PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Chiefs

Joemailman
11-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Love 19-34, 190 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Packers 25 rushes, 122 yards

Barnes 9 tackles, 1 TFL

Packers hampered by STD's. Special Team Disasters.

Kenny Clark hurt, did not return.

Discuss.

George Cumby
11-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Someone needs to take GameDay thread.

Joemailman
11-07-2021, 06:41 PM
After 7 straight wins, will need someone else to start Game Day Thread next week.

George Cumby, thank you for your service.

George Cumby
11-07-2021, 06:42 PM
After 7 straight wins, will need someone else to start Game Day Thread next week.

George Cumby, thank you for your service.

The pleasure was all mine, Gentlemen.

Good luck to whoever starts the next streak.

George Cumby
11-07-2021, 06:48 PM
Love improved as the game wore on. I think that's a real positive.

He's fast with that sidearm.

I'm really loving this D.

ST's fucked us on this.

RashanGary
11-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Love played better in the second half. Just well enough that you still say maybe.

I watched full games of his college career. I thought he threw like crap on the run. Still looks that way.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Ideally this puts an end to this "last dance" idiocy. Without Rodgers, the Packers sink to chronic mediocrity. Love was able as expected - mediocre. The O Line was about as expected - mediocre. The D was solid - better than expected.

Joemailman
11-07-2021, 07:02 PM
LaFleur stating obvious. Couldn't make Chiefs pay for blitzes, so they kept blitzing.

RashanGary
11-07-2021, 07:03 PM
Ideally this puts an end to this "last dance" idiocy. Without Rodgers, the Packers sink to chronic mediocrity. Love was able as expected - mediocre. The O Line was about as expected - mediocre. The D was solid - better than expected.

That was Loves first game. And as mentioned, he didn’t find out until Wednesday that he’d be starting. He also had to play at Arrowhead.

I’d like to see him get one more shot at home with a full week to prepare.

pittstang5
11-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Love didn't "Wow" me, but he didn't play all that bad - about what I would expect from someone starting his first ever in season NFL game. Jittery at times, some nice passes and some head scratchers.

O-line looked like shit, but Chiefs blitzed a ton. Defense looked decent at times. To hold the Chiefs, at home, to 13 points is saying something, especially since special teams really screwed the pooch and didn't help at all.

Speaking of special teams - what a shit show! MLF needs to...fuck if I know, but do something about the special teams screw ups. In a game where we already know we are hindered because the QB situation, we can't have other facets of the game fuck up as well.

beveaux1
11-07-2021, 07:23 PM
What I noticed about Love

The kid was obviously nervous and it mainly showed in his footwork. Feet were always moving and he was often throwing the ball between steps.
This resulted in low velocity, inaccurate throws.

The rush rattled him in the first half. He looked to run even with a decent pocket to throw from.

Team was constantly in bad field position, probably adding to tension and nervousness. STs were a nightmare.

4th quarter he looked much more in control. Footwork was better and the ball was thrown more crisply.

MLF running the ball on first 2 downs in 1st half left Love in a bad position.

4th quarter, he was allowed to throw in rhythm on early downs.

I really expected 4th quarter performance after the first drive of the game. I thought he would get his game together earlier.

That includes the 4th quarter INI, which I thought we might see a couple of times because of inexperience.

He ended the game looking like a 2nd string QB. He started the game looking like a practice squad QB.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 07:24 PM
That was Loves first game. And as mentioned, he didn’t find out until Wednesday that he’d be starting. He also had to play at Arrowhead.

I’d like to see him get one more shot at home with a full week to prepare.

As I said when you posted that in the other thread, RG, you want to see him start at Seattle - and we lose that game too? We simply aren't gonna beat anybody decent without Rodgers. That includes Seattle with Wilson and probably Seattle without Wilson.

Now if you want to see him start the last game against Detroit after we've clinched the top seed, I'm with you on that hahahahaha.

Sparkey
11-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Spagnola did what he always does against young qb's. Heavy blitzing and shifting coverages right before the snap.

