PDA

View Full Version : Way too early 2022 mock draft

Pages : [1] 2

wthigoot
11-27-2021, 05:59 PM
I'm always way too early starting a draft thread. Here is an initial idea of a mock for 2022.

Assumptions:
- No last dance, Rodgers, Adams, MVS, Lazard, Tonyan, King are back
- 4th (for Linsley) and 6th (for J. Williams) round comp picks
- Picking 32nd

This is mostly a position vs. round draft only. Can't tell where these guys will end up ranked. Seems like Bell for sure will move up as evaluations go on.

Rd No Player Pos Ht Wt College
1 32 Penning, Trevor OT 6-7 321 Northern Iowa
2 64 Bell. David WR 6-2 205 Purdue
3 96 Wyatt, Devantae DT 6-3 315 Georgia
4 130 Carter, Zachary DE 6-4 285 Florida
4 136 LaPorta, Sam TE 6-4 249 Iowa
5 170 Weatherford, Sterling S 6-4 215 Miami (OH)
6 <Traded for Cobb>
6 214 Gunter, Jeffrey OLB 6-4 260 Coastal Carolina
7 220 Cantrell, Daniel LS 6-0 241 Boise State
7 248 Moody, Jake PK 6-1 211 Michigan

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Position vs. Round, I don't like it, especially the first 3 or 4 rounds. I notice you didn't make the assumption Crosby will be back. I'm thinking/maybe hoping he will not. No mention of Z. Smith either.

With the returnees and the experience the young guys got, we don't need an O Lineman in the first round or anywhere early. Ditto that for WR and maybe TE too. I'd take a pass rusher early as well as a ILB. We also could use Safety earlier. Forget the long snapper, just bring several in for tryouts. I'd consider taking a kicker earlier than 7th also. I'd also consider a late round QB just on the chance we could trade Love for a decent pick.

RashanGary
11-27-2021, 09:57 PM
I agree with Tex that we don’t need an OL. Meyers and Newman will be second year players and much improved. Nijman can be our RT. Bakh will be the left. Runyan should only get better too. Eventually Jenkins will be back. We have a lot of good quality young guys just stepping into their primes.

I do think we’re going to let Turner go. The money is going to have to come from somewhere next year.

wthigoot
11-27-2021, 10:53 PM
Interesting takes, I was thinking that the Smiths and Gary would be back for one more year. Know there might be cap issues with that. If they are back, get a developmental guy in later rounds. Anyone to help right away will probably take the first round pick.

Tackle looks thin to me. Bakhtiari, Nijman, and Kelly if Turner is gone, unless Jenkins moves outside. Certainly no need for interior guys as there is a lot of depth, but would like to have another good tackle.

There doesn't seem to be a real #2 receiver right now. Lazard was #2 for a while, MVS might be that. A new #2 would give everyone else better matchups; no money for a vet, maybe able to get one in the draft. Wouldn't use the first rounder for that; would use the 2nd.

TE is Tonyan (if back and healthy), Deguara, M. Lewis (if back), Dafney. Mid to late round for development, not urgent if all these guys are back.

Safety starters (Amos and Savage) are good, can get backups mid to late. I would be OK with taking one a little earlier.

I think Crosby is back but is on the bubble. Use the 7th for the kicker you want to compete with him (kickers seem to be drafted more these days, so maybe tex is right and you need to use an earlier pick for the right guy).

Use the other 7th for your choice of LS. That didn't work the last time as the drafted punter and LS were released, but you get your choice instead of hunting for someone in free agency. The PK and LS in the mock are from northern schools for the cold weather familiarity,

run pMc
11-28-2021, 01:17 PM
I think Z is gone. Both Smiths might be gone and then they'll need pass rushers.... I just see more needs on D than O. Granted, defense tends to vary more season over season than offense, but I think they will skew towards D in the draft as they get into Year 2 of Joe Barry defense. I could see them taking another crack at CB in the mid-rounds along with S. Sullivan has been ok and a good contract value for them, but I suspect they want to upgrade there, and my gut tells me Shemar J-C is not the answer. Vernon Scott has been a healthy scratch and Henry Black is not the answer as the third safety when they go to those looks, plus you want better depth behind your starting safeties than what they have. Devondre Campbell made himself a lot of money and is likely gone; they'll need to find another ILB who can play that role. I get the feeling Barry's D places a higher value on ILBs than Pettine, and Gute might draft there. I don't think they bring Burks back unless it's for cheap depth/ST, Summers is meh, and McDuffie is undersized. If they go D in R1, it's either for an OLB or a DL -- sacks/pressures and athletic 300 pounders are always at a premium. They can let Lowry and Lancaster go and plug Keke/Slaton next to Clark with a draftee backing them up.

What they do with Rodgers is question 1a, Davante is 1.b
They will need to figure out a few things on O, and I wouldn't be against taking a swing at finding a RT to eventually replace Billy Turner. Amari Rodgers will have to make a big jump; if Adams leaves the need for a WR goes up. I wouldn't draft a TE unless it was early on a bonafide player or late round flyer on athletic type who can do a lot of the Tonyan stuff. This was a contract year for Tonyan and I think his production/injury means they'll bring him back if possible on a cheap 1-2 year prove-it deal. If you look thru the list of TEs drafted vs. late round/UDFA's it seems like it's a tossup.

They might let Mason walk, if they do they have JJ Molson on the PS and they protect him every week... which means they like him. I could see them letting Mason go, and bringing in a few other K for a competition to save a few bucks but honestly the LS and holder (and blocking) are bigger issues IMO. Wish they could teach the backup QB to be the holder; would open up some interesting possibilities to pull fakes.

Pretty early - but what they do will largely be driven by cap space, Rodgers, and Adams. (They'll take the 5th year option on Jaire and sign him to a long-term deal for cap room too.) Every team has holes, enjoy this season. I think the roster will be very different next year.

smuggler
11-28-2021, 04:00 PM
We'll trade out of the first round and trade up from the third so we'll have three 2nd rounders.

RashanGary
11-28-2021, 05:10 PM
We'll trade out of the first round and trade up from the third so we'll have three 2nd rounders.

Gute has been pretty good with 1st round picks. Usually I’d like that 3 2nds thing but his 2nds haven’t been as good as his firsts.

wthigoot
12-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Will just post some draft news on occasion in this thread.

Senior Bowl invitees that have accepted:

https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

Compensatory Pick prediction (article is from this summer), 4th and 6th for Packers (wonder if the Campbell signing will erase the 6th, should get the 4th for Linsley though):

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-compensatory-pick-projections-for-every-team

smuggler
12-01-2021, 04:56 PM
Packers signed Campbell too late in the FA process for him to factor into comp picks, IIRC.

E: Yes, in order for Campbell to factor into Comp Pick calculations, he'd have to sign by April 27th, but the Packers signed him in June!

wthigoot
12-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Packers signed Campbell too late in the FA process for him to factor into comp picks, IIRC.

E: Yes, in order for Campbell to factor into Comp Pick calculations, he'd have to sign by April 27th, but the Packers signed him in June!

Thanks for the info, good news. Another lotto ticket is always welcome.

HarveyWallbangers
12-01-2021, 06:14 PM
I don’t see OT with the first pick. The Packers have four good OTs (Bakh, Turner, Nijman, Jenkins).

RashanGary
12-01-2021, 06:25 PM
I don’t see OT with the first pick. The Packers have four good OTs (Bakh, Turner, Nijman, Jenkins).

Turner could be a cap casualty. Jenkins won’t be back till mid season. So they have 2. But two is manageable.

MadScientist
12-01-2021, 10:31 PM
I don't understand people saying we don't need receiver help. There's Adams, and then a bunch of jags who are #4 receivers (maybe a low #3 if being generous). Maybe Copper develops, but more talent needs to be in the pipeline.

HarveyWallbangers
12-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Turner could be a cap casualty. Jenkins won’t be back till mid season. So they have 2. But two is manageable.

I’m not sure Turner is a cap casualty. They only save $4-5m by cutting him, and teams generally don’t give up solid OTs for that. Depends on the Rodgers situation though.

Guiness
12-02-2021, 08:57 AM
I’m not sure Turner is a cap casualty. They only save $4-5m by cutting him, and teams generally don’t give up solid OTs for that. Depends on the Rodgers situation though.

His overall cap hit is pretty sizable at almost $9m in the last year of his contract but there's a dead cap of $5m if they cut him. I don't think you cut a good performing RT for a saving of 4m, especially if Jenkins who could be looked at as an RT in the future isn't going to be ready by TC.

call_me_ishmael
12-03-2021, 03:35 PM
This looks like an ass draft. No good QBs. People are gonna be trading back. You know what that means? TIME TO TRADE JLO for an R1 :whaa:

jklowan
12-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Here is my 1st way to early attempt at one of these....
R1-WR Treylon Burks Arkansas
R2-DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
R3 Edge Ali Gaye - LSU
R4 Edge Tyreke Smith - Ohio
R4 LB Owen Pappoe - Auburn
R5 WR Romeo Doubs - Nevada
R7 S Josh Proctor - Ohio
R7 TE Derrick Deese Jr - San Jose State

Joemailman
12-07-2021, 02:56 PM
This looks like an ass draft. No good QBs. People are gonna be trading back. You know what that means? TIME TO TRADE JLO for an R1 :whaa:

QB certainly looks weak. Not sure how the draft will be overall. Out of Draft Network's Top 32, here is the positional breakdown:

Edge 5
CB 5
WR 5
OT 4
S 3
IOL 3
LB 3
IDL 2
QB 2

The 2 QB's were Matt Corral Of Ole Miss at 28 and Malik Willis of Liberty at 31. Willis is more talented but would likely be more of a project coming from a small school. He was originally in the Auburn program.

bobblehead
12-08-2021, 09:48 AM
I am not prepped to comment on the draft yet, but after watching Teddy Bridgewater relive his pro day I'm looking forward to the Broncos giving us 4 firsts for Rodgers.

bobblehead
12-08-2021, 09:53 AM
QB certainly looks weak. Not sure how the draft will be overall. Out of Draft Network's Top 32, here is the positional breakdown:

The 2 QB's were Matt Corral Of Ole Miss at 28 and Malik Willis of Liberty at 31. Willis is more talented but would likely be more of a project coming from a small school. He was originally in the Auburn program.

Don't sleep on Carson Strong out of NV. He looks the part. Of couse I only watch Big 10 and NV football.

Joemailman
12-08-2021, 10:23 AM
Don't sleep on Carson Strong out of NV. He looks the part. Of couse I only watch Big 10 and NV football.

Strong is as good a passer as there is in this class. But he's had some knee issues. If he can convince NFL teams the knee is ok, he could be the first QB taken. But even when healthy, he doesn't seem very mobile.

wthigoot
12-19-2021, 12:46 AM
Will just post some draft news on occasion in this thread.

Senior Bowl invitees that have accepted:

https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

Compensatory Pick prediction (article is from this summer), 4th and 6th for Packers (wonder if the Campbell signing will erase the 6th, should get the 4th for Linsley though):

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-compensatory-pick-projections-for-every-team

Just posting some more draft news. Missed the Friday/Saturday Bowl games. Anybody see anything interesting in those re: draft?

Next Bowl game:

Monday, Dec 20
Myrtle Beach Bowl
Old Dominion vs. Tulsa
2:30 p.m. EST, ESPN

Never heard of this one so not sure if it is a new bowl game or a renamed one.

Here is an article on the pro prospects in the game
https://thegamehaus.com/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2021-myrtle-beach-bowl/2021/12/10/

run pMc
12-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Strong is as good a passer as there is in this class. But he's had some knee issues. If he can convince NFL teams the knee is ok, he could be the first QB taken. But even when healthy, he doesn't seem very mobile.

Haven't watched a lot but I agree. I kind of like him -- he's accurate to all levels of the field. If his legs don't pass the medical forget it though. Bad knees at 22 is not a good sign.

smuggler
12-19-2021, 01:03 PM
Campbell signing happened too late in the year, so it doesn't count toward Compensatory picks.

Joemailman
01-01-2022, 08:43 PM

Matt Corral just suffered leg injury in Sugar Bowl. Carted off.

Mazzin
01-02-2022, 12:26 AM
I'm just hoping we keep Devante Adams, and a LEGIT first round reciever. The amount of attention Tae draws, will make a DECENT reciever "great".

Bretsky
01-02-2022, 01:29 AM
I'm just hoping we keep Devante Adams, and a LEGIT first round reciever. The amount of attention Tae draws, will make a DECENT reciever "great".

Nice to hear form you Mazzin

Upnorth
01-02-2022, 08:14 AM
Edge te ilb and wr are our biggest needs. Unless bakh can't get back.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2022, 01:05 PM
A big no way to that, assuming Tonyan is back and healthy next season. With him and probably Marcedes back and Deguara and Dafney and Davis, I think we are ok at TE. And ILB? Campbell, assuming we retain him is excellent. Barnes is just ok, but considering that not a huge percentage of plays we even have two ILBs on the field, we aren't too bad there also. And enough with the talk AGAIN of a first round WR. We have plenty of quality and quantity there. I thought that silliness got put to rest last season.

What do we need? Well, nothing extremely. OLB would seem to be the closest thing to a need. D Line we could use a clone of Kenny Clark - unless it is assumed that Slaton is gonna develop big time. Safety might be close. ILB maybe is third. I'd go with a kicker maybe as high as 4th round.

Upnorth
01-02-2022, 09:15 PM
I hope we can get a long contract on tonyon but I bet he only signs a 1 year prove it deal. Lewis is 37. Dafney and davis are big question marks.
Will we be able to afford Campbell?
How many we do we have under contract next year? 1 I think.
We will lose 1 of the smiths. Rotation is good.
I stand by my list of needs.

call_me_ishmael
01-02-2022, 10:47 PM
General consensus is this is just a horrible draft like 2015, no?

Joemailman
01-03-2022, 11:01 PM
General consensus is this is just a horrible draft like 2015, no?

I don't know yet. Seems weak at QB. Might not be one drafted in top 10. 4 teams (Lions, Giants, Jets, Eagles) have 2 1st round picks. Jets and Eagles also have 2 2nd round picks. They'll sure be disappointed if it's a weak draft.

Joemailman
01-04-2022, 12:32 PM
Badgers LB Leo Chenal entering NFL draft.

RashanGary
01-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Last year the thought was that it would be a deeper than usual draft. Due to Covid seniors were allowed a 5th year. A bunch of guys stayed in school. The 5th-7th rounds should be deeper than usual.

Joemailman
01-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Draft Network had 17 edge rushers in its top 100. Good timing for the Packers. https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Jermaine Johnson of Florida St, Travon Walker of Georgia and Logan Hall of Houston have the kind of size Packers are looking for.

texaspackerbacker
01-04-2022, 01:07 PM
Badgers LB Leo Chenal entering NFL draft.

