PDA

View Full Version : 12 out Vs Chefs with COVID

Pages : [1] 2

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 09:58 AM
Per NFL Network.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 09:59 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1455910215191248899?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2021, 09:59 AM
Rodgers is one of them.

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Bring on the Love Machine.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:05 AM
Bring on the Love Machine.

If Love shines, might foreshadow the end of the Butte era. I have a feeling alotta so-called Pack fans are rooting for Love to struggle and a Packer loss.

We ain’t need no Black QB in Green Bay, yo. - Tony O’Day.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Wait, didn't he tell the media he was vaccinated? WTF?

The Twitter scuttlebutt is he hasn't been following protocol if he isn't vaccinated. That doesn't sound good.

Man, how can you claim to be a leader and pull a stunt like that? I don't want to get political so I will just say that all players should be informed of the rules and and the players association agreed to them.

Spaulding
11-03-2021, 10:15 AM
Well that sucks. Primetime game against a good opponent and we're now missing one of our best players. Great opportunity for Love but guessing we'll all be wishing for Rodgers by the second half. Guess this will give us all a good indication of whether Rodgers plays for the Packers next year or if as AP indicated, possibly the end of an era.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:17 AM

According Bobble, one can still get COVID despite being vaccinated. According to Tex, this whole COVID ordeal is much ado about nothing.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 10:19 AM
According Bobble, one can still get COVID despite being vaccinated. According to Tex, this whole COVID ordeal is much ado about nothing.

Sure, but the Twitter mob and media folks are saying he is confirmed to not be vaxxed and is out minimum of 10 days.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Sure, but the Twitter mob and media folks are saying he is confirmed to not be vaxxed and is out minimum of 10 days.

Agreed with you that it, if the rumors are true, 12 displayed the lack of leadership by not getting the shot.

King Friday
11-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Based on last week's backup QB performances, the Packers may now win by 3 TDs.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:34 AM
Kurt Benkert is also COVID-positive.

Who will Pack sign to backup the Love Machine?

Spaulding
11-03-2021, 10:34 AM
Agreed with you that it, if the rumors are true, 12 displayed the lack of leadership by not getting the shot.

It was reported long ago (August) that AR was indeed vaccinated. Thus he still has a chance to pass two negative tests prior to Sunday but it's not looking good unless this stems from exposure to Davante or others days ago and then who knows.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:38 AM
It was reported long ago (August) that AR was indeed vaccinated. Thus he still has a chance to pass two negative tests prior to Sunday but it's not looking good unless this stems from exposure to Davante or others days ago and then who knows.

Demovsky just said on First Take that back in Aug, 12 used odd words when describing his vaccination status. Status seems ambiguous now.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 10:42 AM
I think Aaron has built up a lot of good will in Wisconsin with his sideline behavior, etc the past few weeks after having a lot of animosity to start the year.

I think that will largely be gone amongst fans because he either lied or was very deceptive instead of being forthright about not being vaccinated. At the very most generous way of looking at it, he was very deceitful in his response to Ryan Wood's question about asking if he was vaccinated when he said "Yes, I've been immunized".

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 10:48 AM
Kurt Benkert is also COVID-positive.

Who will Pack sign to backup the Love Machine?

Jake Dolegala, who was with Packers for part of preseason, is on Dolphins practice squad. Randall Cobb played some QB his freshman year at Kentucky.

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 10:53 AM
ARod hates Love so much he doesn’t even share Covid w/ him.

Can’t blame him for not getting the jab. It is a personal choice.

Not if he didn’t follow protocol - that’d be a sign of weak leadership.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 10:55 AM
Jake Dolegala, who was with Packers for part of preseason, is on Dolphins practice squad. Randall Cobb played some QB his freshman year at Kentucky.

Pretty sure Dolega is sick of being one week rentals. Don’t think LaFleur is dumb enough to dress only 1 true QB on game day.

Time to get Brett Favre out of retirement. Favre could use extra cash, especially since he owes Mississippi $200K in interest.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 10:56 AM
If Rodgers was unvaccinated and did not follow protocol for unvaccinated players, I wonder if the NFL will get involved. This story could just be starting.

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 10:59 AM
What’s crazy to me… Adams and DC get c19. And unvax players are breaking protocol. Give me a break. Stupid.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:09 AM
StaceyDales

Rodgers August 26th:

"Yeah, I've been immunized —

There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not going to judge those guys."

… “Those guys”

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Do we know if Love is vaccinated? If not, wouldn't he be out too if he's a close contact, which he probably is?

By the way, forgot that Blake Bortles spent some time in camp. He's a free agent.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 11:16 AM

What’s better, possibly coming back after two straight days of negative testings, or being out 10 or more days?

Fucking wanker shoulda gotten the fucking shot 4 scores and 7 years ago. 12’s egotistic decision not to get the shot might’ve just cost Pack homefield.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Maybe he got it from Jake From State Farm and Mahomes will test positive too.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDSBEiOVcAUuUgu?format=png&name=medium

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Wow. I just woke up. Is this a bad dream? I wonder if there is consideration of postponing the game.

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 11:34 AM
What’s better, possibly coming back after two straight days of negative testings, or being out 10 or more days?

Fucking wanker shoulda gotten the fucking shot 4 scores and 7 years ago. 12’s egotistic decision not to get the shot might’ve just cost Pack homefield.

Eh. Adams and Rodgers both got covid. One was vaccinated. Bfd

Sounds like ARod had natural immunity - so I’d say it’s fair to consider him as same as vax status.

Again… this jab doesn’t prevent covid…

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 11:35 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/video-of-aaron-rodgers-at-halloween-party-going-viral/amp

Guessing Randall Cobb is out then too.

King Friday
11-03-2021, 11:36 AM

Personal choice is far more murky when you are an elite NFL QB. It is fine for the rest of us. We don't make tens of millions a year. There is a reason most Fortune 500 CEOs are vaccinated, and not whining about personal choice.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Wow. I just woke up. Is this a bad dream? I wonder if there is consideration of postponing the game.

I LOL - literally - while reading this post.

The NFL didn’t cancel the Bronco game where a WR had to play QB, so they sure as fuck ain’t gonna cancel Packers-Chefs just cos 12 didn’t get the shot.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Matt Lafleur PC coming up. https://www.packers.com/ Wonder what they'll ask about.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 11:47 AM

So, like a hippie, 12 is into holistic medicine. Awesome.

Still shoulda gotten the shot. Football is team game. Take the jab for the fucking team!

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Jordan Love showing up for practice.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/31/11/26626662-8171069-image-m-43_1585649907284.jpg

Upnorth
11-03-2021, 11:51 AM
If Love shines, might foreshadow the end of the Butte era. I have a feeling alotta so-called Pack fans are rooting for Love to struggle and a Packer loss.

We ain’t need no Black QB in Green Bay, yo. - Tony O’Day.

I don't think it's the color of his skin but rather 12 worship as to why they want him to fail. Then they can say I told you so.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 11:52 AM

The Twitter scuttlebutt is he hasn't been following protocol if he isn't vaccinated. That doesn't sound good.

Man, how can you claim to be a leader and pull a stunt like that? I don't want to get political so I will just say that all players should be informed of the rules and and the players association agreed to them.

No, he said he was immunized. Read between the lines. HARLAN...Rodgers is a flat earther who believes in natural immunity.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 11:54 AM
What’s crazy to me… Adams and DC get c19. And unvax players are breaking protocol. Give me a break. Stupid.

The rules are the rules and the players agreed to them. Play by the rules or don't play.

The conspiracy theory side of me is wondering was it Aaron's plan to force his way out this way?

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 11:55 AM
No, he said he was immunized. Read between the lines. HARLAN...Rodgers is a flat earther who believes in natural immunity.

"Are you vaccinated?"

"Yes ..."

This is called lying. It doesn't matter what he believes, he put others in danger by lying.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Pretty sure Dolega is sick of being one week rentals. Don’t think LaFleur is dumb enough to dress only 1 true QB on game day.

Time to get Brett Favre out of retirement. Favre could use extra cash, especially since he owes Mississippi $200K in interest.

Best post of the day. LOL!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Eh. Adams and Rodgers both got covid. One was vaccinated. Bfd

Sounds like ARod had natural immunity - so I’d say it’s fair to consider him as same as vax status.

Again… this jab doesn’t prevent covid…

In 12’s case, it’s not about whether or not the shot prevents COVID. It’s about availability. Back in time for the game with 2 straight negative tests or out automatically for 10+ days?

Sure, Bill Gates wants to control us with the shot. But unless one’s high income like Partial and uses Apple for everything, Bill Gates is already controlling us all via Microsoft Windows. Shot is mostly harmless.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 11:59 AM

He said he was immunized. But he clearly tried to suggest that he was vaccinated by referring to unvaccinated players as "those guys" rather than "us".

StaceyDales

Rodgers August 26th:

There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not going to judge those guys."

… “Those guys”

He did not flat out lie, but he clearly intended to deceive.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 11:59 AM
"Are you vaccinated?"

"Yes ..."

This is called lying. It doesn't matter what he believes, he put others in danger by lying.

Somewhat agree. He said Yea, I've been immunized, not YES. A subtle difference. Also curious. If he did in fact have it before for certain and now has tested positive again he would be the 2nd person I know of. I know there are others. Like 73 people in Israel have had it a second time out of 750k that had it originally, but I only know of one personally. So it raises other questions. Was he flat out lying? Is he a super rare breakthrough case of a 2nd positive more than 60 days later? Did he have some other "it depends on what the definition of is is" thought that he was playing games with? Whats the deal aaron...in any event hope Love stayed way the fuck away from him.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 12:00 PM
He said he was immunized. But he clearly tried to suggest that he was vaccinated by referring to unvaccinated players as "those guys" rather than "us".

He did not flat out lie, but he clearly intended to deceive.

Or in his mind did he mean the vaccinated as "those guys"?