Like mentioned above, Love had terrible footwork leaving him unable to out any zip on the ball 1st half. This crap run, run 3rd and 7 did him no favors.

It was a good experience for him. Now he can watch film and build off what he thought he saw and what was actually going on. You know they have to game plan for Love to start because Rodgers has to test negative at 10 days or he won't be able to play, which means this whole next week of practice is Love's.

Bossman641
11-07-2021, 08:28 PM
The one thing Love disappointed me on, he had no drive behind his throws. Even the TD to Lazard wasn't on a line. Hopefully just a combo of bad footwork and being unsure of where to go with the ball. He had a few throws where he'd hit the drop and let it rip but they were the exception.

Upnorth
11-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Good run blocking this week. Too bad love isn't able to identify blitzes because there was a ton of opportunities against this d. He did look better as the game went on. After the first drive I was really really stressed.

King Friday
11-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Well, despite the loss, the Packers seem to be getting good results elsewhere. Dallas got punked. The Rams appear to be laying an enormous egg.

I'm worried about what happens when Rodgers gets back. Florio said there was no risk of suspension for the current scenario, only fines. However, if Rodgers doesn't completely toe the unvaccinated line moving forward, he could be suspended. Will he be willing to abide by the rules established by the league and NFLPA?

smuggler
11-07-2021, 08:49 PM
I think all the pressure that KC brought really affected Love. I'm disappointed we didn't really attack the center of the field. There were times it was completely vacated by the Chiefs D.

RashanGary
11-07-2021, 08:52 PM
I liked Jordan Love in his presser. They asked him if he thought he could be a starter right now and I liked his confidence. He said he could.

He’s a good kid. He’s got a little fire in him.

Maybe he’ll make it. Maybe he won’t. But he’s a competitor and a good kid. I like him.

Upnorth
11-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Lucas Patrick was a turnstile. Jenkins was impressive. If Patrick was just average I think we turn at least one missed fg into a rd.

Dillion looks better every week, especially in passing game.

RashanGary
11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Lafleur said even if Rodgers can’t practice until Friday that he’s starting against Seattle.

Bretsky
11-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Lafleur said even if Rodgers can’t practice until Friday that he’s starting against Seattle.

I'm assuming MLF and AROD can ZOOM each other for the game plan

If I'm the coach AROD can show up Sunday morn w/no practice and start

Bretsky
11-07-2021, 09:28 PM
I liked Jordan Love in his presser. They asked him if he thought he could be a starter right now and I liked his confidence. He said he could.

He’s a good kid. He’s got a little fire in him.

Maybe he’ll make it. Maybe he won’t. But he’s a competitor and a good kid. I like him.

I read the game day thread and I'm looking in YouTube to play the "FLIPPER" song for you :)))

George Cumby
11-07-2021, 09:54 PM

Agreed.

Rodgers gives the best chance to win.

Joemailman
11-07-2021, 10:02 PM
It would be interesting to see how much Love would improve in a 2nd straight career start. Not likely to happen though.

Freak Out
11-07-2021, 10:39 PM
The defense did it's part and played lights out against a super talented team, special teams was a complete debacle. The offense was what most kinda suspected. Run a bunch and let the horses do the heavy load and nurse Love along but of course special teams messed that up. Will Love keep the line going and be a first ballot HOF QB for the Packers? Probably not but he could develop into a winner. A couple of my wife's cousins were at the game and said they were LOUD...it showed a few times for sure.

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2021, 10:51 PM

For sure. What does ARod need to practice for anyway? He'll be fine.

How much is MILF kicking himself for not ponying up for that ace of a special teams coach? Or was that Gooter that didn't? Darn.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-07-2021, 11:26 PM
Fosco can make a million excuses for Love all he wants, but the hardcore truth is, Love sucked. Inaccurate as fuck. Indecisive as fuck. Costly pick was thrown right at the corner. Played like he ain’t ever seen a blitz before in his life. Yo, J-Lo, dial up the max protect and bombs away!