A little bit unfortunate for the Badgers, but we've got a ton of high rated red shirts and recruits as LBs. Good Luck to him. He should be damn good in the NFL. He'd look good in green and gold about the 3rd or 4th round. Let's pick up one of those pass rushing OLBs in the first round.

Joemailman
01-06-2022, 06:59 PM
According to Draft Network, number of players in Top 100 by position:

QB 6
RB 6
WR 12
TE 5
OT 8
IOL 9
IDL 6
EDGE 17
LB 11
CB 14
S 6

Could work out pretty well for the Packers. Packers have lack of depth at Edge and LB. One of the Smiths could be gone. Campbell will be a FA. Packers also have a bunch of WR's who will be FA's. Might be a year to stock that position. More than any year I can remember, what happens at end of year and free agency could impact what they do in the Draft.

smuggler
01-06-2022, 08:01 PM
Top 100 players certainly includes more than 6 RB, if you're not taking into account positional scarcity or value. That's why no one bothers to draft a RB high, relatively speaking.

Joemailman
01-06-2022, 08:18 PM
Top 100 players certainly includes more than 6 RB, if you're not taking into account positional scarcity or value. That's why no one bothers to draft a RB high, relatively speaking.

There were only 4 RB's taken in the 1st 100 picks of the draft last year. I don't know how much draft sites use positional value in their rankings. Quite a bit I would think. They're compiling what they see as the top draft prospects, not necessarily the top college players.

smuggler
01-06-2022, 09:04 PM
Oh, of course, the number of backs drafted in the top-100 is quite different than the best 100 players, though.

Teams actually do draft based on positional scarcity and positional value. RB has the least to offer in those realms.

I guess my point is that a list of the top-100 prospects should be the 100 players most likely to succeed in the NFL, and there should actually be ~7-8 backs on that list, even if only 3-4 backs get drafted in the top-100. Meanwhile there should only be maybe 1 or 2 college safeties. Even if 5-6 safeties get drafted.

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2022, 12:39 AM
I guess my point is that a list of the top-100 prospects should be the 100 players most likely to succeed in the NFL, and there should actually be ~7-8 backs on that list, even if only 3-4 backs get drafted in the top-100. Meanwhile there should only be maybe 1 or 2 college safeties. Even if 5-6 safeties get drafted.

I genuinely am super confused by the above. Why would only 1 or 2 safeties be the top 100 players but 7-8 rubbing backs would be?

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2022, 12:40 AM
Pull another Rashan Gary this year. Draft an edgy, let 'em sit behind Prestone for a year. They desperately need a long boy at DE that can stop the run and make something happen there as well. I feel pretty good about the OL for a change.

Fritz
01-07-2022, 09:50 AM
I genuinely am super confused by the above. Why would only 1 or 2 safeties be the top 100 players but 7-8 rubbing backs would be?

Rubbing backs - sounds kinda perverted.

I think the idea of that post is that it's more likely that about 7 - 8 running backs will make it, but only a couple of safeties will do as well?

smuggler
01-07-2022, 11:20 AM
A lesser player at safety will get drafted higher than a better player at running back, because safeties are hard to find and running backs are easy to find.

run pMc
01-08-2022, 10:11 AM
As with many things, it depends on Rodgers.
If Rodgers stays, they have a chance to keep Adams too. They'll need to extend Jaire since he'll be on his fifth year which is pricey.
All that is a way of saying they'll have to gut their roster to keep those guys, meaning both Smiths are gone... so they'll need OLB/EDGE defenders to start. You'd have Rashan and nobodies; maybe they bring back Mercilus as a solid veteran/rotational depth, but they'll need bodies. I think they draft an EDGE player high.

They will need to find a replacement for Chandon/Henry Black. That would be the other thing I'd look for on Day 2 - a CB/S type who can play in the slot. I don't think Jean-Charles is the answer. Rasul will be gone so Jaire and Stokes are on the outside; they can get by there but the slot and 3 safety looks are a question.

DeVondre Campbell is probably gone -- he's earned a good payday. If he didn't get interest for some reason they could bring him back, but I don't know if Gute goes bargain bin shopping or tries to draft a mid-round LB. It's like RB; most ILBs wear out and aren't highly valued, although I think Joe Barry values them more (and uses them better) than Mike Pettine. Maybe that counts for something.

WR continues to be iffy; MVS is a FA but he I don't think he'll get much interest unless he goes off in the playoffs. He's been out a lot this year. Amari has a long way to prove he's even a rotational player. Aside from him almost all the WRs are going to be RFA/FA's, so they'll have choices there.
Tonyan's injury also means they can bring him back on a cheap 1-2 year deal. I'm getting to the point where I'm against spending a lot for a TE in terms of draft capital or FA money unless they are a special player; the bust rate is high and it takes a long time for those who do stick to develop.

DL - Kenny needs help. Maybe Slaton makes a leap; Keke's been out so much it's hard to tell. Lowry's played well at times this year, but he's either gone or brought back on a short/cheap deal.
OL - Njiman is a ERFA or RFA - they can slap a R2 tender on him and if anyone bites they can draft his replacement. The rest of the group is solid enough for now, but it never hurts to use a mid/late round pick on a developmental/depth player.

If Rodgers is not here next season, Adams is probably gone as well and they will likely have lots of draft picks (if Rodgers is traded), a big hole at QB, and probably some cap space to work with. Next year the division looks like it won't be that strong, so there's that.

While he's made some big mistakes, I actually think Gute has done a decent job so far in his tenure in drafting and FA. He'll have his work cut out for him whether they extend Rodgers (which I think they should) or not.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2022, 12:45 PM
If Rodgers is gone, literally nothing else matters - but he's not gonna be gone. Adams as you say, will stay with Rodgers. Yeah, of course they keep Jaire. Campbell should and will IMO be kept too; All things are possible if you use the cap right - extend extend extend. Rasul also probably will NOT be gone. Chandon and Black are not horrible. Anything less than using a #1 pick for a DB which IMO is unlikely probably wouldn't dislodge them. D Linemen take time in most cases. I'm moderately hopeful that Slaton breaks out like Clark did in another year or two.

So what do we draft in the First? I'm getting surer all the time it will be an Outside Pass Rusher. What else? Not really much needed - maybe ILB, maybe Safety, maybe D Line, we always draft a mid-round O Lineman, Kicker maybe unless they're convinced Molson is gold, that's about it ...... maybe a speed burner kick returner.

run pMc
01-08-2022, 04:14 PM
I don't think Chandon is horrible; I think he's middle of the road and they can improve there. I do think Henry Black is borderline horrible; when he's in teams pick on him... if Joe Barry is going to insist on using 3 safety looks they can definitely do better there.

I'd probably go OLB, WR, DB, DL, OL in order of importance, assuming the QB returns. Really, it's all about BPA... they won't draft for need in the first two rounds. (That seems to be R3 for some reason.)

I think MLF is good enough to scheme a few wins if Rodgers leaves, but you're right about not much else mattering. You need a franchise QB and Jordan Love isn't at that level yet and may never be. If the NFCN is as bad next year as it looks like it will be a 9 win team could easily sneak in as div champ. Detroit will still be rebuilding with Goff as their QB, Minnesota might have a new coach and their QB has a $45 million cap hit (AND IT'S ALL GUARANTEED -- Thanks Spielman!) and the Bears (even with Justin Fields and an aging/injured Khalil Mack) are still the Bears.

If the QB leaves I'd try to pry Tyler Huntley away from the Ravens for a R2 or R3 pick to compete with Jordan Love. It's a shitty year for QBs in the draft, and I think MLF could win with Huntley.

As for KR, I think either Amari Rodgers or Kylin Hill could do it next year. Amari is better at KR than PR. PR is an issue but I think they can dumpster dive for guys similar to David Moore or Tyler Ervin.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2022, 07:48 PM
None of those four guys have the kind of outstanding speed I'd like to see in a return guy. But I would be surprised if they get that kind of a speed burner. For some reason, they seem to stay away from those.

Yeah, scheme a few wins. That's about what they would have without Rodgers - a few wins, damn few even with a comparatively easy schedule and a supposedly mediocre division.

But R E L A X, Rodgers will be a Packer for the rest of his career - way more years than most of the nervous nellies think. If they're shooting for mediocrity, yeah, Huntley with Love would give them two flavors of it.

red
01-08-2022, 07:55 PM
do we need to start worrying about LT in the draft?

the Bahk injury is starting to worry me. the thing is taking way too long to heal. in a day and age where guys come back way earlier the a year for an ACL, he is now over a year

jenkins might be a good replacement at LT long term if he can come back from his injury without our training staff fucking him up worse. or maybe we just stick with the rookie, whats his nuts, he hasn't been half bad

but bottom line, is it time to worry about bahk and do we need to find some other o-line help?

i suppose we'll find out if he can still go in the coming weeks

Bretsky
01-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Assuming AROD stays, Adams will be here too. And they'll keep Alexander.

That will probably mean Tonyan and Campbell are going elsewhere for more money as well as others.

LEO CHENEL.....really want this guy. His tenacity, intensity, and high motor is what I want for this defense. And like TJ Watt, we've been able to watch him and his character right up the road so we shouldn't pass him by.

Agree another pass rusher, WR, and a tenactious DL would be a bonus as well. And then just BPA and fill out the depth

We keep Rodgers, Adams, and Alexander and we're sitting pretty fine

Fritz
01-09-2022, 09:34 AM
Absolutely one of Ted's biggest and most glaring mistakes: trading back and passing on TJ Watt. Ouch.

So is Leo "Coco" Chenel another TJ Watt or another Odell Thurman, Bretsky?

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Chenal is a beast inside. Knock against him is questionable coverage skills. So he's no Devondre Campbell. Probably an upgrade over anybody else the Packers have though. He could help himself if he does well in agility drills at the combine. Maybe 4-5 round.

run pMc
01-09-2022, 03:15 PM
None of those four guys have the kind of outstanding speed I'd like to see in a return guy. But I would be surprised if they get that kind of a speed burner. For some reason, they seem to stay away from those.

Yeah, scheme a few wins. That's about what they would have without Rodgers - a few wins, damn few even with a comparatively easy schedule and a supposedly mediocre division.

But R E L A X, Rodgers will be a Packer for the rest of his career - way more years than most of the nervous nellies think. If they're shooting for mediocrity, yeah, Huntley with Love would give them two flavors of it.

I mentioned Huntley because I think he could be pried away from BAL for a relatively inexpensive cost, and I think he's more accurate and a better scrambler than Love. Jordan Love has talent, but I worry about his footwork and especially his accuracy. I think Huntley could buy you a couple of years of being competitive while hopefully buying time to find/develop your next franchise QB.

As for KR, I think that's a different skillset from PR.
I think you want someone with enough size and build-up speed who can also pick the right lane to run through... so a RB can do that.
For PR I think you need someone with quickness and instant acceleration... those guys tend to be smaller and GB seems to have a roster philosophy that goes against having those types of players. Best I can guess at with their reasoning is that smaller players break down faster, and if they play offense they generally have a small catch radius and aren't good run blockers. I still think there's a place for a player like that on a roster though, but I'm not convinced MLF/Gute think that way.

run pMc
01-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Chenal is a beast inside. Knock against him is questionable coverage skills. So he's no Devondre Campbell. Probably an upgrade over anybody else the Packers have though. He could help himself if he does well in agility drills at the combine. Maybe 4-5 round.

I think Chenal is listed at 260? If that's right, that is one big dude. He'd likely be a better replacement to Krys Barnes IMO; I think DeVondre is faster and has better range than Barnes. In an ideal world Barnes is your ILB3 with Burks/McDuffie as your ST guys.

You're right about the agility drills - that could help him rise up the boards. Has he had to do much coverage? Wonder if he ends up more as a SLB in a 4-3.

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2022, 03:37 PM
I mentioned Huntley because I think he could be pried away from BAL for a relatively inexpensive cost, and I think he's more accurate and a better scrambler than Love. Jordan Love has talent, but I worry about his footwork and especially his accuracy. I think Huntley could buy you a couple of years of being competitive while hopefully buying time to find/develop your next franchise QB.

As for KR, I think that's a different skillset from PR.
I think you want someone with enough size and build-up speed who can also pick the right lane to run through... so a RB can do that.
For PR I think you need someone with quickness and instant acceleration... those guys tend to be smaller and GB seems to have a roster philosophy that goes against having those types of players. Best I can guess at with their reasoning is that smaller players break down faster, and if they play offense they generally have a small catch radius and aren't good run blockers. I still think there's a place for a player like that on a roster though, but I'm not convinced MLF/Gute think that way.

Love is not the answer, but Huntley isn't either. He runs better than Love, but he doesn't show much discipline. This is all irrelevant. Rodgers ain't leaving, and if he does, the team is in the toilet regardless.

Bretsky
01-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Absolutely one of Ted's biggest and most glaring mistakes: trading back and passing on TJ Watt. Ouch.

So is Leo "Coco" Chenel another TJ Watt or another Odell Thurman, Bretsky?

He's no Odell Thurman; Odell washed away because he was a bad human.

Character wise, Leo is more TJ Wattish. He was an unblockable beast in College Football.

I think a team gets a steal in round 2 or 3 on him. Some say he falls to 4; I doubt it.

Production wise for the Badgers he was TJ Wattlike

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 08:57 PM
WR Jameson Williams of Alabama, likely 1st round pick, out with a knee injury.

run pMc
01-11-2022, 01:33 PM
WR Jameson Williams of Alabama, likely 1st round pick, out with a knee injury.

If it's an ACL like Saban speculated, someone will still take him knowing his first year is a medical redshirt. Very good WR.

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 03:20 PM
Drafttek had the Packers taking him at #32 in their latest mock draft. https://www.drafttek.com/2022-NFL-Mock-Draft/2022-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1b.asp

smuggler
01-12-2022, 12:36 PM
That sucks so much. Credit to him for playing in an exhibition when his future was on the line, but he probably cost himself millions by doing it. If he goes from pick 32 to pick 64, it was probably about $5 mil...

esoxx
01-12-2022, 02:55 PM
Williams was projected as the #1 WR in the draft, sixth pick overall per ESPN.

run pMc
01-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Yep, if he fell to GB at #32, I wouldn't be against them taking him. (I think they have other areas of need, but he would likely be BPA, and they should draft BPA)

wthigoot
01-20-2022, 01:19 PM
Some upcoming draft events:

SENIOR BOWL
DATE: Saturday, February 5, 2022
TIME: 1:30pm CST
WHERE: Mobile, Alabama
STADIUM: University of South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Stadium
TELEVISION: NFL Network
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-senior-bowl-acceptances/

EAST-WEST SHRINE GAME
DATE: Thursday, February 3, 2022
TIME: 7:00PM CST
TELEVISION: Television:NFL Network
STADIUM: Allegiant Stadium|Las Vegas, NV
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-east-west-shrine-acceptances/

NFLPA CLASSIC
DATE: Saturday. January 29, 2022
STADIUM: Rose Bowl, Pasadena CA
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-nflpa-all-star-game-acceptances/

The HULA BOWL already happened - in Orlando. Do people in Orlando do the hula a lot?
DATE: Saturday. January 15, 2022
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-hula-bowl-acceptances/

Hula Bowl recap:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-draft-2022-hula-bowl-all-star-game-recap/ar-AASPZnz

Joemailman
01-23-2022, 10:51 AM
Packers will have the 28th pick. Other #28 picks:

2012: Nick Perry
1977: Ezra Johnson
1963: Tom Brown
1962: Ed Blaine
1952: Bobby Dillon

ThunderDan
01-23-2022, 10:56 AM
Maybe Phil wants ARod. They 3 first round picks I believe.

