of the road and don’t like all the activist shit.

And chances are he’s not here next year.

So ride out the Last Ride

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 02:02 PM
Most packer fans are middle of the road and don’t like all the activist shit.

You realize you are a passionate activist, right?

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 02:18 PM
How would ppl react to Colin Kappernick being signed to QB packers this Sunday?

Still on the Packers bandwagon cheering for the team? I don't see it for some of ya. Hell, some said they were swearing off the whole NFL becuz of some isolated kneeling.

I find AR deeply offensive, won't ride out anything with the guy.

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 02:23 PM

Your whole premise "fake-vaccination", "idiocy", etc. is blatantly political - and apparently you don't have the balls to show up in FYI and discuss it.

If we signed Kaepernick and he was a step up from Love - which I doubt, but wouldn't rule out - I'd be for him. That's irrelevant, though, if Rodgers plays - as is strongly likely.

You are "deeply offended" by Rodgers, but apparently not by Kaepernick - that says loads about you.

SudsMcBucky
11-10-2021, 02:32 PM
How would ppl react to Colin Kappernick being signed to QB packers this Sunday?

Still on the Packers bandwagon cheering for the team? I don't see it for some of ya. Hell, some said they were swearing off the whole NFL becuz of some isolated kneeling.

I find AR deeply offensive, won't ride out anything with the guy.

I react to a CK signing by throwing up in my mouth, and not because of his kneeling. It'd be because if we had to resort to signing a QB that hasn't played in years, and the last couple years he actually DID play, he sucked donkey balls, then I'd know my Packers are sunk.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Called out the league for their stupid policies - which are all about control and little about safety. If it were safety they’d test everyone, everyday.

I expect the NFL is focused like a laser on preventing covid outbreaks. "Focused on control" is a mantra you have stuck in your head that doesn't apply to this situation. The NFL already has control, they are strongest league ownership on the planet.

I'm really surprised at how effective the NFL has been in operating during covid. You might be right that daily testing is smart. But they do have to negotiate it with the union. You are too quick to assign nefarious motives. They are motivated by biz decisions and are not fools.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Your whole premise "fake-vaccination", "idiocy", etc. is blatantly political - and apparently you don't have the balls to show up in FYI and discuss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqNYQmpJZnM

MadScientist
11-10-2021, 02:55 PM

If we signed Kaepernick and he was a step up from Love - which I doubt, but wouldn't rule out - I'd be for him. That's irrelevant, though, if Rodgers plays - as is strongly likely.

You are "deeply offended" by Rodgers, but apparently not by Kaepernick - that says loads about you.
Yes, says he's a reasonable person who looks at facts and bigger pictures, not uninformed talking points. Calling homeopathy fake (placebo) is clearly factual, and supported by research. Acting like a placebo is the same as a tested vaccine is flat-earth level idiocy. If Rodgers had initially said "unfortunately I have allergies to some of the ingredients to the vaccines (slight stretch of the truth, assuming he isn't lying about having a PEG allergy) and I will be following the protocol for unvaccinated players for the best health and safety of myself and my teammates." Nobody would be saying anything about him now, and there would not have been a backlash then.

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 06:46 PM
Lafleur was getting questioned about his players being careful not to get covid. Kind of funny that he said vaccinated and unvaccinated get Covid. It’s a big slap in the face to the Karen’s who suck the vaccines dick.

Also said he doesn’t read the news.

Something tells me 12 has the coaching staffs full support.

smuggler
11-11-2021, 06:32 AM
Davante was vaccinated and got Covid, had mild symptoms. Aaron was unvaccinated, got Covid, had no symptoms. But these are young healthy men. The least susceptible population group.

SudsMcBucky
11-11-2021, 08:30 AM
Davante was vaccinated and got Covid, had mild symptoms. Aaron was unvaccinated, got Covid, had no symptoms. But these are young healthy men. The least susceptible population group.

Are you sure AR had no symptoms? Did you listen to his full interview w/ McAfee? He made the statement "he's feeling better" which leads me to believe he actually DID have symptoms.

Fritz
11-11-2021, 08:43 AM
Yes, says he's a reasonable person who looks at facts and bigger pictures, not uninformed talking points. Calling homeopathy fake (placebo) is clearly factual, and supported by research. Acting like a placebo is the same as a tested vaccine is flat-earth level idiocy. If Rodgers had initially said "unfortunately I have allergies to some of the ingredients to the vaccines (slight stretch of the truth, assuming he isn't lying about having a PEG allergy) and I will be following the protocol for unvaccinated players for the best health and safety of myself and my teammates." Nobody would be saying anything about him now, and there would not have been a backlash then.

Excellent post. And to your point, Lazard, who did not play word-games and mislead people, has not been subjected to the intense criticism that Rodgers has. For good reason.

And to Tex, who claims Rodgers did not lie: Let's say Tex thinks his wife is cheating on him, and asks her if she came "straight home" the other night after shopping. She says "I did not go out of my way, so yes, I came straight home," and that turns out to be true - because her lover lives right along the route home from the shopping. Is she lying, Tex?

Not exactly, right? She did, strictly speaking, tell the truth. But she massaged the words and meanings to mislead you, with the intent to deceive you.

That okay?

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Excellent post. And to your point, Lazard, who did not play word-games and mislead people, has not been subjected to the intense criticism that Rodgers has. For good reason.

And to Tex, who claims Rodgers did not lie: Let's say Tex thinks his wife is cheating on him, and asks her if she came "straight home" the other night after shopping. She says "I did not go out of my way, so yes, I came straight home," and that turns out to be true - because her lover lives right along the route home from the shopping. Is she lying, Tex?

