PDA

View Full Version : Official chicken hawks visit the Bay discussion

Sparkey
11-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Could two pro bowl qb's both make their return on the same day ? Is "meh" special teams better than "could he worse" and why is the ST standard so low in Green Bay.

This week should be interesting on many levels.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Is this about the Seattle game - Rodgers and Wilson? Probable, yes, that they both come back. I thought "The Bay" usually referred to San Fran. Seattle has "The Sound".

I just don't know how much coaching has to do with special teams, especially kicking. Whether it's the good Crosby or the bad Crosby on any given day doesn't have much to do with Drayton. Same thing to a great extent about returners. If you don't have Devin Hester or somebody similar, then all the scheming in the world isn't gonna make much difference. Kick coverage - staying in your lanes - is more discipline than scheme. I would think one coach is as good as another when it comes to reminding/screaming at ST players to do that. Is it the coach's fault when a usually sure-handed guy drops the ball or a bad bounce flicks a guy's toe?

Sparkey
11-08-2021, 01:59 PM
It's hard to fathom how bad special teams has been for what seems like three decades.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 03:14 PM
The play where the guy kicked the ball and handed it to KC at the goal line was all on Amari. He called fair catch, he needs to run up and actually catch it. He had room.

As for the seachickens, Rodgers will return and throw for 400 yards in a fuck you statement game. All will be right in cheeseland.

bobblehead
11-08-2021, 03:15 PM
It's hard to fathom how bad special teams has been for what seems like three decades.

It is amazing through 2 GMs, 2 HCs and what? 5 ST coaches we still seem to perform for shit. The only thing I can point a finger at is that when the NFL limited practices and times coaches had to cut corners somewhere. In GB perhaps we have consistently taken from ST preperation.

Sparkey
11-09-2021, 02:00 PM
It is amazing through 2 GMs, 2 HCs and what? 5 ST coaches we still seem to perform for shit. The only thing I can point a finger at is that when the NFL limited practices and times coaches had to cut corners somewhere. In GB perhaps we have consistently taken from ST preperation.

For how long during Capers tenure they didn't give two shits to improving that quality of the ILB group? So Yeah, It could be that they just don't want to invest the time to get good at ST.

Fritz
11-09-2021, 02:07 PM
It's been a puzzle to me. Over the years there have been some good ST coaches available, or young guys who have developed into good ST coaches, but Green Bay keeps picking the turds. Their special teams have been the Detroit Lions of the NFL for many seasons now, maybe since Gil Haskell coached them in the SB years with Holmgren.

Bretsky
11-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Who is the ST coach that we f'cked up on again ? Remember MLF liked him , and it sounded like Gutebag lowballed his offer and he left and was hired by somebody else almost right away ?

Often when we fire our ST coach, we just hire his assistant. That makes no sense to me. If it's broken let's go outside and fix it

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2021, 03:37 PM
I'd like to hear exactly how all this shit comes back on the poor ST coach - dropped balls, bad bounces hitting people, the kicker missing kicks, etc. We've actually gotten better at staying in lanes and coverage. Those of ya'all whining about Drayton, how would you do something different to fix it all?

Fritz
11-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Same way a losing football team eventually comes back to the head coach.

King Friday
11-09-2021, 09:42 PM
I'd like to hear exactly how all this shit comes back on the poor ST coach - dropped balls, bad bounces hitting people, the kicker missing kicks, etc. We've actually gotten better at staying in lanes and coverage. Those of ya'all whining about Drayton, how would you do something different to fix it all?

Kick some people square in the nuts.

It's probably not all on Drayton, but the breakdowns on blocking that have happened over and over would've been fixed by a good coach by now. When the same mistake is repeated over and over, you have a coaching problem.

Fritz
11-10-2021, 09:20 AM
So how 'bout dem Seachickens? Sounds like Rumpel Stiltskin will be back at the controls for Seattle, so this should be a good game. Good test for this defense.

Who knows if Arod will be back, but if he's not, I hope The Flower learned a few things from that KC game in terms of game planning for Love.

Sparkey
11-10-2021, 10:09 AM
I would hope they develop a game plan that can be implemented with Love if for some reason Rodgers does not clear protocol. It would be above stupid to assume Rodgers will start and devise a game plan solely on his abilities.

