12-12-2021, 10:47 PM
Rodgers - 341 yards, 4 TD, 141.1 passer rating

Adams - 10 catches, 121 yards, 2 TD's

Marcedes Lewis - 4 catches, 51 yards

A.J. Dillon - 71 yards rushing

Aaron Jones - 65 total yards. 2TD's

Rasul Douglas - Pick 6 again

Devondre Campbell - 16 tackles

Defense allowed Fields to rush for 74 yards.

Don't even know where to start on special teams.

Discuss.

JohnMexico
12-12-2021, 10:49 PM
If not one head rolls after that fiasco, from whistle to whistle, then Lafleur is a bitch. And I'm not talking about Offense, Defense, or Bojo. Thank God for Bojo.

Bretsky
12-12-2021, 10:52 PM
If there is another coach in GB who has headed ST my guess is they will be working with the ST coach and players this week; I don't think they'll make any coaching moves til after the season. Worst I've ever seen in a game; complete ineptitude

Joemailman
12-12-2021, 10:55 PM
I don't know if things get better by firing Drayton now. Does putting his assistant in charge make things better? I don't know how much practice time is given to special teams. Maybe it needs to be more.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-12-2021, 10:58 PM
If not one head rolls after that fiasco, from whistle to whistle, then Lafleur is a bitch. And I'm not talking about Offense, Defense, or Bojo. Thank God for Bojo.

Looked like Bojo out-kicked his coverage a couple of times. Also had a poop punt.

That being said, great acquisition.

Regarding terminating folks, I’ll yield to esoxx. :)

call_me_ishmael
12-12-2021, 11:00 PM
The Packers would have lost this game to at least half the league. They must play better.

They need to get healthy on the OL. My goodness. They are so deep there but nearly out of depth. Same with WR.

QBME
12-12-2021, 11:10 PM
I don't know if things get better by firing Drayton now. Does putting his assistant in charge make things better? I don't know how much practice time is given to special teams. Maybe it needs to be more.

Could it make things worse?

esoxx
12-12-2021, 11:11 PM

Yes, they probably should fire someone after a 15 point win against their oldest rivals.

We shouldn't be subjected to this.

Joemailman
12-12-2021, 11:14 PM
Could it make things worse?

Well, Drayton was the assistant before he became the head ST guy.

QBME
12-12-2021, 11:26 PM
Well, Drayton was the assistant before he became the head ST guy.

Let's face the facts, the special teams have been the Achiles heel for several seasons. I agree that we cannot change horses in the present river but come on...get #8 out of there.

Joemailman
12-12-2021, 11:34 PM
Rodgers says toe got worse tonight.

QBME
12-12-2021, 11:42 PM
Rodgers says toe got worse tonight.

Of course he did. Thats what puts the prima in Prima Donna.

texaspackerbacker
12-13-2021, 01:10 AM
No way they fire Drayton or anybody else during the season. In case anybody forgot, we actually did win by 2 TDs - as somebody mentioned in another thread.

Somebody, RG I think, really called it - the Packers came out a little sluggish after the bye week, the D especially. That plus the Bears were playing way over their heads in the first half. A win is a win is a win, though. If we continue to take care of business and get some help from the Rams tomorrow night, we get the bye.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 08:17 AM
No way they fire Drayton or anybody else during the season. In case anybody forgot, we actually did win by 2 TDs - as somebody mentioned in another thread.

Somebody, RG I think, really called it - the Packers came out a little sluggish after the bye week, the D especially. That plus the Bears were playing way over their heads in the first half. A win is a win is a win, though. If we continue to take care of business and get some help from the Rams tomorrow night, we get the bye.

A win is a win is a win applies in September. But in December you need to be gearing up for the playoffs. A performance like they had on special teams last night, as well as the defense in the 1st half, will get you beat in the playoffs.

