PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Chefs

George Cumby
11-08-2021, 02:39 AM
Go

smuggler
11-08-2021, 03:16 AM
Studs: Gary. A great draft pick. Barnes, other than on the long reception to Kelce. Dillon and Jones. Could have used more carries.

Duds: Drayton. Wirtel. Amari Rodgers. Matt LaFleur. Seriously. Why not call plays that attack the middle of the field which is continually being vacated during 5- and 6-man blitzes?

Might be a little harsh, but I knew the game was over when King gave up that soft completion to Hardman. He's just not a good player. He wasn't horrible in this game, but he was more of a liability than Rasul fucking Douglas, so...

I suppose Love was a dud, but I put the blame on LaFleur first. Things would probably have been considerably different with a line of Bak/Jenkins/Myers/Runyan/Turner, but that's what we had to work with.

King Friday
11-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Completely agree on King. Your defense needs to prevent a first down. When you see they are going to complete a short pass just past the LOS, come up and try to make an immediate tackle. You may fail, but you have to go for it. King was hesitant and gave up a 7 yard play. He's not a good player. He never should have been resigned.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Thought Krys Barnes was a stud. Gave up a completion or two 2 Kelce (What LB doesn't), but had some great tackles in the run defense. One of which saved the Packers 4 points.

Packers CB's were studs: Chiefs WR's had 8 catches for 59 yards and 0 TD's.

Fritz
11-08-2021, 07:54 AM
Go

Duds:

Aaron Rodgers. I am so done with that motherfucker. So done. He carps all offseason about the team not listening to him and using him to help recruit, and he feels disrespected. And he had a point there. So Guter sorta fesses up, trades for Cobb, things look a little better. And Rodgers, in the post games, sounds like he's a little mellower, maybe he's changed a little, maybe this could work out.

But in fact, he was a douchebag all along. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, so he played word games when he was asked if he was vaccintated instead of being honest. On top of that, he used his leverage against the Packers to push them to help him cover up the fact that he wasn't vaccinated. They let him in the media room unmasked, and so on. And boo on the organization for playing along.

I know as fans we are generally hypocritical - we don't care about the morals of the players as long as they are great players. I'm that way, too. But this guy has just gone too far, even for me. He's a fucking jackass, thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and too bad for you if you can't keep up. But in truth he's a manipulative liar. And now the whole organization's in knots because of him. And fuck the organization too for how they handled this. I know they felt their backs were to the wall, but now look what's resulted. Will they lose draft picks?Maybe.

So for me, Aaron Rodgers is the biggest fucking dud of all, and I hope the minute the season's over they ship his ass somewhere else. I don't care that Jordan Love didn't look great. I'd rather watch him try to develop than watch the Rodgers shitshow any more.

Second dud? Maurice Drayton. I'm sorry, I hear he's a great guy, but the special teams were a disaster and have been off and on for the entire season.

Third dud? The punter. Bojo. I know he's a great punter, but on the two botched field goals, he didn't even make an attempt to spin the laces around. And he was doing that before they switched long snappers, so it's hard to simply blame the long snapper. Crosby often looks aggravated with Bojo after field goal attempts.

So I hope they find someone else who can be the holder. Bojo seems to have no ability in that area.

Love didn't look great, but that's to be expected. I wonder if LeFleur had leaned on the running game more, especially Dillon, if that would've slowed those blitzes down a bit. I think LeFleur forgot he had a very raw young guy starting at QB on the road.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 08:31 AM
People calling Kevin King a dud in this game are seeing what they want to see. He's the favorite whipping boy. Everybody gives up some short stuff to Chief's WR's because their deep speed is so dangerous. The key is to tackle well when it happens. The Packers CB's all did that well Sunday.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:38 AM
I don't care that Jordan Love didn't look great. I'd rather watch him try to develop than watch the Rodgers shitshow any more.

I'm down with a Randy Wright reboot. Trade Rodgers for Taysom Hill & former Badger offensive tackle to be named later.

Following the packers has gotten uncomfortable for a large chunk of fans. I was able to see past favre's ego. Hot Tub Chewy was fuzzy situation. Aunt raping crossed a line. AR has proved to be such a completely selfish, insufferable ass. Damn. I think I'll probably give up the Packers until AR is out of town. Or maybe I'll feel differently in a couple weeks

Upnorth
11-08-2021, 08:50 AM
Dillion was a stud. We had good blocking. Rushing or recieving we should have smashed the crap outta them like hrs the Titans.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:54 AM
I wonder if LeFleur had leaned on the running game more, especially Dillon, if that would've slowed those blitzes down a bit. I think LeFleur forgot he had a very raw young guy starting at QB on the road.