Noodle-arm Matt Flynn made his first NFL start at monstrous New England and was more inspiring than Love was in this game. As the great Italian don, Vince Lombardi, once said, excuses are for losers!

Btw, this is gonna annoy Cumby, but since I still watch Chappelle reruns, today I found out that Love is part-white, not Asian. Maybe the Caucasoid Race could trade up in the 1st round to draft Love in the next Race Draft.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 11:30 PM
Well, despite the loss, the Packers seem to be getting good results elsewhere. Dallas got punked. The Rams appear to be laying an enormous egg.

I'm worried about what happens when Rodgers gets back. Florio said there was no risk of suspension for the current scenario, only fines. However, if Rodgers doesn't completely toe the unvaccinated line moving forward, he could be suspended. Will he be willing to abide by the rules established by the league and NFLPA?

Florio is even more of a shithead than most of the God damned media pukes - reportedly a Viking fan. They're NOT gonna suspend Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 11:36 PM
Fosco can make a million excuses for Love all he wants, but the hardcore truth is, Love sucked. Inaccurate as fuck. Indecisive as fuck. Costly pick was thrown right at the corner. Played like he ain’t ever seen a blitz before in his life. Yo, J-Lo, dial up the max protect and bombs away!

Noodle-arm Matt Flynn made his first NFL start at monstrous New England and was more inspiring than Love was in this game. As the great Italian don, Vince Lombardi, once said, excuses are for losers!

Btw, this is gonna annoy Cumby, but since I still watch Chappelle reruns, today I found out that Love is part-white, not Asian. Maybe the Caucasoid Race could trade up in the 1st round to draft Love in the next Race Draft.

I hate to ever agree with P.O.S. Cumby, but he got an acorn of correctness when he said race doesn't make any difference in this context and called you out for bringing it up. I tend to agree with you in the rest of your post here and in a lot of other things this side of FYI, but you really should stop obsessing about race.

smuggler
11-07-2021, 11:36 PM
Florio is the lowest regarded NFL-related media type in the world. Left, right, center, even Vikes fans hate that dude. He's a bootlicking cuckold and he should not be acknowledged in any way.

Joemailman
11-07-2021, 11:37 PM
Packers starting field position on 2nd half possessions:

GB 12
GB 15
GB 8
GB 47

TD occurred on drive that started at 47.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2021, 11:41 PM

Absolutely. Besides, it will probably be Saturday morning hahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2021, 02:05 AM
Could ole Tex be right about the “goddamned” media “pukes?”

I am spending $6/month of my minimum-wage, burger-flipping paycheck for access to PackersNews. Therefore, I also gain access to USA Today’s NFL section. Top headline there reads:

The Packers let down Jordan Love by giving Aaron Rodgers' replacement too little help

What the fuck! Giving Love little help would be playing 88, 19 and 8 at WR, wankers 12 played with last week. Love had 17, 13, 83 and 18 in kombat. Sure, there were plenty of special teams fuckups. But the defense for the most part shutdown the Chef’s hotshot Black/White Hybrid future HOF QB. (The late, great Mike Jackson once said, it ain’t matter if you’re black or white.)

Gave Love little help, my donkey ass! Love simply stunk worse than donkey shit.

Needlessly to say, I opted not read the fallacious article.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 05:24 AM
As I said when you posted that in the other thread, RG, you want to see him start at Seattle - and we lose that game too? We simply aren't gonna beat anybody decent without Rodgers. That includes Seattle with Wilson and probably Seattle without Wilson.

Now if you want to see him start the last game against Detroit after we've clinched the top seed, I'm with you on that hahahahaha.

Tex, nobody beats anyone decent with the backup QB playing his first ever start. Positives about Love were that he was mainly throwing into single coverage. He didn't LOSE the game for us. He didn't Win it by any means. Big negative was that his nerves showed and he was inaccurate....much like I felt about Rodgers early on. Remember after 3 years of understudy getting EVERY preseason game we went 6-10 with Rodgers leading the team that was in the NFCC the previous season.

