PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo- Packers vs. Seahawks.

Joemailman
11-14-2021, 06:35 PM
First Packers shutout since 2018.

Dillon 128 total yards, 2 TD.

Jones 61 receiving yards.

Amos 1 INT and 3 PD's.

Might be a costly victory though.

MadtownPacker
11-14-2021, 06:38 PM
The cost of victory is never too much. Especially against seattle.

scharpcheddar
11-14-2021, 06:39 PM
In NFL history ,57 games have ended 17-0. 58 now.
As of today
4 games have ended in A 16-16 tie

red
11-14-2021, 06:53 PM
this type of offense isn't gonna take us far in the playoffs

rodgers better figure out how to complete a pass over the LOS

a gameplan built around dillon pounding the ball and a shit ton of screens just isn't gonna cut it

with that said, the defense IS playing like a super bowl unit right now

Upnorth
11-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Can we acknowledge dillion was a great pick?
I hope we aren't about to find out how important though. I want him to get more snaps but I like having him and Jones

Joemailman
11-14-2021, 07:31 PM
Reports about Jones is MCL sprain.

Bretsky
11-14-2021, 07:55 PM
I hope we aren't about to find out how important though. I want him to get more snaps but I like having him and Jones

GB Brandon or GMBrandon.....dude was pretty loud and over the top and all....but he pounded the table for AJ Dillon before that draft

I kinda miss that guy

Upnorth
11-14-2021, 08:06 PM
GB Brandon or GMBrandon.....dude was pretty loud and over the top and all....but he pounded the table for AJ Dillon before that draft

I kinda miss that guy

When we first drafted love then dilkion the deg I was pissed about 24 hrs. Then i saw what hey we're trying for. It might be our best draft ever if live if borderline great

RashanGary
11-14-2021, 08:41 PM
Dillon has been out playing Jones. We might be better in the short term. But NFL seasons are hard on running backs. Having both kept them both fresh.

If Dillon stays healthy we won’t miss Jones that much.

RashanGary
11-14-2021, 09:06 PM
I thought Kevin King had a good game. Stokes too.

Getting Jaire back will still be huge. If King and Stokes are still playing well, maybe we’d see more of Jaire in the slot.

RashanGary
11-14-2021, 09:10 PM
Newman still wiffed a time or two. Bakhtiari back will still be a nice addition.

RashanGary
11-14-2021, 09:11 PM
Now the Zadarius time table looks more pressing. Gary was holding it down but now we’re gonna need Z to come back if we really want to make a push

Upnorth
11-14-2021, 09:38 PM
Any update on Gary injury?

red
11-14-2021, 09:44 PM

didn't he fumble a couple times and get benched just a few weeks ago?

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 09:53 PM
Now the Zadarius time table looks more pressing. Gary was holding it down but now we’re gonna need Z to come back if we really want to make a push

Gary, minus the injury, is out-playing Z.

He's far more disciplined and is constantly near the QB, ball carrier.

Z washes himself out of plays consistently.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 09:54 PM
This was, like the AZ game, a REALLY satisfying win.

beveaux1
11-14-2021, 10:02 PM
If I had to pick between having a great defense and having a great offense, I think I’d choose defense.

With a great offense, you’re always one bad game away from a blowout elimination.

With a great defense, you’re always in the game.

It’s been fun having a great defense, even if it’s only been for the last 3 or 4 games.

Sparkey
11-14-2021, 10:08 PM
Any update on Gary injury?

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

#Packers LB Rashan Gary will have an MRI Monday on his hyperextended elbow, but initial indications are there’s no break or ligament damage, source said. Some early optimism for an emerging player.

8:55 PM · Nov 14, 2021

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 10:09 PM
Huge sigh of relief.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 10:10 PM
Dillon has been out playing Jones.

Agreed.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 10:11 PM
I thought Kevin King had a good game. Stokes too.

Agreed, again.

