PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Other Games

Joemailman
12-16-2021, 05:35 PM
Chiefs at Chargers tonight. Game of the year in the NFC West.

Elsewhere, Covid could be a big issue:

The Cleveland Browns, meanwhile, announced Wednesday that head coach Kevin Stefanski has tested positive for the coronavirus, and at least eight starters -- including quarterback Baker Mayfield -- have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list this week.

The Los Angeles Rams have placed 13 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list in the past week, including star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and starting running back Darrell Henderson.

Washington has placed 17 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list this week -- including eight on Wednesday and three more on Thursday -- bringing its total to 21 overall and 11 starters.

smuggler
12-16-2021, 07:36 PM
Not seeing what Parham did to hurt his neck on that 4th down play, but his entire body froze as soon as his elbow hit the ground...

smuggler
12-16-2021, 09:44 PM
Chargers sure do like to fumble inside the KC 5 yard line.

smuggler
12-17-2021, 10:48 AM
Parham's injury is a concussion. Looks like it happened when his elbow hit the ground and then he got another jolt when his head hit the ground. Pretty nasty stuff.

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 01:30 PM
Adam Schefter

NFL and NFLPA discussing postponing multiple Week 15 games, per source. As one source said, “the league is getting pressure to move games.”

Rams reportedly have 21 roster players and 4 practice squad players on covid list. Rams say their players are vaccinated, so likely at least some would be cleared to play.

smuggler
12-17-2021, 03:31 PM
Browns game getting appreciably pushed back is probably a benefit for us. It's slated for Monday right now. Could be changed again.

smuggler
12-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Maras doing a great thing by giving the unwashed Giants fans a free medium soda for "fan appreciation" week. I always consider winning to be the best form of fan appreciation.

I guess they just had a ton of medium cups in storage. Meanwhile, the wins section of the cupboard is pretty bare in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 04:38 PM
Browns game getting appreciably pushed back is probably a benefit for us. It's slated for Monday right now. Could be changed again.

Washington at Philly and Seattle at Rams moved to Tuesday night.

Fosco33
12-17-2021, 05:39 PM
Did they change the goalpost on this one? I thought the league said forfeits and missed game checks? Or was that when they thought the vaccine worked to prevent infection not just hospitalization. Not political - just curious on if the rule changed.

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 05:57 PM
Did they change the goalpost on this one? I thought the league said forfeits and missed game checks? Or was that when they thought the vaccine worked to prevent infection not just hospitalization. Not political - just curious on if the rule changed.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL sent a memo to its clubs stating that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week schedule due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and be credited with a loss, per sources informed of the situation.

I think all teams have enough players vaccinated that forfeits aren't going to happen.

“If a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams,” the memo said.

But the league will not apply the same leniency to teams with outbreaks among unvaccinated players.

bobblehead
12-17-2021, 08:22 PM
What a shit show. I feel like week 15 will finish in January sometime.

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 08:41 PM
What a shit show. I feel like week 15 will finish in January sometime.

As things stand right now, there will be games played on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. December 18-27.

bobblehead
12-18-2021, 08:04 AM
As things stand right now, there will be games played on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. December 18-27.

At least I won't be bored.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2021, 12:15 PM
About the only relevant thing here from a Packer point of view is that the Browns come in here 6 days after playing instead of 8.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2021, 12:26 PM
About the only relevant thing here from a Packer point of view is that the Browns come in here 6 days after playing instead of 8.

Good catch. But looks like it’s actually 5. Brownies-Pack is currently scheduled for next Saturday, not Sunday.

Would the NFL move the game to Sunday to accommodate the Brownies?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2021, 12:32 PM
Btw, fuck YouTubeTV, which just got rid of ESPN from its lineup of “live” TV.

I paid $70 of my hard-earned minimum-wage income for that shit, man. Now gotta pay another premium if I wanna watch Monday Night Football.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2021, 12:50 PM
I flip burgers on Saturday nights, so I am all for moving Brownies-Pack to Sunday.

