PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Queens Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-16-2021, 10:10 AM
Packers lead all-time series 63-55-3.

Last meeting: November 1, 2020. Vikings beat Packers 28-22 at Lambeau. Dalvin Cook ran for 163 yards and 3 TD's.

Offensively, Vikings rank 7th in yards per game, 9th in passing and 9th in rushing. Vikins rank 14th in points scored per game at 24.6. Cousins has thrown for 2434 yards, with 18 TD's and just 2 INT's. In 7 games, Dalvin Cook has rushed for 648 yards and 3 TD's. Justin Jefferson has 775 receiving yards and 4 TD's. Adam Thielen has 542 yards receiving and 7 TD's.

Defensively, Vikings rank 23rd in yards allowed per game, 14th in passing and 28th in rushing. They rank 16th in points allowed per game at 23.4. Opposing QB's have passed for 2147 yards, with 13 TD's and 8 INT's. Vikings have sacked opposing QB's 29 times. Danielle Hunter, who leads team in sacks is out for the year with torn pec.

Vikings have been in every game, having lost 5 games by 3, 1, 7, 4, and 3 points. That includes overtime losses to Cincinnati and Baltimore, and a 1 point loss to Arizona when their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal at the final buzzer.

King Friday
11-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Vikings are a good team. I fully expect to split the 2 games with them this season. I think the Vikings will emerge as one of the teams from the NFC that grab the last spots in the playoffs this year. If they could've had just a few plays turn their way this year, we would be looking at a much closer race for the division.

George Cumby
11-16-2021, 11:34 AM
The pieces of MN games I've caught show a team that's playing hard.

IDK if they are good but they aren't BAD.

I won't be surprised at all if we lose this one.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2021, 11:43 AM
To be fair, three of their four wins were by 2, 6, and 7. They beat Detroit on a last second FG and beat Carolina in OT. Against Arizona and Baltimore they had +2 turnover margins and a defensive or special teams TDs and still managed to lose the games--which is rare.

Tony Oday
11-16-2021, 12:07 PM
They are a shit D line and O Line team. SHOULD be able to destroy them but since we never win 1st week of Deer Camp I am guessing a loss.

Upnorth
11-16-2021, 12:50 PM
If we use a ground and pound we win. Similar game plan as against Seattle shoukd work well. Bit concerned about cook though

texaspackerbacker
11-16-2021, 01:28 PM
If our D continues to play decent/stop the run even with the cover 2 shell, we'll beat them fairly easily - even though they are a fairly good team. Cousins should be good for a pick or two. If our D can't dominate them, we'll still outscore them. I'm expecting a big bounce back game from Aaron Rodgers. It seems like they've been better against the run than against the pass.

RashanGary
11-16-2021, 02:53 PM
Rodgers was on the McAfee show. It was a bunch of soft balls. His toe sounds like it hurts but it’s fine. He wouldn’t get into how it happened, but he should be able to move around fine. He seemed light and in a good mood.

I keep thinking the offense is gonna start clicking at some point. Bakhtiari might make a big difference once he displaces the rookie from the lineup and the blocking becomes more consistent.

I also keep thinking the defense isn’t as good as it seems so the offense is gonna have to get it going at some point. I’m just surprised that crew, so similar to last year without Jaire and Z, I just can’t believe they’re all of a sudden so good. Hopefully I’m wrong on that front.

Fritz
11-16-2021, 03:53 PM
Well, if Bakhtiari can come back - I'm guessing for the Rams? - and Myers comes back, and they knock the rust off, this offense will look a whole lot different. Moving Jenkins to guard and maybe sliding Runyan over to RG, plus having Myers back, will shore up that middle.

RashanGary
11-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Well, if Bakhtiari can come back - I'm guessing for the Rams? - and Myers comes back, and they knock the rust off, this offense will look a whole lot different. Moving Jenkins to guard and maybe sliding Runyan over to RG, plus having Myers back, will shore up that middle.