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 12:04 PM

Guess I should read everything before posting. I am curious what he "took" or did? Maybe he eats horsepaste every 48 hours. The plot thickens. And I'm also curious if he actually violated protocols. if so, that should have been stopped a long time ago.

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Selfish entitled prick.

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2021, 12:23 PM
The salient point here from a football perspective - which is the only thing that ain't politics and is allowed to be discussed in this part of the forum - how long will the Packers be without Rodgers? That's all I care about anyway. Apparently, the Chiefs game is already down the drain if these reports are true - which I suppose is probable, but not sure, given the record of the God damned media pukes. Does Rodgers actually have Covid? Or is he just in the stupid protocol because he was exposed to somebody? Lazard is back practicing already - and apparently not vaccinated. On the other hand, Adams was not as of yesterday. Does that mean Adams actually got it and Lazard didn't?

Ironic that this give fuel to the God damned Rodgers-hating pseudo-fans.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Or in his mind did he mean the vaccinated as "those guys"?

I think it's clear who he was referring to.

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 12:27 PM
The rules are the rules and the players agreed to them. Play by the rules or don't play.

The conspiracy theory side of me is wondering was it Aaron's plan to force his way out this way?

Yeah. The rules were clear. Sounds like he wanted to change the rules and didn’t

If they could pull salary for unvax games missed due to covid. That would’ve probably changed Arod’s mind.

But w/ no downside…

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:29 PM
The salient point here from a football perspective - which is the only thing that ain't politics and is allowed to be discussed in this part of the forum - how long will the Packers be without Rodgers? That's all I care about anyway. Apparently, the Chiefs game is already down the drain if these reports are true - which I suppose is probable, but not sure, given the record of the God damned media pukes. Does Rodgers actually have Covid? Or is he just in the stupid protocol because he was exposed to somebody? Lazard is back practicing already - and apparently not vaccinated. On the other hand, Adams was not as of yesterday. Does that mean Adams actually got it and Lazard didn't?

Yes. Adams was positive and Lazard was a close contact. The soonest Rodgers can return is November 13. So he misses this game and can not practice to prepare for the next one. If Rodgers was just a close contact, he would be eligible to return sooner than November 13 with negative tests.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:32 PM
Adam Schefter

Veteran QB Blake Bortles is flying to Green Bay with the expectation he will sign to the Packers’ practice squad and be eligible for the 53-man roster Sunday, per source. Bortles was on the Packers’ roster this summer until Aaron Rodgers reported.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Blake Bortles has made 19M career earnings. Man, I'm not sure that I could get it up for 1 week to earn, what, like 38K? Seems like a big thing for very little return given the career earnings. I guess if he is unlikely to play it's probably worth it.

Upnorth
11-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Love should look good against the Jr b chiefs d. If he doesn't then I am worried.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
25m
Matt LaFleur when asked about why Aaron Rodgers described his vaccination status this summer as "immunized" said: "That's a great question for Aaron."

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2021, 12:44 PM
So we lose one game and get Rodgers back for the next one - Seattle. Bad as that is, it's just one game - still way ahead in the division and a decent chance for the top seed.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:47 PM
So we lose one game and get Rodgers back for the next one - Seattle. Bad as that is, it's just one game - still way ahead in the division and a decent chance for the top seed.

That's assuming he doesn't have symptoms. A.J. Dillon missed 5 weeks last year due to Covid.

Fritz
11-03-2021, 12:47 PM
Blake Bortles has made 19M career earnings. Man, I'm not sure that I could get it up for 1 week to earn, what, like 38K? Seems like a big thing for very little return given the career earnings. I guess if he is unlikely to play it's probably worth it.

38 K to fly up to Green Bay, then out to KC to hold a clipboard for a few hours? Not the coolest urban centers or anything, but what the hell? Why not? Who knows how much of that 19 mill he's banked.

Fucking Rodgers. Just when you start to think, geez, he's really changed, he seems so much more sincere, maybe this could all work out . . . you find out that he was being disingenous (and that's as kind as I can put it) about being vaccinated.

I did not see who the other eleven Packers are who are out. Cobb? Probably Lucas Patrick, who had Rodgers's hot breath in his face a couple times the other day and Rodgers's hands on his butt. Who else?

King Friday
11-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
25m
Matt LaFleur when asked about why Aaron Rodgers described his vaccination status this summer as "immunized" said: "That's a great question for Aaron."

Yikes. If Aaron did not get vaccinated, he is going to really hate the direction this is going to go, especially after his Halloween party pictures are all over the place.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 12:54 PM
38 K to fly up to Green Bay, then out to KC to hold a clipboard for a few hours? Not the coolest urban centers or anything, but what the hell? Why not? Who knows how much of that 19 mill he's banked.

Fucking Rodgers. Just when you start to think, geez, he's really changed, he seems so much more sincere, maybe this could all work out . . . you find out that he was being disingenous (and that's as kind as I can put it) about being vaccinated.

I did not see who the other eleven Packers are who are out. Cobb? Probably Lucas Patrick, who had Rodgers's hot breath in his face a couple times the other day and Rodgers's hands on his butt. Who else?

?

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 12:54 PM
Yeah. The rules were clear. Sounds like he wanted to change the rules and didn’t

If they could pull salary for unvax games missed due to covid. That would’ve probably changed Arod’s mind.

But w/ no downside…

If you miss a game for COVID-19, but are vaccinated, you still get paid.

If you miss a game due to COVID-19 and are unvaccinated. No $$$ that game.

CaptainKickass
11-03-2021, 12:57 PM
I'm personally looking forward to more of this:

Adapt
Improvise
Overcome

LaFleur has been mentioned as a candidate for coach of the year. I'm just gonna relax and see what he and the rest of the team put together. It could be fun.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled whining and crying about millionaires and their healthcare choices in relation to their employer's policy.

hoosier
11-03-2021, 12:58 PM
?

See thread title.

hoosier
11-03-2021, 12:59 PM
I'm personally looking forward to more of this:

Adapt
Improvise
Overcome

At first I thought you were talking about 12 spin doctoring his vaccine status. :)

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 01:01 PM
response to Ryan Wood's question about asking if he was vaccinated when he said "Yes, I've been immunized".

ivermectin, Wilbur

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2021, 01:03 PM
I doubt the loss of a game salary is a big deal to him. Hopefully, whatever the alternative meds he was taking work to the extent he doesn't have symptoms and we don't throw away more than the one game.

Yeah, I was thinking ivervectin too.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 01:06 PM
ivermectin, Wilbur

So that's why he was at the Kentucky Derby.

CaptainKickass
11-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Also, if y'all want to throw shame and blame in anyone's general direction, methinks Joe Mailman deserves some particular public haze for his obviously jinxing, not even his turn to start, bad-juju creating and way too goddamn early game day post.

Official Packers vs Chiefs Game Day Thread
Started by Joemailman, 11-02-2021 10:31 AM

Please delete this thread. Got title wrong.

He fucked around
Now we're finding out

:-)

Guiness
11-03-2021, 01:14 PM
Yikes. If Aaron did not get vaccinated, he is going to really hate the direction this is going to go, especially after his Halloween party pictures are all over the place.

With his famously thin skin it will likely get heated. The guy takes offence to it being said he takes offence easily for crying out loud.

His first media availability after this is going to be a circus. IMO he flat out lied with the 'I'm immunized statement' and is going to react badly to it being pointed out.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Also, if y'all want to throw shame and blame in anyone's general direction, methinks Joe Mailman deserves some particular public haze for his obviously jinxing, not even his turn to start, bad-juju creating and way too goddamn early game day post.

He fucked around
Now we're finding out

:-)

This from the guy who failed to make his Obligatory Game Day Post in the Official Packers at Buccaneers NFC Championship Game Thread. At least I didn't cost us a Super Bowl.:duel:

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 01:26 PM
I doubt the loss of a game salary is a big deal to him. Hopefully, whatever the alternative meds he was taking work to the extent he doesn't have symptoms and we don't throw away more than the one game.

Yeah, I was thinking ivervectin too.

Ivermectin is a parasitic drug. IE give to dogs to prevent heart worm, horses even people with certain parasitic infestations.

Covid-19 is not a parasite, it is a virus.

Supposedly, Mike Florio says that Aaron Rodgers likes to think of himself as the smartest man in the room. Apparently the rest of the room is filled with women.

Guiness
11-03-2021, 01:30 PM

succinctly put tex.

I think the fallout is going to be that Rodgers gets suspended. He flagrantly broke Covid related protocols that the NFLPA agreed to. He asked for a special exemption and it was denied; end of story.

There is video of him standing on the sidelines without a mask. Mostly I'm shocked the NFL didn't do something about it before now, that is very odd. He should have been fined weeks ago but someone chose to ignore it.

Guiness
11-03-2021, 01:36 PM
This from the guy who failed to make his Obligatory Game Day Post in the Official Packers at Buccaneers NFC Championship Game Thread. At least I didn't cost us a Super Bowl.:duel:

Oh, burn!

Guiness
11-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Ivermectin is a parasitic drug. IE give to dogs to prevent heart worm, horses even people with certain parasitic infestations.

Supposedly, Mike Florio says that Aaron Rodgers likes to think of himself as the smartest man in the room. Apparently the rest of the room is filled with women.

Please don't go down that path Sparkey, I want this thread to stay in the main forum and talking about what may or may not, will or will not, etc or etc not work for Covid is a sure fire way to get it moved!

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2021, 01:44 PM
succinctly put tex.

I think the fallout is going to be that Rodgers gets suspended. He flagrantly broke Covid related protocols that the NFLPA agreed to. He asked for a special exemption and it was denied; end of story.

There is video of him standing on the sidelines without a mask. Mostly I'm shocked the NFL didn't do something about it before now, that is very odd. He should have been fined weeks ago but someone chose to ignore it.

I suppose some shitheads in here would like that - pseudo-fans like I said.

If there is no requirement in the NFL to get vaccinated, how in the hell do you think he violated it. Lying to the God damned media? Even if it's construed that he did, that's not cause for a suspension.