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2021, 11:19 PM
Gary, minus the injury, is out-playing Z.

He's far more disciplined and is constantly near the QB, ball carrier.

Z washes himself out of plays consistently.

Agreed. Gary is playing better than the 2020 Big Z. Not as good as the 2019 Big Z.

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Dillon has been out playing Jones. We might be better in the short term. But NFL seasons are hard on running backs. Having both kept them both fresh.

If Dillon stays healthy we won’t miss Jones that much.

I wouldn't say outplaying. Stats are comparable. Jones is so top notch in pass protection. We are going to lose something. When Dillon's not in the game, there's a big drop off to Patrick Taylor.

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2021, 11:21 PM
Stokes is so good for a rookie CB. He's like a fly strip. The two safeties are playing really well also. King has put together back-to-back good games.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 11:26 PM
Forever there were problems at the back end, communication or what ever.

Those problems are gone in the secondary. Players know what their job and assignments are.

Granted the pass rush is helping things but they are really playing well.

Another thing: these DB's TACKLE. They don't allow much for YAC.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 01:16 AM
It seems to be an MCL for Aaron Jones - not terrible news, usually a few weeks. Great if we can get him back for the playoffs.

smuggler
11-15-2021, 02:49 AM
Holy shit that's great news tex. Not only for 2021, but 2022 also!

Sparkey
11-15-2021, 07:12 AM
MCL's are 6 week recovery times.

hoosier
11-15-2021, 07:34 AM
Depends on severity of sprain. Jennings had one in 2011 and missed, what, three games. Granted, he wasn't quite the same when he returned in the NFCCG. Oh wait, never mind.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2021, 07:49 AM
MCL's are 6 week recovery times.

Articles I’ve read said Jones has had sprained MCL twice and missed 2 games one time and 3 games the other.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 09:20 AM
PFF College Football
@PFF_College

Eric Stokes Jr vs the Seahawks today
�� 47 Coverage Snaps
�� 4 Targets
�� 0 Receptions
�� 0 Yards

Stokes not getting much press nationally. Understandably, he's being overshadowed by what Diggs and Parsons are doing in Dallas as rookies. But really he's probably been better than Alexander was as a rookie.

Edit: Diggs not a rookie. 2nd year guy.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2021, 09:24 AM
It sounds like Stokes is going to be a stud. How the heck was a player like that available at the bottom of R1?

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 09:53 AM
It sounds like Stokes is going to be a stud. How the heck was a player like that available at the bottom of R1?

One knock on him was he tended to get grabby at top of routes. He's probably fortunate to have Jerry Gray as his position coach.

Bretsky
11-15-2021, 09:55 AM

He was considered to be really raw; great top line speed but I think a lot of scouting reports noted he didn't have good ball skills in coverage. But he looks good to me as well

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 10:53 AM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

MRI revealed that Packers’ RB Aaron Jones has “a mild” MCL sprain and he is expected to be out 1-2 weeks, per source.

:glug::pack::five:

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2021, 10:56 AM
He was considered to be really raw;

I don't think that was an issue. Dude had three years of experience going up against NFL talent in the SEC (two years starting). Ball skills were, and still are, questionable. The people that liked him saw his stickiness. Some downgraded him for being grabby, but I didn't see that as a huge problem. The guy on the other side of him, Tyson Campbell, definitely was overly grabby.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2021, 11:15 AM
I don't think that was an issue. Dude had three years of experience going up against NFL talent in the SEC (two years starting). Ball skills were, and still are, questionable. The people that liked him saw his stickiness. Some downgraded him for being grabby, but I didn't see that as a huge problem. The guy on the other side of him, Tyson Campbell, definitely was overly grabby.

Am I wrong or is he _very_ good right now? Like maybe not Jaire good, but like a legit number 1 that you're comfortable with?

Sparkey
11-15-2021, 11:20 AM

Awesome news indeed!

