PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Demaryius Thomas

Joemailman
12-09-2021, 11:34 PM
Former great Broncos wide receiver found dead in his home at the age of 33. No word yet on cause of death.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2021, 08:32 AM
Dude was an inspiration. Beat the odds and escaped the poverty that rural and urban families often face.

I read a nice article on Thomas a few years back. If I recall correctly, Thomas’ father was in the military and was never around. Impoverished, Thomas’ mother helped his grandmother run a small-scale drug operation, sheerly out of self-preservation. When the Feds marched in, knowing that grandmother would likely perish in prison given her advanced age, mother took all the responsibility for the operation. Thus, absolving grandmother. Mother was sentenced to multiple decades in prison, I believe. Her sentence was later, justifiably, commuted.

Good night, sweet prince.

texaspackerbacker
12-10-2021, 09:33 AM
That's your idea of an inspiring story?

smuggler
12-10-2021, 10:22 AM
Hopefully his death isn't related to his family business.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2021, 10:51 AM
That's your idea of an inspiring story?

The Feds shut down the operation when Thomas was 11 with the incarceration of his mother. Thomas had to work odd farming jobs before school to make ends meet.

Rags to riches stories aren’t inspiring?

Joemailman
12-10-2021, 10:55 AM
Hopefully his death isn't related to his family business.

LaTonya Bonseigneur, a first cousin who grew up with Thomas, so close they considered themselves siblings, told The Associated Press that the family believes he died from a seizure.

"He had been suffering from seizures for over a year, and we believe he had a seizure when he was showering," Bonseigneur said early Friday. "We're not sure when he died. We just spoke with him yesterday."

Former teammates also noted Thursday night that Thomas might have been having seizures in recent months.

He just retired in June. I wonder if the seizures were why he retired. A lot of things can cause seizures. Drug use is one. Although not common, Covid has been known to cause seizures in some people.

smuggler
12-10-2021, 10:57 AM
From what people said about him, I doubt it was drug related.

call_me_ishmael
12-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Apparently he drowned in the shower while have a seizure. Jesus, what a horrible way to go. At least he might not have known it was happening since he was seizing. Apparently seizures are from a bad car accident. Yikes. RIP. People seem to think he was a good guy.

Upnorth
12-11-2021, 09:00 PM
Apb, I think it is an inspiring story. Long odds to over come that penalty at birth.

Sorry to hear about this death.

run pMc
12-12-2021, 12:08 PM
I believe BOTH his mother and grandmother went to prison, and eventually got their sentences commuted a few years ago. Can't imagine what that's like, losing family like that at age 11. By all accounts he was a good guy, sad he died so young.

SudsMcBucky
12-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Damarius was HIGHLY respected here in the Atlanta area and from all accounts, was a great student/person on campus while at Georgia Tech. Accusing him of "family business"??? WTF???

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 01:45 PM
Damarius was HIGHLY respected here in the Atlanta area and from all accounts, was a great student/person on campus while at Georgia Tech. Accusing him of "family business"??? WTF???

Empathy is a concept lost on some here............

smuggler
12-13-2021, 02:03 PM
I didn't accuse him of anything. I don't know his situation, but I have seen a lot of young people die and it's usually from substance abuse. Considering his family background, that would be my fear.

How exactly would suppressing this fear and showing a forum on the internet some PC bullshit empathy for social credit help Demaryius Thomas or his survivors in any way?

Some people on this forum have a serious lack of brainpower and it fucking shows.

Get your heads out of your asses. THINK

smuggler
12-13-2021, 02:10 PM
You want credit for empathy, go volunteer. You want credit for intelligence, use your words. You both grade pretty damn low in my evaluation.

Get the fuck out of here with that cockless bullshit.

texaspackerbacker
12-13-2021, 02:25 PM
I didn't accuse him of anything. I don't know his situation, but I have seen a lot of young people die and it's usually from substance abuse. Considering his family background, that would be my fear.

How exactly would suppressing this fear and showing a forum on the internet some PC bullshit empathy for social credit help Demaryius Thomas or his survivors in any way?

Some people on this forum have a serious lack of brainpower and it fucking shows.

+ 1

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 02:26 PM

Physician, heal Thyself.

smuggler
12-13-2021, 02:40 PM
The best you can come up with is "No, you!"?

Goddamn you're a bitch.

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 04:03 PM
The best you can come up with is "No, you!"?

Goddamn you're a bitch.

LOL.

Who shit in your cornflakes?

Who's the bitch? I'm not the one calling someone names over an internet disagreement.

LOL.

smuggler
12-13-2021, 04:50 PM
No, you're the one trying to leverage some bullshit sense of morality to control what people say in an internet forum because, while you might not be a total piece of shit in every facet of your life, in this specific instance you're being a coward because you don't want to have hard conversations or introduce uncomfortable topics in a news conversation.

Does it matter how he died, you might ask? Well, honestly, in some respect I could see the argument it doesn't, but not completely. How he dies does matter because it reflects how he lived. Thankfully, and this was my HOPE, he did not die from involvement in drug activity But if he had, it would have had implications on how he lived his life, which would have mean he was struggling or worse. You just assume the worst when someone brings up his family history, but we do know things about his family and it matters when it comes to how we viewed Demaryius Thomas' life.