I don’t know if Meyers replacing Patrick will make that much or a difference. But Jenkins inside with Newman out should be a big difference.

Next year Meyers and Newman will be poised to make a positive difference. This year I’m not so sure either really helps much.

George Cumby
11-16-2021, 04:01 PM
Rodgers was on the McAfee show. His toe sounds like it hurts but it’s fine. He wouldn’t get into how it happened

It's not a great mystery.

He just needs to keep his foot out of his mouth.

hoosier
11-16-2021, 04:56 PM
:rs:

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2021, 05:26 PM
I don’t know if Meyers replacing Patrick will make that much or a difference. But Jenkins inside with Newman out should be a big difference.

Next year Meyers and Newman will be poised to make a positive difference. This year I’m not so sure either really helps much.

I think Myers was better. Patrick has been okay, but Myers was playing well.

RashanGary
11-16-2021, 05:28 PM
I think Myers was better. Patrick has been okay, but Myers was playing well.

It’s marginal improvement at best. And being off his legs for a while, it’s not like he’s going to be in the best shape. Patrick is probably about the best we’re gonna do this year.

Next year, I foresee Meyers being a nice upgrade to Patrick.

Sparkey
11-16-2021, 07:38 PM
Maybe this offense we expect to suddenly show is a pipe dream. This is a different offense than last year. Far less play action and far more spread formations. There is hardly any misdirection and all this damn running out of shotgun.

This offense is Aaron's offense. The same crap that didn't work in 17 & 18. Right now, there is no way this offense gets the Packers to a SB.

Joemailman
11-16-2021, 07:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEWJzpeWUAUUrhD?format=png&name=large

Sparkey
11-16-2021, 07:51 PM
I've been reading good things about Galeai. Unfortunate his chance comes at the cost of Mercilus, but hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity.

George Cumby
11-16-2021, 08:19 PM
I was listening to Moving the Chains yesterday, Jim Miller was raving about TJ Slaton's play, eating up blocks freeing up LB's.

TBH I hadn't noticed that at all, but my focus is usually on the OLB's or Clark.

Has anyone paid attention to Slaton's play?

RashanGary
11-16-2021, 08:21 PM
I was listening to Moving the Chains yesterday, Jim Miller was raving about TJ Slaton's play, eating up blocks freeing up LB's.

TBH I hadn't noticed that at all, but my focus is usually on the OLB's or Clark.

Has anyone paid attention to Slaton's play?

I’ve noticed him holding his own. He doesn’t seem to get washed out. That’s a good sign for a young player.

texaspackerbacker
11-16-2021, 08:21 PM
It's the offense - Aaron Rodgers' offense - that gets the job done/beats pretty much anybody all the time except for a few fluke games. It's stupid to say otherwise. The defense is the frosting on the cake. If Rodgers plays just normally for him and the D is nearly as good as it has been recently, we win just the way things are.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2021, 08:48 PM
It's the offense - Aaron Rodgers' offense - that gets the job done/beats pretty much anybody all the time except for a few fluke games. It's stupid to say otherwise. The defense is the frosting on the cake. If Rodgers plays just normally for him and the D is nearly as good as it has been recently, we win just the way things are.

:)

27-17
25-22
24-14
24-10
24-21
7-13
17-0

In today's NFL that's the defense winning games.

Joemailman
11-16-2021, 08:51 PM

Packers are 19th in points scored. Defense is 3rd in points given up. Nothing wrong with that. Packers win Super Bowls when they have an elite defense. Look it up. Having a HOF QB isn't enough.

George Cumby
11-16-2021, 09:09 PM
They won on Sunday with Defense and the Running Game.

Think about that for a minute.

I, for one, enjoyed watching our team physically dominate their opponent.

texaspackerbacker
11-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed it more the years when we simply outscored 'em just about every game, but a win is a win is a win. I still say, it is the offense i.e. Aaron Rodgers that wins games, and I expect that to continue - hopefully long beyond just this season. As long as we win, though, there's no need to quibble about how.