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2021, 11:22 AM
Am I wrong or is he _very_ good right now? Like maybe not Jaire good, but like a legit number 1 that you're comfortable with?

I think he's a really good #2 already. I'm not ready to give him legit #1 yet.

King Friday
11-15-2021, 11:24 AM

Let him rest all the way through the bye... Should be ready to go come Dec.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 11:33 AM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI

No "major damage" on Gary's elbow, source says. As Schefter just reported, he'll try to play with a brace.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Packers’ OLB Rashan Gary plans to brace his hyperextended elbow to see if he can try to play Sunday vs. the Vikings, per source. But Gary also has an MRI on his elbow scheduled for Tuesday to see if anything gets in the way of his plans.

Another guy who hopefully will be ready to go after the bye.

beveaux1
11-15-2021, 11:50 AM

If I had to pick between Jones and Gary, although both are indispensable players, I'd rather have Gary playing sooner.

Without him, we only have P. Smith and Clark as pass rushers.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 11:53 AM
I've got a rules question for Joe or anybody else who might know. I thought a difference between college and pro was that linemen were allowed downfield on a pass behind the line in college but not in the NFL. Yet several times on those quick screens we ran, we had linemen a few yards downfield ahead of the receiver and nothing was called. Is that legal or not?

red
11-15-2021, 11:58 AM

Guy gets points in my book. He's gonna tape it up and rub some dirt on it and try and go play.

You don't see that too much anymore

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 12:02 PM
Stokes not getting much press nationally. Understandably, he's being overshadowed by what Diggs and Parsons are doing in Dallas as rookies. But really he's probably been better than Alexander was as a rookie.

I've become less impressed with Diggs because it seems like part of his success is gambling too much in coverage.

As good as Stokes is doing, he should have plenty of upside to with that speed. Grabbiness seems to be coached on some teams college and pro. Good that he has seemingly gotten over it.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 12:03 PM
I've got a rules question for Joe or anybody else who might know. I thought a difference between college and pro was that linemen were allowed downfield on a pass behind the line in college but not in the NFL. Yet several times on those quick screens we ran, we had linemen a few yards downfield ahead of the receiver and nothing was called. Is that legal or not?

Linemen cannot be more than 1 yard downfield when the ball is thrown. I don't think it matters where they are in relation to the receiver.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 12:11 PM
Check out the game if you get the chance. It seemed like at least Runyon and maybe others were maybe 4 or 5 yards downfield on those quick screens to Jones.

QBME
11-15-2021, 12:14 PM
Linemen cannot be more than 1 yard downfield when the ball is thrown. I don't think it matters where they are in relation to the receiver.

Correct. Also in college they are allowed 5 yards past the LOS.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:20 PM

I'm ready to declare Mike Smith the greatest OLB coach ever. Not just for the job he has done with Gary, but look at the guys he developed in KC. They weren't top picks either, but every one of those guys became really good at pressuring the passer and Gary has done the one thing I doubted he could. He can honor the run and still get to the QB.

Also time to just stop the Gutes hate and acknowledge something I said after the AZ win. Gutes/MiLF/Arod is a three headed monster that simply wins football games, injuries be damned. Hell, they damn near over came losing Rodgers IN KC.

I really hope we can have a mostly healthy roster by playoff time. They are beating quality opponents without as many as 4 all pros at a time.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:23 PM
Stokes is so good for a rookie CB. He's like a fly strip. The two safeties are playing really well also. King has put together back-to-back good games.

I think King is up to 3 good games in a row. And the eraser move by Savage was elite. I can't really find a single fault in this defense right now even though I still question the DL depth. but ffs when the Cardinal Castoffs are playing the way they are, the sky is the limit....and its a testament to great coaching.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:27 PM

The reason I, and several others, were high on stokes was the competition he handled in college. When I saw the numbers he put up vs. Jeudy, Smith, Chase and others in the SEC I was sold. You shut down one elite prospect with luck....you face Georgia and Alabama and LSU and hold your own week in and week out, then run a sub 4.4? Well, I gotta believe there is something there.

bobblehead
11-15-2021, 12:28 PM
I think he's a really good #2 already. I'm not ready to give him legit #1 yet.