Not exactly, right? She did, strictly speaking, tell the truth. But she massaged the words and meanings to mislead you, with the intent to deceive you.

That okay?

In the eyes of Tex, anything Rodgers does is okay. Well, except for that long hair.

RashanGary
11-11-2021, 09:02 AM

That okay?

First, PFT alone will blow up anything Rodgers. And at that time any unvaccinated player was catching hell in the media.

Second, Aaron misled people who had no business knowing if he was vaccinated anyway. It wasn’t his wife, coaches or teammates. It was the media.

George Cumby
11-11-2021, 09:49 AM

That okay?

Hahahahahahaha

smuggler
11-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Are you sure AR had no symptoms? Did you listen to his full interview w/ McAfee? He made the statement "he's feeling better" which leads me to believe he actually DID have symptoms.

Good catch.

Bretsky
11-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Second, Aaron misled people who had no business knowing if he was vaccinated anyway. It wasn’t his wife, coaches or teammates. It was the media.

THEN he shoulld've said no comment instead of knowingly deceiving everybody. This is all on AROD. He gets no defense from me and I've been one of his apologists much of the offseason.

He's a know at all asshole who is a great NFL quarterback.

I want him to stay because he gives us a great shot at winning a SB and I am willing to close my eyes as to what I think of him as a good person.

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 11:35 AM

He had symptoms and will need to be asymptomatic.

We know Rodgers tested positive for COVID-19 and is not vaccinated. He has admitted to both. We also know that he has had symptoms because he said so Friday on McAfee’s show and said Tuesday that “I've been obviously dealing with the COVID and I feel like I'm on the other side of it.”

Rodgers sounded like he was still a little under the weather, sniffling at times during the interview, but he also said he was feeling a lot better. The medical staff will be evaluating him for symptoms before approving his return to the building.

According to the NFL’s 99-page COVID-19 protocol document, Rodgers must pass a cardiac test to determine whether there are any complications from his illness. It is the starting point before anything else is considered.

Then, it must have been at least 24 hours since his last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, his symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) must have improved and McKenzie must have approved his return.

Fritz
11-11-2021, 11:45 AM
THEN he shoulld've said no comment instead of knowingly deceiving everybody. This is all on AROD. He gets no defense from me and I've been one of his apologists much of the offseason.

He's a know at all asshole who is a great NFL quarterback.

I want him to stay because he gives us a great shot at winning a SB and I am willing to close my eyes as to what I think of him as a good person.

This is an honest answer. And most of us are like Bretsky, in that we don't think too much of what kind of human beings these people are - if they don the green and gold, we root for them. I'm like that too, except that this last incident with Rodgers for some reason just crossed a line for me.

I'm not exactly sure why. But it did.

Sparkey
11-11-2021, 11:46 AM
He had symptoms and will need to be asymptomatic.

With everything that's happened and the NFLs scrutiny of the Packers, It seems like a big hurdle for Rodgers to play this weekend. Not that it won't happen, but I can't see the Packers medical staff taking any slight symptoms lightly.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Something tells me 12 has the coaching staffs full support.

What are their options?

I agree with Fritz that AR is hard to accept. In fact, can't think of another time where I cared about an athlete's character enuf to be turned-off. His pissing on vaccination and spreading dumb ideas is my beef. i can live with the lie, and even the haircut.

AR is so much better than Love that he will play. Rodgers could be sick and tie his left arm behind his back and be better. Not joking. We'd see a lot of shotgun formation, the occasional fumble, yet still he'd be better.

texaspackerbacker
11-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Fritz: Technically not a lie, and there's a fine line between intent to deceive and merely answering the rotten question as asked, not giving additional information. I condone any of the three when dealing with the God damned media.

Joe: You got that right about the damn long hair. Fuck John Wick - a bad look and a fairly bad movie. I'm NOT ok with Rodgers throwing interceptions. And if, heaven forbid, he ever ends up on some other team, trade, FA, or whatever, I'll dump him like a hot rock - he becomes the enemy.

If in fact he had symptoms and now doesn't, that's pretty good news, as the symptoms, to my knowledge, don't come and go and come back. If he didn't have symptoms, theoretically he still could up to ten days - like that's really gonna happen.

RashanGary
11-11-2021, 01:27 PM
I’m ok with guys lying to the media. No biggie.

call_me_ishmael
11-11-2021, 01:37 PM
You understand the media is a proxy for the people, no? We don't get face time with Rodgers, the media represents the fans and asked questions the fans would like to know the answer to. I am not okay with it. It isn't a huge deal, but it speaks to his character and attitude.

I am frankly surprised he didn't pull a Braun and go full Dino Laurenzi defense here. "It was a tainted test, the chain of custodyyyyy"

He is lucky that he didn't lie about something a whole lotta people cared about or he'd have sunk his career and off-season earnings. Braun was never he same and lost many millions.

Bretsky
11-11-2021, 02:57 PM
You understand the media is a proxy for the people, no? We don't get face time with Rodgers, the media represents the fans and asked questions the fans would like to know the answer to. I am not okay with it. It isn't a huge deal, but it speaks to his character and attitude.

These G@d D@m piece of shit ignorant fans don't deserve to dam thing. They are all know nothing trouble making idiots :)))

This is being typed with a laugh and sarcasm of course, although some still selectively give them credit for what they know from their interviews and insider knowledge at times and them selectively don't give them credit or knowing any more than us at others :)))

Anyways, you are right. The media asks questions, and writes up quotes....generates TV shows about the Packers which show the recorded interviews because it's their job....and........etc..........for the Fans.