Joemailman
12-18-2021, 04:10 PM
I flip burgers on Saturday nights, so I am all for moving Brownies-Pack to Sunday.

Put up a sign and go home and watch the Packers.

https://www.signs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Free-Closed-for-Christmas-Sign-Downloadable-PDF-7.jpg

Joemailman
12-18-2021, 05:37 PM
Vikings release Bashaud Breeland after altercation.

Pelissero and Rapoport reported that the 29-year-old veteran's ouster came after he got into it with coaches during practice, took off his cleats and proceeded to engage in a confrontation with multiple teammates who were trying to calm the situation.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told reporters earlier in the day that Breeland had been a late addition to the injury report. Zimmer noted that he would be listed as questionable for their Monday Night Football clash with the Bears due to a non-injury related matter.

Joemailman
12-18-2021, 08:32 PM
Colts knocking around Patriots so far. Blocked a punt for a TD.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2021, 09:50 PM
Good catch. But looks like it’s actually 5. Brownies-Pack is currently scheduled for next Saturday, not Sunday.

Would the NFL move the game to Sunday to accommodate the Brownies?

Good catch by you hahahaha. I didn't realize that.

Joemailman
12-18-2021, 10:37 PM
Maras doing a great thing by giving the unwashed Giants fans a free medium soda for "fan appreciation" week. I always consider winning to be the best form of fan appreciation.

I guess they just had a ton of medium cups in storage. Meanwhile, the wins section of the cupboard is pretty bare in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Do the washed Giants fans get anything?

smuggler
12-19-2021, 12:10 AM
A rimjob and a pack of smokes? I don't know what the well-to-do in New Jersey do for funsies.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-19-2021, 03:38 AM
Had the German Shepherd stayed put at 30 instead of trading up for the half (white) and half (Black) QB, he coulda gotten the Oedipal son of ex-NFL great, John Taylor, Jon Taylor.

I’d rather have Taylor than the Quadizilla. Dillion hits holes slower than a fucking sloth, which often resulted in loss yardages. Taylor runs through holes smoother than a hot, d-cupped strippers’ boobs.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 01:08 PM
Lions lead Cardinals 10-0.

scharpcheddar
12-19-2021, 01:41 PM
You could read the the Lions game a mile away after cards loss to rams. It's obvious they don't want cards to clinch playoffs yet.

smuggler
12-19-2021, 01:59 PM
Things lining up pretty nicely for Tam Brady if we falter in the last four weeks...

texaspackerbacker
12-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Another Lion stop - still too early to call it, but it's looking good. Kudos to the numerology freak in here who called this one. I guess I'll have to keep my promise to read a book on that silly topic.

smuggler
12-19-2021, 02:38 PM
I think Diggs completed the catch and Golladay ripped it out after. Looks like a pick to me. Good challenge by McCarthy.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Cardinals have been trending down for a while. They were 7-0, and will now be 10-4. They could lose their last 3.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Kittens seem to play well at home. Before anyone goes ha-ha!, ala Nelson Muntz, keep in mind that our beloved Pack still have to trek to Detroit, the capital of Canada.

scharpcheddar
12-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Of course Pitt and detroit won.
It's better for the league interest

th87
12-19-2021, 06:49 PM
Of course Pitt and detroit won.
It's better for the league interest

Surely you've made yourself rich by knowing the NFL's machinations.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 06:55 PM
Go Saints!

scharpcheddar
12-19-2021, 07:32 PM
Surely you've made yourself rich by knowing the NFL's machinations.

Entertainment. Entertainment.
Entertainment.

bobblehead
12-19-2021, 08:22 PM
Had the German Shepherd stayed put at 30 instead of trading up for the half (white) and half (Black) QB, he coulda gotten the Oedipal son of ex-NFL great, John Taylor, Jon Taylor.