Joemailman
01-23-2022, 11:12 AM
Maybe Phil wants ARod. They 3 first round picks I believe.

15,16 and 19. Don't know if Rodgers would want to go there though. Denver remains the most likely target IMO. They have the 9th pick and 2 2nd round picks. They're a competitive team that needs a QB. And they've interviewed Hackett and Getsy.

ThunderDan
01-23-2022, 11:16 AM
15,16 and 19. Don't know if Rodgers would want to go there though. Denver remains the most likely target IMO. They have the 9th pick and 2 2nd round picks. They're a competitive team that needs a QB. And they've interviewed Hackett and Getsy.

Just joking about Phil. ARod wouldn’t go there for any amount of money. Just drooling over all of their draft picks that we could get.

Denver, I think is the most likely place like you said.

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 08:24 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-packers-trade-aaron-rodgers-and-make-two-first-round-picks-including-dynamic-receiver/

Joemailman
01-26-2022, 08:44 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-packers-trade-aaron-rodgers-and-make-two-first-round-picks-including-dynamic-receiver/

The top of the draft isn't considered to be very strong, so I could see the Packers trading down to pick up an extra 2nd round pick. If the Packers trade Rodgers and cap and trade Adams, could be a couple of interesting nights at the draft.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Never gonna happen, Joe. I'd expect that from some of these posters, but I'd expect better from you.

George Cumby
01-27-2022, 10:20 AM
The top of the draft isn't considered to be very strong, so I could see the Packers trading down to pick up an extra 2nd round pick. If the Packers trade Rodgers and cap and trade Adams, could be a couple of interesting nights at the draft.

That'd be worth watching for the drama.

Oh, wait. It's all scripted.

call_me_ishmael
01-27-2022, 10:49 AM
If they did trade Adams and Rodgers to the same suitor, I would ask for their entire draft this year and a #2, #3, #4 next year. Throw a lot of darts, TT style and go full rebuild.

I don't think they need to do this or will do this. Either way I'm excited.

Joemailman
01-27-2022, 12:01 PM
Never gonna happen, Joe. I'd expect that from some of these posters, but I'd expect better from you.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/2LbsnnLhaHUnC/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hr2w4r6d1xkaxggr77jvetvbne7b lqh4yvlqcrgg&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

run pMc
01-27-2022, 12:52 PM
If they did trade Adams and Rodgers to the same suitor, I would ask for their entire draft this year and a #2, #3, #4 next year. Throw a lot of darts, TT style and go full rebuild.

I don't think they need to do this or will do this. Either way I'm excited.

I'd take 3 R1's and 2 R2's for Rodgers and Adams. This upcoming draft class is a little meh in some areas and I think if you can get picks across draft class years you have more options and you don't have a crazy young team (or one that is all coming up for contract extensions at same time in 3-4 years).
The worry of course, is that those picks don't pan out -- look at what the Raiders got for K.Mack -- and you aren't any better. I think Gute is a better GM than Mayock though. The idea of having 3 years of Gary/Savage-like picks in R1 is a nice way to build a young talented team.

I wouldn't be surprised at all (I say this every year it seems) if they trade back to get more picks... they may need them this year more than ever as they likely have to make a number of roster cuts.

(It's worth mentioning a draft class takes up about $8-10M in cap space, so having a big draft class matters there too.)

red
01-27-2022, 06:22 PM
(It's worth mentioning a draft class takes up about $8-10M in cap space, so having a big draft class matters there too.)

sigh, every year

no it doesn't

call_me_ishmael
01-27-2022, 10:37 PM
I'd take 3 R1's and 2 R2's for Rodgers and Adams. This upcoming draft class is a little meh in some areas and I think if you can get picks across draft class years you have more options and you don't have a crazy young team (or one that is all coming up for contract extensions at same time in 3-4 years).
The worry of course, is that those picks don't pan out -- look at what the Raiders got for K.Mack -- and you aren't any better. I think Gute is a better GM than Mayock though. The idea of having 3 years of Gary/Savage-like picks in R1 is a nice way to build a young talented team.

I wouldn't be surprised at all (I say this every year it seems) if they trade back to get more picks... they may need them this year more than ever as they likely have to make a number of roster cuts.

Think more Savage than Gary. There's a good chance any picks outside of this year (the bad year) are in the bottom 4-6 of R1, R2, etc. I don't believe there is any chance they'd get three R1. We shall see.

NewsBruin
01-27-2022, 10:44 PM
I expect less for Rodgers, just because there's only 1 year left on his contract, but I'll be happy to take a 1st plus 2nd/3rd or 1st + 1st in multiple years.

Joemailman
01-28-2022, 10:43 AM
I expect less for Rodgers, just because there's only 1 year left on his contract, but I'll be happy to take a 1st plus 2nd/3rd or 1st + 1st in multiple years.

I don't think having 1 year left on his contract is an issue. Reason being Rodgers will want an extension agreed to, whether he's playing for the Packers or somebody else.

I think getting Denver's 9th and 40th picks in 2022 and their 1st round pick in 2023 seems reasonable. Or Jerry Jeudy instead of the 2023 pick.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-28-2022, 10:58 AM
I don't think having 1 year left on his contract is an issue. Reason being Rodgers will want an extension agreed to, whether he's playing for the Packers or somebody else.

I think getting Denver's 9th and 40th picks in 2022 and their 1st round pick in 2023 seems reasonable. Or Jerry Jeudy instead of the 2023 pick.

Yeah, the Jerry Jeudy thing has come up on the Bronco sites, just not sure Broncos would trade him if they acquire Rodgers, unless it is forced cause Rodgers won't go without Adams..

run pMc
01-28-2022, 11:50 AM
sigh, every year

no it doesn't

Eric Stokes counted 2.7M against the cap this year, lower picks less so. I might have been a little high on my 8-10M number, but I'm assuming they will be drafting higher or with extra picks. The draft class does count against the cap once they are signed.

What am I missing?

wthigoot
01-30-2022, 03:44 PM
NFLPA CLASSIC
DATE: Saturday. January 29, 2022
STADIUM: Rose Bowl, Pasadena CA
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-nflpa-all-star-game-acceptances/
\

Forgot this was happening and didn't catch the game. Looks like mostly small-school guys and other late rounders.

Recaps:
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-five-takeaways-from-nflpa-collegiate-bowl
https://fullpresscoverage.com/2022/01/30/nflpa-collegiate-bowl-2022-recap/

Highlights:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/american-vs-national-highlights-2022-nflpa-collegiate-bowl

DL Eric Johnson (#90 in black, 6-5, 298, Missouri State) got good reviews.
Hmmm... Small School DL rusher E. Johnson wearing number 90 for Green Bay - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezra_Johnson
No word if he ate a hot dog on the sidelines but he did look good on the one rush highlight.

WR Dai’Jean Dixon (6-4, 200, Nicholls State) had a few nice catches in the highlights. Might be worth a look.
From the one sideline throw, looks like he knows how to push off ("get separation") and not get called.

Joemailman
01-31-2022, 01:59 PM
Interactive mock draft:

1 (28) Devin Lloyd - LB - Utah
2 (59) Jalen Wydermyer - TE - Texas A&M
3 (92) Christian Watson - WR - North Dakota St.
4 (128) Isaiah Thomas - Edge - Oklahoma
4 (137) Rachaad White - RB - Arizona St.
5 (169) Matt Hankins - CB - Iowa
6 (224) Michael Clemons - Edge - Texas A&M
7 (245) Smoke Monday - S - Auburn
7 (255) Aaron Frost - IOL - Nevada

George Cumby
01-31-2022, 02:40 PM
I want Smoke Monday just for his name.

wthigoot
01-31-2022, 03:37 PM
I want Smoke Monday just for his name.

Seems like a good option, the Kool-Aid guy is not available for another year or two.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/kool-aid-mckinstry/7338

George Cumby
01-31-2022, 03:45 PM
Shit. I want him, too!

Spaulding
01-31-2022, 03:51 PM
Interactive mock draft:

I'd be ecstatic if Lloyd fell to us as he'd be a great replacement for Campbell and has sideline to sideline capability. Wydermyer would be okay by me as well. However I'd love to see Bell from Purdue available in the 3rd and if not Pickens instead of Watson. Rest I don't know enough about to say otherwise and so looks good. Getting Lloyd though would likely be a steal!!

wthigoot
01-31-2022, 04:00 PM
I'd be ecstatic if Lloyd fell to us as he'd be a great replacement for Campbell and has sideline to sideline capability. Wydermyer would be okay by me as well. However I'd love to see Bell from Purdue available in the 3rd and if not Pickens instead of Watson. Rest I don't know enough about to say otherwise and so looks good. Getting Lloyd though would likely be a steal!!

As a Purdue alum, I would really like to get Bell. Had him as Packers 2nd rounder in my first mock. Think he will end up mid-2nd though.

One good receiver in top 3 rounds would help a lot, MVS, Lazard, ESB, etc. get matchups they can win.

Joemailman
01-31-2022, 04:20 PM

I was surprised when Lloyd was available in this mock. I doubt very much that would be the case. I'd also be surprised if Bell lasts until the 3rd round. GBNReport has Packers taking Pickens in the 2nd round.

RashanGary
01-31-2022, 05:43 PM
Maybe this is the year we get a really lucky draft haul with 2 pro bowlers and three more quality starters.

We need some damn luck.

HowardRoark
01-31-2022, 09:45 PM
As a Purdue alum, I would really like to get Bell. Had him as Packers 2nd rounder in my first mock. Think he will end up mid-2nd though.

One good receiver in top 3 rounds would help a lot, MVS, Lazard, ESB, etc. get matchups they can win.

My kid goes there too, so ended up watching most of their games. Bell is really good; a few of those games he just took over - unstoppable. I was down there for Badger game, Jimmy’s D was the only thing that stopped him all year. It would be great to see him on Pack.

Purdue also has that Greek DE that has a motor that never stops.

jklowan
02-01-2022, 02:25 PM
Just bored.... I think this would be a decent draft, not sure Ross will last this long but was there in this mock, my guess he goes 2nd maybe 3rd round

Devin Lloyd LB, Utah
Perrion Winfrey IDL, Oklahoma
Jalen Tolbert WR, South Alabama
Tyreke Smith EDGE, Ohio State
Jack Sanborn LB, Wisconsin
Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
Smoke Monday S, Auburn
Sevyn Banks CB, Ohio State
D'Vonte Price RB, Florida International

wthigoot
02-04-2022, 02:39 PM
EAST-WEST SHRINE GAME
DATE: Thursday, February 3, 2022
STADIUM: Allegiant Stadium|Las Vegas, NV
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-east-west...e-acceptances/

Didn't see this one and there isn't really much info online. Couple of links below. Senior Bowl is tomorrow.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2953088-east-west-shrine-bowl-2022-highlights-top-performers-who-boosted-draft-stock

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-2022-all-east-west-shrine-bowl-team

wthigoot
02-04-2022, 02:43 PM
SENIOR BOWL
DATE: Saturday, February 5, 2022
TIME: 1:30pm CST
WHERE: Mobile, Alabama
STADIUM: University of South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Stadium
TELEVISION: NFL Network
PLAYERS: https://gbnreport.com/2022-senior-bowl-acceptances/

Senior Bowl tomorrow.

Here are the Great Blue North Draft Report's notes from All-Star Games, including Senior Bowl practices:
https://gbnreport.com/category/all-star-game-reports/

ThunderDan
02-04-2022, 03:13 PM
Fanspeak now has a trade options on their simulator. Here is what I came up with with a lot of trading back to get picks.

28: R1 P28 EDGE Drake Jackson - USC
92: R3 P28 WR Justyn Ross - Clemson
98: R3 P34 OT Max Mitchell - Louisiana
118: R4 P16 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan
122: R4 P20 LB DeAngelo Malone - Western Kentucky
129: R4 P27 G Jamaree Salyer - Georgia
135: R4 P33 LB Jack Sanborn - Wisconsin
157: R5 P15 CB Brendan Radley-Hiles - Washington
170: R5 P28 DL Marquan McCall - Kentucky
179: R5 P37 C Nick Ford - Utah
226: R7 P7 S Bubba Bolden - Miami
247: R7 P28 WR Bo Melton - Rutgers

run pMc
02-05-2022, 04:06 PM
Thoughts on Kyle Phillips? Like his route running and potential out of the slot as a likely Day 3 pick.
Regardless of what happens with Rodgers/Adams, I think they will have to spend at least 2 picks on WR this draft -- they barely have any under contract (although Rico Gafford and Josh Malone are intriguing super-long shots).

Joemailman
02-05-2022, 04:10 PM
Badgers TE Jay Ferguson with nice catch and run for a TD in Senior Bowl.

Joemailman
02-09-2022, 09:35 AM
Draft Countdown's Packer picks in 7 round mock draft.

28 Christian Harris LB/Alabama Harris' stock has been pretty volatile throughout the process this year, but after a tremendous National Championship game, he has risen back into the mid-first round. An explosive athlete who can cover Tight Ends as needed, Harris would add a new dimension to the Packers defense and be a perfect fit as an all around LB.

59 Trey McBride TE/Colorado State

92 Jalen Tolbert WR/South Alabama

128 Dominique Robinson EDGE/Miami (OH)

137 Myron Cunningham OT/Arkansas

169 Zach Tom OL/Wake Forest

225 Shaun Jolly CB/Appalachian State

246 Makai Polk WR/Mississippi State

256 Sincere McCormick RB/UTSA

wthigoot
02-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Combine invite list here:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-scouting-combine-invited-prospects-by-school

324 players in all

run pMc
02-09-2022, 04:57 PM
This year I would not be sad if Gute made a couple trades back to accumulate picks. I'm assuming they will cut a lot of players and they need to restock with talent. I suppose if they trade their QB and WR1 they won't have to trade back for more picks, they'll have other issues.

