PDA

View Full Version : Black Monday, 2022 Thread.

George Cumby
01-08-2022, 08:55 PM
Fangio might be gone as soon as Sunday, or not.

Joemailman
01-08-2022, 09:07 PM
Fangio might be gone as soon as Sunday, or not.

Hard to blame a guy who's had these as his starting QB's: Joe Flacco, Drew Lock, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskel, Brett Rypien and Teddy Bridgewater. I expect Denver to make a run at Rodgers, Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson. The only time Elway has gotten the QB situation right is when he signed Peyton Manning. He might keep Fangio and see what he can do if hey can get a quality QB.

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2022, 12:38 AM
Prediction: If the OC goes to Denver, we know Aaron is leaving.

Fritz
01-09-2022, 07:53 AM
Hard to blame a guy who's had these as his starting QB's: Joe Flacco, Drew Lock, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskel, Brett Rypien and Teddy Bridgewater. I expect Denver to make a run at Rodgers, Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson. The only time Elway has gotten the QB situation right is when he signed Peyton Manning. He might keep Fangio and see what he can do if hey can get a quality QB.

That's the beauty of being both a team legend AND GM: Smelway can simply shrug and blame his head coach. But that only works once or twice.

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 09:22 AM
Could hear some things pretty early. Broncos have already played. Bears, Vikings, Giants, Jaguars all play at noon.

Fritz
01-09-2022, 09:32 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the ownership does in Minny. Is Zimmer the fall guy, or does Spielman go too? Or neither, in the hopes that they can channel their best Pittsburgh Steelers impression?

And can Nagy salvage another year with a win today? Probably not. I think Pace is getting ready to heave him under the bus.

And meet Joe Judge, your next Packer special teams coach. Dude's as good as gone, from what I saw in his last weird presser.
'

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 09:54 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the ownership does in Minny. Is Zimmer the fall guy, or does Spielman go too? Or neither, in the hopes that they can channel their best Pittsburgh Steelers impression?

And can Nagy salvage another year with a win today? Probably not. I think Pace is getting ready to heave him under the bus.

And meet Joe Judge, your next Packer special teams coach. Dude's as good as gone, from what I saw in his last weird presser.
'

On Wednesday Boomer Esiason reported Nagy has been told by the Bears he will not be returning in 2022. Now that we've settled that...

I think Nagy is gone. I don't think Pace makes that decision though. In fact, Pace could be in trouble too. Bears don't have what would have been a high 1st round pick because of the Khalil Mack trade. And of course he's the guy who traded up to take Mitch Trubisky over Mahomes.

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 10:19 AM
Fangio gone.

I'll bet Hackett is high on their list.

Mayhem
01-09-2022, 01:36 PM
There is talk about Jim Harbaugh coming back to the N.F.L.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2022, 01:40 PM

Next Bears head honcho, eh?

run pMc
01-09-2022, 03:29 PM

Heard that too. How long before he would burnout again? He brought his crazy eyes to college ranks and I thought he was in danger until this year of getting run out of Michigan. I bet it's a ruse for an updated contract.
Unlike his 49ers tenure, Harbaugh wouldn't have a great OL, and I don't think he's known for being a QB guru... so maybe that would be fun.

run pMc
01-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Fangio gone.

I'll bet Hackett is high on their list.

As much as I think Elway can suck it, they have someone else allegedly at GM in George Paton. I'm sure Elway still has tons of influence. Fangio is a very, very good DC... but I didn't see much from him as a HC that made me think he was a guy who could get them to a Super Bowl. I'm not surprised he's gone.

I think Nagy and Zimmer are gone too?

Has someone ranked the most desirable to least desirable HC jobs?
I have to think the Texans are far down the list.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 08:31 AM
Bears have fired Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.

Vikings have fired Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Dolphins fire Brian Flores.

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Dolphins fire Brian Flores.

I'm a little surprised. I thought they'd give him another year after their turnaround--especially since they went 8-5 when Tua got meaningful snaps.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 09:25 AM
I'm a little surprised. I thought they'd give him another year after their turnaround--especially since they went 8-5 when Tua got meaningful snaps.