I’d rather have Taylor than the Quadizilla. Dillion hits holes slower than a fucking sloth, which often resulted in loss yardages. Taylor runs through holes smoother than a hot, d-cupped strippers’ boobs.

Was about to trash your post as I'm not convinced Dillon has had a run for loss all year, but then you came up with the line "smoother than a hot, dcupped strippers' boobs" and I lost all desire to trash the post.

bobblehead
12-19-2021, 08:23 PM
You could read the the Lions game a mile away after cards loss to rams. It's obvious they don't want cards to clinch playoffs yet.

Sort of agreed. I think the Cards are over rated, but not rigged. Bobble hit a smooth 2 teamer today Lions and packers over. Also has a 3 teamer of Giants under, Steelers under and Eagles under. Lets go D in the eagles game.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 08:28 PM
Lions have as of now lost #1 draft pick. Jax #1.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 09:10 PM
Saints D playing great, but they're gonna have to find a way to score a TD.

Guiness
12-19-2021, 09:27 PM
bizarre shit going on it the the bucs/saints game for sure

Guiness
12-19-2021, 09:29 PM
is something wrong with Brady's arm? That's the third lollipop throw I've seen and I just turned the game on

JohnMexico
12-19-2021, 09:38 PM
is something wrong with Brady's arm? That's the third lollipop throw I've seen and I just turned the game on

Brady's arm has look fine all year.

We just can't do what they do. Styles really do make fights.

Saints aren't built for bend dont break. We don't have the personnel to do anything BUT BBDB, and if we do they are never healthy. We will need aggressive Jaire/Stokes, and a healthy Rashan/Z/Preston/Clark to allow us to push pressure on without Capers/Pettine blitzing. The formula against Brady has ALWAYS been the same. Those old Ravens and Broncos had his number too. Special defenses.

We are closer to being able to stop THESE guys than we are to stopping a team like the one we played today, breaking contain on half of the QB dropbacks and looking like we havent learned anything since the first Kaepernick game 9 years ago.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 09:41 PM
In 2nd half, Saints have 12 offensive plays for 14 yards. Come on Taysom.

RashanGary
12-19-2021, 09:45 PM
Saints D playing great, but they're gonna have to find a way to score a TD.

A third field goal won’t hurt.

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 09:47 PM
A third field goal won’t hurt.

Got it!

Joemailman
12-19-2021, 09:53 PM
Inside pressire is Brady's kryptonite, and Saints are bringing it.

Guiness
12-19-2021, 09:59 PM

Saints aren't built for bend dont break. We don't have the personnel to do anything BUT BBDB, and if we do they are never healthy. We will need aggressive Jaire/Stokes, and a healthy Rashan/Z/Preston/Clark to allow us to push pressure on without Capers/Pettine blitzing. The formula against Brady has ALWAYS been the same. Those old Ravens and Broncos had his number too. Special defenses.

We are closer to being able to stop THESE guys than we are to stopping a team like the one we played today, breaking contain on half of the QB dropbacks and looking like we havent learned anything since the first Kaepernick game 9 years ago.

damn that game against the 49ers is as much of a trigger for me as 4th and 26. They. could. just. not. tackle. him!

RashanGary
12-19-2021, 09:59 PM
Inside pressire is Brady's kryptonite, and Saints are bringing it.

Kenny Clark going into playoffs

Bye
Bears
Covid bye
Browns
Vikings
Lions
Playoff bye
Division week
Buccaneers

Clark has a chance to be healthy as hell going into the playoffs. He could be huge against Brady.

JohnMexico
12-19-2021, 10:21 PM
Kenny Clark going into playoffs

Bye
Bears
Covid bye
Browns
Vikings
Lions
Playoff bye
Division week
Buccaneers

Clark has a chance to be healthy as hell going into the playoffs. He could be huge against Brady.

Clark is great but we would also need a Mike Daniels clone. That would tie everything together theoretically.

smuggler
12-19-2021, 10:44 PM
Would be amazing if Heflin became that dude.

