PDA

View Full Version : Way too early 2022 mock draft

Pages : 1 [2]

Anti-Polar Bear
04-22-2022, 01:56 PM
I rrsurrected Imy PlayStation2 with a hard drive, and I've been finishing my ESPN NFL 2K5 franchise game, Packers from 2004-2008.

Every year, the first round of the draft is only OT, EDGE, halfbacks, and CBs. I thought that was a glitch, but it feels very accuta for the time.

Point is, the Packers have spent a lot of 1st-round capital on freaky DL that get injured, bust, or just get figured out I'm for BPA, but I hope we've learned to not chase the dragon for someone who doesn't have a pro future.

Agreed. Even Cletidius Clark is overrated (and overpaid). Clark simply ain’t a dominator. His production ain’t any different from that of Raptor Arm Lowry. And screw the folks saying the Packers need to draft help for Clark. Does that punk Erin Donald make excuses for not having help? Hell no! Donald simply dominates.

Btw, I want a PlayStation 5! Can’t find any anywhere.

Deputy Nutz
04-22-2022, 07:05 PM
Green Bay Packers
Chris Olave
WR, Ohio State

Green Bay Packers
Boye Mafe
EDGE, Minnesota

Green Bay Packers
Jalen Pitre
S, Baylor

Green Bay Packers
Perrion Winfrey
IDL, Oklahoma

Green Bay Packers
Alec Pierce
WR, Cincinnati

Green Bay Packers
Jalyn Armour-Davis
CB, Alabama

Green Bay Packers
Matt Waletzko
OT, North Dakota

Green Bay Packers
Dohnovan West
IOL, Arizona State

Green Bay Packers
Jean Delance
OT, Florida

Green Bay Packers
Kevin Austin Jr.
WR, Notre Dame

Fritz
04-23-2022, 09:19 AM
Green Bay Packers
Chris Olave
WR, Ohio State

Green Bay Packers
Boye Mafe
EDGE, Minnesota

Green Bay Packers
Jalen Pitre
S, Baylor

Green Bay Packers
Perrion Winfrey
IDL, Oklahoma

Green Bay Packers
Alec Pierce
WR, Cincinnati

Green Bay Packers
Jalyn Armour-Davis
CB, Alabama

Green Bay Packers
Matt Waletzko
OT, North Dakota

Green Bay Packers
Dohnovan West
IOL, Arizona State

Green Bay Packers
Jean Delance
OT, Florida

Green Bay Packers
Kevin Austin Jr.
WR, Notre Dame

Two questions: will the Packers find Boye Mafe's age a short-term plus, as he's physically more developed than, say, a 21 year old? That is, are they aiming for picks that will help more short term, figuring their window with Rodgers is closing? Secondly, what position is "SAF"? I don't follow football like I used to, so I don't even know what an "SAF" is.

run pMc
04-23-2022, 10:37 AM
Two questions: will the Packers find Boye Mafe's age a short-term plus, as he's physically more developed than, say, a 21 year old? That is, are they aiming for picks that will help more short term, figuring their window with Rodgers is closing? Secondly, what position is "SAF"? I don't follow football like I used to, so I don't even know what an "SAF" is.

SAF = safety.
Maye scares me. Dude didn't get a lot of snaps for MN until his last year, and they aren't exactly a powerhouse. Being an older prospect generally also limits his career as well as his upside. I would expect them to look at other EDGE or DL prospects unless nobody is there. (I'd take Ebiketie over Maye also.)

GB rarely takes older prospects (Kyler Fackrell being a noteworthy pick) and even then I don't know when they've taken one in R1.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2022, 01:09 PM
3rd Run at this - Offensive heavy draft with trying to take the best player available along with roster needs considered.