I give the media credit. AROD deceiving the media purposely was at best misleading the many fans who have cheered for him and had his back. There is a reason he's being blown up nationally and locally by media and fans that have supported him the past. And there is a reason he's self appointed a tool as pretty much the guy who he uses as his weekly mouthpiece. That fact in itself is telling about Rodgers as the I guy he is.

I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers to win a SB so I want AROD to stay until he retires.
I"m a fan of the Milwaukee Bucks to win so I want Giannis to stay until he retires.

If Giannis chose to leave Milwaukee I'd still cheer for him because he's a first class human being
If Rodgers chose to leave GB I would NOT partly because he is not

texaspackerbacker
11-11-2021, 07:26 PM

I am frankly surprised he didn't pull a Braun and go full Dino Laurenzi defense here. "It was a tainted test, the chain of custodyyyyy"

He is lucky that he didn't lie about something a whole lotta people cared about or he'd have sunk his career and off-season earnings. Braun was never he same and lost many millions.

So YOU identify/empathize with the God damned media; Fine. I obviously don't. Those bastards are absolutely no "proxy" for me. They don't represent anybody but themselves ..... no, I take that back. I can't say who they represent in here without risk of being suspended. I say it all the time in FYI, though. It's no wonder why you worship them so much.

Interesting you bring up Ryan Braun. I can't say I empathize with him and his situation a few years ago - not like I do to a great extent with Rodgers. But in both cases, it's all about homerism - what's gonna make the home team win. It was irrelevant IMO whether Braun was truthful or not. Having him help the home team winning was the only thing (as a man named Lombardi once said).

And regarding what Bretsky. I think it was said, about Rodgers vs. Giannis - I disagree. Either one of them, if they are gone for any reason to another team, they become the enemy. And the perception that Giannis has class and Rodgers doesn't? Which media shithead(s) did you swallow that idea from?

scharpcheddar
11-11-2021, 07:47 PM
None of the 12 had crap

ThunderDan
11-12-2021, 12:12 PM
I think Rodgers is a good example of the kinds of people who don’t want the vaccine.

The vaccine doesn’t prevent infection or spread

The vaccine comes with risks

A healthy person with a good immune system should be fine even if they get covid

It’s not so much being smarter than anyone, it’s more just having decent common sense and being able to make sound decisions in a sea of exaggerated fear.

My family has now been been affected by COVID. My wife's nephew passed yesterday. He was 29 years old and has a 6 year old son. He was from the Park Falls area in WI. He got sick and decided that ivermectin was the way to treat the illness. 5 days later he goes to the Emergency Room. Put him in ICU for a couple of days before he passed.

While we will never know for sure, if he would have been vaccinated or gone right to the hospital to get treatment he probably is around for another family Christmas. Instead Christmas will suck and we probably wont see his kid because has ex now has custody of their child and the divorce was not amicable.

call_me_ishmael
11-12-2021, 12:32 PM
So YOU identify/empathize with the God damned media; Fine. I obviously don't. Those bastards are absolutely no "proxy" for me. They don't represent anybody but themselves ..... no, I take that back. I can't say who they represent in here without risk of being suspended. I say it all the time in FYI, though. It's no wonder why you worship them so much.

Interesting you bring up Ryan Braun. I can't say I empathize with him and his situation a few years ago - not like I do to a great extent with Rodgers. But in both cases, it's all about homerism - what's gonna make the home team win. It was irrelevant IMO whether Braun was truthful or not. Having him help the home team winning was the only thing (as a man named Lombardi once said).

And regarding what Bretsky. I think it was said, about Rodgers vs. Giannis - I disagree. Either one of them, if they are gone for any reason to another team, they become the enemy. And the perception that Giannis has class and Rodgers doesn't? Which media shithead(s) did you swallow that idea from?

I mean, no one else gets to talk to Rodgers, right? So I'm happy there is at least someone available to ask questions.

Would you rather the media for the NFL didn't exist and there was only the games on Sundays and nothing else. You never hear from the coaches, players, GMs, etc?

Rodgers lied - that's the bottom line. That speaks to his character.

George Cumby
11-12-2021, 12:32 PM
My family has now been been affected by COVID. My wife's nephew passed yesterday. He was 29 years old and has a 6 year old son. He was from the Park Falls area in WI. He got sick and decided that ivermectin was the way to treat the illness. 5 days later he goes to the Emergency Room. Put him in ICU for a couple of days before he passed.

While we will never know for sure, if he would have been vaccinated or gone right to the hospital to get treatment he probably is around for another family Christmas. Instead Christmas will suck and we probably wont see his kid because has ex now has custody of their child and the divorce was not amicable.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Best wishes to your wife and the rest of your family.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2021, 12:48 PM
I mean, no one else gets to talk to Rodgers, right? So I'm happy there is at least someone available to ask questions.

Would you rather the media for the NFL didn't exist and there was only the games on Sundays and nothing else. You never hear from the coaches, players, GMs, etc?

Rodgers lied - that's the bottom line. That speaks to his character.

Yes. I'd prefer just statements given out by teams with information on injuries and whatever else is pertinent. Who needs those shitheads interpreting, twisting, etc. that stuff for us. As for Rodgers, first of all, we can and do hear from him - every Tuesday on McAfee for what is it? 2 or 3 years now? Secondly, when you say "Rodgers lied - that's the bottom line", you're swallowing and regurgitating shit again, just like you do all the damn time in FYI. Thirdly, frankly, I don't give a damn if he did lie. Lying to the God damned media bastards is a virtue in my book. And fourthly, his character? I am all in for Aaron Rodgers because he is by far the primary reason MY/OUR team wins. A lot of detractors seem to lose sight of that. I think the whole bad character rant is media generated bullshit, but even if it isn't he makes my team win, therefore I'm for him - period, case closed.

