PDA

View Full Version : Official 2021 Packers Bye Week Thread

Joemailman
11-29-2021, 01:48 PM
Took a while to get here.

Lifetime, Packers are 0-0-0 during the bye week.

They are 0-2 under MLF coming out of the bye week. But enough about that.

Ian Rapoport

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers does not plan to have surgery on his toe at this time, per me and
@TomPelissero
. At this time is key. The hope is during the bye it will heal and improve.

George Cumby
11-29-2021, 02:45 PM
Time for 12 to sit his ass on the couch, elevate his foot, alternate hot and cold therapy on that toe and binge watch the Joe Rogan Experience.

Or maybe not.

Joemailman
11-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Time for 12 to sit his ass on the couch, elevate his foot, alternate hot and cold therapy on that toe and binge watch the Joe Rogan Experience.

Or maybe not.

He said yesterday he'll be getting physical therapy every day.

Joemailman
11-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Nicole Menner - Packers Matt LaFleur says Randall Cobb (groin) got hurt on his TD catch and they’re still “gathering opinions” on the severity of it.

On Aaron Rodgers' fractured toe situation: "I don't know where that's at. I know he's gathering other opinions. so we'll see where that goes."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFZKAHlWUAAFegR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Joemailman
11-30-2021, 05:44 PM
De'Vondre Campbell lands on Covid list.

Regardless of whether Campbell is vaccinated or not, he should have a chance to return without missing a game. The Packers are off this week and don’t play again until Sunday, Dec. 12 against the Chicago Bears. Even if unvaccinated, Campbell’s 10-day quarantine period would end Friday of next week.

Good timing.

George Cumby
11-30-2021, 06:06 PM

Good timing.

That guy just has the instincts for being in the right place at the right time.

RashanGary
11-30-2021, 07:15 PM
Rashan Gary is the 32nd all time packers sack leader with 13.5 sacks. I wonder where he’ll finish?

Tony Oday
12-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Rashan Gary is the 32nd all time packers sack leader with 13.5 sacks. I wonder where he’ll finish?

1st

Fritz
12-01-2021, 01:27 PM

Good timing.

He's got a knack, that guy. Maybe ten days off will help him.

As many of you know, I've been off for awhile now, too, courtesy of Mad. But I am, to quote Dr. King, free at last, free at last, thank God Almight, I'm free at last!

At first, I was kinda pissed at Mad for sidelining me right when I'd started a thread that resulted in a win. I blamed him. But maybe I should've realized that even the mildest of (political) jests is probably a bad idea these days in general.

I thought I was being released from purgatory in time to start last week's Rams thread, and even Mad sent me a message telling me to start the thread, but when I checked in that day, three hours before the game, in order to start the thread and continue the winning streak, I saw that Mad had banned me again. Maybe he thought I was too slow to the gate. I was kinda pissed again, but only briefly.

I realized that Mad, that master marionette, had pulled the strings just so - and now we have TWO Packerrats who have a winning streak going regarding Game Day Threads. APB started that Rams thread, which of course turned out to be a winner. So now, APB can carry on starting game day threads - and we have me as a backup, if APB misses one or his winning streak is halted.

I can only conclude that our head honcho moderator/owner is a Mad genius, and I am merely a pawn in his complex machinations to get the Packers a Super Bowl win.

George Cumby
12-01-2021, 07:42 PM
^Hahahahahahaha.

Your time on Elba gave you time to think.

Either Mad is playing 4D Chess or your are almost as cuckoo as ScharpCheddar.

Joemailman
12-01-2021, 10:27 PM
Billy Turner one of the top RT's according to this graphic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFjAkLdXwAkgbiH?format=jpg&name=large

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2021, 12:11 PM
I am glad Fritz is back, but the bye week is always depressing to me. Without the Packers on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday, what am I to look forward toward?

SudsMcBucky
12-02-2021, 12:43 PM
I am glad Fritz is back, but the bye week is always depressing to me. Without the Packers on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday, what am I to look forward toward?

Watching the Bears lose?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2021, 12:53 PM
Watching the Bears lose?

We all probably oughta be rooting the Bears on Sunday, for sake of the home field race.

George Cumby
12-02-2021, 01:38 PM
We all probably oughta be rooting the Bears on Sunday, for sake of the home field race.

Yup. As hard as it is to do.

MadScientist
12-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Don't think of it as rooting for the bears, just rooting against the Cardinals. So much easier to stomach. Also rooting against Tampa and Dallas are worthy uses of your time.

texaspackerbacker
12-02-2021, 02:19 PM
Billy Turner one of the top RT's according to this graphic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFjAkLdXwAkgbiH?format=jpg&name=large

Does this mean literally every RT wins more than .6 of the runs and .75 of the pass plays? That's a little hard to believe.

smuggler
12-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Even when tackles lose their pass blocking assignment, the offense usually succeeds. Think about that.