With losing Z. Smith the Packers have a need for a 3rd edge rusher. The Packer have two of the top 25 pass rushers in the NFL with Preston Smith and Rashan Gary. Karlaftis is more of a power rusher with aggression off the edge. He is one of the premier pass rushers in this draft and the Packers can benefit from his versatility. He has the ability to contribute right away.
Green Bay Packers
George Karlaftis
EDGE, Purdue

I am not sure if this a reach or not, but a long, fast, and explosive receiver coming out of what I consider a top 15 program nationally, Watson fills a huge need for the Packers in a relatively light receiving group for the 22 draft. In most years Watson is probably a 2nd to early 3rd rounder, does have some questions about his hands.
Green Bay Packers
Christian Watson
WR, North Dakota State

I feel like this was the right slot for Pickens, although more and more mock drafts have him going a lot earlier, as mentioned earlier the receiving group is light for this year. Pickens is a large framed receiver that has suffered injuries that have kept him off the field for most of the 21 season for the Bulldogs. The Packers want athletic, big receivers that can block in the run game. Pickens has the frame.
Green Bay Packers
George Pickens
WR, Georgia

Probably too early for an interior linemen that is not quite the caliber of a Jenkins coming out, but if the Packers want to move Jenkins to tackle they will need someone to come in and compete at guard.
Green Bay Packers
Jamaree Salyer
IOL, Georgia

Packers have looked in the draft the last few years for a TE that can make a difference in the run game and pass game. Ruckert isn't flashy, but has a huge frame and can work as an inline TE in the run game. The jury is out if he can stretch the field vertically, but the Packers see his value in their zone blocking scheme whether as a y-off come backside in their split zone run game or on the line working against ends to outside linebackers in their wide zone script.
Green Bay Packers
Jeremy Ruckert
TE, Ohio State

Another Edge, mostly it the value board, but the Packers need work along their defensive line, and Robinson might not be able to contribute right away defensively but he could very well be an added addition to special teams during his rookie year and 2nd year as he develops.
Green Bay Packers
Dominique Robinson
EDGE, Miami (OH)

Wisconsin Product from Menomonee Falls WI. Had a huge pro day in terms of show casing his athleticism. It was a big move up draft boards as he went from a most likely a free agent to an earl day 3 pick. Silly smart on and off the field. His athleticism didn't exactly show up on the field, but as a 4i end in the tite front he was able to hold the B gap against double teams and down blocks.
Green Bay Packers
Matt Henningsen
IDL, Wisconsin

Weatherford is a hybrid safety/LB type, who will not be asked to play deep middle of the field coverage or line up over a traditional slot. But he could play against larger WR or TEs and give the Packers a plus 1 in the run game. He could be a dime LB or a Nickel SS.
Green Bay Packers
Sterling Weatherford
S, Miami (OH)

Certainly a prospect this late in the draft and the Illini certainly had their problems along the offensive line at the beginning of the 21 season. Vederian gives some position versatility but most likely will only be counted on as an interior offensive lineman.
Green Bay Packers
Vederian Lowe
OT, Illinois

Good frame and deep ball threat. Numbers and size are very similar to the previous wr picks from the Packers in this draft. Austin doesn't have the experience as some other receivers in this draft, but he did make significant strides in the 2021 season. He could give the Packers another athletic option on special teams while he works on his craft as a receiver.
Green Bay Packers
Kevin Austin Jr.
WR, Notre Dame

The Shadow
04-24-2022, 02:40 PM
It's always really hilarious when - right after the draft - everyone starts peeing their pants over signing UDFAs. Little fanfare over 6th & 7th round picks.
If the guys were so great, why were they not drafted?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2022, 03:33 PM
Crazy thing is that some of the FDA's will gain a big signing bonus by not being drafted

Bretsky
04-25-2022, 09:29 PM
FIRST TRY AT PRO FOOTBALL NETWORK

22 JERMAINE JOHNSON EDGE FSU
28 CHRISTIAN WATSON WR NDSU
53 TRE MCBRIDGE TE COL STATE
59 JOHN METCHIE WE ALABAMA
92 COLE STRANGE OG CHATANOOGA
132 ZYON MCCOLLUM CB SAM HOUSTON STATE
140 CHARLIE KOLAR TE IOWA STATE
171 MICHAAL CLEMONS EDGE TEXAS A&M
228 SCOTT NELSON S THEE WISCONSON BADGERS
249 VELUS JONES WR/ST TENNESSEE
258 EJ PERRY IV QB BROWN UNIVERSITY