Blitzing can stifle the run game too. I was a broken record through most of the game, I thought they needed to pass more - and downfield - on first down. The blitzing was effective, IMO, because they were doing it on long yardage situations. I kinda have the opposite prescription, they needed to treat Love like he was a capable QB. Roll the dice and hope he finds a rhythum. The short passing was pointless, they were sitting on the routes.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 08:54 AM
Dillion was a stud. We had good blocking. Rushing or recieving we should have smashed the crap outta them like hrs the Titans.

Packers had 20 rushes (by running backs) and 34 pass plays. Those numbers should have been pretty much reversed.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 08:57 AM
Packers had 20 rushes (by running backs) and 34 pass plays.

Can you think of a game where an NFL team won with a 3:2 run-pass ratio? Maybe you can. But I think you might be stuck in the last century.

George Cumby
11-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Duds:

Aaron Rodgers. I am so done with that motherfucker. So done. He carps all offseason about the team not listening to him and using him to help recruit, and he feels disrespected. And he had a point there. So Guter sorta fesses up, trades for Cobb, things look a little better. And Rodgers, in the post games, sounds like he's a little mellower, maybe he's changed a little, maybe this could work out.

But in fact, he was a douchebag all along. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, so he played word games when he was asked if he was vaccintated instead of being honest. On top of that, he used his leverage against the Packers to push them to help him cover up the fact that he wasn't vaccinated. They let him in the media room unmasked, and so on. And boo on the organization for playing along.

I know as fans we are generally hypocritical - we don't care about the morals of the players as long as they are great players. I'm that way, too. But this guy has just gone too far, even for me. He's a fucking jackass, thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and too bad for you if you can't keep up. But in truth he's a manipulative liar. And now the whole organization's in knots because of him. And fuck the organization too for how they handled this. I know they felt their backs were to the wall, but now look what's resulted. Will they lose draft picks?Maybe.

So for me, Aaron Rodgers is the biggest fucking dud of all, and I hope the minute the season's over they ship his ass somewhere else. I don't care that Jordan Love didn't look great. I'd rather watch him try to develop than watch the Rodgers shitshow any more.

Second dud? Maurice Drayton. I'm sorry, I hear he's a great guy, but the special teams were a disaster and have been off and on for the entire season.

Third dud? The punter. Bojo. I know he's a great punter, but on the two botched field goals, he didn't even make an attempt to spin the laces around. And he was doing that before they switched long snappers, so it's hard to simply blame the long snapper. Crosby often looks aggravated with Bojo after field goal attempts.

So I hope they find someone else who can be the holder. Bojo seems to have no ability in that area.

Love didn't look great, but that's to be expected. I wonder if LeFleur had leaned on the running game more, especially Dillon, if that would've slowed those blitzes down a bit. I think LeFleur forgot he had a very raw young guy starting at QB on the road.

Preach it, Brother.

King Friday
11-08-2021, 09:18 AM
Can you think of a game where an NFL team won with a 3:2 run-pass ratio? Maybe you can. But I think you might be stuck in the last century.

I'm sure the Titans and Ravens have been there in recent years. I'm just too lazy to look it up.

MadScientist
11-08-2021, 09:26 AM
Duds:
Homeopathic therapy
MLF Love and scheme not able to handle the pressure they knew would come
ST - catastrophically shitty
Studs
Defense - light years from the New Orleans game

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 09:26 AM

Ravens last year nearly did it for an entire season. They were 11-5. At any rate, this was not a typical game. Packers were starting a QB making his 1st start, and their RB's were averaging 5 YPC. A.J. Dillon averaged as much per rush as Love averaged per pass attempt. But Dillon got 8 carries and Love threw the ball 34 times.

King Friday
11-08-2021, 10:09 AM
Ravens last year nearly did it for an entire season. They were 11-5. At any rate, this was not a typical game. Packers were starting a QB making his 1st start, and their RB's were averaging 5 YPC. A.J. Dillon averaged as much per rush as Love averaged per pass attempt. But Dillon got 8 carries and Love threw the ball 34 times.

NFL coaches for the most part love to talk about the run game, but just can't bring themselves to actually lean on it.

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Zach Kruse
@zachkruse2

Kevin King was the Packers highest-graded defensive player against the Chiefs, per
@PFF
. Gave up only 21 receiving yards on 6 targets.

SURPRISE! He's been good in each of his last two games.

King Of The Studs!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Preach it, Brother.

Wait, Fritz is Black? :)

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 01:24 PM
What's with the Wirtel thing, smuggler? I don't think his snaps were bad, and by rule, they can't (and didn't) go through him to rush the kicker.