Bretsky
11-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Most fans want the media; want to be in the know. Its honestly why the NFL is hands down the most popular game in the USA (along with FF/gambling).
So you are really in the minority here; you hate the media and then you can interpret everything on your own without any evidence for or against.

I want to hear true views from AROD. I wanna know if he's the complete @hole I think Rodgers is, or if he's a fabulous human being like Aaron Jones. But in the end, I'll equally cheer for the asshole and fabulous human being on Sunday's because I want championships in GB.

But my respect level, that is very different

Bretsky
11-12-2021, 01:16 PM

Really sorry to hear all of this; my condolences

call_me_ishmael
11-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Yes. I'd prefer just statements given out by teams with information on injuries and whatever else is pertinent. Who needs those shitheads interpreting, twisting, etc. that stuff for us. As for Rodgers, first of all, we can and do hear from him - every Tuesday on McAfee for what is it? 2 or 3 years now? Secondly, when you say "Rodgers lied - that's the bottom line", you're swallowing and regurgitating shit again, just like you do all the damn time in FYI. Thirdly, frankly, I don't give a damn if he did lie. Lying to the God damned media bastards is a virtue in my book. And fourthly, his character? I am all in for Aaron Rodgers because he is by far the primary reason MY/OUR team wins. A lot of detractors seem to lose sight of that. I think the whole bad character rant is media generated bullshit, but even if it isn't he makes my team win, therefore I'm for him - period, case closed.

McAfee is media. If there's no media, there is no sports radio/televsion/etc. This is a dumb take that is falling apart by the second. You would literally never hear from Rodgers.

I'm not swallowing or regurgiating anything, I am taking his exact words.

You're free to not care if he lied. You're also free to respect Ryan Braun. I choose not to do because he lied - and so did Aaron. I don't think it's the end of the world, but I lost a lot of respect over him. He was too cowardly to own his own position.

Would you want Tyreek Hill on your team if he helped you win? I would not.

Bretsky
11-12-2021, 01:29 PM
McAfee is media. If there's no media, there is no sports radio/televsion/etc. This is a dumb take that is falling apart by the second. You would literally never hear from Rodgers.

I'm not swallowing or regurgiating anything, I am taking his exact words.

You're free to not care if he lied. You're also free to respect Ryan Braun. I choose not to do because he lied - and so did Aaron. I don't think it's the end of the world, but I lost a lot of respect over him. He was too cowardly to own his own position.

Would you want Tyreek Hill on your team if he helped you win? I would not.

To me, Mcafee is a piece of crap more than any media member out there. He's just a tool and is not probing for truths. He's giving AROD a hand job interview, and to be quite honest, the most Erin speaks the worse it sounds. He acknowledges deceit but doesn't remotely show any true remorse over it and gives a half ass apology that is insincere at best. I I I I I....that is Erin.

But I cheer for him, because I sell out for wanting to win it all again

hoosier
11-12-2021, 01:39 PM

Sorry, man, that is awful.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 02:23 PM

Oof. Sorry to hear that.

Freak Out
11-12-2021, 02:35 PM

So sorry to hear this Thunder. Heartfelt condolences to you and the family.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 02:46 PM
So sorry to hear, Thunder. I have a sister with multiple vulnerabilities who won't get vacc.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 03:40 PM
That’s horrific especially with only 4,000 in two years dying in the 18-29 range with covid. That’s three times less likely to happen than a vaers death. Incredibly rare.

It’s especially weird that he was prescribed ivermectin. Most doctors are not prescribing that for Covid at this time.

A lot of vaccinated are dying with Covid. Hard to say if that would have made a difference.

call_me_ishmael
11-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Jeez that is rough Thunder Dan, condolenceses to your family.

Sparkey
11-12-2021, 04:14 PM
That’s horrific especially with only 4,000 in two years dying in the 18-29 range with covid. That’s three times less likely to happen than a vaers death. Incredibly rare.

It’s especially weird that he was prescribed ivermectin. Most doctors are not prescribing that for Covid at this time.

A lot of vaccinated are dying with Covid. Hard to say if that would have made a difference.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-vaers-list-deaths-caused-by-covid-19-vaccines

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 04:16 PM

All we know is that getting vaccinated greatly reduces chance of death, driving drunk is more dangerous than driving sober, and wearing a condom sometimes works.

But who can say? Who can say?

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 04:50 PM
All we know is that getting vaccinated greatly reduces chance of death, driving drunk is more dangerous than driving sober, and wearing a condom sometimes works.

But who can say? Who can say?

The vaxxed aren’t fairing well enough for these analogies.

Bretsky
11-12-2021, 04:53 PM

Your viewpoint is amazingly baffling to me

Bretsky
11-12-2021, 04:55 PM
The vaxxed aren’t fairing well enough for these analogies.

Yes they are; like you are taking an AROD like stance and ignoring the data, It's mindblowing to me how we can't at least acknowledge it improves the odds

smuggler
11-12-2021, 05:08 PM
only 4,000 in two years dying in the 18-29 range with covid. That’s three times less likely to happen than a vaers death.

According to the resource at the CDC VAERS web data portal, "only" 121 people aged 18-29 have been reported as a death due to a Covid vaccine reaction.

This is the link for the database: http://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Can't directly speak to rates just with this number, but it's difficult to imagine the odds of death from vaccine are worse than the odds of death from Covid, at least in people with health compromise(s).

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 05:46 PM
According to the resource at the CDC VAERS web data portal, "only" 121 people aged 18-29 have been reported as a death due to a Covid vaccine reaction.

This is the link for the database: http://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Can't directly speak to rates just with this number, but it's difficult to imagine the odds of death from vaccine are worse than the odds of death from Covid, at least in people with health compromise(s).