Also: others have mentioned David Bell, he looks like a good player to me and to be a solid Day 2 pick who will be a starter in Year 2. Like him quite a bit.
From what little I've seen of the WRs, I think Metchie > J.Williams > G.Wilson (OSU).
I think Olave is solid.
Jahan Dotson is a better KJ Hamler and might actually pan out in the slot. Maybe.
Not sure what to make of Drake London yet.
It's hard to tell with most of these guys because they get manufactured touches/bubble screens, or the corners play so far off it's insane. Any halfway decent athlete with a free release is going to be frequently open.

Noticing the QBs throwing to them: Bryce Young isn't bad, and the guy throwing to David Bell has some skill, but the other QBs (for OSU, PSU, USC) didn't impress me at all.

HarveyWallbangers
02-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Interactive mock draft:

Watson would be an excellent fit for the Packers, but he's probably not going to last until the late 3rd round now. He's a big receiver who is a solid blocker, has run a lot of jet motion, and has great deep speed. He's kind of a combination of MVS + jet motion guy that MLF likes.

texaspackerbacker
02-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Some interesting names on these lists, but I still don't think we need to draft a WR early or a TE at all.

ThunderDan
02-10-2022, 03:30 PM
Some interesting names on these lists, but I still don't think we need to draft a WR early or a TE at all.

The great thing about TPB is he is an idiot. The Packers top 3 WRs from last year are all free agents next year and we aren't keeping Cobb at the price we are paying him.

That leaves Aaron Jones, AJ Dillion and Josh Deguara as you leading receivers from 2021. Uhm.... where is the WR in that group?

ThunderDan
02-10-2022, 03:51 PM
The great thing about TPB is he is an idiot. The Packers top 3 WRs from last year are all free agents next year and we aren't keeping Cobb at the price we are paying him.

That leaves Aaron Jones, AJ Dillion and Josh Deguara as you leading receivers from 2021. Uhm.... where is the WR in that group?

In fact, where is a good TE in that group?

TPB bleeds green and gold and cannot look at anything Packers without seeing Pro Bowlers at every position accept OL.

Bretsky
02-10-2022, 03:59 PM

Unless you believe AROD just makes sub par WR's look so much better than they are (maybe he does) we need a couple WR's and maybe an athletic TE.

And if he's not back the Love Machine will need more

Joemailman
02-10-2022, 04:02 PM
Watson would be an excellent fit for the Packers, but he's probably not going to last until the late 3rd round now. He's a big receiver who is a solid blocker, has run a lot of jet motion, and has great deep speed. He's kind of a combination of MVS + jet motion guy that MLF likes.

It's early, but both Draft Network and Pro Football Network have him rated as an early to mid 4th round pick. It's a deep group of WR's this year. Draft Network has 15 WR's in their Top 100.

wthigoot
02-10-2022, 04:18 PM
Unless you believe AROD just makes sub par WR's look so much better than they are (maybe he does) we need a couple WR's and maybe an athletic TE.

And if he's not back the Love Machine will need more

I would agree. Even if everyone is back and fits under the cap, and is healthy, a #2 receiver would be a really good add. Everyone except Adams moves down in the the order and gets a favorable matchup. Lazard is #3 instead of #2, MVS is #4 instead of #3, etc.

Could be a veteran would be a better fit than a draft pick. But again cap issues...

texaspackerbacker
02-10-2022, 05:33 PM

You damn fool, do you seriously think Adams, Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, Tonyan, whoever else might be in the top 3 or 4 or 5 won't be back? They probably will cut Cobb, but I'd say it's a strong chance he then re-signs for a much lower amount. It wouldn't hurt to draft a WR late, even early the 3rd day, but it certainly is not a necessity - except to a few dumbasses who probably thought so last year and the year before too.

That's assuming Rodgers is back, and if he isn't nothing else matters anyway, the team is down the drain.

Upnorth
02-10-2022, 08:46 PM
I think maxx Williams would be a super solid relatively cheap fa pickup. Great run blocking te with great hands. Better than tonyon in both blocking and catching. Never had an enormous td year so likely affordable. Plus our coach loves running. If arod does go love needs as many reliable relief options as possible.

And I just reread this is a draft thread. My bad sorry. I really know nothing about draft.

run pMc
02-11-2022, 11:49 AM
You damn fool, do you seriously think Adams, Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, Tonyan, whoever else might be in the top 3 or 4 or 5 won't be back? They probably will cut Cobb, but I'd say it's a strong chance he then re-signs for a much lower amount. It wouldn't hurt to draft a WR late, even early the 3rd day, but it certainly is not a necessity - except to a few dumbasses who probably thought so last year and the year before too.

That's assuming Rodgers is back, and if he isn't nothing else matters anyway, the team is down the drain.

I think Lazard is back, and that's the only gimme bc he's an RFA. Tonyan is a maybe, if his rehab is going well I could see it on a cheap 1 year prove-it deal.
MVS plays an important role but one you can find in the draft. I think we've seen all the upside MVS has at this point. He is what he is and they could shoot for something better in a deep threat WR.
Adams' return requires cap manipulations, and even then you will probably get 3 more good years out of him. Meaning, they will want to draft and develop their next WR1. Amari Rodgers sure didn't look like it.

Remember when they had Driver, Jennings, Jordy, JJ and Finley? Yeah, their receivers are a far far cry from that. Gute has to restock the WR cupboard, they knew that coming into this offseason based on how all the contracts came off the books. I'm expecting at least 2 new faces in the group.
Malik Taylors and Juwann Winfrees aren't gonna cut it.

run pMc
02-11-2022, 01:13 PM
Generally avoid these; each site has different predictive rankings and they are constantly changing, but this didn't seem awful. Am going on the assumption that Cobb and the Smiths are gone as cap casualties, meaning IDL, OLB and WR are weakest areas for depth. Would need to sort out slot corner and ILB (another weak if oft-neglected area).

28.Devonte Wyatt IDL, Georgia
59. John Metchie III WR, Alabama
92.Boye Mafe EDGE, Minnesota
130.Jesse Luketa LB, Penn State
139. Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
170. Matt Henningsen IDL, Wisconsin
225. Verone McKinley III S, Oregon
246. Nick Ford IOL, Utah

Joemailman
03-21-2022, 12:59 PM
My 4 round PFF mock draft. Olave went with the 21st pick. PFF grades on my picks in parentheses.

22) Devonte Wyatt - DL - Georgia (B+)
28) Lewis Cine - S - Georgia (C)
53) Drake Jackson - Edge - USC (B-)
59) Jalen Tolbert - WR - So. Alabama (B+)
92) Christian Watson - WR - N. Dakota St (C+)
132) Zach Tom - T - Wake Forest (A)
140) Grant Calcaterra - TE - SMU (B)

Overall Grade (B)

Notes:

Vikings took Drake London at 12.
Jordan Davis went 16.
Jameson Williams went 18.
Chris Olave went 21.

Bretsky
03-21-2022, 02:26 PM
My 4 round PFF mock draft. Olave went with the 21st pick. PFF grades on my picks in parentheses.

Overall Grade (B)

Notes:

Jordan Davis went 16.
Chris Olave went 21.

Were the big 5 WR's all off the board when you selected ? Wanting weapons, I don't embrace your draft a whole lot :))

HarveyWallbangers
03-21-2022, 02:52 PM

Overall Grade (B)

Notes:

Jordan Davis went 16.
Chris Olave went 21.

PFF grades are dumb. Christian Watson will go on day 2, but if you take him on day 2 in the PFF mock, you'll get a bad grade. I took him in the 2nd round, and they gave me an F. I watched the Senior Bowl practices, and Watson clearly looked like the better receiver. Then, Watson blew Tolbert out of the water at the combine.

Joemailman
03-21-2022, 03:06 PM
Were the big 5 WR's all off the board when you selected ? Wanting weapons, I don't embrace your draft a whole lot :))

Williams, London, Olave and Wilson wwre all gone by 22. Not sure about Burks. He was not there at 28 though or I would taken him.

Sparkey
03-22-2022, 08:58 AM

LOL priceless!

Sparkey
03-22-2022, 09:02 AM
Williams, London, Olave and Wilson wwre all gone by 22. Not sure about Burks. He was not there at 28 though or I would taken him.

Treylon Burks scares me as a first round pick. He screams BUST.

bobblehead
03-22-2022, 09:38 AM

Overall Grade (B)

Notes:

Jordan Davis went 16.
Chris Olave went 21.

I'm still thinking Gutes will overpay to move from 28 up to either 21 or 23 so he can nab 2 guys he likes. Almost certainly a WR and then either DL or OLB.

HarveyWallbangers
03-22-2022, 10:01 AM
I'm still thinking Gutes will overpay to move from 28 up to either 21 or 23 so he can nab 2 guys he likes. Almost certainly a WR and then either DL or OLB.

I hope not. Gute is great in the first 2 rounds, and I don't want him to give up a 2nd round pick--just to move up 8 spots.

Upnorth
03-22-2022, 12:57 PM

Overall Grade (B)

Notes:

Jordan Davis went 16.
Chris Olave went 21.

Love the saftey at 28. Understated area of future need.
Suprisedvtolbbert was there in late 2nd

George Cumby
03-22-2022, 02:46 PM
So with these new developments has your evaluation of what you want to see drafted changed?

Top three for my little brain are:

Big, fast WR to threaten the D deep.

Another Big Body on the D-Line to spell Big KC.

A Specimen Tight End.

What say you?

jklowan
03-22-2022, 03:10 PM
wish there had been a better OT, but I would be pretty stocked with this haul...

22 - Drake London WR
28 - Jermaine Johnson Edge
53 - Perrion Winfrey DL
59 - Jalen Wydermyer TE
92 - George Pickens WR
132 - Leo Chenal LB
140 - Christian Watson WR
171 - Smoke Monday S
228 - Vererian Lowe OT
249 - Darrian Beavers LB
258 - Isaiah Thomas Edge

call_me_ishmael
03-22-2022, 03:59 PM
Harvey am I crazy or is Leo Chenal a plodder masquerading as a great athlete? Looking at his body type I tend to think his agility scores would have been pretty bad. He was great at Wisconsin though, and looked like a man among boys at times.

HarveyWallbangers
03-22-2022, 05:26 PM
Harvey am I crazy or is Leo Chenal a plodder masquerading as a great athlete? Looking at his body type I tend to think his agility scores would have been pretty bad. He was great at Wisconsin though, and looked like a man among boys at times.

You Badger fans would know more than me. I have looked at LBs much yet.

HarveyWallbangers
03-22-2022, 05:29 PM
wish there had been a better OT, but I would be pretty stocked with this haul...

22 - Drake London WR
28 - Jermaine Johnson Edge
53 - Perrion Winfrey DL
59 - Jalen Wydermyer TE
92 - George Pickens WR
132 - Leo Chenal LB
140 - Christian Watson WR
171 - Smoke Monday S
228 - Vererian Lowe OT
249 - Darrian Beavers LB
258 - Isaiah Thomas Edge

Mock Drafts are dumb. Jermaine Johnson has not chance of dropping to #28. Watson is not going late 4th.

I'm not a fan of Wydermyer, and now he just ran a 5.02 40 at his Pro Day. I want nothing to do with him. When I started watching TEs, he was the consensus #2 TE. I didn't like his tape. He drops a lot of passes and he's not a good blocker. Now, add 5.02 speed. His stock has dropped off a cliff during the draft season.

Bretsky
03-22-2022, 05:48 PM

LEO is the real deal

Bretsky
03-22-2022, 05:50 PM
Mock Drafts are dumb. Jermaine Johnson has not chance of dropping to #28. Watson is not going late 4th.

I'm not a fan of Wydermyer, and now he just ran a 5.02 40 at his Pro Day. I want nothing to do with him. When I started watching TEs, he was the consensus #2 TE. I didn't like his tape. He drops a lot of passes and he's not a good blocker. Now, add 5.02 speed. His stock has dropped off a cliff during the draft season.

JJ is going top 15; probably top `10ish. I think London is long gone before we draft. Gute would LOVE this draft. On Board with LEO as well !

Sparkey
03-22-2022, 07:05 PM
LEO is the real deal

15 years ago Chenal would be future all pro. His problem is he is a in the box linebacker without any abilities to cover in coverage.

Bretsky
03-22-2022, 07:18 PM
15 years ago Chenal would be future all pro. His problem is he is a in the box linebacker without any abilities to cover in coverage.

don't buy this part of your statement; he was often used as a 3 down guy who was utilized to rush the passer more than cover and has been projected to be able to play multiple LB positions. I'm not saying he's great at coverage but I think it's a stretch to say he's without those abilities as well.

Sparkey
03-22-2022, 08:25 PM
don't buy this part of your statement; he was often used as a 3 down guy who was utilized to rush the passer more than cover and has been projected to be able to play multiple LB positions. I'm not saying he's great at coverage but I think it's a stretch to say he's without those abilities as well.

He will get eaten up by rb's on wheel routes and sluggo's and I don't think he will be very good in zone drops.

As an in the box run defender, he should be real good as he is exceptionally strong and knows how to pop guys. But the poor lateral agility will hold him back.

Hope I am wrong, but stiff muscle bound guys don't suddenly gain fluidity. I will add, he could possibly play a role similar to Zadarius Smith and as an interior pass rush specialist, he was excellent at WI.

Bretsky
03-22-2022, 09:52 PM
He will get eaten up by rb's on wheel routes and sluggo's and I don't think he will be very good in zone drops.

As an in the box run defender, he should be real good as he is exceptionally strong and knows how to pop guys. But the poor lateral agility will hold him back.

Hope I am wrong, but stiff muscle bound guys don't suddenly gain fluidity. I will add, he could possibly play a role similar to Zadarius Smith and as an interior pass rush specialist, he was excellent at WI.

I really think he can be a dominant pass rusher at the next level if he gets drafted by a creative and elite DC (like Jim Leonard) that moves him around in the NFL. I would not restrict him to the inside only. He's shown improvement vs the pass each year although he's not a guy who can get spread out vs a RB like Aaron Jones or run down the middle with a fast TE. But I think he'll be ok in the zone.

His leadership, intensity, and motor is over the top like TJ Watt was. That's just the drive he has.

I think he'll fall to round 3 and I'd be elated if GB got him there (cause I think he'll be ok and all our 3rd round picks suck anyways).

Curious.....are you an intense WI Badger fan ? Gosh I think after last season he's the 2nd or 3rd best LB I've seen there in the last twenty or so years.

He was the guy I was hoping stayed another year.

Joemailman
03-23-2022, 02:39 PM
Drafttek's Packer picks in latest mock. This mock might have been done bedore the Packers signed Reed.