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2021, 01:45 PM
succinctly put tex.

I don't know what's right, but Rappaport was on McAfee's show and said he's not really sure if he DID break protocol. He stated a mask isn't necessary on the sidelines during a game as it's outdoors and that he DID wear a mask all throughout Packer facilities. The one I'd need explanation on his pressers.

NewsBruin
11-03-2021, 01:47 PM
See thread title.

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/ only shows Davante and Benkert on Covid reserves.

From the Packers lead story: (https://www.packers.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-out-this-week-length-of-absence-unknown)

Receiver Davante Adams and defensive coordinator Joe Barry also remain out due to COVID protocols, but LaFleur said he was hoping the team would get both back on Thursday.

With Rodgers and practice-squad QB Kurt Benkert both now on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team is looking to sign another quarterback to back up Love this week. Jake Dolegala and Blake Bortles are two QBs who spent time with the Packers during the offseason who could be under consideration.

For now, LaFleur said Love would probably have to take all the reps with the No. 1 offense as well as the scout team snaps in practice because there are no other QBs available.

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 02:35 PM
I’m excited to see Love in action. At least we have most of a week to prepare for Love.

Kudos to Rodgers for standing up for what he believes against a ridiculous sheep-like, herd mentality. It’s only football. Relax.

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 02:36 PM
https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/ only shows Davante and Benkert on Covid reserves.

From the Packers lead story: (https://www.packers.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-out-this-week-length-of-absence-unknown)

Receiver Davante Adams and defensive coordinator Joe Barry also remain out due to COVID protocols, but LaFleur said he was hoping the team would get both back on Thursday.

With Rodgers and practice-squad QB Kurt Benkert both now on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team is looking to sign another quarterback to back up Love this week. Jake Dolegala and Blake Bortles are two QBs who spent time with the Packers during the offseason who could be under consideration.

For now, LaFleur said Love would probably have to take all the reps with the No. 1 offense as well as the scout team snaps in practice because there are no other QBs available.

12 out
or
No.12 out

ha ha

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 02:38 PM

Is that true? I’ve read that if a team can’t play - they forfeit the game and players don’t get paid.

Nothing I’ve seen says a player wouldn’t get paid if the team plays.

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 02:39 PM
ivermectin, Wilbur

His response would show he’s previously had covid. Is there something that says he took Ivermectin?

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 02:40 PM
Is that true? I’ve read that if a team can’t play - they forfeit the game and players don’t get paid.

Nothing I’ve seen says a player wouldn’t get paid if the team plays.

Oops, you are correct. That is only if a game is a forfeit. Good thing I've never thought of myself as the smartest person in the room! :lol:

Guiness
11-03-2021, 02:52 PM
I suppose some shitheads in here would like that - pseudo-fans like I said.

If there is no requirement in the NFL to get vaccinated, how in the hell do you think he violated it. Lying to the God damned media? Even if it's construed that he did, that's not cause for a suspension.

I don't know what's right, but Rappaport was on McAfee's show and said he's not really sure if he DID break protocol. He stated a mask isn't necessary on the sidelines during a game as it's outdoors and that he DID wear a mask all throughout Packer facilities. The one I'd need explanation on his pressers.

Nah, I'm not happy about it Tex, I just think that's what's going to happen. There is no requirement to get vaccinated but there is a requirement, which the NFLPA agreed to, to follow various protocols set out. That's what I think he violated, but McBucky says no?

Suds - Rappaport stated a mask isn't necessary on the sidelines for an outdoor game? I wouldn't take his words as accurate too quickly.
I thought the protocol was they were required by un-vaccinated players on the sidelines, I didn't think the venue mattered. It would be odd if they differentiated because then they would have to make a statment about individual stadiums. No mask required at Lambeau but need one at Ford Field? What about the new stadium in LA, where does it fall? Would be a mess to sort that all out and respond to the inevitable bickering over it.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 03:07 PM

Does that give us a couple million in cap relief??

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 03:08 PM
So that's why he was at the Kentucky Derby.

LOL....post of the thread!!

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 03:15 PM
succinctly put tex.

Or, has the NFL fined him $14,600 for each violation as per the agreement with the NFLPA and then winked and nodded while allowing him to pretend to be vaccinated? We don't know the answer to that, but I have a huge question. If the NFL KNEW he wasn't vaccinated (and they had to) why was he giving pressers without a mask and nobody said a word??

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 03:15 PM

Yea...how about you step into the other room for this stuff.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 03:20 PM
His response would show he’s previously had covid. Is there something that says he took Ivermectin?

His response is too vague to interpret. Most of chatter/reports sez he was vacced.

NewsBruin
11-03-2021, 03:25 PM
I read from NFL.com (https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-play-in-week-9-ver) that Rodgers went with the league's Unvaccinated protocols, so I don't think we'll see any fines or finger-wagging from the team or NFL (unless someone can point to an example of him flouting it, possibly in a press-conference setting, where he's been unmasked).

Also, the article said that Rodgers' personal physician gave him a "Homeopathic" Covid alternative to raise antibodies, so I doubt it's Ivermectin, but a different variant of Woo.

EDIT: I found the NFL.com story that TheScore cited, so I wanted to cut the telephone game a few links.)

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Wtf
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-wanted-nfl-to-approve-his-vaccine-alternative/&ved=2ahUKEwjfkLTHgv3zAhVYaM0KHf0BDYcQr_oDKAB6BAgGE AE&usg=AOvVaw1CK9KITZWx3ralH2vxlmzB

The news of his COVID-19 diagnosis and true vaccination status comes after Rodgers dressed up as John Wick for Halloween and partied with Packers teammates over the weekend, paving the way for a potentially wide ripple effect.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 03:28 PM
I read from Yahoo or TheScore (Canadian, but probably pulling from AP) that Rodgers went with the league's Unvaccinated protocols, so I don't think we'll see any fines or finger-wagging from the team or NFL.

Also, one of the stories has said that Rodgers' personal physician gave him a "Homeopathic" Covid alternative, so I doubt it's Ivermectin, but a different variant of Woo.

I was joking about ivermectin but the homeopathic treatment is even weirder.

hoosier
11-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Wtf
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-wanted-nfl-to-approve-his-vaccine-alternative/&ved=2ahUKEwjfkLTHgv3zAhVYaM0KHf0BDYcQr_oDKAB6BAgGE AE&usg=AOvVaw1CK9KITZWx3ralH2vxlmzB

I think the proper response is, WAA: What an asshole.

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 03:32 PM
Yea...how about you step into the other room for this stuff.

Someone mentioned Ivermectin. I give the stuff to my dogs to prevent parasitic heartworm infections. Nothing I posted is factually wrong or even misleading.

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 03:36 PM
Someone mentioned Ivermectin. I give the stuff to my dogs to prevent parasitic heartworm infections. Nothing I posted is factually wrong or even misleading.

It’s also been repurposed as an anti viral medication over the last few years. A lot of medications are found to have multiple uses.

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2021, 03:43 PM
Nah, I'm not happy about it Tex, I just think that's what's going to happen. There is no requirement to get vaccinated but there is a requirement, which the NFLPA agreed to, to follow various protocols set out. That's what I think he violated, but McBucky says no?

Suds - Rappaport stated a mask isn't necessary on the sidelines for an outdoor game? I wouldn't take his words as accurate too quickly.
I thought the protocol was they were required by un-vaccinated players on the sidelines, I didn't think the venue mattered. It would be odd if they differentiated because then they would have to make a statment about individual stadiums. No mask required at Lambeau but need one at Ford Field? What about the new stadium in LA, where does it fall? Would be a mess to sort that all out and respond to the inevitable bickering over it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Rappaport knows for sure, but here's the discussion about it. Ian comes on around the 5:48 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzdE_ybSF3Q&t=437s

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Looks like the NFL will eventually have something to say about this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDTAOZdWQAM_d_U?format=jpg&name=small

Guiness
11-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if Rappaport knows for sure, but here's the discussion about it. Ian comes on around the 5:48 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzdE_ybSF3Q&t=437s

Looks like the mask are not be required for active players on game day

Active players are not subject to wearing a mask on the sideline at games, unless local government indicates otherwise. Players are also not required to wear a mask during outdoor practices (during stretching, warmups, walk-throughs) or in the "bubble" of a large indoor facility such as the Don Hutson Center. Players who aren't vaccinated must, however, wear masks for indoor walk-throughs.
source: https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/11/03/how-covid-19-protocols-work-nfl-aaron-rodgers-goes-covid-list/6268739001/

He might still be on the hook for the 3 preseason games he was on the sidelines for and inactive. Wonder if he was fined, and if so how did we not hear about it?

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 04:26 PM
And you eat dog food. And nothing I just said is factually wrong or misleading.

beveaux1
11-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Looks like the NFL will eventually have something to say about this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDTAOZdWQAM_d_U?format=jpg&name=small

Is one of the penalties for the team loss of a draft pick?

NewsBruin
11-03-2021, 04:38 PM
That statement is boilerplate for "We have our rules, and we don't know if anyone broke them, so we'll go over everything with a fine-toothed comb. If there's a violation, we'll throw the club under the bus, and they'll throw #12 and the staff under the bus. If there's not, we'll highlight our Top 10 Plays of the Week!'

Don't assume anyone knows anything yet.

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 04:43 PM
That statement is boilerplate for "We have our rules, and we don't know if anyone broke them, so we'll go over everything with a fine-toothed comb. If there's a violation, we'll throw the club under the bus, and they'll throw #12 and the staff under the bus. If there's not, we'll highlight our Top 10 Plays of the Week!'

Don't assume anyone knows anything yet.