Sheeeesh, Fritz, you seriously are gonna rag on Rodgers over this shit? If he's a dud for not being in the game, then Jaire, Z. Smith, Bakhtiari, Davante previous weeks, etc. are all that kind of dud too. You seriously would prefer to see the Packers turn to shit without Rodgers? A couple of the dumbshits agreeing with you I'd expect that, but it's a surprise coming from you.

Just as some players are criticized for not playing up to their own high standard, Kevin King gets praise for not playing down to the low standard he usually sets. So I guess he was surprisingly unbad.

As I said in the other thread, I don't see how you can slam the ST coach too much for the kinds of problems the Packers have had.

Studs: Gary, Dillon (but not more than Aaron Jones), maybe Barnes, Savage - I saw a lot of good things from him in this game.

Duds: not Love - mediocre, yes, dud no, the O Line, but no more than they ever are, Crosby, that's about it.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 03:26 PM

A certain very recent NFCC game comes to mind. The exact ratio would have been 42-8. I think SF did something similar in the very game before that.

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 03:55 PM
The Snapper and the Holder are undoubtedly duds. Mainly the snapper. He cost the Packers the game, not Crosby.

George Cumby
11-08-2021, 04:18 PM
If Rodgers play, Packers are 8-1 after absolutely steam-rolling the Chefs.

Rodgers is the ultimate Dud.

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 04:54 PM
If Rodgers play, Packers are 8-1 after absolutely steam-rolling the Chefs.

Rodgers is the ultimate Dud.

Yup, and he's the DUDx2 for intentionally deceiving so many and then going on his weekly blow me show to try and outsmart the universe in justifying his actions

Freak Out
11-08-2021, 06:32 PM
The Snapper and the Holder are undoubtedly duds. Mainly the snapper. He cost the Packers the game, not Crosby.

Watch those kicks. The whole right side of the line just blows it on one and it's not the snapper...its the holder/punter. The whole thing has been a shitshow from day one and now Masons fragile mind is all rattled.

Freak Out
11-08-2021, 06:39 PM
I watched some of the game again and sure Love looks very bad/raw at times...but there are times he shows what he is capable of. Pretty amazing throw out of the endzone to Adams for a first down was one I remember. He'll never be another Arod...those guys just don't show up very often. He can be pretty damn good though (?)

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 06:57 PM
I watched some of the game again and sure Love looks very bad/raw at times...but there are times he shows what he is capable of. Pretty amazing throw out of the endzone to Adams for a first down was one I remember. He'll never be another Arod...those guys just don't show up very often. He can be pretty damn good though (?)

For me to have any true faith in Love he needs to make all the easy throws, or at least nearly all of them, well. He didn't cut it in that regard Sunday.

Freak Out
11-08-2021, 10:29 PM
So one and done then. Draft a QB in the first round next year then and hope Gute can do better this time. :roll:

Joemailman
11-08-2021, 11:00 PM
It's crazy for people to be practically dismissing Love after 1 game. Justin Fields looked pretty good tonight, but he's had 3 games this year where he was worse than what Love did. All the rookie QB's starting (Love is practically a rookie) are struggling with the exception of Mac Jones, and he's been nothing special.

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2021, 11:07 PM
Why does everyone keep saying he's practically a rookie? He's, in fact, not a rookie at all? I understand the off-season was weird last year but he had a full season to do stuff.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2021, 11:33 PM
he looks 17

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 11:34 PM
I'd be thinking a lot more positive about Love if he could run like Fields or Murray or Jackson. I even advocated drafting Jackson and using him as an occasional wildcat QB/backup. One positive about Love in that game was taking off and running a few times - about as good that way as a 37 year old Aaron Rodgers runs it. However, he didn't have the quick recognition to get away and throw a completion very many times, and when he did run, it seemed like he was just tucking it and going too soon - maybe under orders to do that.

He probably won't be a Packer enough years to have a chance to be the next starter, as Rodgers should and very likely will be around for way past Love's rookie contract. If not, everything turns to shit.

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 11:54 PM
It's crazy for people to be practically dismissing Love after 1 game. Justin Fields looked pretty good tonight, but he's had 3 games this year where he was worse than what Love did. All the rookie QB's starting (Love is practically a rookie) are struggling with the exception of Mac Jones, and he's been nothing special.

I don't know if anybody is dismissing Love; he just gave little to be excited about. Justin Fields shows some real upside; it's easy to see his flashes.