Cuz that is reserved for Kevin King the last 3 stellar defensive perfomances??

George Cumby
11-15-2021, 01:03 PM
I'm ready to declare Mike Smith the greatest OLB coach ever. Not just for the job he has done with Gary, but look at the guys he developed in KC. They weren't top picks either, but every one of those guys became really good at pressuring the passer and Gary has done the one thing I doubted he could. He can honor the run and still get to the QB.

Not only Gary, but Garvin is also playing at a serviceable level. He lacks Gary's speed, burst and power, but he gets some push nor does he get washed out of plays.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2021, 01:40 PM
The reason I, and several others, were high on stokes was the competition he handled in college. When I saw the numbers he put up vs. Jeudy, Smith, Chase and others in the SEC I was sold. You shut down one elite prospect with luck....you face Georgia and Alabama and LSU and hold your own week in and week out, then run a sub 4.4? Well, I gotta believe there is something there.

He played for Georgia. :)

run pMc
11-15-2021, 03:47 PM

I was hopeful he'd take to coaching and continue to develop into a contributor by mid-season. He's exceeded my expectations this year. The grabbiness was a concern -- some CBs panic and get grabby -- but by all accounts he's been a hard worker and fast learner. The mentality he has to go with his talent makes his future bright. All that said, he's NOT a legit #1 yet. If you had a Lions-y defense maybe you have him as your #1, but I'd say he's a decent #2 right now with more room to improve. Jaire and he could form a lockdown secondary.

RashanGary
11-15-2021, 04:23 PM
Next years secondary is going to be special. Amos is still in his prime. Savage is entering his prime. Jaire is in his prime. And stokes will be in his second year. Whoever plays nickel will be with a really good group. Maybe Shemar plays his way into that spot next year. Regardless, the top 4 should be an elite group.

Sparkey
11-15-2021, 04:31 PM
Next years secondary is going to be special. Amos is still in his prime. Savage is entering his prime. Jaire is in his prime. And stokes will be in his second year. Whoever plays nickel will be with a really good group. Maybe Shemar plays his way into that spot next year. Regardless, the top 4 should be an elite group.

Damnit RG, your Jinxing everything!

Guiness
11-15-2021, 04:38 PM
One knock on him was he tended to get grabby at top of routes. He's probably fortunate to have Jerry Gray as his position coach.

Did he make him wear boxing gloves? I remember another rookie CB who had that problem, seems to be working out better this time!
https://www.tcdb.com/Images/Cards/Football/39065/39065-3881826Fr.jpg

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 05:30 PM
Here's a shocker: Pete Carroll complaining about the refs after a loss. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32638605/pete-carroll-officials-played-huge-part-seattle-seahawks-loss-green-bay-packers

George Cumby
11-15-2021, 05:42 PM
Here's a shocker: Pete Carroll complaining about the refs after a loss. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32638605/pete-carroll-officials-played-huge-part-seattle-seahawks-loss-green-bay-packers

Hahahahahahaha.

The lack of insight is, well, actually, not surprising at all.

run pMc
11-15-2021, 05:50 PM

"The three plays that Carroll discussed in detail were Russell Wilson's first-quarter scramble, Aaron Rodgers' second-quarter fumble and Kevin King's interception of Wilson in the third quarter."

The spot on the scramble was iffy, but they could have gone for it on 4th and a foot. With the Rodgers fumble, apparently the tie goes to the offensive player, and I thought the King pick was dropped. Those calls could have gone either way, but I don't think they would have swung the game in their favor at all. Pete's just being Pete. There have been games this year where the referees have been much worse IMO, and honestly a few calls went SEA's way as well.