Yep. I have a feeling Rodgers broke some of the rules tho. He’s been conducting himself like he’s immunized. He might have pushed the boundaries. And maybe the team laxed a little and caved for him. Even if they made some mistakes, humans do that. It’s a learning experience.

smuggler
11-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Yikes. Unless he was seriously ill with Covid he probably doesn't have long-term immunity. Maybe he had antibody testing performed and tried to use that as justification, but as someone that's had it twice I can say that route was dumb at least in the sense it cost him $1mil+ in salary.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Yep. I have a feeling Rodgers broke some of the rules tho. He’s been conducting himself like he’s immunized. He might have pushed the boundaries. And maybe the team laxed a little and caved for him. Even if they made some mistakes, humans do that. It’s a learning experience.

Rodgers is the whole franchise. Letting that dude play fast-and-loose with rules is beyond a little lax, it's Risky Business®

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Yikes. Unless he was seriously ill with Covid he probably doesn't have long-term immunity. Maybe he had antibody testing performed and tried to use that as justification, but as someone that's had it twice I can say that route was dumb at least in the sense it cost him $1mil+ in salary.

Nobody seems to know what he meant. I saw a video where AR was questioned in August, "Are you vaccinated?" The first word out of his mouth was "Ya." Then he said, "I'm immunized." A more respectable answer would have been, "I'm not commenting."

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 05:03 PM
Nobody seems to know what he meant. I saw a video where AR was questioned in August, "Are you vaccinated?" The first word out of his mouth was "Ya." Then he said, "I'm immunized." A more respectable answer would have been, "I'm not commenting."

Rodgers is an outside the box thinker. He didn’t think he needed a vaxx and decided to do it his own way. This society rewards the herd mentality and punished free thinkers. He’ll get no breaks. But respec to 12. He thinks for himself.

bobblehead
11-03-2021, 05:18 PM
So show of hands. Who's worse, Cole beasly or Rodgers? There was some serious hate towards Cole on this board a few months back.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Rodgers is an outside the box thinker. He didn’t think he needed a vaxx and decided to do it his own way. This society rewards the herd mentality and punished free thinkers. He’ll get no breaks. But respec to 12. He thinks for himself.

ok. why lie?

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 05:49 PM
So show of hands. Who's worse, Cole beasly or Rodgers? There was some serious hate towards Cole on this board a few months back.

This really brings to light the types of stupid Neanderthals who don’t trust the science. Rodgers is such a moron who can’t process information, you’d expect someone like him to not get the vaxx.

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 05:50 PM
I mean, everyone knows it’s only toothless hill Billy’s who live in their moms basement that don’t believe in the vaxx.

NewsBruin
11-03-2021, 05:50 PM
That's getting way in Ridgers' head (and not fit for Football Discussion). We'll hear from him eventually.

Maybe he really, really wanted to have his "Jordan Wins in the Playoffs with the Flu" game.

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 05:52 PM
ok. why lie?

He kind of twisted it and said he was immunized. Maybe he didn’t feel like having the media drama that would come with a straight answer.

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 05:58 PM
Here's his whole statement. It's at 17:10 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q213bBrS1FI

RashanGary
11-03-2021, 06:10 PM
So, like a hippie, 12 is into holistic medicine. Awesome.

Still shoulda gotten the shot. Football is team game. Take the jab for the fucking team!

Bootlicker

pittstang5
11-03-2021, 07:05 PM
What a mess!

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 07:10 PM
He kind of twisted it and said he was immunized. Maybe he didn’t feel like having the media drama that would come with a straight answer.

Well that worked great, didn't it? Not like here's been any media drama due to his deceiving answer.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2021, 07:12 PM
Tank or RashamGary (thought you was in the county)?

George Cumby
11-03-2021, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwuoAAA4qm4

Freak Out
11-03-2021, 07:58 PM
He could miss the Hawks game as well.

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 08:00 PM

Rodgers. He knowingly misled folks.

Who’s ready for the 2012 Ryan Braun press conference blaming Deno Laurenzi and the faulty chain of custody on the positive test?? 😂

Fosco33
11-03-2021, 08:09 PM

This.

He’s very sharp w/ word choice.

After watching Cousins get destroyed and Cole the same - why would anyone answer that straight.

He’s shared a number of other non fb statements that make me like non Football ARod more than the Packer QB.

Like last week - I think Lafleur will have a good scheme. Love should be motivated. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat the chiefs.

smuggler
11-03-2021, 08:15 PM
I mean, the whole situation sucks, but he's a human being before a football player. It's his prerogative and I don't think his choice compromised his integrity or our team.

Now, if he was sloppy with protocols and costs us draft picks, then I'll be disappointed, but I don't see anything to prove that yet.

BL
11-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Somewhat agree. He said Yea, I've been immunized, not YES. A subtle difference. Also curious. If he did in fact have it before for certain and now has tested positive again he would be the 2nd person I know of. I know there are others. Like 73 people in Israel have had it a second time out of 750k that had it originally, but I only know of one personally. So it raises other questions. Was he flat out lying? Is he a super rare breakthrough case of a 2nd positive more than 60 days later? Did he have some other "it depends on what the definition of is is" thought that he was playing games with? Whats the deal aaron...in any event hope Love stayed way the fuck away from him.

If you are talking about yes vs yea, there is no difference what so ever - it means exactly the same thing - lol

He lied like a rug

Joemailman
11-03-2021, 08:47 PM
It sounds like Rodgers was observing Covid protocols except when doing his press conferences. Packers had other unvaccinated players do PC's via zoom. I think the reporters have a right to be upset with Rodgers for deceiving them about his vaccination status. Some of them my have chosen not to be in the room had they known they were interviewing an unvaccinated unmasked player.

Sparkey
11-03-2021, 09:01 PM
Does that give us a couple million in cap relief??

I was in error in my earlier post. He would only lose a games salary if the game had to be forfeited.

Freak Out
11-03-2021, 09:05 PM
What protocols is he following exactly? For someone who is unvaccinated he has been playing fast and loose. Especially considering the money he is being paid to play football. Now he can't.

CaptainKickass
11-03-2021, 09:17 PM

Memory jog: RashanGary fucked up the game day post tradition last year and I was prevented from making the obligatory post before kickoff. Week 8 vs Purple Bastards.

As a result, of said broken tradition, the obligatory post was retired for the rest of the season, well before the playoffs. By no fault of my own.

You even opined:

So we have an unofficial game day thread started by someone other than the rat who started the last winning gameday thread, with Vikings listed before Packers in the thread title.

A couple weeks later:

Hope no one pulls a me and fails on the game day thread responsibility.

It's incredibly obvious that my proverbial hands are extremely sanitary in this simple matter of obvious history as evidenced and noted by this web site forum, obviously.

Oh, burn!

You'll be happy to know that I am also currently free of any bodily injury resulting from excessive heat or flame as a result of attempted witty retort. Just in case though, I'll check the fire extinguishers and alarms in the house before bedtime.

In closing, My conscience is clear and I've only slightly enjoyed this clever banter.

Obviously.

George Cumby
11-03-2021, 10:57 PM
^ Hahahahaha

I thought Joe was the one with the memory of an elephant.

I was wrong.

But perhaps your name should be CaptainObvious instead of Kickass?

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 10:58 PM
https://i.insider.com/51e00e356bb3f76868000028?width=750&format=jpeg&auto=webp

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2021, 11:27 PM
Can someone paste the content of this spicy headline's article:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2021/11/03/aaron-rogers-not-vaccinated-selfish-leader-green-bay-packers/6269451001/

scharpcheddar
11-04-2021, 12:51 AM
Propaganda. he doesn't have anything.

call_me_ishmael
11-04-2021, 01:05 AM
Kinda wonder how Aaron Jones really feels about Rodgers. He's too classy and smart to ever say anything and cause drama but I doubt he feels great about it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Can someone paste the content of this spicy headline's article:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2021/11/03/aaron-rogers-not-vaccinated-selfish-leader-green-bay-packers/6269451001/

I forgot my introductory account still works.

Dougherty: Aaron Rodgers' decision to go unvaccinated is mind-blowing and selfish for someone who is supposed to be a leader
Pete Dougherty
Packers News

The rest of article appears in garbage can. But it's just restating the headline in 1000 words.

edit: one interesting new point, Rodgers formally tried to get his homeopathic remedy accepted as "vaccination" but no go. Shocker.

"Homeopathy" is very familiar to me as I knew several homeopath adherents back in late 70s. It is just whacky shit, for instance the strength of their treatments are supposedly enhanced by diluting them.
"Free thinkers." "Don't go along with the herd."

hoosier
11-04-2021, 09:54 AM
I'm torn between seeing Rodgers as a self-absorbed, entitled asshole and seeing him as a saboteur. I suppose there is no reason he could not be both.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 10:00 AM
My respect for Rodgers has grown this season. He got big-headed in thinking he could push the GM around, so that's a bad mark for him. But I still thought he was acting on (misguided) principle and conducted himself well.

This insistence on overriding medical opinion is more of that pig-headed ego. I still like him for his good qualities (determination, thoughtful) but jeezuz what a doofus.

hoosier
11-04-2021, 10:14 AM
The only principles he seems to be acting on these days is that he knows more than anyone else and that the world owes him and/or is out to screw him. I don't see those as especially admirable compass points.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 10:27 AM
i don't know how to quit him

hoosier
11-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Yeah, well, cigarettes stink too and they are a hard habit to break. I suppose that is the way of the world.

George Cumby
11-04-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm torn between seeing Rodgers as a self-absorbed, entitled asshole and seeing him as a saboteur. I suppose there is no reason he could not be both.

I think your first point is on point.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Rodgers. He knowingly misled folks.

Who’s ready for the 2012 Ryan Braun press conference blaming Deno Laurenzi and the faulty chain of custody on the positive test?? 😂

Definitely your best post in awhile. I had some serious Ryan Braun hate for that one. So far, no hate on Rodgers from me (for this). If he tries to ruin another guys life to cover, then he is dead to me just like Lyin' Braun.

I will say this. Every article I read is throwing mad hate at Rodgers, but every one of them also adds the caveat "he didn't break any rules". Even his Halloween party apparently did not break any rules. I haven't gotten a clear answer on his pressers. I don't usually watch that stuff. Did he stand face to face with reporters on the sidelines after games answering Qs? That would seem a violation to me, but again, why did the NFL sit idly by and not seem to address it?