And Love Machine has had a year plus of preparation; it would seem fair to compare him to those who were drafted last year and played shortly thereafter. Why ignore the fact that he's in his second year. Guys like Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, adn the Jets dude are thrown right into the fire with hardly any nfl preparation.

Love is a project in process and here's to hoping he develops into an above average NFL starter some day regardless of where he is.

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 11:55 PM
Why does everyone keep saying he's practically a rookie? He's, in fact, not a rookie at all? I understand the off-season was weird last year but he had a full season to do stuff.

DITTO

Bretsky
11-08-2021, 11:57 PM
So one and done then. Draft a QB in the first round next year then and hope Gute can do better this time. :roll:

We already drafted him so like him or not we need to keep him around as a backup as we try to extend Rodgers for 2-4 more years.

RashanGary
11-09-2021, 09:31 AM
We already drafted him so like him or not we need to keep him around as a backup as we try to extend Rodgers for 2-4 more years.

I see this too

Joemailman
11-09-2021, 09:46 AM

He had a full season to do very little. No preseason games and Packers made Boyle the backup so he got few reps in practice once they got into the season. It was a strange situation in which a 1st round pick was handed a clipboard and not allowed to do much. I get he's not a rookie. But he headed into his 2nd year having had fewer opportunities to work on is game as a rookie than guys who were drafted much later than him. By contrast. when Rodgers was a rookie, he got the backup spot so he would get the backup reps even though Nall was much more prepared to play.

King Friday
11-09-2021, 10:08 AM

Doing "stuff" really doesn't equate to having 11 starting caliber defenders running at you every play.

The Packers offense is not crafted for Love. It is crafted for Rodgers...rightfully so. When Rodgers was ruled out on Wednesday, it gave the coaching staff little time to revise the game plan in Love's favor. I think that was more where MLF was taking the blame after the game.

It would be the equivalent of letting you get behind an Indy car set up for an experienced race driver and telling you to go out and race a few laps at top speed. You be in the wall on turn 1.

King Friday
11-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Also, Love was a project coming out of college. I think this was primarily why Gute never told Rodgers about drafting him. He wasn't ready to be a starter. He didn't face NFL caliber talent much at Utah State. He's not like Fields or Lawrence that were facing draft worthy talent nearly every week. Love was at least 3 years from being ready when he was drafted. This wasn't about trying to immediately replace Rodgers.

Upnorth
11-09-2021, 10:48 AM
As to those wanting to draft another qb, I think we should if one falls in the draft. They never really do any more, but if one did go for it.
I think Love will be a decent starter at the least, but it is worth taking a chance and doubling down. I can't see rodgers staying after this year plus his contract will kill us.

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2021, 10:57 AM
This wasn't about trying to immediately replace Rodgers.

I really can't see what Rodgers was upset about. How did a drafted QB actually threaten him in any way? The worst that could happen is the Packers decide to let Rodgers go in a few years. Rodgers would have many suitors across the league.

I know this is a dead horse, but watching Love play makes Rodger's taking offense even more puzzling. Every player in the NFL, much like the coaches, knows that they will be replaced before they prefer.

Guiness
11-09-2021, 12:10 PM

And whatever is going on on the right side of the OL for kicks. That's where the rusher for the blocked FG came from iirc. Tonyan was being blamed but seems like it's something else.

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 12:23 PM
I still can't see why people are ragging on poor Wirtel. His snaps weren't bad, and the rush that blocked the kick didn't come over him - by rule, it basically couldn't.

Crosby seems to be degrading this season. Maybe, make that probably it would be good to ask him to retire after this season. Or if he gets much worse this season, we apparently have a very capable kicker on the practice squad.

SudsMcBucky
11-09-2021, 12:50 PM
I really can't see what Rodgers was upset about. How did a drafted QB actually threaten him in any way? The worst that could happen is the Packers decide to let Rodgers go in a few years. Rodgers would have many suitors across the league.

I know this is a dead horse, but watching Love play makes Rodger's taking offense even more puzzling. Every player in the NFL, much like the coaches, knows that they will be replaced before they prefer.

He wasn't pissed at the pick because he was "threatened" by Love. He was pissed because they used a 1st rounder (and the 4th, IIRC) to move up and take a QB when they had just played in the NFCCG and was looking for immediate difference makers so they could make another SB run.

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2021, 01:13 PM
He wasn't pissed at the pick because he was "threatened" by Love. He was pissed because they used a 1st rounder (and the 4th, IIRC) to move up and take a QB when they had just played in the NFCCG and was looking for immediate difference makers so they could make another SB run.

Well, that certainly does make more sense.
The depth of AR's outrage suggests he was personally insulted, and that seems to be the impression of WI sports writers.
I'll chalk up your take as a possibility.