His mother and grandmother were not good citizens and probably not good people. They damaged their community for personal gain. Mitigating circumstances or no, that's the worst a citizen can do, even if they weren't serial killers, they were worse than non-contributors, they were damaging their community. Someone in DT's position is MUCH more likely to develop pattern abuse with chemical substances. Football may have saved him from that path, I can't say for certain, but it certainly had a huge impact on his life.

How much can you really celebrate this man if his great underdog story ends with a drug related death? It is VERY relevant to the conversation, and I will not be shoehorned by some small-brained internet bitch into not speaking to it because it would hurt the feelings of idiots on the internet or (and only in this case, a justifiably offensive interpretation) his family and friends - who will literally never read this thread. I do not work PR, I am not a press guy, I'm not representing the Packers or the Broncos or the NFL. I am just a guy introducing reality into a conversation and it hurt your feelings.

Grow the fuck up and stop the bitch shit, man.

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 04:55 PM
ROFLMAO.

You're reading a lot into a sentence of eight words.....

I think you might be projecting something.

Since you are the one rage-posting screeds, I would suggest you stop the bitch shit, man.

Stop playing the victim you fucking snow-flake.

smuggler
12-13-2021, 04:58 PM
Empathy is a concept lost on some here............

Unless you can provide some kind of compelling rationale for this comment being posted in the thread, I'm going to ask you to shut your bitch mouth up. Thanks!

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 05:00 PM
Oh, since you ask so nicely......

Go get fucked, Snowflake.

LOL.

smuggler
12-13-2021, 05:10 PM
Alas Cumby, I will miss your valuable contributions to the board. I've listed the highlights from your posts in this thread below:

"Smuggler is mean!"
"No, you!"
"You mad, bro?"
"LOL Snowflake"

Really compelling stuff from a person who definitely stood a chance in this fucking argument, even though his position is the one championed by the media and the mob of nitwits throughout the land.

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 05:13 PM
Jesus.

You need some fucking help.

SudsMcBucky
12-14-2021, 10:41 AM
Wow. What an ass. Can you at least wait for a coroner's report to come out before just throwing shit against the wall linking someone to drugs just because their mom/grandma did? Why even need to do that? If it comes out he was (which is VERY unlikely based on all reports anyone who knew him says about him), THEN discuss it. FFS, man.

smuggler
12-14-2021, 01:06 PM
I didn't link the man to drugs. His family did that. You're just too much of a pussy to deal with that reality. Sorry honesty offends you. You can fuck right off too if you can't deal with the ruthlessness of the unplasticized truth.

It's not my job to coddle you.

SudsMcBucky
12-14-2021, 01:25 PM
I didn't link the man to drugs. His family did that. You're just too much of a pussy to deal with that reality. Sorry honesty offends you. You can fuck right off too if you can't deal with the ruthlessness of the unplasticized truth.

It's not my job to coddle you.

LOL. You're a dipshit. His family did shit when the kid was like 10 years old and you're going to link him? LMFAO. You're the pussy.

smuggler
12-14-2021, 01:38 PM
Do you know what happens to people when they're exposed to substances of abuse from a young age? Probably not, because you're showing yourself to be... not so bright.

They often develop patterns of abuse. Which, thankfully was not the case, but would have been the worst case scenario, since he was gone in any case.

Nah, you're a puss for refusing to face the music. Patently cowardly behavior makes a pussy, not someone being aggressive and mean toward ignorant or brainwashed nitwits.

SudsMcBucky
12-14-2021, 02:22 PM
Do you know what happens to people when they're exposed to substances of abuse from a young age? Probably not, because you're showing yourself to be... not so bright.

They often develop patterns of abuse. Which, thankfully was not the case, but would have been the worst case scenario, since he was gone in any case.

Nah, you're a puss for refusing to face the music. Patently cowardly behavior makes a pussy, not someone being aggressive and mean toward ignorant or brainwashed nitwits.

Nah, some jackwad who just assumes somebody is messed up on drugs because his mom/gradma were involved in them is the puss.

texaspackerbacker
12-14-2021, 04:42 PM

Good Post, Good take on this topic. Several of these fools just can't stop being in denial of the obvious.

MadtownPacker
12-14-2021, 11:11 PM
If another PR get together ever happens again we are having grudge matches for sure. I got $50 on smuggler for this first round.

My best Demaryius memory is his big play with Tebow. They are both forever loved by me for it because the upset saved me big $$$ against some greedy slant at work.

smuggler
12-15-2021, 07:10 AM
The overtime play against the Steelers. It was awesome. Sheer chaos because the Tebow-led Broncos had no business winning anything, much less a playoff game.

scharpcheddar
12-15-2021, 02:59 PM
The overtime play against the Steelers. It was awesome. Sheer chaos because the Tebow-led Broncos had no business winning anything, much less a playoff game.

Lolol that game was pure proof games are staged

George Cumby
12-15-2021, 08:53 PM

RashanGary
12-15-2021, 09:09 PM

That’s deep. Balls deep.

bobblehead
12-16-2021, 12:29 PM
If another PR get together ever happens again we are having grudge matches for sure. I got $50 on smuggler for this first round.

My best Demaryius memory is his big play with Tebow. They are both forever loved by me for it because the upset saved me big $$$ against some greedy slant at work.

Gotta match me up with Hoosier. I picture him as 65 years old and really soft. Man would I be in for it if it turns out he is a 6'3" biker who is ripped.