PDA

View Full Version : Division Round Hypotheticals

call_me_ishmael
01-03-2022, 12:43 AM
Let's say Bak is ready to go and like 75% despite taking no snaps all season. Does he start over 73 who is playing _really_ well for a 3rd stringer right now?

Does Rookie Josh Myers get the job back from Lucas Hat trick Patrick?

Rasul and Stokes are playing pretty well right now. Do you keep them on the edges and play Jaire in the slot? WYD?

texaspackerbacker
01-03-2022, 01:07 AM
Rodgers said he'd take Bakhtiari at 60% over anybody else. Nijman has been fairly decent, but nothing special either. My gut feeling is that Bakhtiari will not be considered 75% and will not play, but you never know.

I think/hope Myers plays, but it wouldn't be surprising if they held him out too.

I think Jaire will be in the rotation and play, but not really take Stokes or Douglas's spot fulltime. If would seem like maybe Douglas would be the most suitable of the three to play the slot.

Fritz
01-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Let's say Bak is ready to go and like 75% despite taking no snaps all season. Does he start over 73 who is playing _really_ well for a 3rd stringer right now?

Does Rookie Josh Myers get the job back from Lucas Hat trick Patrick?

Rasul and Stokes are playing pretty well right now. Do you keep them on the edges and play Jaire in the slot? WYD?

Good questions for which I have no answers due to a lack of knowledge. I would think if Myers and Bakh are coming back (though I don't think Bakh will be back), they'd need some live game reps before the playoffs begin - that is, in Detroit. I'm not sure you can just throw those guys into a playoff game, which players themselves say is faster-paced than regular season games, and think they'll be able to perform consistently well. Same probably with Jaire.

If they do get Jaire back, no idea where he best fits versus, say, Douglas. But it's sure be nice to have him and Z back. Somebody like Z, who would be in a rotation, I would think could play some snaps without regular season seasoning. A few pass rush opportunties, say.

But I don't know that you can work offensive linemen back into the mix that way in the playoffs. Just my limited opinion.

Guiness
01-03-2022, 01:43 PM
Good questions for which I have no answers due to a lack of knowledge. I would think if Myers and Bakh are coming back (though I don't think Bakh will be back), they'd need some live game reps before the playoffs begin - that is, in Detroit. I'm not sure you can just throw those guys into a playoff game, which players themselves say is faster-paced than regular season games, and think they'll be able to perform consistently well. Same probably with Jaire.

If they do get Jaire back, no idea where he best fits versus, say, Douglas. But it's sure be nice to have him and Z back. Somebody like Z, who would be in a rotation, I would think could play some snaps without regular season seasoning. A few pass rush opportunties, say.

But I don't know that you can work offensive linemen back into the mix that way in the playoffs. Just my limited opinion.

I think you're pretty spot on there. I feel like putting Bakh (or Myers, but less so) would be pretty risky, moreso if they can't go next week. OTOH as you said putting Z in for some obvious pass rush situations or having Jaire take some of Sullivan or Yiadom's snaps is a lot less risky than protecting the franchise. I honestly don't know how an OL who hasn't even practised in over a year could be brought in at this point.

Joemailman
01-03-2022, 01:51 PM
Jaire was put on Covid list yesterday, so I think that means he probably doesn't practice this week.