Surprised me too. There's already talk he could be a candidate for one of the other head coaching vacancies this year.

Lions have to be loving the upheaval in the NFCN. Right now they have to be thinking that if Rodgers leaves Green Bay, the division could be wide open.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Bears have fired Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.

Vikings have fired Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6s8UCpWYdA

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 09:53 AM

There's gotta be more to the story here. Maybe it was dysfunctional or something internally. Kinda felt like Flores wanted to role with Tua and management wanted the Texans guy all season.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 10:02 AM
There's gotta be more to the story here. Maybe it was dysfunctional or something internally. Kinda felt like Flores wanted to role with Tua and management wanted the Texans guy all season.

What's dysfunctional there is the owner. Doesn't live in Miami so may not have a sense of what is going on with the team. Created a huge distraction for the coach and QB this year by making it clear he wanted DeShaun Watson. Really stupid move since no team is signing Watson until his legal status is clarified.

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 10:05 AM
This is why I would rather be a coordinator at a good franchise than a HC at a crap one. Flores was jobbed and he will likely be the Broncos coach I'd imagine.

Freak Out
01-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Smart owners generally hire smart people then get the fuck out of the way for the most part.

Guiness
01-10-2022, 11:21 AM
Lafleur now the longest tenured coach in the NFC North.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 11:35 AM

Heard a story this am on NFL Network: Flores is toxic and alienates lots of folks, from the GM to coordinators to players. Apparently, Flores was the one pushing for Watson which alienated Tua.

Ross has publicly declared that he won't hire Harbaugh from Michigan, but the reporter's opinion was if other teams were sniffing around, Ross would swoop in. Apparently Ross is a huge Michigan donor and has long had a man-crush on Crazy Eyes.

Guiness
01-10-2022, 12:02 PM
Heard a story this am on NFL Network: Flores is toxic and alienates lots of folks, from the GM to coordinators to players. Apparently, Flores was the one pushing for Watson which alienated Tua.

Ross has publicly declared that he won't hire Harbaugh from Michigan, but the reporter's opinion was if other teams were sniffing around, Ross would swoop in. Apparently Ross is a huge Michigan donor and has long had a man-crush on Crazy Eyes.

Flores comes from NE/Belichick coaching tree. BB is not exactly known as a personable guy and if Flores is of the same style he would rub people the wrong way. Throw in an absentee owner who only shows up for game days (when the GM is free to sit in the box with him and the coach is, well, busy) and it's no surprise who won that struggle.

Fritz
01-10-2022, 12:19 PM

The Bears can have him. Anyone can have him. Despite his success this year, I think he's a terrible coach. Still coaching like it's 1995 or something. In fact, it'd be great if the Bears hired him. Or hired a GM who hired Harbaugh. That'd be great.

I wonder what Spielman in Minny will do now. I'm not sure you can get another GM gig - once a GM gets fired, they don't often seem to get re-hired elsewhere - but he seems to have an eye for talent.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 12:20 PM
In August, there were reports that Ross wanted to go after Watson. However, that appears to be a story pushed by Florio, so it may have been just so much B.S. Really sounds now that Flores lost a power struggle within the organization. Still, he was a better coach than Adam Gase and Joe Philbin who came before him, so no guarantee Dolphins are making the right move here.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Giants GM Dave Gettelman retires. "You can't fire me. I quit". Sounds like Giants want GM to be involved in coaching decisions, not just a personnel guy. If so, they need to find their GM before they can decide on their HC situation. What a mess.

"This will be a comprehensive search for our next general manager," Mara said in a statement. "We are looking for a person who demonstrates exceptional leadership and communication abilities, somebody who will oversee all aspects of our football operations, including player personnel, college scouting and coaching."

The Giants did not address the status of coach Joe Judge in their announcement about Gettleman. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported last month that Judge was expected to return in 2022 despite the Giants' last-place finish this season. The Giants (4-13) had a 19-46 record with Gettleman as GM, losing at least 10 games in all four seasons.