I was going with total vaers deaths. I didn’t know it went by age. And yeah, it would be surprising if vaccine deaths outweighed Covid deaths. That’s not happening.

But still a younger person is so unlikely to die from Covid and the vaccines aren’t doing much to help, it’s reasonable to forgo the vaccine.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 05:52 PM
I’m not getting a vaccine because Covid is so unlikely to harm me. I just don’t see the point. I’ve never gotten the flu shot for the same reason.

If I had a mandate or reason to get one, I’d get one. I’m definitely not in the group of people who think the vaxx is super dangerous.

I just don’t think it’s necessary.

I wouldn’t get it if i was older either, because it makes people really sick and I wouldn’t want to get really sick at a vulnerable age.

By and large, I don’t buy into the scary germ theory that they’ve blown up about Covid. They’ve exaggerated deaths and made policies that lead to more death.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 05:57 PM
But still a younger person is so unlikely to die from Covid and the vaccines aren’t doing much to help, it’s reasonable to forgo the vaccine.

Not reasonable for anybody eligible for vaccine to forgo it. You get infected less often and are infectious for a shorter period. So you are less of a threat to spread to others. Reducing your own threat of death (by a factor of 10 or so) is important too.

There is a new vaccine for malaria in children that is only 30% effective yet it is considered a BFD for containing malaria in Africa. All the calculations are not at the individual level. Damping down an infectious disease through widespread vacc in a community, along with other measures, can snuff out disease.

Refusing vaccination is anti-social behavior.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:01 PM
Not reasonable for anybody eligible for vaccine to forgo it. You get infected less often and are infectious for a shorter period. So you are less of a threat to spread to others. Reducing your own threat of death (by a factor of 10 or so) is important too.

There is a new vaccine for malaria in children that is only 30% effective yet it is considered a BFD for containing malaria in Africa. All the calculations are not at the individual level. Damping down an infectious disease throughout widespread vacc in a community, along with other measures, can snuff out disease.

If it stopped infection and spread, I’d get it for the community. It doesn’t. It’s just like the flu shot.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:06 PM
I think generally, a lot of people are confused and wrong about how dangerous Covid is. It’s not very dangerous.

And then the second misconception is in how effective the vaccine is. It was never going to lead to heard immunity because it doesn’t prevent infection or spread.

So I think you’re just confused, HH. You’ve boughten into a lot of fear mongering and media hype that wasn’t true.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 06:07 PM
If it stopped infection and spread, I’d get it for the community. It doesn’t. It’s just like the flu shot.

The flu shot is only about half as effective as the covid shot. But that is still critically imortant in reducing flu throughout the community. I think only half of adults get shot, or was it less?

Can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:11 PM
The flu shot is only about half as effective as the covid shot. But that is still critically imortant in reducing flu throughout the community. I think only half of adults get shot, or was it less?

Can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

It looks like 50% or so according to google.

I think we’re better off keeping our immune systems sharp and just getting these illnesses annually.

What they did with polio was remarkable though. I’m pro vaxx in some ways.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 06:12 PM
And then the second misconception is in how effective the vaccine is. It was never going to lead to heard immunity because it doesn’t prevent infection or spread.

That's simply untrue. No vaccine prevents infection or spread. They damp it down to some degree. A much less effective vaccine than the covid vacc could completely eliminate a virus.
The virus needs to move to a lot of hosts to survive, you just have to break some, not all, of the chains. Plus some other measures to contain a respiratory disease.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:15 PM
That's simply untrue. No vaccine prevents infection or spread. They damp it down to some degree. A much less effective vaccine than the covid vacc could completely eliminate a virus.
The virus needs to move to a lot of hosts to survive, you just have to break some, not all, of the chains. Plus some other measures to contain a respiratory disease.

It’s not working out very well in highly vaccinated areas like Israel or Vermont. Doesn’t seem to be breaking the chain at all

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 06:19 PM
What they did with polio was remarkable though. I’m pro vaxx in some ways.

The polio vaccine in the 1950s was not that effective.
They did actual controlled study where one group got placebo vaccine. The vaccinated kids had 65% less polio.

The polio vaccine did wonderous things because it was mandatory, every kid took it. The virus was damped down over years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1957/02/how-good-is-the-polio-vaccine/303946/

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:20 PM
The polio, measels and mumps vaccines are considered perfect vaccines because they prevent infection and spread.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:23 PM
If the Covid vaccine prevented infection and spread, I would definitely get it to help out my community. Since it’s really leaky, I’ll avoid it.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:25 PM
Check out this guy.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Even vaccines used in largely successful disease control programmes (eg, measles, polio, or smallpox) have required high vaccine coverage, often with multiple doses, and do not lead to perfect durable immunity for all people.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30851-3/fulltext

There are no perfect vaccines. Even highly imperfect vaccines are important for fighting disease.

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 06:34 PM
It’s important to note childhood vaccines for polio, measles, mumps, rubella and smallpox aren’t leaky; they are considered “perfect” vaccines. As such, they are in no way in danger of falling prey to this phenomenon.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

smuggler
11-12-2021, 07:06 PM
.Refusing vaccination is anti-social behavior.

Lol are you serious? Shut the fuck up Harlan.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 09:18 AM
If the Covid vaccine prevented infection and spread, I would definitely get it to help out my community. Since it’s really leaky, I’ll avoid it.

I've been reading about leaky-perfect vaccines and realize now why you bring it up: it is a topic that rages in the anti-vax community. In particular it is Joe Rogan's pet theory.

The "leaky" and "perfect" labels are terribly misleading. All vaccines and natural immunity are "leaky" on a continuum. No vaccine stops spread, they all reduce spread. Rogan says that leaky vaccines increase variants, which has been debunked.