Fritz
11-10-2021, 11:10 AM
I would hope they develop a game plan that can be implemented with Love if for some reason Rodgers does not clear protocol. It would be above stupid to assume Rodgers will start and devise a game plan solely on his abilities.

Of course they'll have a game plan in case Love has to start. That wasn't my point at all. My point was that it had better be a better game plan than what they trotted out for KC.

They really didn't help Love out much in that game. They knew what Spags would do as KC DC - he's not a secret. They knew he'd blitz the hell out of Love. And they didn't have a response for that until the fourth quarter.

George Cumby
11-10-2021, 12:05 PM
So how 'bout dem Seachickens? Sounds like Rumpel Stiltskin will be back at the controls for Seattle, so this should be a good game. Good test for this defense.

Who knows if Arod will be back, but if he's not, I hope The Flower learned a few things from that KC game in terms of game planning for Love.

Wilson is facing the new and improved Roll Over Beethoven Packer's Defense feat. Rashan "The Wolverine" Gary. I look forward to Gary taking his fucking head off.

Guaranteed MLF has two game plans going in, one for the Love Boat, one for the God-King.

Upnorth
11-10-2021, 02:16 PM
The play where the guy kicked the ball and handed it to KC at the goal line was all on Amari. He called fair catch, he needs to run up and actually catch it. He had room.

As for the seachickens, Rodgers will return and throw for 400 yards in a fuck you statement game. All will be right in cheeseland.

Did he get a second negative already?

Joemailman
11-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Did he get a second negative already?

He doesn't need a second negative because he quarantined. But he does need to get medical clearance to play.

Joemailman
11-10-2021, 02:27 PM
Most of the country, including Alaska and Hawaii, will see Packers/Seahawks. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call.

https://506sports.com/2021/10-CBS-L.png

Joemailman
11-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Davante Adams on returning last week from COVID: "I don't know how it will impact Aaron or the QB position but was definitely a little more taxed in the game."

He thought it wasn't necessarily COVID but rather being inactive and not moving around for 10 days during quarantine.

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Packers activate Bakhtiari from the PUP list today. Maybe this is the start of a functional OL. Newman out, Runyan at RG and a HUGE upgrade at LG with Jenkins sliding inside.

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 03:59 PM
I wonder when/if Jaire and Z will come back?? If we get some lucky health breaks, we have a shot this year.

texaspackerbacker
11-10-2021, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking after the bye week.

Fritz
11-11-2021, 08:52 AM
I hope Bakh is well enough to suit up and play this Sunday. I imagine he's still out of football shape, so maybe they work him into the mix, but it'd be nice to have him back, if only for half the usual number of snaps.

That would strengthen the left side immensely, as Jenkins could go back to LG, and maybe The Flower would then replace Newman on the right side with Runyan. Right now, Newman has an epic whiff at least once every game.

RashanGary
11-11-2021, 09:46 AM
I hope Bakh is well enough to suit up and play this Sunday. I imagine he's still out of football shape, so maybe they work him into the mix, but it'd be nice to have him back, if only for half the usual number of snaps.

That would strengthen the left side immensely, as Jenkins could go back to LG, and maybe The Flower would then replace Newman on the right side with Runyan. Right now, Newman has an epic whiff at least once every game.

I think this is what a lot of us are hoping for. Even if Bakh isn’t an upgrade at tackle because of health, the domino effect should clean up the inside.

Fritz
11-11-2021, 11:52 AM
If Rodgers was symptomatic when he did the McAfee show, which some posters are saying is the case, then we'd better get ready for more Love in the Time of Covid on Sunday.

LeFleur better get his running game part of the playbook in order. Run that damn ball. And give Love some better options on blitzes.

I think they could beat Seattle with Love. Though they could beat them more thoroughly with Hate.

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 01:25 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers rookie CB Eric Stokes (knee) returned to practice today. Kenny Clark (back) practiced for second straight day.

Dominique Dafney (hamstring) and Marcedes Lewis (likely rest) did not practice.

Guiness
11-11-2021, 03:35 PM
He doesn't need a second negative because he quarantined. But he does need to get medical clearance to play.