Guiness
11-09-2021, 01:50 PM

Dillon absolutely was. He trucked a few guys and had a couple of nice receptions, including one off this shoelaces!

Fritz
11-09-2021, 02:04 PM
What's with the Wirtel thing, smuggler? I don't think his snaps were bad, and by rule, they can't (and didn't) go through him to rush the kicker.

Sheeeesh, Fritz, you seriously are gonna rag on Rodgers over this shit? If he's a dud for not being in the game, then Jaire, Z. Smith, Bakhtiari, Davante previous weeks, etc. are all that kind of dud too. You seriously would prefer to see the Packers turn to shit without Rodgers? A couple of the dumbshits agreeing with you I'd expect that, but it's a surprise coming from you.

Just as some players are criticized for not playing up to their own high standard, Kevin King gets praise for not playing down to the low standard he usually sets. So I guess he was surprisingly unbad.

As I said in the other thread, I don't see how you can slam the ST coach too much for the kinds of problems the Packers have had.

Studs: Gary, Dillon (but not more than Aaron Jones), maybe Barnes, Savage - I saw a lot of good things from him in this game.

Duds: not Love - mediocre, yes, dud no, the O Line, but no more than they ever are, Crosby, that's about it.

I'm not criticizing him because he wasn't in the game; I'm criticizing him because he lied to the public and put the organization and his teammates in the uncomfortable position of covering for him so he could pretend he was vaccinated when he in fact was not. And yes, I would rather watch the Packers ship his ass elsewhere and move on. Whether Jordan Love will be a reasonable starting quarterback or not I have no idea, but I'd rather watch a Rodgersless team next season than watch to see how Rodgers tries to hold up the organization.

And whoever the backup QB is on Sunday, I'd like to see that person as the holder for Crosby. I do not know why Bojorquez does not try to spin the ball so the laces are pointing away from Crosby.

And how can you say, Tex, that the special teams coach is not responsible for the multiple special teams fuck ups that are occurring every week? What do you mean, the kinds of problems? Do you mean the bad ball placement on the missed kicks, or the line caving in on the right side in multiple games, resulting in blocked kicks (plural, blocked kicks), or the long returns against the coverage teams, or a player allowing a punt to hit him in the leg, resulting in a loose ball?

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 04:00 PM
He didn't lie to "the public", he lied to the God damned worthless media pukes - and based on his defense of it, maybe it wasn't lying at all. Were the organization and teammates in an uncomfortable position? Nobody has stepped up and said that. Maybe they think the media is scum too. Fine, if you are doubling down on wanting to get rid of Rodgers and have the team turn to shit. Maybe we ought to have a poll on that one hahahaha.

I already talked about the ST coach in another thread. As for Bojorquez not spinning the laces, I asked my grandson who was a high school place kicker, and he said he thinks it's mostly psychological - little or no difference in the flight of the ball, especially if the laces are sideways as on Crosby's missed 40 yarder, not where the foot directly contacts the laces. People have whined about Rodgers being a primadona, how about Crosby - blaming his misses on that?

As for those kinds of ST problems you mentioned, I don't see much of it as blame worthy to the coach. What would you do to change it? Better personnel and/or better luck is about all I can see, neither of which is up to the ST coach. Long returns of kicks might be on the coach, but I think we've been better this year with lane integrity and preventing those long returns.

Fritz
11-09-2021, 05:29 PM
He didn't lie to "the public", he lied to the God damned worthless media pukes - and based on his defense of it, maybe it wasn't lying at all. Were the organization and teammates in an uncomfortable position? Nobody has stepped up and said that. Maybe they think the media is scum too. Fine, if you are doubling down on wanting to get rid of Rodgers and have the team turn to shit. Maybe we ought to have a poll on that one hahahaha.

I already talked about the ST coach in another thread. As for Bojorquez not spinning the laces, I asked my grandson who was a high school place kicker, and he said he thinks it's mostly psychological - little or no difference in the flight of the ball, especially if the laces are sideways as on Crosby's missed 40 yarder, not where the foot directly contacts the laces. People have whined about Rodgers being a primadona, how about Crosby - blaming his misses on that?

As for those kinds of ST problems you mentioned, I don't see much of it as blame worthy to the coach. What would you do to change it? Better personnel and/or better luck is about all I can see, neither of which is up to the ST coach. Long returns of kicks might be on the coach, but I think we've been better this year with lane integrity and preventing those long returns.