This issue is a perfect example of cherry-picking science. Anti-vaxxers are using a 2015 paper raising concerns and ignoring all the responses.

Recent pandemics have been fought with "leaky" vaccines. The next one probably will be too. Anti-vaxxers assume you are smarter than real experts who are analyzing data with experience.

https://www.science.org/content/article/could-some-vaccines-make-diseases-more-deadly

RashanGary
11-13-2021, 10:09 AM
Harlan, science is constantly getting it wrong. There is a growing mistrust.

Remember they were calling for 1% death rates for covid and that never happened.

Maybe these smart people are messing it up over and over and people are growing weary.

RashanGary
11-13-2021, 10:19 AM
Trusting science is very similar to trusting religion. One study says one thing, another says another and then people are being constantly lead down wrong paths in the name of science. Even things like violence and condemnation are coming from the science crowd. It’s very weird.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 11:47 AM
I know scientific consensus has been wrong in the past. Think of nutrition. One factor to consider is the exponential growth of science, the greater sharing and cross-checking of information. 90% of all scientists are alive today. Science certainly keeps getting better - much better. Especially molecular biology. (I actually worked on software for the human genome project back in early 90s. The bits I learned about science back then are now nothing. I worked in company of a friend who is a self-taught genius in genetics/molecular biology, he started as largely self-taught genius in computer algorithms. He sez the science has gone through revolution in his lifetime, not just evolved. .)

There will be more pandemics in your lifetime, and they will likely be fought with "leaky" vaccines. You are signing up for a lifetime of thinking you are smarter than world's experts.

https://futureoflife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/phds-granted.png
PhD’s Granted: The benefit of using the PhD as the yardstick for number of scientists is that it has a more standard definition across countries than measures such as the number of professional researchers and engineers.
https://futureoflife.org/2015/11/05/90-of-all-the-scientists-that-ever-lived-are-alive-today/

RashanGary
11-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Harlan,

Just a little over a year ago they had limited Covid tests so were using them primarily on the hospitalized. 1% of those who tested positive were dying with Covid. But when you’re only testing the severely ill parts of the population you’re going to get different numbers than if you were testing healthier people too.

I said at the time that the 1% would never hold up. Scientists were on the media circuits saying 1% would die but a little common sense could see right through it.

It’s not being all that smart. It’s just being reasonable. Some of this so called science is unreasonable. And that’s where you start getting regular people not buying in.

See Israel and highly vaxed areas getting just as much Covid. It doesn’t add up. It’s not being smarter than the world, it’s basic common sense.

RashanGary
11-13-2021, 01:41 PM
For whatever reason, I’m hearing a lot of negative affects from the booster. Maybe the body responds worse after several doses.

It’s too early to say getting these shots is the right move. Nothing wrong with a little caution.

HarveyWallbangers
11-13-2021, 05:17 PM
My mindset is pretty similar to RG on this. It's hard to even trust science anymore--when it's become so politicized and dissenting opinions are silenced. I'm pretty sure COVID deaths are overestimated (people with flu-like symptoms marked as COVID deaths even if they didn't test positive, people who had COVID within 28 days of death marked as COVID deaths, etc.) and hospitals were incentivized to mark deaths as COVID deaths (follow the money).

I took a look at the state I live in and those around me. When you look at what the states show for COVID deaths compared to the CDC/WHO stats you see on a place like Real Clear Politics, deaths are 30%-40% higher on RCP than the state sites. The states clearly took a deeper dive into the deaths in their own state, and clearly mark things like deaths from COVID, deaths with COVID, etc.

If the total deaths are closer to 500,000 than 750,000 over an almost two year period, than COVID doesn't look as scary--especially since the flu has killed more than 100,000 in a year several times in the US. The Hong Kong Flu in 1968 killed 100,000 Americans when the US only had a population of 200 million people.

I have no doubt COVID is deadlier--especially for those that are older and compromised (obese, diabetic, etc.). I feel for those impacted--just like I feel for those that are impacted for other reasons. However, it isn't Ebola and I tend to think it's been exaggerated, and I think there was an agenda behind that.

bobblehead
11-13-2021, 05:22 PM

Smoking, driving drunk, driving while texting, not getting a flu vaccine, unprotected sex, aborting a 5 month old baby. The list of behaviors that put others at risk is extremely long, but we still allow the vast majority of them. A corona virus that has a .2% kill rate? Not so sure it warrants a mandate of a vaccine that has had more adverse reactions that all vaccines from the last 20 years combined.

bobblehead
11-13-2021, 05:29 PM

JH is correct, you operate with faulty information. Covid 19 can infect pets and survive in animals without making them sick which is just one reason we won't "tamp it down" or even have a prayer of eliminating it. If you really believe we may eliminate this virus you should be hella pissed at the current occupent of the WH who said he had a plan to "knock the virus out". If his plan was to hope that Trumps operation warp speed would "knock it out" thats a hell of a plan to campaing AGAINST Trump with.

I beg you again, come over to FYI where all this stuff belongs and many of us have hashed most of this out. Some of us have provided pretty graphs and data from the CDC itself. If you participated in this debate for the last 18 months (in the arena we all promised to debate in) you wouldn't be so ill informed.

bobblehead
11-13-2021, 05:31 PM
It’s important to note childhood vaccines for polio, measles, mumps, rubella and smallpox aren’t leaky; they are considered “perfect” vaccines. As such, they are in no way in danger of falling prey to this phenomenon.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

JH...he hasn't been in FYI. He has no clue what a leaky vaccine is because CNN doesn't report on such things.