HarveyWallbangers
12-19-2021, 10:59 PM
Clark is great but we would also need a Mike Daniels clone. That would tie everything together theoretically.

Hopefully, it's Big Z rushing from the inside--alongside Clark with Preston and Gary on the edges.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-19-2021, 11:59 PM
Was about to trash your post as I'm not convinced Dillon has had a run for loss all year, but then you came up with the line "smoother than a hot, dcupped strippers' boobs" and I lost all desire to trash the post.

Dillion needs to hit the hole with rage, especially with the end zone 3 yards ahead. Instead, he often sloth his way to it, most often then not getting tackled behind the LOS.

texaspackerbacker
12-20-2021, 02:19 AM
APB, you mentioned about YouTube TV, which I have, losing the Disney Corp. channels - ABC, ESPN(s), etc. ABC was gone today, but all of the ESPNs were there, so you should be able to see MNF.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-20-2021, 02:38 AM
APB, you mentioned about YouTube TV, which I have, losing the Disney Corp. channels - ABC, ESPN(s), etc. ABC was gone today, but all of the ESPNs were there, so you should be able to see MNF.

Thanks for the info. Looks like Google and Disney have reached a “13th” hour deal. According to the email I got, subscribers will still get a (one-time) $15 credit/discount for next month.

I plan on only keeping YouTubeTV til January, unless someone hires me for $50,000/yr to cook their books. Btw, looks like MNF is also being broadcasted over the air via Disney-owned ABC.

Guiness
12-20-2021, 07:18 AM
In 2nd half, Saints have 12 offensive plays for 14 yards. Come on Taysom.

I don't think they ended up with much more than that.

Joemailman
12-20-2021, 08:32 AM
I don't think they ended up with much more than that.

They had a 42 yard drive in the 4th quarter to produce a FG to take a 9-0 lead. That was about it.

bobblehead
12-20-2021, 10:38 AM

Is this why the Packers picked him off 3 times in the NFCC game? I mean honestly, the D did enough to put us in the Owl. A combination of a lot of other things sent us home.

Guiness
12-20-2021, 10:46 AM
They had a 42 yard drive in the 4th quarter to produce a FG to take a 9-0 lead. That was about it.

I held my breath every time he threw it, especially over 10 yards. One attempt I remember should have been an interception. He didn't look much better than Tebow out there, I don't understand why the Saints paid him.

smuggler
12-20-2021, 07:53 PM
So.. refs fucked up a call in the Bears/Vikings game and called a roughing penalty for a hit on a defenseless receiver, which was pretty damn bad.

They then called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Nagy for calling them out for their shitty call.

So, in other words, the Bears got hit with 15 yards because the refs suck ass and then the Bears got hit with another penalty for more yards because the refs had too much doodoo on their lips.

National Frassyboi League

smuggler
12-20-2021, 08:16 PM
More refs shitting down their legs.

Line Judge #75 should be out on the street sucking at something else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/rkqbmo/imagine_if_burfict_had_done_this/

Joemailman
12-20-2021, 09:43 PM
Vikings suck. Bears suckier.

Fritz
12-21-2021, 08:53 AM
Outside of the Packers, the NFC North is pretty much a shitshow.

smuggler
12-21-2021, 06:39 PM
Lavonte David injured his foot in the game against the Saints and will miss the rest of the regular season. Bucs not nearly as healthy at the end of the year as they were last season.

Joemailman
12-21-2021, 06:47 PM
Lavonte David injured his foot in the game against the Saints and will miss the rest of the regular season. Bucs not nearly as healthy at the end of the year as they were last season.

Also a report Fournette is going on IR. They're signing Leveon Bell.

Freak Out
12-21-2021, 07:10 PM
I hate it when warm weather teams (Rams) have a dome or controlled home stadium.

King Friday
12-21-2021, 08:23 PM
The NFC East is even shittier then our division.

scharpcheddar
12-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Vikings suck. Bears suckier.

Vikings will still beat Rams