He needs to be symptom free? I know after he's back he won't be tested for the next 90 days.

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 04:13 PM
I'm guessing Bakhtiari has to be a full participant before he's active on Game day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD8XM1bWQAcK65R?format=jpg&name=large

King Friday
11-11-2021, 08:21 PM
I doubt that 69 is back this week. We need him for the playoffs, so there is no need to rush him back. He will need at least one full week of practice at full participation before he sees Love action.

Fritz
11-12-2021, 10:30 AM
I'd have to agree. Why rush him back when you think you need him for the long haul?

Looks like Keke still won't play, and who knows about Stokes.

Gonna be a bumpy ride if Arod isn't playing. And maybe it will be even if he is.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Seattle is a good team assuming Wilson is back and reasonably effective. He may be a little bit rusty, though, kinda like Dak last week for the Cowboys. Bottom line: if Rodgers plays, we win fairly easy. If Rodgers doesn't play, we lose - fairly close if our D is good again and Love gets lucky again not to get picks when he throws into a crowd.

We could use Stokes' speed against Metcalf.

Joemailman
11-12-2021, 03:59 PM
Bakhtiari not ready. Did not practice today, which likely means he had soreness after practicing yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEBcTvUWQAsIGwV?format=jpg&name=900x900

RashanGary
11-12-2021, 04:52 PM
Bakhtiari not ready. Did not practice today, which likely means he had soreness after practicing yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEBcTvUWQAsIGwV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Maybe after the bye week. Someone said I was nuts when I listed Bakhtiari as not much of an improvement during the offseason. I kind of knew he’d be injured and late to the scene.

Joemailman
11-13-2021, 09:58 AM
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers has remained asymptomatic from COVID-19 and has met the NFL/NFLPA return-to-play protocols, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

All that is left now is for the Green Bay Packers to officially activate him by 4 p.m. ET on Saturday in order for him to play Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks at Lambeau Field..

texaspackerbacker
11-13-2021, 03:28 PM
I'm surprised that more hasn't been said in here about Rodgers being back and activated - GREAT news.

George Cumby
11-13-2021, 05:15 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers rookie CB Eric Stokes (knee) returned to practice today. Kenny Clark (back) practiced for second straight day.

Dominique Dafney (hamstring) and Marcedes Lewis (likely rest) did not practice.

Hey Joe, what's with the Edmund Fitzgerald? Are you opinineing about the Packers' season?

bobblehead
11-13-2021, 05:50 PM
I'm surprised that more hasn't been said in here about Rodgers being back and activated - GREAT news.

I was more worried about him living...not being vaccinated and all. I'm just grateful he bucked the odds and survived it.

scharpcheddar
11-13-2021, 05:57 PM
I was more worried about him living...not being vaccinated and all. I'm just grateful he bucked the odds and survived it.

Lol is this sarcasm? He had nothing.
Nothing. All propaganda.

Sparkey
11-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Rodgers on injury report with a toe.

scharpcheddar
11-13-2021, 07:58 PM
Rodgers on injury report with a toe.

Hahahaha

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2021, 09:28 PM

Mad can you ban this jag who cannot follow the rules at all? How is this post about football at all? Christ.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2021, 02:57 AM
Mad can you ban this jag who cannot follow the rules at all? How is this post about football at all? Christ.

Chill, hombre. You’re starting to cry like red. Pretty sure ole Bobble was just testing ole Tex’s sense of sarcasm.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 07:49 AM
Who's starting the GD thread?

Fritz
11-14-2021, 07:50 AM
I doubt that 69 is back this week. We need him for the playoffs, so there is no need to rush him back. He will need at least one full week of practice at full participation before he sees Love action.

69 has not been back in my household for a long time. I would, myself, definitely need at least one full week of practice at full participation before I'd see any Love action, but I can't practice that position alone.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 08:03 AM
69 has not been back in my household for a long time. I would, myself, definitely need at least one full week of practice at full participation before I'd see any Love action, but I can't practice that position alone.

If your soliciting for volunteers, you can count me out.

Fritz
11-14-2021, 08:12 AM
No. I keep messaging Drew Barrymore, but she's still not responding. I don't know why.