MadScientist
12-02-2021, 06:06 PM
Three Bucs players suspended:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/us/nfl-suspensions-covid-protocols/index.html
Suspension rather than fines because they were trying to use fake vaccination cards. Antionio Brown may have been the biggest name of the 3, but he's been out with an ankle. Safety Mike Edwards will be the more significant loss as he's played more than 50% of the defensive snaps this season. The other guy was just on the PS, so no real loss. Hopefully the suspensions will throw the team off a bit and they'll lose one of the next couple of games.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Even when tackles lose their pass blocking assignment, the offense usually succeeds. Think about that.

That's pretty much what I've said all along about the relatively low level of importance of quality in the O Line.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-03-2021, 08:29 AM
Yup. As hard as it is to do.

I am getting old, but apparently, I ain’t old enough to hate the Mobsters of the Midway. After all, both the Gungslinger and the Great Arm of Butte own the Bears.

The Queens, on the other hand, with all due respect to ole Rastak, I hate more than I hate Tony O’Day.

George Cumby
12-03-2021, 11:22 AM
The Bears are so hapless the last 20 years it's hard to work into a lather over them.

I dislike the Vikings more these days.

SudsMcBucky
12-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Don't let those bastards lull y'all into complacency!!!!

MadScientist
12-04-2021, 01:08 PM
The Bears are so hapless the last 20 years it's hard to work into a lather over them.

I dislike the Vikings more these days.

I have the same impression, but curiously since 2001, the Bears have won the division more times than the Vikings.

George Cumby
12-04-2021, 06:58 PM
I have the same impression, but curiously since 2001, the Bears have won the division more times than the Vikings.

That is a data point I would NOT have anticipated. The VIkes just seem so much more dangerous.

I guess it's Division Titles from the Lovie years.

MadScientist
12-04-2021, 10:34 PM
That is a data point I would NOT have anticipated. The VIkes just seem so much more dangerous.

There are a few things going on. First other than 2010, Bears good years correspond to bad years for the Packers, so we don't think of the Bears being good, just the Packers being bad. Second the Vikings have had a couple of 10+ win seasons where they didn't won the division. Third when the Packers really needed a win, if I it was against the Bears, they got the win, when it was against the Vikings, the results were mixed.

King Friday
12-04-2021, 10:35 PM

That damn smoking Jay Cutler...

Joemailman
12-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Matt Schneidman

Packers have activated OLB Jonathan Garvin from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Packers can use some depth at that position.

Fritz
12-06-2021, 07:46 AM
Packers can use some depth at that position.

I noticed in the Rams' game that that Tippy Galei, or whatever his name is, was getting bunced around like a pinball by the Rams' blockers. That guy may be quick, but he has zero strength. It's good to see Garvin back.

Joemailman
12-06-2021, 08:07 AM
I noticed in the Rams' game that that Tippy Galei, or whatever his name is, was getting bunced around like a pinball by the Rams' blockers. That guy may be quick, but he has zero strength. It's good to see Garvin back.

Yes, Packers have him listed at 6-5, 229. Allen Lazard is 6-5, 227. Mike Davis talked about Galeai earlier this year in a PC. Said he loves his talent, but the guy needs to put on 15 pounds.

Fritz
12-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Yes, Packers have him listed at 6-5, 229. Allen Lazard is 6-5, 227. Mike Davis talked about Galeai earlier this year in a PC. Said he loves his talent, but the guy needs to put on 15 pounds.

Guess they'll have him in the weight room all offseason, maybe eating steaks and gumbo and the like.

George Cumby
12-06-2021, 07:09 PM
That damn smoking Jay Cutler...

I miss Smoking Jay.

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2021, 11:05 PM
The Packers defense ranks 5th in points allowed/game, 7th in yards allowed/game, 9th in rushing yards allowed/game, 9th in passing yards allowed/game, 9th in interceptions, 14th in sacks, 8th in opponent's passer rating, 5th in fewest 20+ yard plays allowed.

About the only thing they don't rank high in, ironically, is 40+ yard plays allowed. They've given up 10--which ranks 28th in the league. I wouldn't have guessed that. They haven't allowed a lot of big plays (20+), but when they do, they go for 40+. :)

Interesting stat: the Falcons defense is not good, but they have yet to give up a 40 yard play.

Fritz
12-07-2021, 05:31 AM
The Packers defense ranks 5th in points allowed/game, 7th in yards allowed/game, 9th in rushing yards allowed/game, 9th in passing yards allowed/game, 9th in interceptions, 14th in sacks, 8th in opponent's passer rating, 5th in fewest 20+ yard plays allowed.

About the only thing they don't rank high in, ironically, is 40+ yard plays allowed. They've given up 10--which ranks 28th in the league. I wouldn't have guessed that. They haven't allowed a lot of big plays (20+), but when they do, they go for 40+. :)

Interesting stat: the Falcons defense is not good, but they have yet to give up a 40 yard play.

It may be that we don't think of them giving up too many big plays because when the defense does give up a big play, they don't gesture at each other and roll their eyes because no one was on the same page, which is what we all watched during the Dom Capers era.