Bretsky
01-10-2022, 01:07 PM
BLACK MONDAY POACHING

Am I the ONLY one thinking we should be reaching out to a cream of the crop ST coach from these groups and line us up for next year.

Anybody aggressively went to hire an assistant that really kicked ass like this by moving fast and lining things up ? Hmmm......Dallas comes to mind

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 01:16 PM
BLACK MONDAY POACHING

Am I the ONLY one thinking we should be reaching out to a cream of the crop ST coach from these groups and line us up for next year.

Anybody aggressively went to hire an assistant that really kicked ass like this by moving fast and lining things up ? Hmmm......Dallas comes to mind

The difference is Dallas wasn't in the playoffs. Have you ever heard of a team making a coaching change while preparing for a playoff game ?

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 01:25 PM
Lafleur now the longest tenured coach in the NFC North.

hahahahaha LaFleur, no, make that Aaron Rodgers is responsible for a LOT of pretty good coaches getting fired.

"Smart" owners? Jerry Jones is arguably the top of those - he has done a better job as a GM than just about any real GM in the league in his time as owner.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 01:35 PM
hahahahaha LaFleur, no, make that Aaron Rodgers is responsible for a LOT of pretty good coaches getting fired.

"Smart" owners? Jerry Jones is arguably the top of those - he has done a better job as a GM than just about any real GM in the league in his time as owner.

Early on he did. But Jerruh's teams have won 3 playoff games in the 2000's and missed the playoffs 14 times.

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 02:09 PM
He's still built better teams than a lot of others. However, he may not have done as good hiring coaches (and maybe retaining them too long).

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 02:22 PM
Flores comes from NE/Belichick coaching tree. BB is not exactly known as a personable guy and if Flores is of the same style he would rub people the wrong way. Throw in an absentee owner who only shows up for game days (when the GM is free to sit in the box with him and the coach is, well, busy) and it's no surprise who won that struggle.

I've never heard of BB alientating or being tough to work with though. Demanding, yes, but not just a grind. Could be my selective hearing, though.

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 02:24 PM
BLACK MONDAY POACHING

Maybe they should put in a call to Bobby Jr in Madison

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 02:26 PM
He's still built better teams than a lot of others. However, he may not have done as good hiring coaches (and maybe retaining them too long).

My opinion: Dallas has built incredible teams but haven't had a star QB in way too long. Romo was overrated. Remains to be seen with Dak. They built some very impressive rosters over the years, thats for sure. They seem to be near the best as far as drafting.

Bretsky
01-10-2022, 02:30 PM
The difference is Dallas wasn't in the playoffs. Have you ever heard of a team making a coaching change while preparing for a playoff game ?

NOT what I'm suggesting; but we all know contacts are made in the background that we don't know about. These guys know each other. GB should be making some contacts (without us knowing) to any unemployed ST coach for next year........unless they plan on keeping their stud there :))

Or we can take our sweet time and watch all of the good ones get plucked away by the new hires

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 02:37 PM
My opinion: Dallas has built incredible teams but haven't had a star QB in way too long. Romo was overrated. Remains to be seen with Dak. They built some very impressive rosters over the years, thats for sure. They seem to be near the best as far as drafting.

You're a victim of context here too hahahaha. Literally nobody looks all that great when you're used to watching Aaron Rodgers. Compared to 31 other teams, though, Romo and Dak were/are pretty damn good.

run pMc
01-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Jones made a lot of mistakes after Jimmy Johnson, and I think as a front office DAL has been a not-tire-fire, which automatically puts them in the top 16. I wouldn't say they are a top 5 front office since he's been the GM. I will say he has gotten better in that role and they aren't bad...I'd say they're a top 10 front office.
They've taken some risks, and also had some high picks that have panned out, but the majority of his tenure has not really had them as a serious SB contender. I think of Dallas like Minnesota -- good enough to whip you one day and piss their pants the next.