Back in the 60's and 70's when Bill Ford Sr. was the owner of the Detroit Lions, he hired a GM named Russ Schmidt as his GM. One of the most important parts of the job for Schmidt was acting as Ford's babysitter, as Ford had problems with the bottle. As for the team, he left terrible coaches in place for years and years, letting them pile up loss after loss. He sometime said he thought the problems with the team weren't really the coaches' fault.

You sound a lot like Russ Schmidt.

And Tex, as for Rodgers, surely you know that the "media pukes" more or less are the conduit between the players and the public, so yes, Rodgers lied, lied, and lied some more to the public. And nobody in the organization is complaining because that's organizational discipline - and their own asses for violating the league rules (with the league's apparent wink-wink).

Yes, I am done with Aaron Rodgers. It's embarrassing to be a Packer fan when I talk to people. Rodgers is who they bring up, and nobody thinks much of the guy. I don't expect heroes, but I'd like at least a modicum of decency. That's probably too much to ask, I know. Nobody cares as long as their team wins. I know. That's how sports is. Always has been. I'm just done with this particular guy.

NewsBruin
11-09-2021, 09:06 PM
I'm down with a Randy Wright reboot. Trade Rodgers for Taysom Hill & former Badger offensive tackle to be named later.

Ick. Taysom Hill is a great runner for a QB and a great passer for a non-QB, but seeing his deep "passes' fly, his greatest talent is being a walking bruise by the middle of the fourth quarter.

And are there any good Badger linemen at the pro level?

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 09:17 PM
" the "media pukes" more or less are the conduit between the players and the public" - you don't see that as the problem? When I want news about Rodgers, I watch Rodgers - on McAfee or speaking to those media shitheads (at least then it is mainly Wisconsin shitheads). When I want to hear about Packer coaching, I listen to LaFleur or Barry or Hackett or Drayton. Fuck the God damned lying fake news media pukes. This past off-season didn't show you how rotten they are?

I don't know what to say about your Lion story except that I remember that the Lions were the Packers' toughest division/conference competition for most of the Lombardi years.

As for your last paragraph, you obviously care about what other people think - and make no mistake, I'm NOT saying that like it's a good thing. You're view of Rodgers - that "modicum of decency" crap - is purely a product of gulping bogus shit spewed by those God damned media pukes. "Nobody cares as long as their team wins."? - You say that like it's a bad thing. I suppose you'd be done with Lombardi for saying, "Winning is the only thing" too. Maybe you should be a Lion fan. They apparently don't care too much if their team wins.

Bretsky
11-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Ick. Taysom Hill is a great runner for a QB and a great passer for a non-QB, but seeing his deep "passes' fly, his greatest talent is being a walking bruise by the middle of the fourth quarter.

There are still plenty of Badger OL out there. Off top of head I think one of the best RT's in the NFL is from the UW and playingf or the Saints.

Bretsky
11-09-2021, 09:51 PM
" the "media pukes" more or less are the conduit between the players and the public" - you don't see that as the problem? When I want news about Rodgers, I watch Rodgers - on McAfee or speaking to those media shitheads (at least then it is mainly Wisconsin shitheads). When I want to hear about Packer coaching, I listen to LaFleur or Barry or Hackett or Drayton. Fuck the God damned lying fake news media pukes. This past off-season didn't show you how rotten they are?

COME ON MAN; I love Rodgers the player as much as anybody (well maybe not quite as much as you:) . But I still want truths.

The media asks him a question and other players questions for the fans; We should not expect deceit.

MCAFEE is an absolute TOOL. AROD set up this weekly gig so he can control the questions and the conversation. He's AROD's tool and while listening to it is interesting, I don't give a ton of credibility to it as being true. It's obviously set up to be AROD's version of exactly what he wants to share.

AROD has burned bridges with many media members who used to support him. And media guys I really like. He's really not the same person he was ten years ago.

So it's no surprise to me he sets up this weekly gig with his Tool to convey anything he chooses to convey on a weekly basis. It's entertaining anyways.

call_me_ishmael
11-09-2021, 10:02 PM
COME ON MAN; I love Rodgers the player as much as anybody (well maybe not quite as much as you:) . But I still want truths.

The media asks him a question and other players questions for the fans; We should not expect deceit.

MCAFEE is an absolute TOOL. AROD set up this weekly gig so he can control the questions and the conversation. He's AROD's tool and while listening to it is interesting, I don't give a ton of credibility to it as being true. It's obviously set up to be AROD's version of exactly what he wants to share.

AROD has burned bridges with many media members who used to support him. And media guys I really like. He's really not the same person he was ten years ago.

So it's no surprise to me he sets up this weekly gig with his Tool to convey anything he chooses to convey on a weekly basis. It's entertaining anyways.