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 11:49 AM
This.

He’s very sharp w/ word choice.

After watching Cousins get destroyed and Cole the same - why would anyone answer that straight.

He’s shared a number of other non fb statements that make me like non Football ARod more than the Packer QB.

Like last week - I think Lafleur will have a good scheme. Love should be motivated. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat the chiefs.

I put his "lie" akin to this, and it plays to what you say about cousins and Cole. Back in 1973 if you were a homosexual, by and large you did NOT admit it. This didn't make the gay people bad people, it made them human and not wanting to face unfair backlash. So I guess your reaction to Rodgers "lie" depends on if you think the backlash is fair game or not. I personally do not, therefore I forgive him this particular sin. If you think that those who pass on the Jab are somehow horrible people who should be shamed and ostracized then him lying is probably unforgivable to you.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 11:53 AM
If you are talking about yes vs yea, there is no difference what so ever - it means exactly the same thing - lol

He lied like a rug

I tend to agree, this is a lie. But I post in FYI where I watch people of both stripes defend blatant lies by trying to parse words. Is it a lie to say ivermectin is a horse medication? I say yes, indeed it is because of the intent of portraying it that way. If you however say "no, that is factually correct" then I would tell you that Rodgers did NOT lie by the same standard. Yea, I think he lied...certainly mislead. Regardless of motive he certainly did...but so did CNN, and the poster who says Joe Rogan or anyone else took "horse dewormer" for covid. Pick your position. I'll go with you and from my viewpoint he lied, but I also like to point out hypocrisy from people who would say he didn't lie if he said something like the horse dewormer statement.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 11:59 AM
My respect for Rodgers has grown this season. He got big-headed in thinking he could push the GM around, so that's a bad mark for him. But I still thought he was acting on (misguided) principle and conducted himself well.

This insistence on overriding medical opinion is more of that pig-headed ego. I still like him for his good qualities (determination, thoughtful) but jeezuz what a doofus.

But what if HIS medical professional told him that 18k plus have died from this vaccine according to VAERS and generally that is reported about 1/10th of the real total and therefore his professional advise was that Rodgers should NOT get vaccinated? I mean, there are A LOT of medical professionals speaking out against this vaccine despite the fact they get threated with loss of license from politicians who have no medical training. I mean, is Rodgers not allowed to consider ALL the medical advice available, and not just that which is approved by non medical professionals?

Harlan let me add this. For centuries "medical professionals" considered homosexuality a mental illness. Now, that is offensive to us now, but it was the common belief for like...ever until very recently. This vaccine is less than a year old and what medical professionals say about it is RAPIDLY changing. Remember when it provided 94% efficiency against contracting the wuhan flu? That was a mere 6 months ago. Now the media will LIE repeatedly and claim "it was never intended to avoid contracting covid, just to minimize its effects". As such I don't blame Rodger or anyone who decides to wait for a clearer consensus. I also don't blame anyone that ran out to get it on day 1. The overwhelming evidence at this point (and we can debate the evidence elsewhere) is that the vaccine doesn't stop you from spreading it or contracting it beyond about a 3-6 month window. The same evidence says it does protect against serious illness. To me that makes it a personal choice, just like engaging in risky behavior that doesn't hurt others. Skydiving or smoking are easy examples. I have no problem if you jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I don't care if you smoke in a private setting or outdoors. Those activities hurt YOU and only YOU. The overwhelming evidence at this point is that not getting vaxxed only hurts you....and even that at an extremely minimal detriment.

hoosier
11-04-2021, 12:11 PM
If Rodgers's "medical professional' told him that then they should have their license revoked.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 12:16 PM
If Rodgers's "medical professional' told him that then they should have their license revoked.

Thank you for making my point. Are you a doctor or do you have medical training? Yet you feel so superior that you would strip trained medical professionals of their credentials because you think you know more than they do. You clearly are allowed to make that judgement of a doctors credentials because you are so superior, but Rodgers is NOT allowed to do the same with his own body.

Think about that for a second. You are actually no better than the man you are condemning...worse actually because you want to FORCE him to your belief where HIS body is concerned. I really can't believe you don't understand what an incredible hypocrit you are.

hoosier
11-04-2021, 12:34 PM
The question is not whether one has medical training or not. Most treatment decisions in the medical profession are based on scientific evidence.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-04-2021, 12:37 PM
Skydiving or smoking are easy examples. I have no problem if you jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I don't care if you smoke in a private setting or outdoors. Those activities hurt YOU and only YOU.

You had a nice, informative post going. Then you made a statement like this and lost all credibility…

See Onion thread in FYI.

Joemailman
11-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Matt Schneidman

16m
Matt LaFleur reiterates that he’s fully confident the Packers have abided by all NFL COVID protocols in the “football space” at Lambeau Field. LaFleur said he doesn’t pay attention to protocols in media auditorium.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 12:44 PM
The overwhelming evidence at this point is that not getting vaxxed only hurts you....and even that at an extremely minimal detriment.

The evidence in your anti-vacc info bubble is overwhelming.

Vaccines have been the linchpin of public health for 80 years. We vaccinate for 24 diseases, many of them mandatory.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/terms/usvaccines.html

The arguments against covid vaccines can be made just as well against most vaccines. "Natural immunity better" is not just wrong it's irrational. Most vaccines don't work independently of Natural immunity. They reliably stimulate natural immunity. Almost everyone has greater immunity after vaccination. The ppl bragging about their strong natural immunity also boast that their symptoms were mild. Science sez this is a contradiction (for covid). It's also true (empirically, so far) that covid vacc works on broader range of variants than natural immunity alone.

I think Packers gonna lose draft picks and they deserve it for letting AR run wild.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Matt LaFleur reiterates that he’s fully confident the Packers have abided by all NFL COVID protocols in the “football space” at Lambeau Field. LaFleur said he doesn’t pay attention to protocols in media auditorium.

Nice try, Matt

Tony Oday
11-04-2021, 01:05 PM
I will delete this since I guess I am not allowed to post this.

scharpcheddar
11-04-2021, 01:54 PM
None of them have covid. It's all bullshit

MadtownPacker
11-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Please lets make sure you listen yo your political betters and make sure you follow all their protocols for the flu so they can steal your money and freedom. DO NOT have a different opinion the science is 100% settled and there is nobody on Earth that knows more than the political elite and their doctor.Damn, the regular posting season had been going well.

So do I ban tony for 2 weeks or 4? Same as anyone else who can help themselves, right stupid MFers?

George Cumby
11-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Damn, the regular posting season had been going well.

So do I ban tony for 2 weeks or 4? Same as anyone else who can help themselves, right stupid MFers?

Things were going great until that dumbfuck Rodgers had fuck it all up for us.

The drama of the off-season was being washed away by a tide of gritty victories.

Now this bullshit.

*Sigh.*

scharpcheddar
11-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Things were going great until that dumbfuck Rodgers had fuck it all up for us.

The drama of the off-season was being washed away by a tide of gritty victories.

Now this bullshit.

*Sigh.*

Actually,in the entertainment league. The more drama, the deeper the Post season.
Favre rehab.
Lewis court case.
Kc player kicks a girl in hotel.
Etc.

George Cumby
11-04-2021, 02:33 PM
^ At this point, who the fuck knows?

Esp after Goodell gifted his buddy, Gisele's Husband, the Owl last year.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 02:44 PM
The evidence in your anti-vacc info bubble is overwhelming.

Vaccines have been the linchpin of public health for 80 years. We vaccinate for 24 diseases, many of them mandatory.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/terms/usvaccines.html

The arguments against covid vaccines can be made just as well against most vaccines. "Natural immunity better" is not just wrong it's irrational. Most vaccines don't work independently of Natural immunity. They reliably stimulate natural immunity. Almost everyone has greater immunity after vaccination. The ppl bragging about their strong natural immunity also boast that their symptoms were mild. Science sez this is a contradiction (for covid). It's also true (empirically, so far) that covid vacc works on broader range of variants than natural immunity alone.

I think Packers gonna lose draft picks and they deserve it for letting AR run wild.

I don't need to argue this with you. I told you come to FYI and have the debate. You are following your religion and calling it science. I am not. I am following real world DATA. Not some theory from a lab dish. Not some bastardization of data from a CDC mouthpiece. I follow data like 750,000 Israeli have recovered from covid and 73 caught it a second time in over a years worth of data. On the other hand the fully vaccinated are dropping like flies at an increasing rate the further out from vaccination they are. And comparing a polio vaccine to and mRNA "vaccine" is apples and oranges. One is parts of the actual virus, the other is a spiked protein designed to create antibodies that defeat a spike protein. Once the spike Protein is eliminated the body no longer retains the information as it would from viral matter. Polio had a 30% death rate if I recall. Comparing past mandatory vaccines to this is a non starter.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 02:48 PM
The question is not whether one has medical training or not. Most treatment decisions in the medical profession are based on scientific evidence.

Agreed. Its just that I present factual real world evidence and the left counters with a study that shows a mask reduces the amount of spit you project. Wonderful, but the data still says a mask doesn't stop a virus in any place its been tried. And it doesn't matter what happens in a lab dish, if in the real world people who have recovered are getting reinfected at 1/13th the rate that a fully vaccinated person is in the real world. Science has to be backed by EVIDENCE or else its just theory. Your ilk is trying to play games with science when the entire planet is keeping data that blows up your narrative.

RashanGary
11-04-2021, 02:50 PM
I don't need to argue this with you. I told you come to FYI and have the debate. You are following your religion and calling it science. I am not. I am following real world DATA. Not some theory from a lab dish. Not some bastardization of data from a CDC mouthpiece. I follow data like 750,000 Israeli have recovered from covid and 73 caught it a second time in over a years worth of data. On the other hand the fully vaccinated are dropping like flies at an increasing rate the further out from vaccination they are. And comparing a polio vaccine to and mRNA "vaccine" is apples and oranges. One is parts of the actual virus, the other is a spiked protein designed to create antibodies that defeat a spike protein. Once the spike Protein is eliminated the body no longer retains the information as it would from viral matter. Polio had a 30% death rate if I recall. Comparing past mandatory vaccines to this is a non starter.