22) Drake London - WR - USC
28) Devonte Wyatt - DL - Georgia
53) Trey McBride - TE - Colorado St.
59) Logan Hall - DL - Houston
92) Amare Barno - Edge - Virginia Tech
132) Leon O'Neal Jr. - S - Texas A&M
140) Eyioma Uwazurike - DL - Iowa St.
171) Aaron Hansford - LB - Texas A&M
228) Alontae Taylor - CB - Tennessee
249) T.J. Pledger - RB - Utah
258) Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - Notre Dame

RashanGary
03-23-2022, 02:50 PM
Even with Jerran Reed, if you can land a quality DL you still do it.

Joemailman
03-23-2022, 03:16 PM
Even with Jerran Reed, if you can land a quality DL you still do it.

I agree, but that mock had the Packers drafting 3 DL in the 1st 4 rounds. There's only so many roster spots. Probably 6 for DL.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2022, 03:17 PM

I watched him a bit. There's truth to this. He's not a good coverage LB now--despite his measurables. I read an article that he's similar to Bernardrick McKinney for this reason. McKinney tested well, but was a run thumper and not good in coverage coming out. However, he was taken in the second round and did develop enough to be a decent coverage LB--because he had a base of athleticism to work from.

SudsMcBucky
03-23-2022, 03:26 PM
Drafttek's Packer picks in latest mock. This mock might have been done bedore the Packers signed Reed.

22) Drake London - WR - USC
28) Devonte Wyatt - DL - Georgia
53) Trey McBride - TE - Colorado St.
59) Logan Hall - DL - Houston
92) Amare Barno - Edge - Virginia Tech
132) Leon O'Neal Jr. - S - Texas A&M
140) Eyioma Uwazurike - DL - Iowa St.
171) Aaron Hansford - LB - Texas A&M
228) Alontae Taylor - CB - Tennessee
249) T.J. Pledger - RB - Utah
258) Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - Notre Dame

I love those first 2 picks especially, but I would've taken another WR in the 2nd, too.

ThunderDan
03-24-2022, 06:18 PM

This post is looking better every day. Who is the damn fool now?

Bretsky
03-24-2022, 08:38 PM
Well in Tex's defense we have kept Tonyan, Douglas, and Campbell. But I'd argue that had we kept Devante we would not have signed Douglas IMO

Joemailman
03-24-2022, 08:45 PM
Well in Tex's defense we have kept Tonyan, Douglas, and Campbell. But I'd argue that had we kept Devante we would not have signed Douglas IMO

Wouldn't have Reed either.

texaspackerbacker
03-24-2022, 09:03 PM
We could probably go into the season with what we have right now and be a top level offense with Aaron Rodgers, but we won't. We'll get somebody in free agency and ya'all craving a high drafted WR will finally get your wish - that hopefully won't be a bust.

I have to admit, I didn't see losing Adams coming. Which of my shithead critics did? I also didn't see MVS getting $10 -12 million a year for 3 years. I thought the Packers would re-sign him for maybe $7 - 8 million a year, so ya'all that saw that coming, go ahead and brag about it ....... did any of ya'all think somebody else would overpay like that?

RashanGary
03-24-2022, 09:07 PM
We could probably go into the season with what we have right now and be a top level offense with Aaron Rodgers, but we won't. We'll get somebody in free agency and ya'all craving a high drafted WR will finally get your wish - that hopefully won't be a bust.

I have to admit, I didn't see losing Adams coming. Which of my shithead critics did? I also didn't see MVS getting $10 -12 million a year for 3 years. I thought the Packers would re-sign him for maybe $7 - 8 million a year, so ya'all that saw that coming, go ahead and brag about it ....... did any of ya'all think somebody else would overpay like that?

You were wrong about the cap not being real. There is no way we let Zadarius and Adams go if the cap is not real. Those are two really good players. Turner, MVS and Patrick are alright too.

texaspackerbacker
03-24-2022, 09:16 PM
Uh no. We could easily have afforded Davante if he had decided to stay. Everybody knew we would lose Zadarius, although I'd say we could easily have restructured and extended him too if it had been a good idea - the Vikings are gonna regret paying him that much, mark that down as a prediction too. MVS is good - better than many in here give him credit for, but he ain't worth what KC paid him. Turner and Patrick are not significant losses. We will probably the MVS money to get Fuller or that other DeVante or somebody decent at WR. We can still save a lot more on the cap by extending Alexander and Amos if need be. Everything is gonna be fine.

I never said the cap ain't real. I just said it ain't that hard to beat.

ThunderDan
03-24-2022, 09:34 PM

Except we were specifically talking about pass catchers.

We have Lazard with 40 catches, Cobb with 28 and Deguara with 25. Those are our top WR and TE left on the roster.

Tonyan is coming back from an ACL and he only had 18 catches in 8 games before the injury.

We need to get lucky and have 1 of the top WR drop to us in the draft.

ThunderDan
03-24-2022, 09:38 PM
We had Adams and a bunch of 3s and 4s on our team last year in my opinion. We needed more talent.

Now all we have is 1 2/3 and a bunch of 4s. We really need a lot more talent.

Bretsky
03-24-2022, 11:45 PM
We had Adams and a bunch of 3s and 4s on our team last year in my opinion. We needed more talent.

Now all we have is 1 2/3 and a bunch of 4s. We really need a lot more talent.

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

Joemailman
03-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Chad Reuter has Lions taking Malik Willis at #2. He's not the only one projecting this.

Packers picks in Reuter's 4 round mock draft:

22) Trevor Penning - OT - Northern Iowa
28) Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas
53) Skyy Moore - WR - Western Michigan
59) Tariq Castro-Fields - CB - Penn St.
92) Kingsley Enagbare - Edge - South Carolina
132) Brandon Smith - LB - Penn St.
140) Zach Carter - DL - Florida

Fritz
03-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Even though OT's are crucial, it's one of the most boring early-round picks there is. I remember when they drafted Bulaga - I just couldn't get that excited, even though he was a solid pick.

I am hoping that they think Nijman can play RT until Jenkins gets back, and that they don't draft an OT too high. Just to satisfy me, basically, and my desire for an exciting pick.

run pMc
03-29-2022, 09:06 AM
Even though OT's are crucial, it's one of the most boring early-round picks there is. I remember when they drafted Bulaga - I just couldn't get that excited, even though he was a solid pick.

I am hoping that they think Nijman can play RT until Jenkins gets back, and that they don't draft an OT too high. Just to satisfy me, basically, and my desire for an exciting pick.

IIRC Bulaga was among the best OT in that year's draft, a poor one for OT, and he dropped a bit lower than expected... so it was a decent pick. Plus he turned out pretty good. Historically speaking, you have to take a LT earlier in the draft - Bahktiari is actually an exception. Agree they are boring, but if you hit on even an above average one (Clifton?) then they are worth it and you're probably set for 10 years.

The WR talent has been talked about to death at this point, and I don't see that stopping until next offseason. Currently Amari Rodgers would be the only WR on the roster in 2023, so yes they will absolutely do something. How they manage to find players to collectively match Adams' production (it will have to be Moneyballed/aggregated by 2+ WRs) of ~120 catches 1500 yards and 11 TDs is up to Gute and Co. That's a lot of production, especially when you consider how little the rest of the group provided.
Don't freak out if Day 1 ends and they haven't taken a WR; wait until the end of Day 2. 5 picks in R1-3 (assuming no trades) will produce at least one if not two picks there.

SudsMcBucky
03-29-2022, 09:46 AM
IIRC Bulaga was among the best OT in that year's draft, a poor one for OT, and he dropped a bit lower than expected... so it was a decent pick. Plus he turned out pretty good. Historically speaking, you have to take a LT earlier in the draft - Bahktiari is actually an exception. Agree they are boring, but if you hit on even an above average one (Clifton?) then they are worth it and you're probably set for 10 years.

The WR talent has been talked about to death at this point, and I don't see that stopping until next offseason. Currently Amari Rodgers would be the only WR on the roster in 2023, so yes they will absolutely do something. How they manage to find players to collectively match Adams' production (it will have to be Moneyballed/aggregated by 2+ WRs) of ~120 catches 1500 yards and 11 TDs is up to Gute and Co. That's a lot of production, especially when you consider how little the rest of the group provided.
Don't freak out if Day 1 ends and they haven't taken a WR; wait until the end of Day 2. 5 picks in R1-3 (assuming no trades) will produce at least one if not two picks there.

Gotta be honest, we've been so negligent at drafting the WR position that if we DON'T take 1 in R1, I'll be upset even if we get 1 in free agency prior.

George Cumby
03-29-2022, 03:17 PM
Chad Reuter has Lions taking Malik Willis at #2. He's not the only one projecting this.

Packers picks in Reuter's 4 round mock draft:

22) Trevor Penning - OT - Northern Iowa
28) Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas
53) Skyy Moore - WR - Western Michigan
59) Tariq Castro-Fields - CB - Penn St.
92) Kingsley Enagbare - Edge - South Carolina
132) Brandon Smith - LB - Penn St.
140) Zach Carter - DL - Florida

I would love for them to pick an OT first just to watch people lose their fucking minds.

Joemailman
03-29-2022, 04:38 PM
22: R1 P22 DL DeVonte Wyatt - Georgia
28: R1 P28 WR Christian Watson - NDSU
53: R2 P21 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
59: R2 P27 DL DeMarvin Leal - Texas A&M
92: R3 P28 TE Isaiah Likely - Coastal Carolina
132: R4 P27 RB James Cook - Georgia
140: R4 P35 G Luke Goedeke - Central Michigan

ThunderDan
03-29-2022, 08:59 PM
22 - Bernhard Raimann T
28 - Treylon Burks -WR
53 - Brian Asamoah - LB
59 - Drake Jackson - Edge
92 - Kellen Diesch - T
132 - Lecitus Smith - G
140 - Noah Elliss - DL

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2022, 02:17 AM
22 - Bernhard Raimann T
28 - Treylon Burks -WR
53 - Brian Asamoah - LB
59 - Drake Jackson - Edge
92 - Kellen Diesch - T
132 - Lecitus Smith - G
140 - Noah Elliss - DL

I don't think Gutey has not drafted an older prospect in round 1, so that probably rules out Raimann. I don't think his tape warrants a 1st round pick--even if he weren't 24 years old.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2022, 02:33 AM
22. Drake London WR, USC
28. Christian Watson WR, North Dakota State
53. Travis Jones IDL, UConn
59. Abraham Lucas OT, Washington State
92. Sam Williams EDGE, Ole Miss
132. Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa State
140. Tariq Castro-Fields CB, Penn State
171. Alex Wright EDGE, UAB
228. Zyon McCollum CB, Sam Houston State
249. Logan Bruss OT, Wisconsin

NFL Draft Network's mock draft simulator is missing one of our 7th round picks. :) I was looking to go ILB with the last pick.

It seems very unrealistic that some of these guys will be available when I drafted them.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2022, 02:54 AM
22. Drake London WR USC
35. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State
53. David Ojabo EDGE Michigan
59. Logan Hall DT Houston
69. Abraham Lucas OT Washington State
96. Kerby Joseph S Illinois
117. Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State
132. Dominique Robinson EDGE Miami-Oh
140. Damarri Mathis CB Pittsburgh
145. Zamir White RB Georgia
171. Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego State
228. Cordell Volson OT North Dakota State
249. Velus Jones Jr. WR Tennessee

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2022, 03:13 AM
22 OG Zion Johnson Boston College
28 OLB Boye Mafe Minnesota
53 WR Christian Watson North Dakota State
59 WR Alec Pierce Cincinnati
92 TE Greg Dulcich UCLA
132 OLB Dominique Robinson Miami (OH)
140 S Markquese Bell Florida A&M
171 OT Logan Bruss Wisconsin
228 DT Thomas Booker Stanford
249 RB Kennedy Brooks Oklahoma
258 ILB Baylon Spector Clemson

bobblehead
03-30-2022, 09:20 AM
22. Drake London WR, USC
28. Christian Watson WR, North Dakota State
53. Travis Jones IDL, UConn
132. Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa State
140. Tariq Castro-Fields CB, Penn State
171. Alex Wright EDGE, UAB
228. Zyon McCollum CB, Sam Houston State
249. Logan Bruss OT, Wisconsin

NFL Draft Network's mock draft simulator is missing one of our 7th round picks. :) I was looking to go ILB with the last pick.

It seems very unrealistic that some of these guys will be available when I drafted them.

According to most mock drafts I have see there is no way London would be there. Of course every mock draft I have seen has Olave there and I don't think he will be.

Fritz
03-30-2022, 09:58 AM
I would love for them to pick an OT first just to watch people lose their fucking minds.

Part of what's easy about being a fan is that you don't have to be logical. Really, look at the AJ Dillon pick. Most of us here were apoplectic about using a second round pick on a position that most people waited to get to until at least the fourth round. Now the guy is integral to this team. And when they drafted him, they had A Jones and Jamaal Williams. Not a need at all, but here we are. Can anyone imagine him not being on the team?

So I'll be bummed if they pick on OT at #22 or #28, but I know that if they guy turns out to be a ten-year starter it's a great pick. I just don't have to feel that way when the pick is made. Cuz it's all about my feelings.

Re: Rashan Gary. I was livid when they picked him. There were so many other guys out there who were so much better! I railed and railed. And here we are, three years in, and I was, of course, dead wrong. But that won't stop me from being pissed off when GB drafts some guy I don't know or at a position I don't like!

Joemailman
03-30-2022, 10:18 AM
I did a Fanspeak mock draft taking the BPA no matter what. I thought it wasn't bad other than the 5th round running back.

22: R1 P22 OT Bernhard Raimann - Central Michigan
53: R2 P21 DL Logan Hall - Houston
59: R2 P27 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
92: R3 P28 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama
132: R4 P27 RB Jerome Ford - Cincinnati
140: R4 P35 LB Micah McFadden - Indiana
171: R5 P28 RB Tyler Badie - Mizzou
228: R7 P7 RB Sincere McCormick - UTSA
249: R7 P28 DL John Ridgeway - Arkansas
258: R7 P37 EDGE Carson Wells - Colorado

George Cumby
03-30-2022, 11:28 AM
Part of what's easy about being a fan is that you don't have to be logical. Really, look at the AJ Dillon pick. Most of us here were apoplectic about using a second round pick on a position that most people waited to get to until at least the fourth round. Now the guy is integral to this team. And when they drafted him, they had A Jones and Jamaal Williams. Not a need at all, but here we are. Can anyone imagine him not being on the team?

So I'll be bummed if they pick on OT at #22 or #28, but I know that if they guy turns out to be a ten-year starter it's a great pick. I just don't have to feel that way when the pick is made. Cuz it's all about my feelings.

Re: Rashan Gary. I was livid when they picked him. There were so many other guys out there who were so much better! I railed and railed. And here we are, three years in, and I was, of course, dead wrong. But that won't stop me from being pissed off when GB drafts some guy I don't know or at a position I don't like!

Nice post, man.

An honest self-evaluation.

