PDA

View Full Version : Players out around the league

Guiness
12-23-2021, 03:58 PM
Among others, the Saints are in some kind of bad shape.

Jeff Asher
@Crimealytics
So the Saints offense will be missing:

QB1
QB2
QB3
WR1
WR2
TE1
TE3
LT1
LG1
RT1

And maybe more.

WFT is also on their 4th QB and 4th Centre!

As of today, Browns are notably out QB1, QB2, WR1 and C1.

Joemailman
12-23-2021, 04:31 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- In the midst of another COVID-19 outbreak, the Baltimore Ravens were down to 13 defensive players from their 53-man roster at Wednesday's practice.

Heading into Sunday's game at the Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore has nine defenders on the reserve/COVID-19 list: outside linebackers Justin Houston and Pernell McPhee; inside linebackers Chris Board and Kristian Welch; cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Chris Westry; safeties Chuck Clark and Geno Stone; and defensive tackle Justin Madubuike.

In addition to issues related to COVID, the Baltimore defense has lost three starters to injury (cornerbacks Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Peters along with safety DeShon Elliott) and has two key players currently on the injury report (defensive end Calais Campbell and cornerback Tavon Young)..

Guiness
12-23-2021, 08:34 PM
QB4 would be terrifying. Does the Pack even have a 4th? Rodgers, Love, Benkert, ???. I'm assuming QB4 is currently not in Green Bay!

smuggler
12-23-2021, 09:01 PM
Dolegala hahaha

bobblehead
12-24-2021, 09:47 AM
QB4 would be terrifying. Does the Pack even have a 4th? Rodgers, Love, Benkert, ???. I'm assuming QB4 is currently not in Green Bay!

Blake Bortles. He watches the Pack each week on TV to stay current on our offense.

Guiness
12-24-2021, 11:41 AM
Blake Bortles. He watches the Pack each week on TV to stay current on our offense.

Of course, I forgot he was around for the KC game. He's temporarily unavailable (signed with Saints) but likely to be released by them pretty quickly when they get someone back!

bobblehead
12-24-2021, 12:15 PM
Old Blake is becoming a hired gun! Got a problem with an outlaw bullying the townfolk, call Blake.

scharpcheddar
12-24-2021, 01:17 PM
First off , none of these players have anything.
And it seems more often that the team that gets the cv narrative ends up winning.
But odds are this sets up Saints and Eagles losing, to help 49ers

Joemailman
12-27-2021, 03:58 PM
Tom Silverstein

#Packers players who have been placed on COVID-19 reserve are G Ben Braden, OLB Tipa Galeai, WR Amari Rodgers and ILB Ty Summers. No starters among the bunch and Summers was already on injured reserve. OLB and PR/KR are areas they'll have to address this week.

Fritz
12-27-2021, 04:38 PM
Tom Silverstein

#Packers players who have been placed on COVID-19 reserve are G Ben Braden, OLB Tipa Galeai, WR Amari Rodgers and ILB Ty Summers. No starters among the bunch and Summers was already on injured reserve. OLB and PR/KR are areas they'll have to address this week.

Damn, those are all the players I was hoping would not play. Cool.

Sorry about it being Covid-related, though.

I'm just kidding. I know all hands available is better, but those are not some of the better players for the team. I will say Amari Rodgers looks much more comfortable returning kicks than punts.

But Ty Summers, good on ST as he seems to be, can be replaced. Maybe Tippy Tequila can play ILB. Or maybe he's too light to do that, too.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2021, 11:59 PM
Tipa is on the COVID list. See above.

Fritz
12-28-2021, 07:03 AM
Tipa is on the COVID list. See above.

My mistake. Looks like we may get to see Pete Kumbaya this season.

King Friday
12-28-2021, 09:51 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens with this over the next few weeks. Covid is going to send at least 1 NFL team to their demise in the postseason.

bobblehead
12-28-2021, 11:05 AM
Damn, those are all the players I was hoping would not play. Cool.

Sorry about it being Covid-related, though.

I'm just kidding. I know all hands available is better, but those are not some of the better players for the team. I will say Amari Rodgers looks much more comfortable returning kicks than punts.

But Ty Summers, good on ST as he seems to be, can be replaced. Maybe Tippy Tequila can play ILB. Or maybe he's too light to do that, too.