I really don't think J Johnson gets close to us. Big run on WR's in round one ahead of our pick in this mock

Bretsky
04-25-2022, 09:59 PM
2nd One

22 Drake London WR USC
40 Christian Watson WR NDSU
53 Devonte Wyattt DT GEORGIA
58 Burrand Raimann OT Central Michigan
59 George Pickens WR Georgia.............................NOTE.......... ...Both TE's I wanted her were taken so I took BPA
92 Nick Bonnito EDGE Oklahoma
132 Jelani Woods TE Virginia
140 Michael Clemons EDGE Texas A&M
171 Marquise Bell S Florida A&M
228 Jack Sanborne LB THEE WISCONSON BADGERS
249 Jack Coan QB Notre Dame
258 Josh Blackwell CB Duke

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2022, 10:04 PM
I used to think the position shoudn't be valued very high as well, but then I started looking at all the best defenses, specifically the 3-4s. ILB like Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner and Luke Keuchly. I saw the Steelers trading way up to get a stud at the position. Perennially great defenses seem to all have pretty fricking good ILB....and even our own D took another step with the addition of Campbell last year.

1) Us having Campbell was kind of a big point. We have him locked up for several years. We don't play our 2nd ILB that much.
2) Personally, I don't see Devin Lloyd (below average speed) or Nakobe Dean (5'11") being a generational talent. Not enough to take in round 1 at a non-premium position. In fact, this is a deep ILB group where I don't see a ton of difference between those guys and Q. Walker, Muma, Chenal, T. Andersen, C. Harris, and Tindall. Damone Clark would have been in that tier. There's a big dropoff after those guys, but if I was going to take an ILB in this year's draft, it would be in round 2.

run pMc
04-26-2022, 04:39 PM
1) Us having Campbell was kind of a big point. We have him locked up for several years. We don't play our 2nd ILB that much.
2) Personally, I don't see Devin Lloyd (below average speed) or Nakobe Dean (5'11") being a generational talent. Not enough to take in round 1 at a non-premium position. In fact, this is a deep ILB group where I don't see a ton of difference between those guys and Q. Walker, Muma, Chenal, T. Andersen, C. Harris, and Tindall. Damone Clark would have been in that tier. There's a big dropoff after those guys, but if I was going to take an ILB in this year's draft, it would be in round 2.

I think you don't take an ILB high unless they are elite coming in - Patrick Willis, Luke Kuechley, Roquan Smith, Devin White, etc.
I'm not sure Devin Lloyd falls into that category, and the others are likely Day 2 picks.

ILBs are essentially mirror images of RB's - you can often get by fine with a competent "good enough" player there. Draft mid-round guys and see if they turn into something -- you might get lucky and land Fred Warner in R3. Campbell was better than what they'd been trotting out there, he's better than Blake Martinez and both were mid-round picks.

I do think they will want to address the position in the next two years. Much like RBs, ILBs don't last long and the depth behind Campbell is pretty thin. DC Barry seems to like LBs and Gute probably learned the value of having a decent one, so I don't expect them to neglect the position.

Jaire
04-29-2022, 06:40 AM
I think you don't take an ILB high unless they are elite coming in - Patrick Willis, Luke Kuechley, Roquan Smith, Devin White, etc.
I'm not sure Devin Lloyd falls into that category, and the others are likely Day 2 picks.

ILBs are essentially mirror images of RB's - you can often get by fine with a competent "good enough" player there. Draft mid-round guys and see if they turn into something -- you might get lucky and land Fred Warner in R3. Campbell was better than what they'd been trotting out there, he's better than Blake Martinez and both were mid-round picks.