QBME
11-13-2021, 05:43 PM
It don't make no difference to me
You believe what you want to believe

Tom Petty

bobblehead
11-13-2021, 05:48 PM
Personally I think church should be mandated since saving your eternal soul is much more important than saving your mortal body. Plus data shows that church goers commit far less violent crime.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 07:30 PM
JH...he hasn't been in FYI. He has no clue what a leaky vaccine is because CNN doesn't report on such things.
What I don't know is a lot. But it doesn't take long to figure out that the "leaky vaccine" concept as understood by the anti-vacc side is wildly different and hyped compared to the discussion in mainstream science.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure COVID deaths are overestimated (people with flu-like symptoms marked as COVID deaths
Forget the reporting and various speculations. Total deaths are reliably recorded and epidemiologists look at excess deaths to measure impact of epidemics.

I imagine a million deaths will be final figure. The reporting is underestimating.

There is no world wide conspiracy. Covid is real and a BFD. It is bad for everyone, not a political winner for anyone.

But it is true that this pandemic is mild in terms of death. The next one could be far worse.

RashanGary
11-13-2021, 08:19 PM
Forget the reporting and various speculations. Total deaths are reliably recorded and epidemiologists look at excess deaths to measure impact of epidemics.

I imagine a million deaths will be final figure. The reporting is underestimating.

There is no world wide conspiracy. Covid is real and a BFD. It is bad for everyone, not a political winner for anyone.

But it is true that this pandemic is mild in terms of death. The next one could be far worse.

How many excess deaths came from the policies though. Locking elderly away from their families in care homes probably knocked off a few. Delaying medical treatments knocked off a few. People not going for medical treatments knocked off a few.

Like bobble said, in FYI, when the 2020 death statistics came out, we looked at excess deaths and they were broken down into segments like heart disease, diabetes, Covid, etc. there were all sorts of excess deaths that had nothing to do with Covid.

And then even the ones that were marked Covid, it’s been said, they’re muddy. It’s hard to trust the count.

George Cumby
11-13-2021, 08:34 PM
Kill this fucking thread please.

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2021, 09:29 PM
Please kill it or give me back the ban hammer so I can block these yahoos from ruining the forum. Take it to FYI jack asses.

scharpcheddar
11-13-2021, 09:42 PM
Personally I think church should be mandated since saving your eternal soul is much more important than saving your mortal body. Plus data shows that church goers commit far less violent crime.

They also get killed easier by oppressive forces.
It's why religion was invented. To pussifie the weak.
Make them easy targets.

esoxx
11-13-2021, 10:33 PM
Make them easy targets.

Why would the weak need to be pussified? If they're weak, they're already pussies :lol:

smuggler
11-13-2021, 10:39 PM
It’s hard to trust the count.

The way political elites count, it would be negligent to trust any meaningful count. Far better position is to doubt every count.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 10:40 PM
they were broken down into segments like heart disease, diabetes, Covid, etc. there were all sorts of excess deaths that had nothing to do with Covid.

Epidemiologists correct for many factors when they measure the impact of a pandemic. For instance they correct for other diseases that may be in a high or low cycle. It's a science.

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2021, 10:47 PM
The way political elites count, it would be negligent to trust any meaningful count. Far better position is to doubt every count.

Epidemiologists look only at total death count because other reporting is unreliable. Total deaths are harder to hide, there are indicators. They can even get decent estimates for obscure places like China.

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2021, 12:27 AM
I wonder why the discrepancy between what WHO states for COVID deaths in North Dakota (2,479) and North Dakota's health site. It's very detailed and shows 1,497 deaths from COVID and 307 deaths with COVID for a total of 1,804 COVID deaths + another 36 presumed positive tests declared by health care providers.

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

The average age of death in North Dakota is 81. There has been 1 person under the age of 20 who died (none under the age of 15), 8 under the age of 30, 21 under the age of 40.

scharpcheddar
11-14-2021, 02:42 AM
Why would the weak need to be pussified? If they're weak, they're already pussies :lol:

It's redundant but I'm including those who think they mentally or physically superior

bobblehead
11-14-2021, 10:30 AM

I just saw an interview with Fauci from Friday. He cites Israeli data while explaining the vaccine has not worked as advertised and he made the case for mandating boosters. I assume this means you no longer give credence to anything Fauci has to say?

bobblehead
11-14-2021, 10:34 AM
Make them easy targets.

Sort of like the religious like vaccine!

bobblehead
11-14-2021, 10:35 AM
It's an enigma

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2021, 01:09 PM
I just saw an interview with Fauci from Friday. He cites Israeli data while explaining the vaccine has not worked as advertised and he made the case for mandating boosters. I assume this means you no longer give credence to anything Fauci has to say?

Fauci did not use the Israeli data to suggest vacc is no damn good like anti-vac dummies. details matter.

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2021, 01:14 PM
The average age of death in North Dakota is 81. There has been 1 person under the age of 20 who died (none under the age of 15), 8 under the age of 30, 21 under the age of 40.

i'm a pro-life person, so all deaths bother me.

One reason covid is not "just the flu" is the damage done to younger ppl who recover.

Without the anti-vacc, herd immunity movement we really could have smothered the virus. it wouldn't disappear, but it would be isolated problem. That's asking a lot, unrealistic I suppose. But certainly hundreds of thousands have died needlessly due to stupidity.

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2021, 01:21 PM
BTW, "herd immunity" itself is not that controversial. Altho it is a misleading phrase, it's not like the contagion is necessarily completely irradicated. But the right wanted to achieve herd immunity through allowing infections to spread, the left wanted to contain infections and rely primarily on vaccine. The split wasn't entirely left-right, but the tribes lined up mostly this way.