Fritz
12-13-2021, 08:18 AM

I did notice that on kicks Bojo is now spinning the football to get the laces pointed to the front. That seems to be making Mason Crosby happy.

I am not sure why they keep trotting Amari Rodgers out there. He brings nothing except for poor decision-making and hands of stone. There were two punts he fair-caught in which he had a lot of green field in front of him, and on his one "good" return (seven yards, was it?) he ran out of bounds about four yards before he'd have had any contact with an opponent. Oh, and that fumble. And that's all without his usual fair-catching the ball on his own five or six yard line instead of letting it go and trying to block someone so it can't be downed. The dude is also chubby and doesn't seem to have any shake-n-bake. To me, he's a colossal waste back there, and I don't know why you don't try someone else. I think they did that with Cobb for a bit (and yes he had a fumble), but I'd like to see them find someone who can at least safely catch the ball and make reasonable decisions.

It's strange that offense and defense, such intricate units, can perform like well-oiled machines, while special teams, which basically requires you to stay in your lane and do your job, looks like a circus clown show. I know it wouldn't be good to fire Drayton now, but god, will MLF step in and kick a little ass to try to get that straight? It's not all the injuries - even though four preferred starters on the offensive line are out - that will doom this team's run to the SB, it's the special teams that will sink this ship.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 08:27 AM
One thing we don't know if how much practice time is being devoted to ST. Maybe they need more. The other issue is which players are being made available to the ST units. I was surprised a couple of weeks ago to see Cooper Kupp returning punts for the Rams. Mecole Hardman, the Chiefs #2 WR, returns punts for them. But the Packers have a struggling rookie returning punts.

In Green Bay, the ST coordinators change, but the situation remains the same. I have to think there's a culture problem in Green Bay, where the importance of ST's is not stressed enough.

Teamcheez1
12-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Any news on Billy Turner?

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 08:47 AM
Any news on Billy Turner?

MLF hates talking about injuries. Probably won't hear anything until an MRI is done, if that is necessary. 1st injury report is Wednesday.

run pMc
12-13-2021, 09:28 AM
ST were an atrocity. Bears had a bunch of speed smurfs who burned GB.
Year 3 Justin Fields could be scary if the Bears don't turn him into Vince Young or RG3.

Pass rush contain was poor in general. That was not a great defensive performance, but they did make some good plays here and there.

Have to go back and see what they did to get Adams open more as the game went on; the offense really sputtered to start. Bears D were fired up that game. Too many backup OL playing; it's worrisome. Kelly is a significant step down from Turner. Njiman was so-so, but Robert Quinn is a good player. I think Roquan is at least borderline dirty.
Lazard and Deguara had nice games. The luxury automobile was pretty great too. They didn't run the ball much in the first half; honestly they were outcoached and outplayed the first half, and woke up after that. Didn't seem like MLF had the team ready to play. Lots to correct and get ready for the Ravens.

Fritz
12-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Why do some think Henry Black was so piss poor? He makes some mistakes but seems to have room to blossom. He's only in year two, I think.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 02:14 PM
Rodgers deadly when throwing under 10 yards.

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_ROD339293_2021-REG-14_1639370711122.jpeg

Sparkey
12-13-2021, 02:16 PM
Why do some think Henry Black was so piss poor? He makes some mistakes but seems to have room to blossom. He's only in year two, I think.

That one play, where the scheme ended up having him playing coverage on a wr with 4.28 speed. Now, if he had successfully bumped him within 5 yards, the play doesn't happen. But sometimes you have to give credit to the offense running the perfect play.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 02:17 PM
A. J. Dillon run chart.

https://charts-cdn-b.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/carry-chart_DIL237740_2021-REG-14_1639370724276.jpeg

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 02:21 PM
Davante Adams receiving chart.

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/route-chart_ADA218591_2021-REG-14_1639370738722.jpeg

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Zach Kruse

Aaron Rodgers was under pressure on only 6 of 40 dropbacks last night, per
@pff
. Unreal. 12 and Adam Stenavich are wizards.