Bingo. I do wonder where it went south with Wilde and why he stopped doing that show.

Joemailman
11-09-2021, 10:48 PM
Rodgers seemingly burned bridges with his family. Not surprising he would burn bridges with members of the media who dare to ask questions he doesn't like.

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2021, 11:11 PM

I think Taysom is starter w Winston hurt, so he isn't going anywhere. I only mention him because he is a running joke with Packer fans.

Ryan Ramzyk is a great OT on Saints who also isn't going anywhere, well, maybe for arod :-)

NewsBruin
11-09-2021, 11:35 PM
There are still plenty of Badger OL out there. Off top of head I think one of the best RT's in the NFL is from the UW and playingf or the Saints.

Thanks, Bretsky and Harlan. I'm a little biased to SEC and Big 12 linemen (with no expectations from my alma mater), so I wasn't sure if any Badger O-Linemen had stuck around.

NewsBruin
11-09-2021, 11:38 PM
I only mention [Taysom] because he is a running joke.

I see what you did there.

Bretsky
11-10-2021, 03:54 AM
Bingo. I do wonder where it went south with Wilde and why he stopped doing that show.

YUP

Now that McGinn is gone Wilde is IMO the best out there. He's a fans media guy; it's amazing to listen to him and Tauscher discuss the Packers. He gives out as much as he can to the fan who wants to be in the know w/o getting himself fired.

A caller once called in and asked Wilde if he could ask AROD anything in the world, what would he ask.

WILDE's response. What has changed you so much in the past ten years ? Wilde noted AROD used to be a pleasure to deal with when he was a young start, he was a pleasure for the media to work with, and most players are. He left it there. But you can fill in his next sentence if you want.

Bretsky
11-10-2021, 03:56 AM
Thanks, Bretsky and Harlan. I'm a little biased to SEC and Big 12 linemen (with no expectations from my alma mater), so I wasn't sure if any Badger O-Linemen had stuck around.

If you want a list Bruin I can work on this tomorrow; I'm kind of fanatical Red and white so I don't think it'd be that hard to pull in. I'd guess there are about five left. There used to be more. I "think" Kevin Zeitner is still out there. Casey Rademacher (sp) I think is the stud for the Saints. And there are some more recents but no stud's lately

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 06:13 AM
I never cared much for McAfee until Rodgers started showing up there. It's listening to things straight from Rodgers, not filtered by these lying sacks of shit - the media bastards, and just about all of them are just about all of the time. Apparently some of you guys have forgotten this past off-season.

I recall reading a year or two ago that Wisconsin was tied with Alabama or something like that for the most NFL players coming from there - not bad considering that we never are among the top rated recruiting classes. We have had a lot of O Linemen, of course, but also plenty of RBs over the years and surprisingly quite a few QBs. Not many superstars, but what can you expect with 3 and 4 star recruits.

King Friday
11-10-2021, 07:44 AM
The media didn't filter Rodgers' lie Tex. They gave him the opportunity to answer a simple question on whether or not he was vaccinated. It is a perfectly reasonable question to ask. It would also be perfectly reasonable if Rodgers declined to answer. He doesn't have to answer every question. No one is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to answer.

Rodgers was the one who chose to answer. His answer was vague with the purposeful intent to deceive, which even Rodgers now admits. That is entirely on him...not the media.

Sparkey
11-10-2021, 08:44 AM
Last year Gil Brandt labeled UW Oline U. He is what he said:

"The Badgers beat No. 2 Ohio State by 68 points thanks to impressive NFL production by names including Joe Thomas, Travis Frederick, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Ramczyk, Rob Havenstein and Rick Wagner."

call_me_ishmael
11-10-2021, 09:03 AM
There are lots of great UW linemen throughout the league, although seems like there's been fewer in the recent years. Lots of great inside linemen.

NewsBruin
11-10-2021, 10:02 AM
I never cared much for McAfee until Rodgers started showing up there.

I recall reading a year or two ago that Wisconsin was tied with Alabama or something like that for the most NFL players coming from there - not bad considering that we never are among the top rated recruiting classes. We have had a lot of O Linemen, of course, but also plenty of RBs over the years and surprisingly quite a few QBs. Not many superstars, but what can you expect with 3 and 4 star recruits.

McAfee seems like a fun/funny guy. I respect anyone who's put a decade in the League, but I've never listened to him. I expect he's the current era's bro-jock-chucklebutt, and there should always be room for that. I don't expect anything hard-hitting or challenging to come from his interviews, but it's nice to have a spot where you can lay out some softballs and listen to the subject talk about "Well, as I see it..."