The mRNA makes it different than the flu vaxx, but I’d compare this vaccine closest to the flu vaxx.

Both are leaky (allow for transmission and infection)

Both are used on seasonal illnesses

Both wane in effectiveness over time

Neither could ever lead to herd immunity

Comparing it to a vaccine like polio that prevents transmission and prevents infection AND lasts a lifetime is kind of silly. Polio vaccine also leads to herd immunity. It’s nothing like that.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Damn, the regular posting season had been going well.

Sorry mad. All my posts were in direct response to HH and later Hoosier. I'll take my time if thats what you decide, but I have made my position clear. I won't sit by and let them take pot shots and then cry POLITICS when I respond.

RashanGary
11-04-2021, 02:54 PM
I’m against the use of this vaccine and also the flu vaccine. I’m glad they did the polio vaccine and wiped out a major illness. Not every vaccine is good.

Tony Oday
11-04-2021, 02:59 PM
Deleted

RashanGary
11-04-2021, 03:01 PM
Ban for what?

We’re not allowed to talk politics in the football forum. You brought up the govt and made it all anti govt.

Joemailman
11-04-2021, 03:11 PM
Nice try, Matt

Yeah, that maybe won't cut it, but he does have a point. There are people in the organization whose job it is to make sure that rules for the media room are being followed. That's not the job of the head coach. He has enough to do. Murphy should probably be answering some of these questions rather than LaFleur.

hoosier
11-04-2021, 03:17 PM
Sorry mad. All my posts were in direct response to HH and later Hoosier. I'll take my time if thats what you decide, but I have made my position clear. I won't sit by and let them take pot shots and then cry POLITICS when I respond.

I've never ever "cried politics" about any post in here or anywhere else for that matter. That said, I find it interesting that you complain about a "them" who "cries politics" just after having characterized the posters you're debating as "the left." So who is politicizing things?

The problem with debating is that we aren't debating facts or evidence, we're stuck in this rut trying to debate with someone who throws out disproven assertions (like the one about the vax causing 150,000 deaths) as if they were established truths.

hoosier
11-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Yeah, that maybe won't cut it, but he does have a point. There are people in the organization whose job it is to make sure that rules for the media room are being followed. That's not the job of the head coach. He has enough to do. Murphy should probably be answering some of these questions rather than LaFleur.

This little incident does seem to have shed a very public light on the way that Rodgers's continued tenure with the Pack has turned the organizational structure on its head. Ideally, it would be Murphy who would be jumping to the microphone to clarify what is going on and to own whatever transgressions the organization has committed or allowed to happen. But I guess that is not going to happen if an investigation seems imminent.

On the bright side, losing home field advantage for the playoffs hasn't seemed to worsen their chances of getting to the SB in recent decades.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2021, 03:44 PM
On the bright side, losing home field advantage for the playoffs hasn't seemed to worsen their chances of getting to the SB in recent decades.

a lot better than losing draft picks

the most appropriate penalty would be a public flogging of someone in management. perhaps the most recent hire.

smuggler
11-04-2021, 04:03 PM

I'm so glad that you have no authority over any medical licenses. This sort of thinking destroys societies.

bobblehead
11-04-2021, 05:40 PM
So I just read on acmepacking that other unvaxxed players such as kirk cousins and David Montgomery have been maskless in media rooms all season as well. Sorry, this is totally on the NFL. Perhaps the media as well since they absolutely knew cousins is unvaccinated.

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Are they worried about players catching it from media pukes? Or about the media pukes catching it from the players? If it's the latter, fuck those bastards.

smuggler
11-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Well, the mask doesn't protect its wearer, so...

MadtownPacker
11-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Actually,in the entertainment league. The more drama, the deeper the Post season.
Favre rehab.
Lewis court case.
Kc player kicks a girl in hotel.
Etc.
100% agree. I just wish the rest of the posters could keep the fight about Rodgers and not their political leanings.

RashanGary
11-04-2021, 09:16 PM
The Titans were fined 350,000 for breaking covid protocols last year. I suspect if the Packers broke protocols in the media auditorium that they would be fined money, not lose draft picks.

Lafleur said he wasn’t paying attention to the masking during media visits. It’s an oversight by him and it could cost the Packers a few hundred thousand dollars.

Bretsky
11-04-2021, 09:30 PM
The Titans were fined 350,000 for breaking covid protocols last year. I suspect if the Packers broke protocols in the media auditorium that they would be fined money, not lose draft picks.

Lafleur said he wasn’t paying attention to the masking during media visits. It’s an oversight by him and it could cost the Packers a few hundred thousand dollars.

The Packers, and Rodgers have broken all kinds of protocols.

Media Room Rodgers should have had a mask on in all his interviews. Rodgers threw a Halloween party last weekend and there were supposedly between four and twelve Packers there. Having 4 or more and him not wearing a mask is a violation. I'm not sure if he's supposed to wear a mask in locker rooms. But the management f'cked up this one. They must have known.

And AROD knowingly misled the media and fans and he either did it flagrantly or was just AROD being AROD. Either way, he should have known better.

We're getting some fines; let's just hope we don't get draft picks taken.

Bretsky
11-04-2021, 09:31 PM
So I just read on acmepacking that other unvaxxed players such as kirk cousins and David Montgomery have been maskless in media rooms all season as well. Sorry, this is totally on the NFL. Perhaps the media as well since they absolutely knew cousins is unvaccinated.

While I agree in general with you, it's clear the NFL dumps this on each team to enforce and when things get called out the teams pay the price

Bretsky
11-04-2021, 09:35 PM
I give Jason Wilde Credit.

He apologized to the fans for his lack of due diligence in not asking a follow up question to the ya, I'm immunized.

It's rate a media guy basically criticizes himself, and his peers, for lack of due diligence

Fritz
11-05-2021, 04:58 AM
Fucking Rodgers. Can't you just see inside his brain? "Well, I didn't lie, and if people are as smart as I am, they'll parse my words and understand I was not lying. Too bad for all those fools out there that they can't understand the nuances of language."

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 06:31 AM
Fucking Rodgers. Can't you just see inside his brain? "Well, I didn't lie, and if people are as smart as I am, they'll parse my words and understand I was not lying. Too bad for all those fools out there that they can't understand the nuances of language."

I’m w/ AR on this one. And I don’t think he lied - and he did follow protocol in the facility.

They didn’t ask are you following unvaccinated protocols? Which vaccine did you take, etc.

I’d guess his agent and lawyer coached him on what to say.

And - again, look at the shaming of Cole and Cousins.

King Friday
11-05-2021, 07:18 AM
They asked him if he was vaccinated. He clearly manipulated his answer to avoid having to say out loud that he was not vaccinated. That is not telling the entire truth, which is a lie.

Can't really see how anyone is with Rodgers on this. I get taking a stand and saying it should be your choice...and I would support him on that if he was honest and upfront with it.

Instead, he's trying to have his cake and eat it too. He's once again pretending he's the smartest guy in the room and can pull the wool over everyone's eyes. He's going to cost the Packers cash. He may cost them an L on the schedule. His little Halloween party could force several other players to COVID protocol in coming weeks. All for taking a "stand" that he was too much of a pussy to actually come out and take the "stand" for.

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 07:35 AM
They asked him if he was vaccinated. He clearly manipulated his answer to avoid having to say out loud that he was not vaccinated. That is not telling the entire truth, which is a lie.

Can't really see how anyone is with Rodgers on this. I get taking a stand and saying it should be your choice...and I would support him on that if he was honest and upfront with it.

Instead, he's trying to have his cake and eat it too. He's once again pretending he's the smartest guy in the room and can pull the wool over everyone's eyes. He's going to cost the Packers cash. He may cost them an L on the schedule. His little Halloween party could force several other players to COVID protocol in coming weeks. All for taking a "stand" that he was too much of a pussy to actually come out and take the "stand" for.

Disagree wholeheartedly

By your definition, Athletes and coaches ‘lie’ all - the - time. Who gives a real fuck.

How many thousand times have you heard the same non answer, answer on any range of topics from injury status, game planning, sentiments on former teams, upcoming matchups, etc.

Clearly AR did some prophylactic treatment - which was probably experimental. Just the vaccines were until Sept.

Per coach, they didn’t violate protocols. Media room might be a gray zone (and many other teams are doing the same).

We haven’t lost - yet. And weren’t guaranteed a L last week when our best player (vaccinated, out w/ covid) either.

As AR has said before. Relax

George Cumby
11-05-2021, 08:48 AM
They asked him if he was vaccinated. He clearly manipulated his answer to avoid having to say out loud that he was not vaccinated. That is not telling the entire truth, which is a lie..

This.

Fuck Rodgers.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 09:30 AM
By your definition, Athletes and coaches ‘lie’ all - the - time. Who gives a real fuck.

How many thousand times have you heard the same non answer, answer on any range of topics from injury status, game planning, sentiments on former teams, upcoming matchups, etc.
Rodgers lied in every sense of the word. He obviously intended to give the false impression that he was vaccinated. That's a lie. Homeopathy does not produce any sort of immunity, so that is literally a lie (even if Rodgers can't be wholly responsible for repeating it.)
This level of deception is not routine.

Clearly AR did some prophylactic treatment - which was probably experimental. Just the vaccines were until Sept.

A Shaman chanting over burning incense is not a "prophylactic treatment." The quack medicine man spraying homeopathic elixir into Rodger's big nose is also not a "prophylactic treatment." .

The vaccines ceased being experimental in October 2020 after they passed extensive trials.
Calling them "experimental" nearly a year later, after a billion ppl world wide have been successfully vaccinated is demagoguery.