As an owner, he done things to enrich himself and a lot of the others in the billionaire boys club, so good on him for that. He's a savvy businessman.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 03:41 PM
Reports are Joe Judge is staying with the Giants. Nothing confirmed.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 04:53 PM
Quiet after a fast start today. Fangio, Nagy, Flores and Zimmer gone. Jax will be hiring a coach. Raiders may or may not be replacing Bisaccia. Is that it? A lot of people think Culley in Houston is safe. Reports are Giants are keeping Judge.

MadScientist
01-10-2022, 08:25 PM
So now that the have to make new hires, will the Bears actually pay coaches more than minimum wage?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10023246-former-pro-bowl-c-olin-kreutz-says-bears-offered-him-minimum-wage-to-help-coach-ol?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 09:03 PM
So now that the have to make new hires, will the Bears actually pay coaches more than minimum wage?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10023246-former-pro-bowl-c-olin-kreutz-says-bears-offered-him-minimum-wage-to-help-coach-ol?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Well, it's better than flipping burgers for minimum wage. Isn't it?

MadScientist
01-10-2022, 09:31 PM
At least flipping burgers for minimum isn't a complete insult.

esoxx
01-10-2022, 09:49 PM
Can't they come up with a robot chef to flip burgers? Then it will all be a moot point.

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 08:30 AM
Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN
Interesting one: The Broncos requested permission to interview Packers QB coach/passing game coordinator Luke Getsy for their HC opening, per source. Along with Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett, that's two Broncos candidates who currently coach Aaron Rodgers. Hmmmm...

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 08:50 AM
Bears have requested an interview with Hackett.

George Cumby
01-11-2022, 10:48 AM
Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN
Interesting one: The Broncos requested permission to interview Packers QB coach/passing game coordinator Luke Getsy for their HC opening, per source. Along with Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett, that's two Broncos candidates who currently coach Aaron Rodgers. Hmmmm...

Do the Broncos have the draft picks to pay a King's Ransom?

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 11:19 AM
Do the Broncos have the draft picks to pay a King's Ransom?

They have the 9th pick and 2 2nd round picks this year.

George Cumby
01-11-2022, 11:37 AM
They have the 9th pick and 2 2nd round picks this year.

Package those and 2023 first?

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Former #Dolphins coach Brian Flores is set to interview for the #Bears head coaching job, per source.

After his surprise dismissal Monday, Flores is expected to be hot in this cycle. Chicago gets the first confirmed interview.

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2022, 01:07 PM
I guess I just don't see what's appealing about the Broncos. Packers look like the better team offensively and defensively even after the inevitable churn next year. Rodgers is rich AF and any amenities that CO would offer he can surely get the team to give him here anyway.

Something to keep an eye on for sure. But if you're a HOFer looking to win a title, do you really want to go somewhere where there's a lot of instability lately? Denver looks closer to Jacksonville the last 6 years or so than the historically stable Denver. I understand Kubiak had some health issues but the fact is they're on their 5th coach in 11 years.

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 01:18 PM
I guess I just don't see what's appealing about the Broncos. Packers look like the better team offensively and defensively even after the inevitable churn next year. Rodgers is rich AF and any amenities that CO would offer he can surely get the team to give him here anyway.

Something to keep an eye on for sure. But if you're a HOFer looking to win a title, do you really want to go somewhere where there's a lot of instability lately? Denver looks closer to Jacksonville the last 6 years or so than the historically stable Denver. I understand Kubiak had some health issues but the fact is they're on their 5th coach in 11 years.

I think there's a good chance Rodgers does sign with the Packers. But Denver is probably the next best alternative. Rodgers' fiance has a house in Boulder. Denver has enough cap space to sign Rodgers and Adams. Denver has a decent team. Put Rodgers and Adams on that team and they're probably one of the better teams in the AFC.

run pMc
01-11-2022, 01:46 PM
I think it would take picks + players to send Rodgers, pretty sure a chunk of his cap goes with him?