Sparkey
03-30-2022, 02:19 PM
I really think he can be a dominant pass rusher at the next level if he gets drafted by a creative and elite DC (like Jim Leonard) that moves him around in the NFL. I would not restrict him to the inside only. He's shown improvement vs the pass each year although he's not a guy who can get spread out vs a RB like Aaron Jones or run down the middle with a fast TE. But I think he'll be ok in the zone.

His leadership, intensity, and motor is over the top like TJ Watt was. That's just the drive he has.

I think he'll fall to round 3 and I'd be elated if GB got him there (cause I think he'll be ok and all our 3rd round picks suck anyways).

Curious.....are you an intense WI Badger fan ? Gosh I think after last season he's the 2nd or 3rd best LB I've seen there in the last twenty or so years.

He was the guy I was hoping stayed another year.

Sorry Bretsky, missed this.

I used to catch every Badger game. Do you remember Don Morton and the Veer Offense? Sadly, I still do remember that garbage. Loved how Barry Alvarez brought back Badger football and then Bielema, the TOOL started to waste it way. Gary Anderson realizing he didn't want to coach where he was expected to win. I liked Paul Chryst back when he was OC. Not as much as a head coach. Loved watching Leonhard play for the Badgers and then come full circle and coach there.

A part of me would like to see Chryst retire and Leonard take over. Seems like the offense is always "stuck" and inflexible to adjustments.

So yeah, Saturday in the fall would make or break my weekend. Not so much anymore. I guess getting old does that. :huh:

George Cumby
03-30-2022, 03:27 PM
^ Don Morton.

The mere mention of the name makes me shake my head.

wthigoot
03-30-2022, 03:39 PM
I'm always way too early starting a draft thread. Here is an initial idea of a mock for 2022.

Rd No Player Pos Ht Wt College
1 32 Penning, Trevor OT 6-7 321 Northern Iowa
2 64 Bell. David WR 6-2 205 Purdue
3 96 Wyatt, Devantae DT 6-3 315 Georgia
4 130 Carter, Zachary DE 6-4 285 Florida
4 136 LaPorta, Sam TE 6-4 249 Iowa
5 170 Weatherford, Sterling S 6-4 215 Miami (OH)
6 <Traded for Cobb>
6 214 Gunter, Jeffrey OLB 6-4 260 Coastal Carolina
7 220 Cantrell, Daniel LS 6-0 241 Boise State
7 248 Moody, Jake PK 6-1 211 Michigan

Version 2: Comparing to my original guess that started the thread. Lots of movement up and down and some extra picks.

1-22 Karlaftis, George DE 6-4 266 Purdue
1-28 Olave, Chris WR 6-1 187 Ohio State
2-53 McBride, Trey TE 6-4 246 Colorado State
2-59 Metchie, John WR 6-0 187 Alabama
3-92 Pitre, Jalen S 5-11 198 Baylor
4-132 Jones, Braxton OT 6-5 310 Southern Utah
4-140 Bell, David WR 6-1 212 Purdue
5-171 Uwazurike, Eyioma DT 6-6 316 Iowa State
7-228 Fields, DeMarcus CB 6-0 193 Texas Tech
7-249 Carter, JaTyre OG 6-4 311 Southern
7-258 Moon, Jeremiah OLB 6-4 249 Florida

ThunderDan
03-30-2022, 04:44 PM
Sorry Bretsky, missed this.

I used to catch every Badger game. Do you remember Don Morton and the Veer Offense? Sadly, I still do remember that garbage. Loved how Barry Alvarez brought back Badger football and then Bielema, the TOOL started to waste it way. Gary Anderson realizing he didn't want to coach where he was expected to win. I liked Paul Chryst back when he was OC. Not as much as a head coach. Loved watching Leonhard play for the Badgers and then come full circle and coach there.

A part of me would like to see Chryst retire and Leonard take over. Seems like the offense is always "stuck" and inflexible to adjustments.

So yeah, Saturday in the fall would make or break my weekend. Not so much anymore. I guess getting old does that. :huh:

I was in college when Morton was the coach and transitioned to Alvarez. 4 stinking wins my first 3 years at UW.

run pMc
03-30-2022, 06:06 PM
Version 2: Comparing to my original guess that started the thread. Lots of movement up and down and some extra picks.

1-22 Karlaftis, George DE 6-4 266 Purdue
1-28 Olave, Chris WR 6-1 187 Ohio State
2-53 McBride, Trey TE 6-4 246 Colorado State
2-59 Metchie, John WR 6-0 187 Alabama
3-92 Pitre, Jalen S 5-11 198 Baylor
4-132 Jones, Braxton OT 6-5 310 Southern Utah
4-140 Bell, David WR 6-1 212 Purdue
5-171 Uwazurike, Eyioma DT 6-6 316 Iowa State
7-228 Fields, DeMarcus CB 6-0 193 Texas Tech
7-249 Carter, JaTyre OG 6-4 311 Southern
7-258 Moon, Jeremiah OLB 6-4 249 Florida

I'd be ok with this, which means there's no way it comes close to happening.
3 WRs and a TE before R5 would be a surprise.

run pMc
03-30-2022, 06:07 PM
I was in college when Morton was the coach and transitioned to Alvarez. 4 stinking wins my first 3 years at UW.

Yeah I remember Morton, and all the excitement on the UW campus over Barry. Barry knows football!

jklowan
03-30-2022, 06:13 PM
22: WR - Jameson Williams
28: S Lewis Cine
53: EDGE Sam Williams
59: DL Perrion Winfrey
92: OT Abraham Lucas
132: WR Alec Pierce
140 Edge Nik Bonitto
171: LB Jack Sanborn
228: OT Tyler Vrabel
249: LB Darrian Beavers

258: Edge Tyreke Smith

Bretsky
03-30-2022, 09:17 PM

We were in college at the same time. Rough FB team then.

SudsMcBucky
03-31-2022, 10:48 AM

Hey, at least you got 1 year with BA, even though that 1st year sucked. My 4 years were completely Hilles/Morton. Joy!!!!!! The one good thing is at least I was never really torn on if I should go to the game versus a party.

Joemailman
04-02-2022, 07:34 PM
22) Devonte Wyatt - DL - Georgia
28) Daxton Hill - S - Michigan
53) Christian Watson - WR - North Dakota St.
59) Daniel Faalele - OT - Minnesota
92) Jalen Tolbert - WR - South Alabama
132) Jeremy Ruckert - TE - Ohio St.
140) Rachaad White - RB - Arizona St.

ThunderDan
04-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Hey, at least you got 1 year with BA, even though that 1st year sucked. My 4 years were completely Hilles/Morton. Joy!!!!!! The one good thing is at least I was never really torn on if I should go to the game versus a party.

Every game started at 1pm because no one wanted UW on TV. Plenty of time to sleep in from the party the night before and figure where you were going that night.

Cup wars between sections was the most entertaining thing at the games.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2022, 02:40 PM
Pro Football Network

22. Drake London WR USC
28. Boye Mafe EDGE Minnesota
53. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State
59. Abraham Lucas OT Washington State
92. Quay Walker LB Georgia
132. Dominique Robinson EDGE Miami-Oh
140. Tariq Castro-Fields CB Penn State
171. Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego State
228. Tycen Anderson S Toledo
249. Thomas Booker DT Stanford
258. Isaiah Weston WR Northern Iowa

NFL Mock Draft Database

22 Zion Johnson IOL | Boston College
28 Boye Mafe EDGE | Minnesota
53 Alec Pierce WR | Cincinnati
59 Jalen Tolbert WR | South Alabama
92 Abraham Lucas OT | Washington State
132 Zyon McCollum CB | Sam Houston State
140 Jeremy Ruckert TE | Ohio State
171 Michael Clemons EDGE | Texas A&M
228 Percy Butler S | Louisiana-Lafayette
249 Zamir White RB | Georgia
258 Micah McFadden LB | Indiana

Draft Network

22. Devonte Wyatt IDL, Georgia
28. Chris Olave WR, Ohio State
53. George Pickens WR, Georgia
132. Zyon McCollum CB, Sam Houston State
140. JT Woods S, Baylor
171. Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa State
228. Tariq Castro-Fields CB, Penn State
249. Ty Chandler RB, North Carolina
258. Logan Bruss OT, Wisconsin

cheesner
04-03-2022, 09:14 PM
I was in college when Morton was the coach and transitioned to Alvarez. 4 stinking wins my first 3 years at UW.I want to join the club! I was on campus when McClain passed away. My last year was Mortons last year. Run and shoot baby! I lived across from the stadium and even worked games on the sidelines - as well as snuck in quite a few nights and played football at 3am drunk on the field.

Bretsky
04-04-2022, 10:28 AM
I was there from 1986 to 1990

George Cumby
04-04-2022, 11:31 AM

Same.

Bretsky
04-04-2022, 01:00 PM
Same.

We need to have a PR Badger Alumni Reunion and head to a Pre Game Party, sit by a keg and check out college chicks all day like the old days......haha

I am not far from Madison now

texaspackerbacker
04-04-2022, 01:42 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, I know you guys had it rough - right up until Pat Richter brought in Barry Alvarez. But bad as it was in ya'all's time, it wasn't as bad as the late sixties when I was there - Milt Bruhn and John Coatta coaching. I went to every home game in my four years on campus except one - '65-'68, and there was exactly one win in those four years - the only game I missed, a zero degree day, they beat Minnesota 6-0. It was the day Michigan State played Notre Dame, both unbeaten and #1 and #2 in the country for the national championship. I stayed home and watched that on TV. And basketball wasn't much better those years.

George Cumby
04-04-2022, 04:23 PM
We need to have a PR Badger Alumni Reunion and head to a Pre Game Party, sit by a keg and check out college chicks all day like the old days......haha

That'd be a hoot.

I'm in if I can time my fall visit right.

call_me_ishmael
04-05-2022, 10:09 PM

Did you move? I thought you've been in Fort for as long as you've been here. I'm not a Badger but I'd join in for the fun. I also have six tickets if y'all do wanna get a PR group to go.

HarveyWallbangers
04-07-2022, 01:44 AM
NFL MOCK DRAFT DATABASE

22 George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
28 George Pickens, WR, Georgia
53 Travis Jones, DT, UConn
59 Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
92 Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
132 Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State
140 Kellen Diesch, OT, Arizona State
171 Dane Belton, S, Iowa
228 Cordell Volson, OG, North Dakota State
249 D'Marco Jackson, LB, Appalachian State
258 Josh Thompson, CB, Texas

PFF

22 Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
28 Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota
53 Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
59 Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
92 Nick Cross, S, Maryland
132 Zach Tom, OG, Wake Forest
140 Dominique Robinson, EDGE, Miami (OH)
171 Damarri Mathis, CB, Pittsburgh
228 Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State
249 Michael Woods, WR, Oklahoma
258 Baylon Spector, LB, Clemson

Pro Football Network

22 Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
28 Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
53 George Pickens, WR, Georgia
59 Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
92 Zyon McCollum, CB, San Houston State
132 Dominique Robinson, EDGE, Miami (OH)
140 Kellen Diesch, OT, Arizona State
171 Josh Paschal, EDGE, Kentucky
228 Thomas Booker, DT, Stanford
249 Tycen Anderson, S, Toledo
258 Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State

The Draft Network

22 Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
28 Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
53 Cameron Thomas, EDGE, San Diego State
59 Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
92 Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State
132 Zach Tom, OG, Wake Forest
140 Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State
171 Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State
228 Micheal Clemons, EDGE, Texas A&M
249 Eric Johnson, DT, Missouri State
258 Baylon Spector, LB, Clemson

Joemailman
04-07-2022, 10:43 AM
A couple of Harvey's mocks point out something I've been noticing. The projections for Pickens are all over the place. He looked like a budding superstar following his freshman year in 2019. His 2020 season wasn't as good. He then tore his ACL in March of 2021 at spring practice. Came back to play in Georgia's last game 8 months later. Ended up playing in 4 games for Georgia. Had just 5 catches for 107 yards. At the combine, had a poor vertical, ran a 4.47 40, and did not run agility drills. I wonder if he was still being cautious with the injury.

SudsMcBucky
04-07-2022, 03:37 PM

Me too.

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2022, 03:36 AM
No WR Draft

22 OG/OT Zion Johnson, Boston College
28 DT Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
53 EDGE David Ojabo, Michigan
59 LB Chad Muma, Wyoming
92 CB Zyon McCollum, Sam Houston State
132 OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
140 S Bryan Cook, Cincinnati
171 TE Daniel Bellinger, San Diego State
228 S Tycen Anderson, Toledo
249 DT Thomas Booker, Stanford
258 EDGE De'Shaan Dixon, Norfolk State

One WR Draft

22 OG/OT Zion Johnson, Boston College
28 S Daxton Hill, Michigan
53 EDGE Cameron Thomas, San Diego State
59 WR Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
92 TE Trey McBride, Colorado State
132 OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
140 CB Tariq Castro-Fields, Penn State
171 TE Greg Dulcich, UCLA
228 OG/OT Cordell Volson, NDSU
249 DT Marquan McCall, Kentucky
258 LB Carson Wells, Colorado

Two WR Draft

22 WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas
28 OG/OT Zion Johnson, Boston College
53 WR Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
59 DT Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
92 S Nick Cross, Maryland
132 OG/OT Zach Tom, Wake Forest
140 DT Otito Ogbonnia, UCLA
171 TE Daniel Bellinger, San Diego State
228 CB Kalon Barnes, Baylor
249 LB Baylon Spector, Clemson
258 RB Kennedy Brooks, Oklahoma

RashanGary
04-08-2022, 07:48 AM
If we take Treylon Burks we almost need a second speed guy to go with him.

Joemailman
04-08-2022, 08:13 AM
If we take Treylon Burks we almost need a second speed guy to go with him.

There are a lot of speed WR's in this draft, and most will be available on Day 2 or later. https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/40-yards-dash/wr/all-colleges/

RashanGary
04-08-2022, 08:18 AM
There are a lot of speed WR's in this draft, and most will be available on Day 2 or later. https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/40-yards-dash/wr/all-colleges/

I think you brought him up, but Kevin Austin is interesting in the middle rounds. He had setback after setback in college. I do not know why he was suspended a year. But his highlight reel is as impressive as anyones.

RashanGary
04-08-2022, 08:22 AM
I do not know what to think of Jameson Williams. I watch his highlight reel and blown coverage after blown coverage he was wide open down the middle.

You watch Kevin Austin and he is going up over guys and winning contested catch after contested catch.

But then you wonder about his route running if he cannot get wide open. I dunno.

But Austins tape is cooler for sure.