We live in an era where science sets limits for medicine. Vitamin D, ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, zinc, homeopathic nasal sprays, prayer and UV Light are not accepted as substitutes for vaccine by science. Natural immunity alone is variable and certainly inferior to natural immunity stimulated by vaccine. It is rational and well-supported to prioritize vaccine.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:30 AM
100% agree. I just wish the rest of the posters could keep the fight about Rodgers and not their political leanings.

Sadly they coincide. Those who don't like the rigid protocols are defending Rodgers, and those who think they are necessary are slamming him. Interesting in about a 75-85% correlation those that defended him for being a jackass all offseason are now slamming him and vice versa.

But it would be nice to live in a world where those who insist on rules to control others would actually abide by those rules themselves.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:31 AM

Funny thing is that the same media that howled and backed Rodgers ploy to become the GM and have all the authority are now upset at the Packers organization for not exercising authority over the guy they think should wield all the authority.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:33 AM
The Packers, and Rodgers have broken all kinds of protocols.

Media Room Rodgers should have had a mask on in all his interviews. Rodgers threw a Halloween party last weekend and there were supposedly between four and twelve Packers there. Having 4 or more and him not wearing a mask is a violation. I'm not sure if he's supposed to wear a mask in locker rooms. But the management f'cked up this one. They must have known.

And AROD knowingly misled the media and fans and he either did it flagrantly or was just AROD being AROD. Either way, he should have known better.

We're getting some fines; let's just hope we don't get draft picks taken.

Last year Darren Waller had the audacity to be maskless at his charity event with other players and he was hit with 300k fine. If the NFL is consistent, and I expect them to want to make an example of someone, they will likely hit Rodgers with about a million in fines for flagarantly ignoring the rules.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:35 AM
While I agree in general with you, it's clear the NFL dumps this on each team to enforce and when things get called out the teams pay the price

But lets be honest. If they were ignoring several openly unvaccinated players doing pressers that were broadcast across the U.S. in violation of protocol the entire thing was a wink and a nod.

Edit: I guess what I really mean is that if they TRULY believed in the protocols set forth and believed it was necessary for safety they wouldn't have ignored what was openly happening all this time. Saying "well, you will be punished if the shit hits the fan, but we will ignore it until then" is akin to saying "we don't really think you are putting anyone at risk, but if you make us look bad by not posturing and playing the game we will punish you"

In effect I guess I am saying their complete inaction and ignoring of all the violations PROVES that its about image, NOT safety.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:41 AM

I agree with you. Clearly I'm more Cole and don't mind the criticism for my beliefs, and if Rodgers didn't want to say he was unvaccinated he should have said "none of your business, next question". I understand why he did it, but I think it showed what many of us have said all along. The man is very thin skinned and took incredible offense to them drafting Love. It was never about anything else.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Rodgers lied in every sense of the word. He obviously intended to give the false impression that he was vaccinated. That's a lie. Homeopathy does not produce any sort of immunity, so that is literally a lie (even if Rodgers can't be wholly responsible for repeating it.)

A Shaman chanting over burning incense is not a "prophylactic treatment." The quack medicine man spraying homeopathic elixir into Rodger's big nose is also not a "prophylactic treatment." .

The vaccines ceased being experimental in October 2020 after they passed extensive trials.
Calling them "experimental" nearly a year later, after a billion ppl world wide have been successfully vaccinated is demagoguery.

We live in an era where science sets limits for medicine. Vitamin D, ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, zinc, homeopathic nasal sprays, prayer and UV Light are not accepted as substitutes for vaccine by science. Natural immunity alone is variable and certainly inferior to natural immunity stimulated by vaccine. It is rational and well-supported to prioritize vaccine.

So I have a question for you. When Sparky? I'm pretty sure it was calls Ivermectin a horse dewormer is he lying?

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 09:46 AM
Equine ivermectin comes in small tubes and syringes and helps eliminate “many types of worms,” often for less than $10. And lately it’s been hard to find.

Amid the recent clamor for the deworming agent — commonly used on horses, livestock and sometimes dogs and cats — as an unproven covid-19 treatment for humans, people who need to treat their horses with the substance have been faced with empty shelves and the fear that they could be mistaken for the people who are using the drug on themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/19/ivermectin-horse-dewormer-owners-covid/

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 09:49 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/19/ivermectin-horse-dewormer-owners-covid/

A) That was a lie
B) That wasn't my question

So now you are exactly like Rodgers. Instead of anwering the question you choose to play games.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 10:11 AM
I answered the question directly, explaining that what Sparky said was purely factual.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 10:30 AM
BTW, plenty of athletes have said they aren't going to discuss their vaccination status publicly. That is an honest and defensible position, even if some will see it negatively. AROD chose to lie to burnish his image, keep a halo over his head.

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Can we just have a discussion about this specific situation without politics and snark? Is that so much to ask? Good lord. Take it to FYI.

This is a discussion about the Packers and the situation they're in, the scope is narrow. Unquestionably this hurts the team this week. Hopefully he recovers and is back in action for next week. Hopefully Love answers the questions that Packers leadership have one way or another.

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2021, 12:37 PM
12 is on Pat McAfee discussing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JU_oAEinQ

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Our hero says he's listening to Joe Rogan's advice on how to battle COVID-19 and he's also taking Ivermectin.

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
Look, as a Chiefs fan, I'm actually fine with all this.

In fact, maybe Rodgers can get Dr. Rogan to write a prescription for Aaron Jones while we're at it?

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Complete meltdown. Far worse than Favre's dick pics and other foolishness.

King Friday
11-05-2021, 01:04 PM
He's a critical thinker. You know...like Terrence Maddox. He's got two poses for you.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2021, 01:18 PM
If they fine Rodgers for his Halloween party with more than 4 players there and no mask, I can see that. If they fine him for putting God damned media pukes at risk or worse yet, for lying to those God damned media bastards, that absolutely sucks. Either way, it shouldn't come back on the team - and won't, and fines, even if it is up in the millions, means little or nothing to somebody with Rodgers' money.

Bretsky
11-05-2021, 01:45 PM
If they fine Rodgers for his Halloween party with more than 4 players there and no mask, I can see that. If they fine him for putting God damned media pukes at risk or worse yet, for lying to those God damned media bastards, that absolutely sucks. Either way, it shouldn't come back on the team - and won't, and fines, even if it is up in the millions, means little or nothing to somebody with Rodgers' money.

Rodgers should be fined up the ass; the fact that he knowingly mislead us all IMO shows what an shitfaced know it all asshole he really is. But he's smarter than everybody. Only AROD knows best.

The team is going to take some hits as well; I just hope its not draft picks

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 01:49 PM

“I realize I’m in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now, so before the final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I’d like to set the record straight on some of the blatant lies that are out there about me now,” Rodgers said.

If he honestly believes what he did is the correct thing to do, why then play the victim card and get all worked up over other peoples opinions. ? ? ? ?

Seems like he thinks it is ok when he calls out the actions of others but no one should dare question anything he says or does.

Freak Out
11-05-2021, 02:27 PM
Damn. Cry me a fucking river Arod.

George Cumby
11-05-2021, 02:36 PM
All the entitled prick had to say was "I choose not to discuss my vaccination status." or even more vaguely "Those are personal choices which don't belong in the public domain."

Eat a bag of dicks AROD.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Any of ya'all haters who haven't watched this should watch it. I'll have more to say in FYI where this whole fucking thread should be.

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 02:42 PM

How do you know what treatment he had? Why shame him saying shaman? Maybe he got an antibody infusion (like they used in hospitals to treat many covid patients).

And vax was still authorized under emergency use order. So your lack of love of semantics matters here.

How about Pfizer releasing their HIV anti viral today? Is that quackery because it isn’t a vaccine?

Again. He didn’t ‘lie’ if we don’t know what his treatment was. And he followed daily testing, etc etc. So why do we shame him?

If we ask him do you regularly ejaculate when you fuck you gfriend or do you take ED meds- is he supposed to say ‘yes’ or ‘none of your business’ or ‘I enjoy sex’. Which ones a lie?

If we ask his opinion on a player - and he doesn’t answer fully and truthfully like being on trial or in front of Congress - we’re supposed to care?

Me - idgaff what athletes say or do. Shut up and dribble. Or shut up and throw the ball.

I’ll take medical advice from ARod right after I take his investment advice or how to fix my toilet.

He never lied to the team or league. And it’s none of your business. So why get all butthurt?

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2021, 03:26 PM
He responded in the affirmative to the question "Are you vaccinated". Fosco - c'mon.

Teamcheez1
11-05-2021, 03:35 PM
He sounded like a complete idiot discussing his reasons,etc. for not getting the vaccine. Joe Rogan??? Is he serious?

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Tom Brady is playing forever and he uses alternative medicine. Rodgers might play forever too and he’s another guy who uses alternative medicine. Results speak louder than mainstream articles trying to debunk them.

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 03:52 PM
It’s interesting how angry people get when Rodgers said he did his own research and decided not to get the vaccine. Why is that so upsetting?

MadtownPacker
11-05-2021, 04:03 PM
I fucking think Rodgers is a little bitch.

Today he earn some of my respect.

Let Timmy smoke!!!

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 04:16 PM
I fucking think Rodgers is a little bitch.

Today he earn some of my respect.

Let Timmy smoke!!!

Yep! Hes on the right side of this one.

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 04:34 PM
Another thing I loved was how he brought up the NFLs science team that said vaccinated people can’t get or spread illness. That was what they were saying about the vaxx early on.

The science has been so wrong. I love seeing it questioned and brought to light by an intelligent and well respected guy.

He really drove home a bunch of good points. Im in the boat that wants Rodgers here for life now. He’s standing up to a weird mob that’s frothing from the mouth over bogus so called science that doesn’t even pass the bullshit test so obviously fails any scientific scrutiny.

Great stuff from Rodgers.

NewsBruin
11-05-2021, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't call it "standing up," Bob.
https://i0.wp.com/zachonleadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Bobs.jpg?fit=2160%2C1350&ssl=1

Tony Oday
11-05-2021, 05:18 PM
I just hope he doesn't get suspended if he lied.