ThunderDan
11-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed it more the years when we simply outscored 'em just about every game, but a win is a win is a win. I still say, it is the offense i.e. Aaron Rodgers that wins games, and I expect that to continue - hopefully long beyond just this season. As long as we win, though, there's no need to quibble about how.

And yet here you are quibbling after being shown that the O isn’t winning games.

texaspackerbacker
11-16-2021, 10:04 PM
So you're gonna say we would have won literally any of those games without Aaron Rodgers? In Harvey's list above, the offense average 23 points for each win even though for some reason he left out 35-17 versus the Lions and 30-28 versus the Niners. 23 points a game ought to be enough to win if the defense is even marginally decent. Can't we all just get along? hahahaha - as long as we win anyway.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2021, 10:28 PM
So you're gonna say we would have won literally any of those games without Aaron Rodgers? In Harvey's list above, the offense average 23 points for each win even though for some reason he left out 35-17 versus the Lions and 30-28 versus the Niners. 23 points a game ought to be enough to win if the defense is even marginally decent. Can't we all just get along? hahahaha - as long as we win anyway.

23 points/game is below average in today’s NFL. Thus, the 19th ranked scoring offense.

RashanGary
11-17-2021, 09:49 AM
The bright side is that once the OL is healthy, we have a chance to be better on offense than we have been and really make a push. Those free rushers, even 12 has a hard time with that

George Cumby
11-17-2021, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed it more the years when we simply outscored 'em just about every game

Yes. That is called 'winning'.

Most of the time when one scores more points than the other team, your team 'wins'.

Indeed, the Packers have been 'winning' for almost thirty years now, which means they generally outscore their opponents.

When the defense is really good and prevents the opponent from scoring as many 'points' it makes it easier to 'win' because one's offense no longer needs to score 35 a game to 'win'.

Joemailman
11-17-2021, 11:33 AM
Most of central and west U.S. , plus Alaska and Hawaii will get Packers game. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olson with the call. Lower peninsula of Michigan will get Detroit at Cleveland.

https://506sports.com/2021/11-FOX-E.png

texaspackerbacker
11-17-2021, 11:36 AM
That's very profound, George hahahaha. As I said, a win is a win is a win. Some guys like to see the D looking good, and that fine. I prefer to see our offense go wild even if the D gives up some points, but as you say, it's a win either way, and we're fortunate enough to have had that happen most of the time for over thirty years with Favre and Rodgers. That's the point, though, Favre and Rodgers - without them, mediocrity happens. Without Rodgers, good D or no, we would likely be lucky to be 2-8 instead of 8-2. Any of ya'all care to dispute that?

George Cumby
11-17-2021, 11:56 AM
I don't think anyone disagrees with the point that Rodgers is lights out and we are spoiled AF to have back to back HOFers as our starting QB's for 30 years.

Freak Out
11-17-2021, 11:59 AM
Most of central and west U.S. , plus Alaska and Hawaii will get Packers game. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olson with the call. Lower peninsula of Michigan will get Detroit at Cleveland.

Thanks Joe!

HarveyWallbangers
11-17-2021, 12:18 PM
Any news on Rashan Gary?

Joemailman
11-17-2021, 12:48 PM
Any news on Rashan Gary?

Nothing yet. Was supposed to have MRI done yesterday. MLF should be having PC today.

red
11-17-2021, 01:36 PM

i actually like greg olson a lot

he knows his shit, and he talks when he's suppose to talk. he doesn't try and take over the whole broadcast was lame jokes and stories like so many others

Joemailman
11-17-2021, 01:50 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said that he's hoping to get OLB Rashan Gary (elbow) back sooner than later. He said it may require him to wear a brace. He said he and Gary were talking about lucky it was not to have suffered a serious injury given the gruesomeness of the play.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Matt LaFleur on whether this is the week David Bakhtiari plays: "I sure hope so. Again, it's going to be a day-by-day process, and we'll see where he's at."

hoosier
11-17-2021, 03:38 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said that he's hoping to get OLB Rashan Gary (elbow) back sooner than later. He said it may require him to wear a brace. He said he and Gary were talking about lucky it was not to have suffered a serious injury given the gruesomeness of the play.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Matt LaFleur on whether this is the week David Bakhtiari plays: "I sure hope so. Again, it's going to be a day-by-day process, and we'll see where he's at."