What a disaster. We have a country split in two, with each side pursuing completely conflicting strategies.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2021, 01:42 PM
Who do I start with…..

RashanGary
11-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Who do I start with…..

Harlan. Most of us go to fyi but he chooses to only operate here.

bobblehead
11-14-2021, 03:57 PM
Fauci did not use the Israeli data to suggest vacc is no damn good like anti-vac dummies. details matter.

You are pathetic. He 100% quoted Israeli data and even said they are typically a mo th ahead of us. But hey, don't believe my lying ears.

bobblehead
11-14-2021, 04:01 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/17/cnbc-transcript-dr-anthony-fauci-speaks-with-cnbcs-closing-bell-today.html

FAUCI: You know I, I have publicly said that looking at the data from Israel that I would be in favor of boosters. I'm not going to give you my age group that I would because I don't want to get ahead of the advisory committee at the time that they're deliberating. I think that would be inappropriate. We have a good group there. I'm very interested to see what their vote is. So, I really would like to respectfully refrain from making an age prediction.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2021, 04:19 PM
Before I blast all three tell me why I shouldn’t do bobble in? Appears he can’t fucking help himself even after I try to be good to his privileged ass. You better hope he gives a good reason for you or you get double what he does for starting shit in the first place.

Freak Out
11-14-2021, 07:31 PM
So many ignores. lol

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 10:16 PM
So many ignores. lol

I should do it, but fuck, half the posts would be blocked.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2021, 10:57 AM

You're right that I am among the most notorious. But you are like a caught bank robber who pleads for mercy because you only rob on Tuesdays.

Bans are fair, but it's not enough. Some community service is justified, maybe wearing orange jump suits collecting trash along the highway.

I am going to avoid the packers for a period while I seek professional care for my Aaron Rodgers issues. No hard feelings towards you or any of the other meatheads who i bicker with.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 11:34 AM
I think only fully vaccinated people should be allowed to post in this thread.

George Cumby
11-15-2021, 12:05 PM
I think only fully vaccinated people should be allowed to post in this thread.

LOL

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2021, 12:05 PM
I’d just move this thread to the FYI and pardon everyone.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:43 PM
Who do I start with…..

All of us Mad. Shut down the site for a week....or move this to FYI where suddenly only a handful of us will show up.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:46 PM
Before I blast all three tell me why I shouldn’t do bobble in? Appears he can’t fucking help himself even after I try to be good to his privileged ass. You better hope he gives a good reason for you or you get double what he does for starting shit in the first place.

Hey, I responded to others. If you want to nuke me, thats fine, but I said it before. They asked to banish me to FYI and I have tried to comply. But if HH is going to come here and drop disinformation and carry on, I'm going to respond. I can live with a full ban if that is your choice. What I won't do is be twittered...you know, where one side gets to speak and the other side gets silenced. If people bring it up, I'll respond until you ban me. If people stick to football, so will I. That is my defense. Its your site, obviously you can run it as you see fit.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2021, 01:03 PM
Bobble you and Justin Harrell along with HH are by far the worst offenders. No doubt about it. Just count the posts and be honest about it. You all cannot help yourselves. I don't want you banned because I enjoy the debate in FYI but I do wish you'd STFU and keep the conversation in the correct place and follow the rules.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 01:08 PM
Bobble you and Justin Harrell along with HH are by far the worst offenders. No doubt about it. Just count the posts and be honest about it. You all cannot help yourselves. I don't want you banned because I enjoy the debate in FYI but I do wish you'd STFU and keep the conversation in the correct place and follow the rules.

CMI, you show up in FYI to debate honestly (sort of honestly), so I don't have a beef with you in this regard. I would much rather discuss this in FYI with anyone who wishes to, but they won't do that. They will post here about it. I don't think that me carrying on a debate on there turf is that out of line. I asked no less than 5 times in this thread for HH, Sparky and maybe hoosier (don't recall with hoosier for sure) to come talk in FYI. I even copied one of HH posts and carried it over the FYI to debunk it rather than doing it here early on. But alas, HH said he was too tired to debate it and then carried on right here.

Yea, you can call me an offender by page 23 I guess, but this should have been moved to FYI by page 5 if it was a problem.

Edit: I'll make it simple. I'll stick to the FYI section for the forseeable future if Mad doesn't ban me. If Mad sees fit to boot me, thats cool too.

Peace out to those of you that don't post there, its been a hoot.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2021, 01:36 PM
keep the conversation in the correct place and follow the rules.

I can't resist an old anecdote. I was living in a basement apartment - "garden level" I would prefer to call it. There was a 90-year old Italian woman above me who blared opera music and got a little weird after heavy drinking. We were friends of course.

She used to store all kinds of her junk outside my door, hidden by stairwell. This was verboten. I decided to put a few things out in that hallway. I guess it potentially drew attention to her sins.

One morning I saw a sign taped on my door in giant letters, "FOLLOW THE RULES, ASSHOLE"

It was obviously in Angela's handwriting, done under the influence.

So I took that sign and taped it over my desk at work. The story brought much mirth. For three years whenever my boss thought I was out of line he would say mock ominously, "Follow the rules..."

run pMc
11-15-2021, 06:08 PM

I avoid the FYI.
The internet is a poor place to attempt to change the well entrenched opinions of many people.

There's a lot of tinfoil crazy in the world; the Internet gathers it up as so much bathroom stall graffiti.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-16-2021, 12:21 AM
Edit: I'll make it simple. I'll stick to the FYI section for the forseeable future if Mad doesn't ban me. If Mad sees fit to boot me, thats cool too.

Damn.

Now we’ll never get your expert arguments on how McCarthy married a “young hottie” and how Stokes prepared for the NFL by playing Georgia on Saturdays. :)