Joemailman
11-05-2021, 05:26 PM

He won't get suspended. He'll get fined and the Packers will get fined for allowing a player they knew was unvaccinated to do press conferences unmasked. As they should.

The issue I have is that Rodgers deliberately deceived the press people into thinking he was vaccinated. Some of them quite possibly would have chosen not to be in the room with an unvaccinated unmasked Rodgers if they had known the truth. It's a bad look for the Packers organization.

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 05:30 PM

I’m with ya there. The Titans last year broke protocols and got fined. I would expect this to be similar.

George Cumby
11-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Our hero says he's listening to Joe Rogan's advice on how to battle COVID-19

That's pretty good evidence that Rodgers is brain damaged.

https://qz.com/1038120/over-99-of-nfl-players-brains-in-a-study-of-dead-players-have-cte-permanent-brain-damage/

Joemailman
11-05-2021, 05:58 PM
That's pretty good evidence that Rodgers is brain damaged.

https://qz.com/1038120/over-99-of-nfl-players-brains-in-a-study-of-dead-players-have-cte-permanent-brain-damage/

Yep.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTg0OTA2NDE0MjE1NDA2NzEy/f-am.png

Freak Out
11-05-2021, 06:03 PM
CTE is real! Covid is a lie!

Freak Out
11-05-2021, 06:06 PM
So does State Farm drop him?

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 06:15 PM
He's a critical thinker. You know...like Terrence Maddox. He's got two poses for you.

OMG, That is hilarious. Will Ferrell classic.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 06:22 PM
I answered the question directly, explaining that what Sparky said was purely factual.

And what Aaron Rodgers said was purely factual. He did not lie.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Complete meltdown. Far worse than Favre's dick pics and other foolishness.

Yes, clearly this is worse than sexually harrassing a sideline reporter. I expect that Rodgers is about to give his woman a black eye to take attention away from his more aggregious crimes.

George Cumby
11-05-2021, 06:26 PM
LOL. OMG.

I did some 'research':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kK-axsMA24

Joemailman
11-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Wonder if there's still time for SNL to come up with a Rodgers segment.

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 07:08 PM
And what Aaron Rodgers said was purely factual. He did not lie.

If he hadn't started his answer with "yeah" I would somewhat agree. According to most dictionaries however, he at least mislead everyone.

He basically likes to play word salad with his answers. Ironically his attempt to control the narrative on his status backfired. Mainly because he tested positive and was ruled out for at least 10 days, unlike Adams who only had to face the consecutive negative tests to come back.

The whole victim crap is tiresome. Look in the mirror Aaron. You set this train in motion.

Double irony if that train that's set in motion is the Love Train.

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 07:24 PM
Either way Adams was still out 10 days…

hoosier
11-05-2021, 07:44 PM
If he hadn't started his answer with "yeah" I would somewhat agree. According to most dictionaries however, he at least mislead everyone.

He basically likes to play word salad with his answers. Ironically his attempt to control the narrative on his status backfired. Mainly because he tested positive and was ruled out for at least 10 days, unlike Adams who only had to face the consecutive negative tests to come back.

The whole victim crap is tiresome. Look in the mirror Aaron. You set this train in motion.

Would that be a Daily Double?

NewsBruin
11-05-2021, 07:48 PM
I'd have to do a Double-Check.

(makes belt motion)

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 07:57 PM
Either way Adams was still out 10 days…

That is irrelevant. The fact that Rodgers was out a mandatory 10 days without the ability to test and clear protocols gives away the fact that he is unvaccinated.

Let me add, the fact he is unvaccinated is not really important. Him being unavailable is technically no different than any other injury. This whole story is because of how he answered a simple question.

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2021, 08:05 PM
So does State Farm drop him?

I bet they do. The mob is very persuasive.

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 08:07 PM
Would that be a Daily Double?

Haha! Nice ��

smuggler
11-05-2021, 08:22 PM
The reddit NFL page is like 30 posts deep of dickless casuists raging against Rodgers.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 08:25 PM
Rodgers said today he has tested negative. Now since the NFL believes a covid negative person can infect people he still can't play or practice, but that horse paste must have really kicked ass cuz he recovered faster than Adams.

bobblehead
11-05-2021, 08:27 PM

He didn't factually mistate anything. That's the bar with horse paste so it has to be the same with him.

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 08:28 PM
He mislead. So what. People shouldn’t be asking vaccination status anyway.

Fosco33
11-05-2021, 08:32 PM
That is irrelevant. The fact that Rodgers was out a mandatory 10 days without the ability to test and clear protocols gives away the fact that he is unvaccinated.

Let me add, the fact he is unvaccinated is not really important. Him being unavailable is technically no different than any other injury. This whole story is because of how he answered a simple question.

Agreed on all of this.

RashanGary
11-05-2021, 08:37 PM
I guess the NFL and NFLPA agreed on fines for breaking the rules so they can’t dock draft picks or suspend over this.

NewsBruin
11-05-2021, 09:09 PM
I don't need to post as much as I do.

Sparkey
11-05-2021, 09:55 PM
Rodgers said today he has tested negative. Now since the NFL believes a covid negative person can infect people he still can't play or practice, but that horse paste must have really kicked ass cuz he recovered faster than Adams.

If he needs to stock up:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2021, 10:38 PM

I don’t recall him saying this. Are you sure?

smuggler
11-05-2021, 11:03 PM
He tested positive once or otherwise he wouldn't be out for 10 days. He said, since then, he has tested negative. The NFL does not want to subject itself to the shitstorm that Rodgers just got, and they aren't going to take any risks that could jeopardize the entire season to help the Packers in one game. He can sit on his ass.

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2021, 01:38 AM
The reddit NFL page is like 30 posts deep of dickless casuists raging against Rodgers.

Fortunately, we've only got a few like that in here.

bobblehead
11-06-2021, 06:29 AM
Fortunately, we've only got a few like that in here.

But now, the very reason he felt he needed to not lie by our standards set with horse paste, but the reason he felt compelled to evade the question is being borne out. I saw no less than 3 opinion pieces today on msn.com about how horrible of a human being he is, how stupid he is and how he completely trashed his image. All because he said my body my choice. All the while the same league that claimed they were 100% powerless to have any control over a player kneeling during a song now figures it has 100% power to make onerous protocols if you don't not just ACT the way they want you to, but actually physically take a substance into your body.

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2021, 09:16 AM
It’s interesting how angry people get when Rodgers said he did his own research and decided not to get the vaccine. Why is that so upsetting?

He did his own research and adopted every kooky theory of the anti-vaxx movement. He repeated half a dozen easily debunked political canards that echo only on the right. Being sucked into a cult is not a triumph of free thought.

"I march to the beat of a different drummer." Ya, Joe Rogan on drums.

Joemailman
11-06-2021, 09:29 AM
He did his own research and adopted every kooky theory of the anti-vaxx movement. He repeated half a dozen easily debunked political canards that echo only on the right. Being sucked into a cult is not a triumph of free thought.

"I march to the beat of a different drummer." Ya, Joe Rogan on drums.

I'm currently reading a book The Death Of Expertise by Tom Nichols. This issue is a perfect example of what he's talking about. A person goes on the internet to do some research and thinks they know more about the subject than those who have devoted most of their life to the study of the subject. I should be able to read the Packers offensive playbook and understand the Packers offense as well as Matt LaFleur does.

Freak Out
11-06-2021, 12:11 PM
But now, the very reason he felt he needed to not lie by our standards set with horse paste, but the reason he felt compelled to evade the question is being borne out. I saw no less than 3 opinion pieces today on msn.com about how horrible of a human being he is, how stupid he is and how he completely trashed his image. All because he said my body my choice. All the while the same league that claimed they were 100% powerless to have any control over a player kneeling during a song now figures it has 100% power to make onerous protocols if you don't not just ACT the way they want you to, but actually physically take a substance into your body.

Well he didn't just say my body my choice. He decided to go off on some wild rant instead.

RashanGary
11-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Prevea cancelled their partnership with Aaron Rodgers.

Joemailman
11-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Kind of make sense. Why would they have a spokesman who doesn't believe in the services they provide?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDhz-AbXsAspJum?format=png&name=900x900

run pMc
11-06-2021, 05:05 PM
I'm not going to wade into whether he should have taken the Covid-vaccine.
He definitely lied to the press and perpetuated that lie with his comments at the podium and with appearing unmasked. That's problematic because he's in an enclosed space with media personnel, some of whom might be high-risk.
He said "Yeah I've been immunized" in a press conference when directly asked. He lied to the press and then tried to play the victim when he got caught. He might be a great QB, but he's an entitled, shitty person.

I appreciated the clip of McAfee trying to hide a smirk when Rodgers said Joe Rogan was a good friend and part of his medical team.

This could easily cost them a #1 or #2 seed in playoffs, certainly causes distractions, and erases a lot of momentum generated by the ARI game.
Stupid.

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2021, 06:59 PM
I'm currently reading a book The Death Of Expertise by Tom Nichols. This issue is a perfect example of what he's talking about. A person goes on the internet to do some research and thinks they know more about the subject than those who have devoted most of their life to the study of the subject. I should be able to read the Packers offensive playbook and understand the Packers offense as well as Matt LaFleur does.

https://i.imgur.com/sGARXpW.png

smuggler
11-06-2021, 07:48 PM
There is an argument to me made why developing children should not wear masks and there is evidence to suggest it's not so effective, but not a good justification for Rodgers not to wear one. But Nichols is a dipship.

RashanGary
11-06-2021, 08:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sGARXpW.png

Don’t outsmart common sense, blue dog

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2021, 08:28 PM
There is an argument to me made why developing children should not wear masks and there is evidence to suggest it's not so effective, but not a good justification for Rodgers not to wear one. But Nichols is a dipship.

your punishment is to read AR's 500 pages of research

smuggler
11-06-2021, 08:48 PM
No thanks. I'll just wear a mask.