Great news on Gary, hopefully the injury doesn't leave him too limited. Assuming they don't put him back in if they think he is at increased risk of further injuring the elbow.

MadScientist
11-17-2021, 04:34 PM
I forget, is day to day three weeks or four?

Sparkey
11-17-2021, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't expect him to play until after their bye. There is no need to rush him back.

George Cumby
11-17-2021, 04:42 PM

That was under M3.

This training staff appears a bit more on top of things.

Joemailman
11-17-2021, 05:41 PM
Packers just had a walkthrough today, so injury report doesn't mean too much. They gave some veterans a day off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEbhl_HXEAQrkWc?format=png&name=900x900

Joemailman
11-18-2021, 01:12 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers did not practice for second straight day. He was out with the toe injury. Rodgers has said he will “definitely” play Sunday. Worth noting Rodgers has not practiced since Nov. 1 because of COVID-19 and now the toe.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Other #Packers players not practicing:

LT David Bakhtiari (knee)
WR Allen Lazard (shoulder)
RB Aaron Jones (knee)
WR Malik Taylor (abdomen)
TE Marcedes Lewis (likely rest)

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers OLB Rashan Gary practice today, wearing a huge brace covering his right elbow. Matt LaFleur has said early part of today’s practice would be good indicator for whether Gary could play Sunday in Minnesota. He’s giving it a go. We’ll see if Gary is back out there tomorrow.

Joemailman
11-18-2021, 03:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEgaoQlX0AsxjSg?format=jpg&name=medium

hoosier
11-19-2021, 07:16 AM
Do Packers add a fourth RB with Jones down for at least a couple of weeks?

Joemailman
11-19-2021, 07:33 AM
Do Packers add a fourth RB with Jones down for at least a couple of weeks?

They have Ryquell Armstead on the PS. He played with Jax in 2019. With Jones possibly out only a couple of weeks, I doubt they go out and sign somebody.

Packers had Kerryon Johnson in for a workout this week.

George Cumby
11-19-2021, 07:56 AM
Fritz's ban needs to be lifted before Sunday, Mad.

hoosier
11-19-2021, 08:02 AM
Fritz's ban needs to be lifted before Sunday, Mad.

Huh? Are you for real?

Joemailman
11-19-2021, 11:12 AM
The Packers Wire
@ThePackersWire

Packers opened as a 2.5-point favorite over the Vikings but are now a 0.5-point underdog, per
@tipico

Good news. Packers are 3-0 ATS as road dogs this year.

George Cumby
11-19-2021, 11:23 AM
Eggcellent.

Freak Out
11-19-2021, 11:50 AM
Fritz got banned? Covid thread nonsense?

George Cumby
11-19-2021, 12:32 PM
Fritz got banned? Covid thread nonsense?

Yeah.

A bunch of folks are banned atm.

esoxx
11-19-2021, 01:48 PM
Good news. Packers are 3-0 ATS as road dogs this year.

The Packers are also 6-0 ATS in their last six games as a favorite. Either way some good trends pointing their way.

Joemailman
11-19-2021, 07:19 PM
Bakhtiari, Aaron Jones and Malik Taylor out. Lazard doubtful.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FElTjqzXwAQUrRT?format=jpg&name=large

Sparkey
11-21-2021, 08:09 AM
Should we start a tally around how many times the Packers run out of shotgun in short yardage ?

George Cumby
11-21-2021, 08:25 AM
Looks like Fritz is still under ban.

We need a reliever warming up.