I would rather keep Rodgers on a 2 year extension, but if they had to trade him I wouldn't for less than 2 R1 picks plus a couple of other picks and some good players. Trading for the current and presumptive MVP should require the buyer pay a lot.
He would make them a playoff team but I'm not sure they would be the best team in their own division (KC) much less a serious SB contender. You trade for Rodgers and you likely don't have much cap space or draft picks to improve beyond what's currently a middling roster.
If Adams went with him they'd really have something though.

Green Bay has overall a more talented roster IMO.

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2022, 04:22 PM
I think there's a good chance Rodgers does sign with the Packers. But Denver is probably the next best alternative. Rodgers' fiance has a house in Boulder. Denver has enough cap space to sign Rodgers and Adams. Denver has a decent team. Put Rodgers and Adams on that team and they're probably one of the better teams in the AFC.

Better than GB though? I don't know about that.

Personally, I think Pittsburgh is a much better situation. It's hard to imagine them not being one of the best teams in the league right there with the Packers with a QB like Rodgers.

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 05:09 PM
Quiet after a fast start today. Fangio, Nagy, Flores and Zimmer gone. Jax will be hiring a coach. Raiders may or may not be replacing Bisaccia. Is that it? A lot of people think Culley in Houston is safe. Reports are Giants are keeping Judge.

Giants fire Joe Judge.

So head coach jobs open:

Jaguars
Broncos
Bears
Dolphins
Vikings
Giants

GM jobs open:

Bears
Vikings
Giants

call_me_ishmael
01-12-2022, 01:56 PM
I just don't think he'll go to the Broncos if they're up for sale. Too much uncertainty.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1481352588603834370

George Cumby
01-12-2022, 02:16 PM
I just don't think he'll go to the Broncos if they're up for sale. Too much uncertainty.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1481352588603834370

That's a new and significant data point.

run pMc
01-12-2022, 03:32 PM
Giants fire Joe Judge.

There were people surprised that Flores got canned but Judge hadn't... well, that's over.
Judge has the track record to be a good replacement for Drayton next season, but I think he goes back to work for Belichick.

Joemailman
01-13-2022, 09:48 AM
Eliot Wolf among people Bears want to interview for GM.

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, vice president of football operations (Browns): Interview requested
Morocco Brown, director of college scouting (Colts): Interview requested
Ran Carthon, director of player personnel (49ers): Interview requested
Glenn Cook, vice president of player personnel (Browns): Interviewed 1/12
Ed Dodds, vice president of player personnel (Colts): Interview requested
Jeff Ireland, assistant general manager (Saints): Interview requested
Omar Khan, vice president of football and business administration: Interview requested
Joe Schoen, assistant general manager (Giants): Interview requested
Eliot Wolf, senior consultant (Patriots): Interview requested

Joemailman
01-13-2022, 09:54 PM
Texans fire Culley. I wonder how many top HC prospects would want that job.

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2022, 11:41 PM
Texans fire Culley. I wonder how many top HC prospects would want that job.

Better job than Jacksonville IMO. Both are crap, though. At least you have a franchise QB on the roster in Tejas. Not so sure they will be next year, tho.

Joemailman
01-14-2022, 07:43 AM
Better job than Jacksonville IMO. Both are crap, though. At least you have a franchise QB on the roster in Tejas. Not so sure they will be next year, tho.

I don't think Watson will ever play for Texas.

Fritz
01-14-2022, 08:25 AM
There were people surprised that Flores got canned but Judge hadn't... well, that's over.
Judge has the track record to be a good replacement for Drayton next season, but I think he goes back to work for Belichick.

Yeah, so he can brush up on his people skills. . .

If Eliott Wolf is ever going to become a GM, now would seem the time. If you are the Bears or Vikings, you can throw a little "F___ you" at GB if you hire Wolf, just cuz his old man is revered in Green Bay. But I don't know anything about Eliot Wolf or how good he would be as a GM.

Freak Out
01-14-2022, 11:40 AM

Jacksonville has a pretty solid QB dude.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2022, 02:26 PM

Maybe, he kind of looked like crap this year. I still think the problem in Jacksonville is the owner and culture. 5th coach since 2010 IIRC.