Maybe he should consider coaching his players to not get DQ'd or throw shoes down the field.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 05:52 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Packers’ LB Whitney Mercilus, who brought added pass rush to Green Bay since the team signed him this season, tore his biceps Sunday and will miss the rest of this season, per source.

George Cumby
11-15-2021, 06:01 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Packers’ LB Whitney Mercilus, who brought added pass rush to Green Bay since the team signed him this season, tore his biceps Sunday and will miss the rest of this season, per source.

That's super unfortunate.

Hope he heals up ok.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Pete Carroll may be a total piece of shit, but he has a case on at least part of what he is claiming.

The Wilson scramble: the explanation there is that he is down where he gives himself up - similar to Heinicke at the goal line.

The fumble: all I can say is Karma for the Fail Mary. Objectively speaking, it was shaky to say simultaneous possession.

The interception: sorry to say, it didn't look like King kept possession when he hit the ground.

Shit happens. Heaven knows it's happened to the Packers enough over the years. In this game, things kinda went our way.

pittstang5
11-15-2021, 06:29 PM
Just saw on bottom line on ESPN that Jones has a sprained MCL - out 1-2 weeks.

The out to 1-2 weeks has me surprised. Usually MCL sprains are 6 weeks, sometimes a little less. I'm no doctor - are they're different degrees of MCL Sprains? If 1-2 weeks is true, dodged a huge bullet there.

Upnorth
11-15-2021, 06:48 PM
Just saw on bottom line on ESPN that Jones has a sprained MCL - out 1-2 weeks.

The out to 1-2 weeks has me surprised. Usually MCL sprains are 6 weeks, sometimes a little less. I'm no doctor - are they're different degrees of MCL Sprains? If 1-2 weeks is true, dodged a huge bullet there.

This is his 3rd. First time he missed a game, second he missed 3. That is getting to be a chronic condition. I dont like that....

Fosco33
11-15-2021, 07:01 PM
Pete Carroll may be a total piece of shit, but he has a case on at least part of what he is claiming.

The Wilson scramble: the explanation there is that he is down where he gives himself up - similar to Heinicke at the goal line.

The fumble: all I can say is Karma for the Fail Mary. Objectively speaking, it was shaky to say simultaneous possession.

The interception: sorry to say, it didn't look like King kept possession when he hit the ground.

Shit happens. Heaven knows it's happened to the Packers enough over the years. In this game, things kinda went our way.

Replay of 1st one showed the call was correct

Rodgers did fall on the ball - tie to offense… hahaha

King - if an INT happens in endzone and he made a few steps - does anything else matter? Like if he was on offense and caught it, took a football move and then was hit?

RashanGary
11-15-2021, 07:43 PM

King - if an INT happens in endzone and he made a few steps - does anything else matter? Like if he was on offense and caught it, took a football move and then was hit?

They were weird close calls that could have went either way. Bad luck for Seahawks.

MadScientist
11-15-2021, 08:53 PM

More to the point, King controlled the ball and went to the ground. He didn't lose control until the receiver swiped at him when he was already on the ground. So it was a clear pick. They reviewed it and quickly agreed it was a pick. Carrol can whine (hey, do what you are best at), but it was a pick.

Joemailman
11-15-2021, 09:03 PM
Nice attempt by Carroll to distract people from the fact his team is an undisciplined mess.

smuggler
11-16-2021, 08:13 AM

In this case, he is not required to. Rules in the end zone are different. He only has to get two feet down with possession and make any sort of move. At that point, the best the Seahawks can get out of is a fumble, which is what the Seahawks receiver was trying to accomplish by stripping King.

George Cumby
11-16-2021, 09:20 AM
Fuck Pete Carroll with the three-pronged dick of Satan.

I mean, seriously.

Fuck that guy.

The Shadow
11-16-2021, 04:20 PM
This game made me once again happy we drafted Jenkins over Metcalf.