Joemailman
04-08-2022, 09:21 AM
All WR Mock Draft

22: R1 P22 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
53: R2 P21 WR Skyy Moore - Western Michigan
59: R2 P27 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State
92: R3 P28 WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky
132: R4 P27 WR Romeo Doubs - Nevada
140: R4 P35 WR Kevin Austin - Notre Dame
171: R5 P28 WR Tyquan Thornton - Baylor
228: R7 P7 WR Jalen Nailor - Michigan State
249: R7 P28 WR Michael Woods II - Oklahoma
258: R7 P37 WR Derek Wright - Utah State

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2022, 11:22 AM
I do not know what to think of Jameson Williams. I watch his highlight reel and blown coverage after blown coverage he was wide open down the middle.

You watch Kevin Austin and he is going up over guys and winning contested catch after contested catch.

But then you wonder about his route running if he cannot get wide open. I dunno.

I looked at the big guys who've tested well (Austin, Isaiah Weston, and Tanner Conner) that are projected to go late in the draft, and I can't say that I like any of them that much. If we are looking to grab speed after round 2, I think the wheelhouse is rounds 3-4. I think the options for size/speed are limited to Pickens, Watson, Pierce, and maybe Jalen Tolbert. Smaller guys with speed that can play are going to come in rounds 3-4. Calvin Austin (although he might even go round 2), Velus Jones, Bo Melton, and Danny Gray. Romeo Doubs would be the other bigger guy with speed--although he got injured and hasn't tested, so we don't know how fast he is. He looks like a vertical threat in college.

texaspackerbacker
04-08-2022, 03:00 PM
I didn't like Burks at first, but the more I read, he seems the most Davante Adams-like. Maybe get him in the first and Kevin Austin, a solid speed guy in the 3rd or 4th.

Bretsky
04-08-2022, 03:41 PM

Injury aside, Williams is a Superstar. Real Deal and best player on the file in the title game before he got hurt.

For a while many were projecting him top 30; now many are projecting he'll be picked by 20.

Gotta consider him at 22 if he's there. Man it would be f'ckin SWEET if we got Williams at 22 and Burks at 28.

Bretsky
04-08-2022, 03:42 PM
All WR Mock Draft

22: R1 P22 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
53: R2 P21 WR Skyy Moore - Western Michigan
59: R2 P27 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State
92: R3 P28 WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky
132: R4 P27 WR Romeo Doubs - Nevada
140: R4 P35 WR Kevin Austin - Notre Dame
171: R5 P28 WR Tyquan Thornton - Baylor
228: R7 P7 WR Jalen Nailor - Michigan State
249: R7 P28 WR Michael Woods II - Oklahoma
258: R7 P37 WR Derek Wright - Utah State

FUNNY STUFF: but if we did this Lazaar and Rodgers might get cut :))

Joemailman
04-08-2022, 04:11 PM
Injury aside, Williams is a Superstar. Real Deal and best player on the file in the title game before he got hurt.

For a while many were projecting him top 30; now many are projecting he'll be picked by 20.

Gotta consider him at 22 if he's there. Man it would be f'ckin SWEET if we got Williams at 22 and Burks at 28.

Williams was a transfer from Ohio St. Pretty crazy to think that in 2019-2020 Ohio St. had Williams, Wilson and Olave.

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2022, 05:27 PM
Williams was a transfer from Ohio State. Pretty crazy to think that in 2019-2020 Ohio St. had Williams, Wilson and Olave.

Anybody concerned that Williams couldn't get on the field at Ohio State? I understand Olave had already established himself as a freshman, but Wilson came in the same year as Williams. Williams had 15 receptions in 2 years with Ohio State. I'd like to know what his playing weight was. He weighed 179 at the combine.

texaspackerbacker
04-08-2022, 06:33 PM

You can't just put the injury aside. Williams almost certainly won't play very early in the season when the Packers need somebody, and coming off an ACL injury, as often as not, players are never quite as effective as before the injury. Also, players from teams like Alabama where they're surrounded by stars often look way better than what they are and disappoint as pros. I don't want Williams in the first or probably not in the second, and he probably won't be there in the third.

I am now resigned to the idea that we probably will take two WRs in the first four picks even though I'd prefer a good FA WR over at least one of those draft picks.

King Friday
04-08-2022, 07:37 PM
Anybody concerned that Williams couldn't get on the field at Ohio State?

Is anyone concerned that Joe Burrow couldn't get on the field at Ohio State?

texaspackerbacker
04-08-2022, 07:44 PM
I was referring to Jameson Williams. What Williams were you talking about?

Bretsky
04-08-2022, 10:32 PM
You can't just put the injury aside. Williams almost certainly won't play very early in the season when the Packers need somebody, and coming off an ACL injury, as often as not, players are never quite as effective as before the injury. Also, players from teams like Alabama where they're surrounded by stars often look way better than what they are and disappoint as pros. I don't want Williams in the first or probably not in the second, and he probably won't be there in the third.

Alabama WR's seem to have faired pretty well in the NFL. Doubtful GB takes Williams. And I agree a ACL is a huge risk and normally players are not back to one hundred percent til the second year. I worded that very poorly by saying injuries aside. I should have just stated before the injury he was a stud. IMO he's going in round one.

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2022, 12:41 AM
Is anyone concerned that Joe Burrow couldn't get on the field at Ohio State?

Good point, but it sometimes hard for a young QB to pass an experienced starter (J.T Barrett was a veteran starter who was at Ohio State in Burrow's first 2 years). Kind of like how Justin Fields and Jacob Eason were blocked by Jake Fromm at Georgia. I'm just wondering: if Williams couldn't get playing time over the Ohio State WRs, how convinced can we be that he should be taken before those guys--especially coming off an ACL tear? I actually have Williams higher on my board, but it's a decision that's I've wrestled with. If all three were on the board, I think I'd go with Wilson over Williams and maybe Olave over Williams--considering the ACL tear.

Joemailman
04-09-2022, 09:08 AM
All Big Ten BPA Packer mock draft - 2 Badgers and 3 WR's!

22: R1 P22 EDGE George Karlaftis - Purdue
28: R1 P28 S Daxton Hill - Michigan
53: R2 P21 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State
59: R2 P27 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
92: R3 P28 OT Nicholas Petit-Frere - Ohio State
132: R4 P27 TE Jake Ferguson - Wisconsin
140: R4 P35 G Thayer Munford - Ohio State
171: R5 P28 DL Haskell Garrett - Ohio State
228: R7 P7 WR Bo Melton - Rutgers
249: R7 P28 OT Logan Bruss - Wisconsin
258: R7 P37 WR Jalen Nailor - Michigan State

Fritz
04-09-2022, 09:08 AM

Yeah, sweet until SF hands the ball off to some no-name running back who plows through our other-than-Kenny-Clark-no-name defensive line over and over again for seven or eight yards a pop.

Get Kenny Clark some help!

Bretsky
04-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Yeah, sweet until SF hands the ball off to some no-name running back who plows through our other-than-Kenny-Clark-no-name defensive line over and over again for seven or eight yards a pop.

Get Kenny Clark some help!

We signed somebody in fa who is going to help Kenny.

run pMc
04-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Williams is pretty good, but taking a WR with an ACL injury R1 is a little scary, especially since he's not gonna miss the whole offseason, camp and probably the first 4-6 weeks of the season. Dude will be way behind. I've heard some people say they should trade up to get him, which is lunacy for the reasons mentioned. If he fell to 22 I'd think about it, but I'd also look at who else was available. When healthy he's very good.
I'm not sure how GB feels about him playing at 180 lbs or whatever. He's fast, but pro CBs are still going to test how he handles tight press coverage.

Kevin Austin is a bit of a mystery because he basically had a good half season, which could either mean it's starting to click for him or he just had a hot streak at the right time. Dynamite athlete but he had conduct issues and wasn't very productive over most of his collegiate career. He's a Day 3 pick, and a guy you could get to play the MVS role because of his speed, size, and contested catch ability AND get him to play gunner on STs but he's a raw player and if you take him R3 you're reaching.

Kenny Clark needs help. Jarren Reed might give him that. Some KC fans said he was JAG and he has the off-field stuff but I think at a minimum he's a more dynamic player than Tyler Lancaster. They signed him to a 1 year deal, so he's either replacing Lancaster or Keke... meaning they still need another decent DL. No offense to Jack Heflin, but they can and should look to upgrade their DL depth. Their run defense is not great and aside from Clark I'm not sure they have anyone on the DL who can rush the passer. (Maybe Reed, depending on how he's used.) They are one injury away from a mess there. Devondre Campbell isn't much use if the DL can't keep the other team's OG out of his face.

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2022, 07:37 PM
Keke got cut., so he’s probably replacing Lancaster. Heflin is probably a younger version of Lancaster.

Joemailman
04-13-2022, 02:04 PM
Non-Power Conference Mock Draft

22: R1 P22 OT Bernhard Raimann - Central Michigan
53: R2 P21 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati
59: R2 P27 DL Travis Jones - UConn
92: R3 P28 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming
132: R4 P27 RB Pierre Strong Jr. - South Dakota State
140: R4 P35 G Luke Goedeke - Central Michigan
171: R5 P28 G Chris Paul - Tulsa
228: R7 P7 DL CJ Wright - Georgia Southern
249: R7 P28 TE Cole Turner - Nevada
258: R7 P37 EDGE Brayden Thomas - NDSU

Joemailman
04-13-2022, 02:19 PM
Mel Kiper's Packer picks in 2 round mock draft:

22) Christian Watson - WR - North Dakota St.
28) Zion Johnson - G/C - Boston College
53) Alec Pierce - WR - Cincinnati
59) Myjai Sanders - OLB - Cincinnati

I don't see Gute taking an IOL in the 1st round. Sanders is lighter than what the Packers prefer at Edge. The WR's might be slight reaches, but are possibilities.

run pMc
04-13-2022, 02:54 PM
Mel Kiper is about as accurate as a monkey throwing at a dartboard.

jklowan
04-13-2022, 06:31 PM
I would be pretty happy with this mock, maybe taking the tackle in round 3 will end the curse of terrible picks in that round

22-Edge Jermaine Johnson
28-WR Chris Olave
53-DL Travis Jones
59-WR Alec Pierce
92-OT Tyler Smith
132-EDGE Sam Williams
140-LB Jack Sanborn
171-OT Luke Goedeke
228-S Quentin Lake
249-TE Chigoziem Okonkwo
258-WR Tre Turner

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2022, 08:02 PM
Mel Kiper's Packer picks in 2 round mock draft:

22) Christian Watson - WR - North Dakota St.
28) Zion Johnson - G/C - Boston College
53) Alec Pierce - WR - Cincinnati
59) Myjai Sanders - OLB - Cincinnati

I don't see Gute taking an IOL in the 1st round. Sanders is lighter than what the Packers prefer at Edge. The WR's might be slight reaches, but are possibilities.

I’d like this—minus Sanders. I think Zion can play OT—ala Elgton.

Bretsky
04-13-2022, 08:55 PM
I would be pretty happy with this mock, maybe taking the tackle in round 3 will end the curse of terrible picks in that round

22-Edge Jermaine Johnson
28-WR Chris Olave
53-DL Travis Jones
59-WR Alec Pierce
92-OT Tyler Smith
132-EDGE Sam Williams
140-LB Jack Sanborn
171-OT Luke Goedeke
228-S Quentin Lake
249-TE Chigoziem Okonkwo
258-WR Tre Turner

This would be GREAT; except IMO J Johnson goes well before 22, Olave before 28, and Jones before 53. Maybe I'm wrong. I could see Pierce at 59

Joemailman
04-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Christian Watson is going to be interesting on draft night. Big boards have him mostly in the 40's, but A LOT of mocks have him going to the Packers at 28 or the Chiefs at 29.

Joemailman
04-13-2022, 09:30 PM
I’d like this—minus Sanders. I think Zion can play OT—ala Elgton.

You don't think he's too short for OT? At 6-3 he's an inch and a half shorter than Elgton, and Elgton is kind of short for OT. He does have the same arm length as Elgton though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2022, 01:10 AM
You don't think he's too short for OT? At 6-3 he's an inch and a half shorter than Elgton, and Elgton is kind of short for OT. He does have the same arm length as Elgton though.

I don't. I think he's unique. I think he's similar to Isaiah Wynn of the Patriots. Johnson started at OG in 2019. He started at LT in 2020. He played both OG and LT in 2021. My best graded game for him this year was at LT vs. Virginia Tech. He was great at Senior Bowl practices. He played well in the game. He tested well and looked smooth in the drills at the combine. He's very athletic (9.74 RAS), but he's also very powerful (32 bench reps that show on tape). He could play OG or OT. He can play in a zone scheme or a gap scheme. He has 34" arms--which are plenty long enough. His hands are big and powerful. They are clamps. People don't get off of him. He has good balance--which I think is important. He mirrors well. He's one of my favorites. To me he may be the safest pick in this draft. I don't normally advocate drafting interior OL in the first round, but I'd make an exception for this guy. He's my top rated interior OL.

He might have been the only OL to stalemate Travis Jones at Senior Bowl practices. Jones is another favorite of mine.

Here he is playing LT vs. Virginia Tech (#77). #11 for VA Tech is Amare Barno--an EDGE prospect in this draft who ran a ridiculous 4.36 40 and 131" broad jump at 6'5" 246 at the combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXP2C66tSsQ

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2022, 01:24 AM
I watched four of Zion's games, and it seemed like 80% of the time BC ran the ball wherever he was.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2022, 01:29 AM
If we came out of this draft with Zion Johnson, Travis Jones, Alec Pierce, another solid WR (Jalen Tolbert or maybe trading up in round 2 to get an even better WR), and then an EDGE like Josh Paschal, Sam Williams, Dominique Robinson, or Micheal Clemons in round 3, I'd be stoked. Packer nation would be upset. :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2022, 01:33 AM
My guys that I think are fits with the Packers: WR Christian Watson, WR George Pickens, WR Alec Pierce, TE Trey McBride, TE Charlie Kolar, OT Abraham Lucas, OL Zion Johnson, OL Zach Tom, DT Travis Jones, the EDGEs mentioned above, CB Zyon McCollum, CB Tariq Castro-Fields, S Daxton Hill, S Jalen Pitre

run pMc
04-14-2022, 08:13 AM
If we came out of this draft with Zion Johnson, Travis Jones, Alec Pierce, another solid WR (Jalen Tolbert or maybe trading up in round 2 to get an even better WR), and then an EDGE like Josh Paschal, Sam Williams, Dominique Robinson, or Micheal Clemons in round 3, I'd be stoked. Packer nation would be upset. :)

I wouldn't be. That's a pretty good group, even if it lines up unusually with how people see the consensus board and GB's needs

Christian Watson is going to be interesting on draft night. Big boards have him mostly in the 40's, but A LOT of mocks have him going to the Packers at 28 or the Chiefs at 29.
I think it was Tony Pauline who said not a single team he's talked to has Watson in R1, most see him as mid-R2. Seems about right to me, given some of the other WR talent likely available after 25. I do think after the top guys there will be another run on WR late R1/early R2.