Sparkey
01-14-2022, 03:22 PM
Maybe, he kind of looked like crap this year. I still think the problem in Jacksonville is the owner and culture. 5th coach since 2010 IIRC.

The Jags had one of the best running backs in the league on their roster but Meyer was a jag himself and did not use him properly. They are set to be a big "surprise" team next year with the right head coach choice. I personally think that Hackett will be their coach. He would be a great hire for the team and I think he would try to bring Getsy in as his oc, which would not be good for Green Bay.

Joemailman
01-15-2022, 09:31 AM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

The #Vikings requested an interview with #Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett for their head coaching job, per source.

A busy bye for Hackett, who had #Jaguars on Friday, has #Broncos and #Bears today and now Minnesota likely on Sunday.

Gotta think Hackett has a pretty good shot at one of these jobs. If that happens and Getsy doesn't get a HC job, I wonder where Getsy ends up. Stay in Green Bay as OC, or go with Hackett as OC?

Bretsky
01-15-2022, 09:49 AM
IF Hackett gets a job I would hope you make Getsy the OC.

Would not be that surprised if Getsy is the one offered the position. Just a gut feeling. Remember when Andy Reid was a QB coach and way more ready then our coordinators to be a HC ?

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2022, 12:34 PM
Hackett and Getsy are probably absolutely wonderful coaches, but how could anybody tell when obviously, LaFleur is the brains of the offense?

Sparkey
01-15-2022, 01:30 PM
Hackett and Getsy are probably absolutely wonderful coaches, but how could anybody tell when obviously, LaFleur is the brains of the offense?

Well, as for Hackett, he was OC when Bortles actually looked like a good qb. That is no small accomplishment.

Guiness
01-16-2022, 02:55 PM

Do they really though? I'd say the jury is still out on that one. He should be capable but that situation is so bad that we may never know. Plenty of first overall QBs fizzled, often due to situation as much as ability. Working backward Russell, Bradford, Carr, Couch, George - all had mediocre careers at best. Winston, Mayfield and Goff are looking like they'll be added to that list.

Guiness
01-16-2022, 03:23 PM
I wonder if Jim Caldwell will get another opportunity during this rotation? He didn't do a bad job in Detroit - his Wikipedia page has this tidbid

Caldwell's record as Lions coach was 36–28 (.563), making him the first non-interim Lions coach to leave the team with a winning record since Joe Schmidt, who led the team from 1967 to 1972. His .563 winning percentage was also the best for a Lions' head coach since Buddy Parker in the 1950s.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2022, 03:25 PM
Smuggler and TexasPackerBacker

Guiness
01-16-2022, 05:25 PM
Jones made a lot of mistakes after Jimmy Johnson, and I think as a front office DAL has been a not-tire-fire, which automatically puts them in the top 16. I wouldn't say they are a top 5 front office since he's been the GM. I will say he has gotten better in that role and they aren't bad...I'd say they're a top 10 front office.
They've taken some risks, and also had some high picks that have panned out, but the majority of his tenure has not really had them as a serious SB contender. I think of Dallas like Minnesota -- good enough to whip you one day and piss their pants the next.

As an owner, he done things to enrich himself and a lot of the others in the billionaire boys club, so good on him for that. He's a savvy businessman.

So much this. Egotistical Billionaires don't make wonderful decisions with their toys, hence why roughly 1/3 of the NFL teams are a disaster at any point in time due to interference from the owners. The most obvious ones right now are WFT and Houston. Cleveland and both NY teams are right on their heels. Miami gets an honourable mention.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 10:15 PM
IF Hackett gets a job I would hope you make Getsy the OC.

Would not be that surprised if Getsy is the one offered the position. Just a gut feeling. Remember when Andy Reid was a QB coach and way more ready then our coordinators to be a HC ?