Believe it or not, I left feeling there is real hope for Love since his biggest flaw was that he looked like a guy who was nervous and tight playing his first ever game in a tough road venue. Rodgers didn't play all that great on Thursday night, but he is a 15 year veteran near goat and the team pulled the game off. 22 for 37 184 yards. And don't get me started on Rodgers first game of this season.

The chiefs dialed up a ton of blitzes because a first time starter in that scenario isn't likely to make them pay. Love still threw to single coverage consistently. Even his interception was 6 inches from a completion. I know you like the lazy argument that the first time starter in a tough road venue didn't look as good as the hall of famer therefore all is lost, but its a really weak argument that accomplishes nothing at all since no one would have told you he would have. Go look at the 2008 season. Rodgers didn't look like the QB we have now either....actually many fans were hammering Ted for being stupid enough to move on from Favre almost exactly as you are doing now.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 05:27 AM
Good run blocking this week. Too bad love isn't able to identify blitzes because there was a ton of opportunities against this d. He did look better as the game went on. After the first drive I was really really stressed.

He identified them and went the right place with the ball. As many have mentioned his footwork went out the window because the game is too fast for him in this very first game IN KC and that is why he had no drive on the ball. His backshoulder throw to Adams was actually perfect and I'm betting Adams wishes he could have that route back.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 05:28 AM

Just based on his personality and all I think he MIGHT just skip pressers the rest of the season and pay the fine.

King Friday
11-08-2021, 05:30 AM
Florio is even more of a shithead than most of the God damned media pukes - reportedly a Viking fan. They're NOT gonna suspend Rodgers.

They suspended Brady once. They can and will suspend Rodgers if he doesn't live up to the COVID regulations the league worked out with the players union.

As I noted, they won't suspend for things that happened up to now. However, now all the liberal Karens are watching and will throw hissy fits if Rodgers violates one line item of the agreement moving forward.

smuggler
11-08-2021, 05:46 AM
They suspended Brady once. They can and will suspend Rodgers if he doesn't live up to the COVID regulations the league worked out with the players union.

Actually, the team can get hammered, but the league is only able to punish players within the framework of the agreement they made with the Players' Union for COVID offenses, and that only includes monetary penalty right now.

Upnorth
11-08-2021, 06:31 AM
Packers starting field position on 2nd half possessions:

GB 12
GB 15
GB 8
GB 47

TD occurred on drive that started at 47.

Thanks for sharing this. Longer field more chance of error. 1st start. I hope rodgers comes back Friday but if not I thonk.in game 2 love will look better. I'm not addicted to love, yet, but I do want to him to show the league the power of love.
I just hope he doesn't give love a bad name

King Friday
11-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Actually, the team can get hammered, but the league is only able to punish players within the framework of the agreement they made with the Players' Union for COVID offenses, and that only includes monetary penalty right now.

If there are repeated violations, suspensions are possible. Like I said, there is no risk for suspension for what has happened to this point. However, if Rodgers comes back and consistently refuses to follow the protocols set up for unvaccinated players after he already had been disciplined for it, the potential for suspension is opened.

King Friday
11-08-2021, 07:14 AM
Just based on his personality and all I think he MIGHT just skip pressers the rest of the season and pay the fine.

As long as he can hold court on Pat's show every week, I agree. Rodgers has too much ego to not talk at all. He's not Marshawn Lynch.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 07:53 AM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Not only is Jordan Love making his first career start Sunday in Kansas City, but he’ll attempt to help end a peculiar streak.

The Packers have lost seven straight games on the weekend that Daylight Saving Time ends, counting two Monday games. It ends again this Sunday.

The streak continues. Now at 8.