He is a damn good self-taught pro wrestler. Surprisingly athletic for a retired NFL'er.

And I'm impressed by all the Wisconsin-based talent. College recruiting has gone so regional/national, I completely believe it. I think most of the pro-quality QBs come from the California and Texas high-school pipelines. I'm not sure about the other positions, but seeing someone's college is no longer a good indication of where they learned to play football.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2021, 11:08 AM
He is a damn good self-taught pro wrestler. Surprisingly athletic for a retired NFL'er. .

Well, retired punter. Which is actually even more impressive

Could JK "The Weapon" Scott be next in line? He certainly is menacing.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2018/08/03/PPAN/f054e402-b05b-41df-93c2-47919ed38293-GPG_PackersCamp_080318_ABW423.jpg

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 12:56 PM
The media didn't filter Rodgers' lie Tex. They gave him the opportunity to answer a simple question on whether or not he was vaccinated. It is a perfectly reasonable question to ask. It would also be perfectly reasonable if Rodgers declined to answer. He doesn't have to answer every question. No one is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to answer.

Rodgers was the one who chose to answer. His answer was vague with the purposeful intent to deceive, which even Rodgers now admits. That is entirely on him...not the media.

Certain shitheads who pretend to be Packer fans can't stop claiming that Rodgers lied. That's just plain bullshit - damn shameful bullshit. Fuck the God damned fake news media and anybody supporting them.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-10-2021, 01:24 PM
The goddamned media pukes are at it again: Silverstein is arguing that Butte should sit out the Seafuck game b/c, apparently, 2 weeks of sitting at home is enough time to get a fit professional football player who had been playing for months out of football shape.

Like, wtf? I was off the burger joint for two weeks last month to rest the ailing back where I sat on the recliner playing Madden all day for 14 straight days, and I didn’t miss a beat when I returned…with an ailing back.

Guiness
11-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Certain shitheads who pretend to be Packer fans can't stop claiming that Rodgers lied. That's just plain bullshit - damn shameful bullshit. Fuck the God damned fake news media and anybody supporting them.

The CDC disagrees.

Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

source:https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm]

Upnorth
11-10-2021, 02:14 PM
The CDC disagrees.

That's one (influential) definition.. There are others, so it is debatable. Like cut block and zone blocking. When oline using shanahan zone blocking schemes many called it cutblocking.

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 06:33 PM
The CDC disagrees.

That sounds a lot like what Rodgers said.

smuggler
11-11-2021, 05:35 AM
Kind of embarrassing that the CDC can't get their definition more refined than that. But I'm not surprised. FEMA's trainings use the wrong definition for specific gravity.

Fritz
11-11-2021, 08:45 AM
To try to get this back to the original thread title, I saw a breakdown on, I think, PackerNews, that showed film of several plays in which Savage really showed off his instincts and quickness. He's really coming on now.

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 08:51 AM
To try to get this back to the original thread title, I saw a breakdown on, I think, PackerNews, that showed film of several plays in which Savage really showed off his instincts and quickness. He's really coming on now.Savage has been great. That 2019 draft where Gute drafted Gary , Savage and Elgton Jenkins should be part of the foundation of this team for years. Even though the rest of the draft didn't produce much.

Bretsky
11-11-2021, 11:08 AM

Are you saying Rodgers response, which has been documented, was not deceitful ? Have you seen his response ? It's nothing short of deceit and he knows what he was doing

texaspackerbacker
11-11-2021, 12:59 PM
Bretsky, did I say one word there about "deceitful"? I said he didn't lie - which he didn't. As for being deceitful, when you're dealing with the God damned lying sacks of shit of the media, IMO it's perfectly permissible to be deceitful, and maybe even a duty.

RashanGary
11-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Bretsky, did I say one word there about "deceitful"? I said he didn't lie - which he didn't. As for being deceitful, when you're dealing with the God damned lying sacks of shit of the media, IMO it's perfectly permissible to be deceitful, and maybe even a duty.

I agree.

Bretsky
11-11-2021, 03:03 PM
I agree.

I know many of them are pieces of shit; I just don't want to know they are. And the media is also for our entertainment. Intentionally misleading the media just let's us know they are too full of themselves to be honest and forthright to the fans.

RashanGary
11-11-2021, 03:24 PM
People do wrong things sometimes. I forgive Aaron. It’s understandable that he mislead the media.

bobblehead
11-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Are you saying Rodgers response, which has been documented, was not deceitful ? Have you seen his response ? It's nothing short of deceit and he knows what he was doing

what do you expect from a guy who eats horse paste?