I do think they will want to address the position in the next two years. Much like RBs, ILBs don't last long and the depth behind Campbell is pretty thin. DC Barry seems to like LBs and Gute probably learned the value of having a decent one, so I don't expect them to neglect the position.

Well they didn't neglect it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2022, 09:53 AM
I don't know that this guy is elite. We'll see. I would have still gone a different route, but I understand their thinking now. It fills what we thought was a need at 3rd S with a 2nd ILB that you don't need to replace with that 3rd S.

ThunderDan
01-24-2023, 10:37 AM
22: R1 P22 DL DeVonte Wyatt - Georgia
28: R1 P28 WR Christian Watson - NDSU
53: R2 P21 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
59: R2 P27 DL DeMarvin Leal - Texas A&M
92: R3 P28 TE Isaiah Likely - Coastal Carolina
132: R4 P27 RB James Cook - Georgia
140: R4 P35 G Luke Goedeke - Central Michigan

Just looking at this old thread about last years' mocks. Holy hell Joemailman, the first three picks in this mock went to the Packers.

Joemailman
01-24-2023, 11:32 AM
Just looking at this old thread about last years' mocks. Holy hell Joemailman, the first three picks in this mock went to the Packers.

Wow! That's crazy. Wish we had gotten Isaiah Likely. He looked pretty good for Ravens this year.

run pMc
01-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Wow! That's crazy. Wish we had gotten Isaiah Likely. He looked pretty good for Ravens this year.

Yeah that would've been a pretty good haul. OTOH their OL would've suffered without Zach Tom, and also Doubs was a good get. It's one year but overall Gute had a good draft. He repeats that and they could make some noise.

run pMc
01-24-2023, 01:00 PM
Well they didn't neglect it.

Now if someone could convince Walker that the opposing team's QB (or RB) pushed his back, they'd have something.
When was the last time a Packer player was ejected before this year? Quay did it TWICE, and that doesn't consider the body slam in the Vikings game.

I think he's got promise, very athletic, etc etc. but he's got to do some work on the 'between the ears" part this offseason.

Fritz
01-24-2023, 02:16 PM

Well, it wasn't Likely.

red
01-24-2023, 07:34 PM

He over drafted ever single one of our guys, what a shithead

Joemailman
01-24-2023, 08:58 PM
He over drafted ever single one of our guys, what a shithead

At least I didn't draft Sean Rhyan.

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2023, 09:39 AM
3rd round curse strikes again. Dude played the last of any third rounder. Might be another Amari. Does he even sniff the roster next year?

Joemailman
01-25-2023, 10:02 AM
3rd round curse strikes again. Dude played the last of any third rounder. Might be another Amari. Does he even sniff the roster next year?

Rhyan will either turn things around or be gone pretty quickly I think. Not sure what the deal was with him because he never showed anything. Never even got to the point where he was getting any reps with starters in practice even though the RG spot was there for the taking. Either he's just not an NFL talent, or he was dealing with some issues that were affecting his performance on the field. Too early to give upon him, but he really needs a major turnaround quickly.

Sparkey
01-25-2023, 10:45 AM
I would hope the Green Bay Packers organization is reviewing their drafting criteria in Round 3 and trying to understand why that particular round has been filled with such disasterous drafting.

My gut tells me that they use a focused BPA formula thru most of the draft, but somehow make a needs based pick in round 3. Maybe round three is focus strictly on players that they feel slipped lower than thought and draft them irrelevant of fit. Not really sure, but it obviously is not working and it is too high of a pick to consistently piss away.

Joemailman
01-30-2023, 07:36 PM
15: R1 P15 WR Jordan Addison - USC
46: R2 P15 S Antonio Johnson - Texas A&M
78: R3 P15 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah
117: R4 P15 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh
150: R5 P15 DL Dylan Horton - TCU
169: R5 P34 C Ricky Stromberg - Arkansas