Green Bay Packers

Sunday marked the seventh time in @AaronRodgers12's career that he had four or more TDs with no interceptions against Chicago, the most in NFL history against a single opponent.

27/34 for 321 and 4 TDs from clean pockets Fire

Fritz
12-13-2021, 02:45 PM
That one play, where the scheme ended up having him playing coverage on a wr with 4.28 speed. Now, if he had successfully bumped him within 5 yards, the play doesn't happen. But sometimes you have to give credit to the offense running the perfect play.

He got caught flat-footed there, for sure.

Bretsky
12-13-2021, 03:02 PM

I don't know his numbers but he runs like the plodder :))

Upnorth
12-13-2021, 03:10 PM
Zach Kruse

Aaron Rodgers was under pressure on only 6 of 40 dropbacks last night, per
@pff
. Unreal. 12 and Adam Stenavich are wizards.

Green Bay Packers

Sunday marked the seventh time in @AaronRodgers12's career that he had four or more TDs with no interceptions against Chicago, the most in NFL history against a single opponent.

27/34 for 321 and 4 TDs from clean pockets Fire

The bears d sucks this year but only 6 pressures??? Wow.

Is it just me or is our play action improving as the year goes on. It looks like it, and I wonder if increasing the use of dillion has some part of it.

texaspackerbacker
12-13-2021, 03:17 PM
It seemed like Black was in a short zone and expected somebody else to have the receiver as he crossed or went deeper. It also seemed like Black was playing the slot on a lot of plays where Chandon Sullivan has been playing - or did I see that wrong? Maybe they figured Black was better against the run and the Bears would be running more? Or was he supposed to be a "spy" against Fields running? (if so, that didn't work very well)

Overall, I thought Black was fairly decent at least within the context of his limited ability.

texaspackerbacker
12-13-2021, 03:19 PM
I don't believe that "6 pressures" thing. It seemed pretty clear that he was pressured just about every time he dropped back. Their criterion for calling it a pressure must be flawed. Out of 41 passes and 3 sacks, something like 30-35 pressures seems more accurate.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Kurt Benkert tweeted picture of his right knee after taking snaps in victory formation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGdmHdmXwAEYFEb?format=jpg&name=900x900

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 04:00 PM
The bears d sucks this year but only 6 pressures??? Wow.

Is it just me or is our play action improving as the year goes on. It looks like it, and I wonder if increasing the use of dillion has some part of it.

Totally agree. Having the threat of that big, bruising back is keeping defenses honest.

George Cumby
12-13-2021, 04:01 PM
Kurt Benkert tweeted picture of his right knee after taking snaps in victory formation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGdmHdmXwAEYFEb?format=jpg&name=900x900

That dude is funny.

Joemailman
12-13-2021, 04:25 PM
MLF said in his PC they will look at having some guys contribute to special teams that usually aren't asked to. Lazard and Rasul Douglas were mentioned. Lazard had no ST snaps and Douglas had 3.

run pMc
12-18-2021, 02:33 PM
I don't believe that "6 pressures" thing. It seemed pretty clear that he was pressured just about every time he dropped back. Their criterion for calling it a pressure must be flawed. Out of 41 passes and 3 sacks, something like 30-35 pressures seems more accurate.

What are your criteria? Not saying you're wrong, just am curious.

Personally I think 6 is low but 30 would be high. It seems like pressures and hurries are a fairly squishy if not subjective stat

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2021, 09:35 PM
What's that old saying, you know it when you see it. or something like that? When the D is through the line, and the QB is forced to scramble or unload it to avoid getting sacked. I don't know if 30 pressures is all that high an amount. That would mean there were 14 clean drop backs without pressure. I only recall that happening a couple of times. Any of ya'all saw more than that? Anywhere near the 38 clean pockets needed to arrive at a figure of just 6 pressures.