Freak Out
11-21-2021, 08:36 AM
I nominate Harv. Or the Mailman. He can deliver.

George Cumby
11-21-2021, 09:12 AM
I nominate Harv. Or the Mailman. He can deliver.

I see what you did there but "No" on the Mailman, he started Week One.

Someone else needs to man up before that Troll jumps in.

Freak Out
11-21-2021, 09:16 AM
It's up to Mad then. Hopefully he wakes from his Cali Cannabis dreams to free Fritz in time.

Freak Out
11-21-2021, 09:17 AM
Holy shit...Rastak can do it. LOL

smuggler
11-21-2021, 10:26 AM
This will be an uncomfortably close game and we could easily lose.

Bretsky
11-21-2021, 10:32 AM
Hey Bitches; how you all doing ?

Sparkey
11-21-2021, 11:00 AM
Holy shit...Rastak can do it. LOL

That would be b perfect. Rrespected and informed poster with a view from three far side.....:-)

George Cumby
11-21-2021, 11:02 AM
+2 on Rastak.

run pMc
11-21-2021, 11:12 AM
Minnesota is better than their record...they could beat GB by 2 TDs at home just as easily as they could piss their pants in this one. They are fighting for their playoff lives, and desperate teams playing on home field in a division game spell trouble.

If I'm Zimmer, I blitz Rodgers like crazy up the middle. He's not as good vs. the blitz as he used to be, plus there's this mystery toe injury and he's barely practiced over the last 3 weeks. His deep throw accuracy has been below average also. Finally, the IOL isn't great right now with Newman the weak link.

Rashan Gary at 80% is better than Tipa or Garvin, so anything he can give in snaps is helpful...but I'm guessing they mostly play him on 3rd down as a DPR. The last few games have been against mobile QBs running spread-like offenses, Minny runs more power and Cousins has been efficient but he's Wilson/Murray. This is a game where the battles in the trenches matter. If GB can control the LOS they win this game.

Teamcheez1
11-21-2021, 11:13 AM
I think the defense will still play well, but with all the injuries, the offense needs to carry the game this week. Can they?

George Cumby
11-21-2021, 11:14 AM
Minnesota is better than their record...they could beat GB by 2 TDs at home just as easily as they could piss their pants in this one. They are fighting for their playoff lives, and desperate teams playing on home field in a division game spell trouble.

If I'm Zimmer, I blitz Rodgers like crazy up the middle. He's not as good vs. the blitz as he used to be, plus there's this mystery toe injury and he's barely practiced over the last 3 weeks. His deep throw accuracy has been below average also. Finally, the IOL isn't great right now with Newman the weak link.

Rashan Gary at 80% is better than Tipa or Garvin, so anything he can give in snaps is helpful...but I'm guessing they mostly play him on 3rd down as a DPR. The last few games have been against mobile QBs running spread-like offenses, Minny runs more power and Cousins has been efficient but he's Wilson/Murray. This is a game where the battles in the trenches matter. If GB can control the LOS they win this game.

Good post.

Agreed, Minny is dangerous.

George Cumby
11-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Looks like Fritz is in the House.

Bretsky
11-21-2021, 11:17 AM
if nobody does it by about 11:45 AM I will get one going but I will defer unless somebody tells me to start it up.

Joemailman
11-21-2021, 11:33 AM
I started the Gameday thread for the Saints game so I'm banned from starting Gameday threads.

Sparkey
11-21-2021, 11:46 AM
I'm in a tree stand with shitty cell service. Someone has to be start it so I can follow the game intermittently.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2021, 12:04 PM
It's up to Mad then. Hopefully he wakes from his Cali Cannabis dreams to free Fritz in time.He had been spared before several times he won’t be this time.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2021, 12:07 PM
I have enabled him for now so he can make the thread.

texaspackerbacker
11-21-2021, 01:08 PM
Why the fuck would you ban APB, CMI, Rashan Gary, and Fritz - none of which did a ban-worthy thing, and not ban Harlan who's guilty as fuck?