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2022, 05:39 PM
R1P22 -Chris Olave WR
R1P28 - Kenyon Green IOL
R2P53 - Nik Bonitto Edge
R2P58 - John Metchie WR
R3P92 - Zion McCollum CB
R4P132 - Bailey Zappe QB
R4P140 - Markquesse Bell S
R5P171 - Tyquan Thornton WR

RashanGary
04-17-2022, 09:47 PM
A report on john Metchie

https://www.google.com/amp/s/primetimesportstalk.com/2022/01/24/2022-nfl-draft-scouting-report-john-metchie/amp/

I think he is a good fit here. Kind of a complete player.

run pMc
04-17-2022, 10:55 PM
The Packers have a type at WR: at least 5-11 and 190 with a 4.55 40 and 7.08 3 cone. If they deviate from them, it's by a very small amount. (Amari and Cobb would be the deviations.)

I like Metchie, but that site compares him to Justin Jefferson and I think that's a stretch. He's a Day 2 pick and probably a R3 pick because of the ACL effectively wiping out his rookie year.
Something about him screams Patriots to me...maybe it's that he's good in the short to intermediate game and he played with Mac Jones.

texaspackerbacker
04-18-2022, 12:05 AM
It seems like tall fast WRs are a fairly recent phenomenon for the Packers. You got something against 6'4" or 6'5 and 4.37 40 times?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-18-2022, 02:29 AM
R1P22 -Chris Olave WR
R1P28 - Kenyon Green IOL
R2P53 - Nik Bonitto Edge
R2P58 - John Metchie WR
R3P92 - Zion McCollum CB
R4P132 - Bailey Zappe QB
R4P140 - Markquesse Bell S
R5P171 - Tyquan Thornton WR

Yo Nutz! Still listening to Pac and showing Remember the Titans to your players?

Cool mock. I might have to revise my forthcoming My Mastery Mockery of a Draft cos you picked two of the playas I liked.

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2022, 03:01 PM
It seems like tall fast WRs are a fairly recent phenomenon for the Packers. You got something against 6'4" or 6'5 and 4.37 40 times?

Your post gave me an opportunity to look back on the past several drafts. Boy, the Packers have no interest in drafting receivers with first round picks. Packers seem to make their money on second round picks or they look low for diamonds in the rough

All Second round picks
Ty Montgomery 2015
Devante Adams 2014
Randall Cobb 2011
Jordy Nelson 2008
Greg Jennings 2006
Terrance Murphy* 2005

There track record in the second round has been really good for productive receivers. I don't see the Packers reaching or moving up in the first round to take a receiver, especially in this draft as receiver seems pretty light for this draft class. I feel like height is not a necessity for the Packers, but receivers that can run a variety of routes and are good quality route runners.

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2022, 05:21 PM
Yo Nutz! Still listening to Pac and showing Remember the Titans to your players?

Cool mock. I might have to revise my forthcoming My Mastery Mockery of a Draft cos you picked two of the playas I liked.

Yes to listening to Pac, don't have the time to show "Remember the Titans" but that doesn't mean it isn't the best football movie ever made.

You can change your draft, but the reality is the Packers are looking to draft more athletic and dynamic athletes, regardless of position. They will wait on the linemen on the offensive side of the ball. You were probably right all along

Anti-Polar Bear
04-19-2022, 02:39 AM
Yes to listening to Pac, don't have the time to show "Remember the Titans" but that doesn't mean it isn't the best football movie ever made.

You can change your draft, but the reality is the Packers are looking to draft more athletic and dynamic athletes, regardless of position. They will wait on the linemen on the offensive side of the ball. You were probably right all along

I would be pissed if the Packers take Green in Rd 1 - Yokozunas, offensive linemen and defensive tackles alike, should not be drafted til the 4th. But I totally dig Olave, Metchie and Thornton.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2022, 02:52 AM
Your post gave me an opportunity to look back on the past several drafts. Boy, the Packers have no interest in drafting receivers with first round picks. Packers seem to make their money on second round picks or they look low for diamonds in the rough

All Second round picks
Ty Montgomery 2015
Devante Adams 2014
Randall Cobb 2011
Jordy Nelson 2008
Greg Jennings 2006
Terrance Murphy* 2005

There track record in the second round has been really good for productive receivers. I don't see the Packers reaching or moving up in the first round to take a receiver, especially in this draft as receiver seems pretty light for this draft class. I feel like height is not a necessity for the Packers, but receivers that can run a variety of routes and are good quality route runners.

I'm pretty convinced they'll take several guys before they reach on a WR. I think they probably have EDGE George Karlaftis, DT Travis Jones, S/CB Daxton Hill, an OL (I personally like Zion Johnson), and maybe even a guy like Boye Mafe ahead of some of the WRs that fans have been discussing.

RashanGary
04-19-2022, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty convinced they'll take several guys before they reach on a WR. I think they probably have EDGE George Karlaftis, DT Travis Jones, S/CB Daxton Hill, an OL (I personally like Zion Johnson), and maybe even a guy like Boye Mafe ahead of some of the WRs that fans have been discussing.

I dont know the exact players, but I will not be the least bit surprised if its not a WR in round 2

Bretsky
04-19-2022, 05:36 PM
I dont know the exact players, but I will not be the least bit surprised if its not a WR in round 2

I say this every year and we never execute it. But pick 28; that seems like a perfect scenario to trade back 7 spots for sombody wanting a QB on a 5 year contract. And we get about the same quality WR at 35 as we do at 28 IMO. This of course, assumes we don't swipe one with the first pick.

Seems like a great year to end up with 1st, 4nd round picks, and no thirds :)

Upnorth
04-19-2022, 05:39 PM
This year's decent depthbsays to me we break the 3rd round curse

RashanGary
04-19-2022, 05:58 PM
I like Treylon Burks if we sit tight in the first round, or Chris Olave.

I like moving back and taking Jahan Dotson in the early second. Hes just so smooth and natural, I think hes a safe bet to be a really good player.

Sitting tight in the second, I like Jalen Tolbert. Hes kind of a complete type of WR who can be had later because he played at a smaller school.

Joemailman
04-19-2022, 06:02 PM
I say this every year and we never execute it. But pick 28; that seems like a perfect scenario to trade back 7 spots for sombody wanting a QB on a 5 year contract. And we get about the same quality WR at 35 as we do at 28 IMO. This of course, assumes we don't swipe one with the first pick.

Seems like a great year to end up with 1st, 4nd round picks, and no thirds :)

What if they draft Leo Chenal in the 3rd?

Bretsky
04-19-2022, 06:28 PM
I like Treylon Burks if we sit tight in the first round, or Chris Olave.

I like moving back and taking Jahan Dotson in the early second. Hes just so smooth and natural, I think hes a safe bet to be a really good player.

Sitting tight in the second, I like Jalen Tolbert. Hes kind of a complete type of WR who can be had later because he played at a smaller school.

Agree on the top part; I kinda like the Cincy WR for round two but I haven't watched Tolbert much

And would Tre McBride with our other R2 pick be asking too much ? :))))

Bretsky
04-19-2022, 06:30 PM
What if they draft Leo Chenal in the 3rd?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Can Leo Break the Curse ?

Leo is a great leader; goes 150% and is a tenacious pass rusher. I seem to recall another Badger like that I thought we were going to draft....oops Kevin King

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2022, 10:25 PM

I don't think the Packers will reach, but I do think this front office looks very closely at dynamic athlete numbers regardless of position. Drafting a wide receiver in any round and expecting them to contribute like a veteran is shooting for the moon. The Packers will draft an offensive lineman in any round as long as they have the ability and skills they are looking for. Zion Johnson, Green, Linderbaum are all guys that could be taken by the Packers with their first round picks.

NewsBruin
04-19-2022, 10:35 PM
Still want the Packers to land Jalen Pitre, but I don't think his value and our needs intersect.

Joemailman
04-19-2022, 10:45 PM
I don't think the Packers will reach, but I do think this front office looks very closely at dynamic athlete numbers regardless of position. Drafting a wide receiver in any round and expecting them to contribute like a veteran is shooting for the moon. The Packers will draft an offensive lineman in any round as long as they have the ability and skills they are looking for. Zion Johnson, Green, Linderbaum are all guys that could be taken by the Packers with their first round picks.

If that's the case, how is it the Packers haven't drafted an IOL since Aaron Taylor in 1994? It would seem to me that history suggests that the Packers have to believe an offensive lineman has to be able to start at LT in order to be drafted in the 1st round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2022, 03:42 AM
22 Drake London WR | USC
28 Daxton Hill S | Michigan
53 Drake Jackson EDGE | USC
59 Alec Pierce WR | Cincinnati
92 Trey McBride TE | Colorado State
132 Dominique Robinson EDGE | Miami (OH)
140 Tariq Castro-Fields CB | Penn State
171 Logan Bruss IOL | Wisconsin
228 Zachary Thomas OT | San Diego State
249 Matt Henningsen DL | Wisconsin
258 Kennedy Brooks RB | Oklahoma

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2022, 03:47 AM
If that's the case, how is it the Packers haven't drafted an IOL since Aaron Taylor in 1994? It would seem to me that history suggests that the Packers have to believe an offensive lineman has to be able to start at LT in order to be drafted in the 1st round.

Bryan Bulaga. I think most projected him to be a RT before he got to the NFL. The Packers are in a unique position--because of Elgton's versatility. I think both Zion and Kenyon Green could offer OT flexibility. Green is a guy who I didn't study until after the combine. He tested as an average athlete and wasn't overly impressive in the drills. I wasn't expecting to like him because I probably overvalue athleticism at OL, but damn if I didn't really like his tape. He played LT against Alabama and more than held his own. I watched four games: He played LT against Bama. He played LG against LSU. He played RG against Ole Miss. Then, against Arkansas he started at RG before moving to LT after an injury.

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2022, 06:45 PM

I am not saying they will, I am saying that these guys check the box in terms quality football players that also meet the athletic requirements the Packers front office looks for. Most teams try to avoid drafting interior linemen in the first round, I think they would rather trade the pick than take a quality player at an unfavorable position in the first round. After round 1 all bets are off.

To me, on the surface this draft is crap for left tackles, wide receivers, and defensive tackles. Edge defenders aren't great either.

Joemailman
04-21-2022, 08:00 AM
Packerswire's latest mock draft using PFF's simulator.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ3fP8_WYAA3aGe?format=jpg&name=small

RashanGary
04-21-2022, 08:58 AM
I am not saying they will, I am saying that these guys check the box in terms quality football players that also meet the athletic requirements the Packers front office looks for. Most teams try to avoid drafting interior linemen in the first round, I think they would rather trade the pick than take a quality player at an unfavorable position in the first round. After round 1 all bets are off.

To me, on the surface this draft is crap for left tackles, wide receivers, and defensive tackles. Edge defenders aren't great either.

They say its deep at edge but I dont see any 10 sack monsters out there. Its a bunch of potential.

Bretsky
04-22-2022, 12:19 AM
MY FIRST MOCK

1 Treylon Burks WR Arkansas
1 Johan Dotson WR Penn State
2 Nakobe Dean LB Georgia
2 Trey McBridge TE Colorado State
3 Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi
4 Isaih Thomas EDGE Oklahoma
4 JoJo Doman LB Nebraska
5 Zyom Mccollum CG Sam Houston State
7 Matt Henningsden DL YOUR WISCONSIN BADGERS
7 Dallis Flowers DB Pittsburg State
7 Jack Coan QB Notre Dame

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2022, 12:28 AM
Terrible start, but you finished strong. :)

Bretsky
04-22-2022, 12:58 AM
2nd ATTEMPT

Treylon Burks WR Arkansas
Devon Lloyd LB Utah
John Matchie WR Alabama
Try McBridge TE Colorado State
John Paschel Edge Kentucky
Tyquon Thornston WR Baylor
Isaih Thomas EDGE Oklahoma
Jesse Luketa LB Penn State
Matt Henningsen DL WI Badgers
Austin Deculus OT LSU
Jack Coan QB Notre Dame

MENTAL NOTE: In the simulator on NFL Mock Draft Database for the most part either Metchie most of the WR's I really like as a 2nd pick for GB are doing between 35 and 45

I've been hearing talk radio saying with the WR MONEY going through the Roof, they think the WR's may go higher than usual in this draft.

IF I draft Burks at 22 I am absolutely trading down and out of pick 28

Bretsky
04-22-2022, 01:01 AM
AND every time I do this I'm sitting at 22 with Burks, Dotson, or Watson as top 3 along with a LB or two

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2022, 01:08 AM
The Packers aren’t taking Dean or Lloyd over Travis Jones, Dax Hill, Jalen Pitre. They have Campbell long-term, they don’t play a majority of 2 ILB formations, and they don’t value the position that high (and they shouldn’t).

Bretsky
04-22-2022, 01:17 AM
LAST FOR THE NIGHT; SOME ODD FALLINGS

Drake London WR USa
Christian Watson WR ND State (for you HW)
Christian Harris LB Alabama
Phidarian Mathis DL Alabama
Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi
Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State
Josh Jobe CB Alabama
Dominque Robinson EDGE Miami
Kevin Austin WR Notre Dame
Matt Henningsen DL THEE WISCONSIN BADGERS
Deshawn Dixon DL Norfolk State

GUESS we're scouring the UDFA's for OL :))

bobblehead
04-22-2022, 06:53 AM
The Packers aren’t taking Dean or Lloyd over Travis Jones, Dax Hill, Jalen Pitre. They have Campbell long-term, they don’t play a majority of 2 ILB formations, and they don’t value the position that high (and they shouldn’t).

I used to think the position shoudn't be valued very high as well, but then I started looking at all the best defenses, specifically the 3-4s. ILB like Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Bobby Wagner and Luke Keuchly. I saw the Steelers trading way up to get a stud at the position. Perennially great defenses seem to all have pretty fricking good ILB....and even our own D took another step with the addition of Campbell last year.

bobblehead
04-22-2022, 06:55 AM
For my money, I would love a DL and a WR in round 1, but I also have always been a BPA proponent. You stack talent any way you can. If you reach for a position and get an inferior player, you are not improving the team.

NewsBruin
04-22-2022, 09:34 AM
I rrsurrected Imy PlayStation2 with a hard drive, and I've been finishing my ESPN NFL 2K5 franchise game, Packers from 2004-2008.

Every year, the first round of the draft is only OT, EDGE, halfbacks, and CBs. I thought that was a glitch, but it feels very accuta for the time.

Point is, the Packers have spent a lot of 1st-round capital on freaky DL that get injured, bust, or just get figured out I'm for BPA, but I hope we've learned to not chase the dragon for someone who doesn't have a pro future.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-22-2022, 09:41 AM
Btw, Nutz, you oughta start showing “American Underdog” to your players. Flick is inspiring.