Not to fear, the talented players are waiting for the playoffs to get infected with a variant that actually killed one person. An 80 year old with a serious respiratory condition.

Joemailman
12-28-2021, 12:48 PM
Carson Wentz, who is unvaccinated, placed on Covid list. If he tested positive, he is out for at least 10 days. If he is a close contact, he could be eligible in 5 days if he continues to test negative. Rookie Sam Ehlinger is Indianapolis’ backup and presumably would start against Las Vegas if Wentz is out.

smuggler
12-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Colts do not have much margin for error. While Wentz hasn't been great this year, he has done a good job not losing games and that might be a tall order for Ehlinger.

Joemailman
12-28-2021, 03:33 PM
Green Bay Packers
@packers
#Packers place LB Oren Burks & TE Marcedes Lewis on the reserve/COVID-19 list

That's up to 12. Don't know if these have tested positive, or if they are close contacts.

Matt Schneidman

Packers on the reserve/COVID-19 list up to 12:

MVS
Kevin King
Shemar Jean-Charles
La'Darius Hamilton
Chauncey Rivers
Amari Rodgers
Ben Braden
Ty Summers
Tipa Galeai
R.J. McIntosh
Marcedes Lewis
Oren Burks

smuggler
12-28-2021, 04:24 PM
Arians is out this week. Jets couldn't possibly pull out a win, could they?

Teamcheez1
12-28-2021, 04:59 PM
The NFL is now changing their criteria to match the new CDC guidelines. This now means some players could be out as little as 5 days.

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Not to fear, the talented players are waiting for the playoffs to get infected with a variant that actually killed one person. An 80 year old with a serious respiratory condition.

Six of my relatives, friends, co-workers have been diagnosed with COVID over the last week. Small sample size, but the affect on all of them equaled a common cold. Different than last year when it would give some people a fever with a bad loss of taste and smell for several days. This strain appears to be very mild, and I think the hysteria is overblown. I was sick over the weekend with similar symptoms (probably because of the last minute holiday shopping), but I'm not going to bother getting tested.

Freak Out
12-28-2021, 08:20 PM
Spread the love Harv ��

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2021, 11:01 AM
My grandson age 27 has it - fully vaccinated including the booster. I just talked to him (by phone), and he's sluggish and tired and a slight cough, but not really sick.

KYPack
12-29-2021, 11:42 AM
This really ain't in the same spirit with the rest of the thread, but still news dept....

Adam Thielen out with season ending ankle surgery.

Good, right?

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Good from a Packer point of view - is there really any other kind in here?

RashanGary
12-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Good from a Packer point of view - is there really any other kind in here?

Rastak

bobblehead
12-29-2021, 03:07 PM
Six of my relatives, friends, co-workers have been diagnosed with COVID over the last week. Small sample size, but the affect on all of them equaled a common cold. Different than last year when it would give some people a fever with a bad loss of taste and smell for several days. This strain appears to be very mild, and I think the hysteria is overblown. I was sick over the weekend with similar symptoms (probably because of the last minute holiday shopping), but I'm not going to bother getting tested.

I was sick as a dog this morning. Splitting head ache. I might have covid. It could also be the 14 bourbon that I drank playing poker til 3 am.

esoxx
12-31-2021, 10:08 AM
Kirk Cousins tests positive., out for Sunday's game. Per ESPN.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2021, 10:21 AM
I can taste the first round bye.

RashanGary
12-31-2021, 11:43 AM
Kirk Cousins tests positive., out for Sunday's game. Per ESPN.

No way! This is good news! We might sort of back into a first round bye.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2021, 12:06 PM
Not to fear, the talented players are waiting for the playoffs to get infected with a variant that actually killed one person. An 80 year old with a serious respiratory condition.Im sick of your stupid ass. Intelligent my ass, you are a ignorant fuck who thinks he is above all right???

I tried sorry mfer, don’t say I didn’t.

King Friday
12-31-2021, 01:24 PM
No way! This is good news! We might sort of back into a first round bye.

Rodgers missing for Covid already earned us a L. It isn't backing in.

kcpackman
12-31-2021, 01:47 PM
You do realizes the Packers don't play very well against backup QBs - right They usually make them look like all pros.