Freak Out
11-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Wild stat. Another reason to end daylight savings. lol

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 12:37 PM
Tex, nobody beats anyone decent with the backup QB playing his first ever start. Positives about Love were that he was mainly throwing into single coverage. He didn't LOSE the game for us. He didn't Win it by any means. Big negative was that his nerves showed and he was inaccurate....much like I felt about Rodgers early on. Remember after 3 years of understudy getting EVERY preseason game we went 6-10 with Rodgers leading the team that was in the NFCC the previous season.

Believe it or not, I left feeling there is real hope for Love since his biggest flaw was that he looked like a guy who was nervous and tight playing his first ever game in a tough road venue. Rodgers didn't play all that great on Thursday night, but he is a 15 year veteran near goat and the team pulled the game off. 22 for 37 184 yards. And don't get me started on Rodgers first game of this season.

The chiefs dialed up a ton of blitzes because a first time starter in that scenario isn't likely to make them pay. Love still threw to single coverage consistently. Even his interception was 6 inches from a completion. I know you like the lazy argument that the first time starter in a tough road venue didn't look as good as the hall of famer therefore all is lost, but its a really weak argument that accomplishes nothing at all since no one would have told you he would have. Go look at the 2008 season. Rodgers didn't look like the QB we have now either....actually many fans were hammering Ted for being stupid enough to move on from Favre almost exactly as you are doing now.

Seems like there is a plethora of posts in various threads that I agree with today, especially APB's post just above yours as well as this one of yours. Love wasn't half bad (and no, I don't mean he was all bad). The thing is, with as much as Rodgers means to this team, and as mediocre as they would be/are without him, neither Love yesterday nor Love with improvement nor just about anybody else would be an adequate replacement for Rodgers, assuming something other than mediocrity is the goal.

And I also wouldn't be surprised if what we saw was Love having more success than he normally would have/will have, given the flaws the Chiefs have these days as well as the luck Love had in not getting several more picks than he did from basically putting it up for grabs. He didn't practice near enough WWAD IMO (What Would Aaron Do).

Maybe take away the DST problem by making it all year around.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Seems like there is a plethora of posts in various threads that I agree with today, especially APB's post just above yours as well as this one of yours. Love wasn't half bad (and no, I don't mean he was all bad). The thing is, with as much as Rodgers means to this team, and as mediocre as they would be/are without him, neither Love yesterday nor Love with improvement nor just about anybody else would be an adequate replacement for Rodgers, assuming something other than mediocrity is the goal.

And I also wouldn't be surprised if what we saw was Love having more success than he normally would have/will have, given the flaws the Chiefs have these days as well as the luck Love had in not getting several more picks than he did from basically putting it up for grabs. He didn't practice near enough WWAD IMO (What Would Aaron Do).

Maybe take away the DST problem by making it all year around.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 01:55 PM
The 13 points the Packers gave up yesterday was the least number of points they've given up in a loss since December 12 2010 when they lost to the Lions 7-3. Rodgers was knocked out of that game with a concussion.

Just another omen that the Packers are going to win the Super Bowl! :pack::glug::pack:

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 03:18 PM
As long as he can hold court on Pat's show every week, I agree. Rodgers has too much ego to not talk at all. He's not Marshawn Lynch.

He could go full Marshawn and sit there in a mask and say "I'm just here in a mask so I don't get fined" over and over.

George Cumby
11-08-2021, 03:42 PM
He could go full Marshawn and sit there in a mask and say "I'm just here in a mask so I don't get fined" over and over.

I wish he would. :-)

Tony Oday
11-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Wonder if the Pack could get a 7th for Love?

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 08:43 PM
Wonder if the Pack could get a 7th for Love?

I think they could get a 5th; 7th for sure

smuggler
11-08-2021, 11:01 PM
Right now they could probably get a 4th or a conditional 3rd for Love, which is better than half the picks made in the first round of the 2020 draft, if we're being completely fair.

bobblehead
11-10-2021, 12:55 PM
I wish he would. :-)

While wearing a Lynch jersey. Would be the ultimate troll considering we play the seahawks this week....Maybe get some dreadlocks to really sell it.