PDA

View Full Version : Will Bakhtiari be 100%

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 04:20 PM
He’s activated off PUP. It’s been just over 10 months since his torn ACL. Do we get David back at 100% or will he be a problem at LT?

If he’s close to 100%, the OL looks to take a big step forward as soon as he hits the field. The offense is close to clicking. Maybe 12 plays like the MVP again if he gets some blocking.

Bretsky
11-10-2021, 04:27 PM
He won't be near 100 percent til next year; it's just the reality of a torn ACL.

But even at 80 percent that should be a nice upgrade

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 04:48 PM
He won't be near 100 percent til next year; it's just the reality of a torn ACL.

But even at 80 percent that should be a nice upgrade

The biggest upgrade is wherever Jenkins moves to. He’s a stud guard and should shore up the inside.

pittstang5
11-10-2021, 06:14 PM
The biggest upgrade is wherever Jenkins moves to. He’s a stud guard and should shore up the inside.

This has me thinking about something else. Not to get off topic, but when Nijman was filling in at LT for Jenkins, I don't remember him being a tire fire. I actually think he played pretty good. Is Jenkins that much better at LT than Nijman was? Why didn't they put Jenkins back at LG and Nijman at LT.

RashanGary
11-10-2021, 06:24 PM
This has me thinking about something else. Not to get off topic, but when Nijman was filling in at LT for Jenkins, I don't remember him being a tire fire. I actually think he played pretty good. Is Jenkins that much better at LT than Nijman was? Why didn't they put Jenkins back at LG and Nijman at LT.

Nijman at LT or Newman at guard. Right, that had to be a discussion

Fritz
11-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Newman seems to have some egregious mistakes every game. I'd like to see them move Runyan over there and have Jenkins at LG, and maybe play Nijman and give him some help.

Joemailman
11-11-2021, 12:44 PM
In other injury news, have to be patient there too.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/11/return-of-packers-cb-jaire-alexander-not-imminent/

The Green Bay Packers still like the progress being made by cornerback Jaire Alexander in his recovery from a shoulder injury, but the All-Pro’s return to the field isn’t imminent.

Coach Matt LaFleur provided a quick update on Alexander on Thursday.

“It’s going good, but it’s still a long way out,” LaFleur said.

Alexander was present but not participating at practice on Wednesday, which suggested he might be inching closer to a return. LaFleur shot down that idea.

“No, Ja has been around, quite a bit. The plan is to continue to strengthen and allow his shoulder to heal. We’ll see where he’s at,” LaFleur said.

LaFleur also said Thursday that the Packers think there’s a “chance” edge rusher Za’Darius Smith could return this season, but nothing is certain.

“We’ll see where we’re at here in a few weeks,” LaFleur said.

The Packers played three more games before the bye week in early December. It’s possible the team is hoping for a return date sometime next month for both Alexander and Smith.

bobblehead
11-11-2021, 09:10 PM

I might be the biggest Nijman cheerleader here, but he needed help quite a bit. He is not a tire fire, but he isn't starting grade LT (yet). Jenkins is legit at LT. If he could get away with holding like Bak does he would be all pro.