I, too, just have a hunch. I don't really know why but I am assuming he gets a job somewhere. He is obviously the OC promotion (assuming Aaron wants that) if the other guy gets a job but I just see that as unlikely.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 10:16 PM
I wonder if Jim Caldwell will get another opportunity during this rotation? He didn't do a bad job in Detroit - his Wikipedia page has this tidbid

I think he is probably a decent coach but he is 67 years old and let's be honest, he gets interviews every year because they can do them in season to meet the Rooney rule. Hopefully he charges for 'em lol!

Joemailman
01-17-2022, 08:34 PM
Raiders GM Mike Mayock fired.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Raiders GM Mike Mayock fired.

That Table of Organization made no fucking sense. The Head Coach hires the GM? WTF?

Fritz
01-18-2022, 08:04 AM
It'd be awesome if the Raiders hired Mel Kiper next.

Sparkey
01-18-2022, 08:19 AM
Would anyone be surprised if Eliot Wolf ended up being the Raiders new gm ?

Fritz
01-18-2022, 08:42 AM
Not at all. Going back to his Pappy's roots.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 04:46 PM
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

There was a tense meeting involving Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill, GM Steve Keim and coach Kliff Kingsbury yesterday, per source. Bidwill was unhappy with late-season slide and intimated changes were possible.

"Shit hit the fan," source said.

Cardinals have faded in the 2nd half of the season 3 years in a row.

call_me_ishmael
01-20-2022, 09:27 PM
I just don't think the cardinals are as talented as others do. The QB is great but when he is hurt and their star receiver is hurt, what else can you do? That's a tough deal with a 5'10" skinny mini QB.

run pMc
01-21-2022, 12:54 PM
I think Murray is little and gets banged up by November, and that impacts the offense down the December stretch, hence the fading. If Rodgers got hurt and missed games every year by Thanksgiving GB would be in bad place. I also think their OL has issues, and they lost Rodney Hudson (a very good C) and one or two others so that likely hurt them.

They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball so I was only mildly surprised at their hot start but their slide has to be a concern.

I don't think Kingsbury is a terrible coach, but I don't think he's that great either.

George Cumby
01-21-2022, 08:52 PM
Raiders sniffing around Harbaugh.

I really wish it was the Bears. I don't hate them the way I used to. If they hired Harbaugh, I'd feel good about hating them again.

Joemailman
01-21-2022, 09:57 PM
Less than a week after a disappointing playoff exit for the Dallas Cowboys, club owner Jerry Jones isn't rubber-stamping the return of coach Mike McCarthy just yet.

The Cowboys' 12-5 regular season and NFC East title were laid to waste last weekend in a stinging home loss to the San Francisco 49ers, 23-17, that made for a very brief postseason for a collection of talent with higher potential and aspirations. It's apparently not sitting well with the team's outspoken owner.

"I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches," Jones said, per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

While making it clear he's unhappy with the performance of the coaching staff, Jones also said he wouldn't delve into specifics about his conversations with McCarthy or anyone else about the head coach's future.

Jones remarks stand somewhat in contrast to Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones' portrayal of McCarthy's status. Jerry's son told 103.5 The Fan on Monday that he is very confident that McCarthy will coach the team in 2022. McCarthy himself said on Wednesday that his conversations with Jones since the loss have been very positive.

Losing at home in the Wild Card Round clearly left a bitter taste in the elder Jones' mouth, however. The clock expired on the Cowboys' season when the offense was unable to re-set for a spike after a designed draw play by Prescott which put the ball on the 49ers 24-yard line. Jones and his team will never know what might've come of one more pass to the end zone, but a far more tangible cause for the loss was the team's playoff-record-tying 14 penalties in the game. Jones lamented those miscues, and took exception to McCarthy's comments that playing penalty-free football would be an offseason priority.

"I don't go for that," Jones said. "I have been trying to push that. I want those things recognized and addressed after the first game. Or after we played the sixth game. I don't want to wait until after we are sitting here with no season left to address the things we are doing or not doing. ... You got to adjust (to penalties) or you don't have a job."

Jerruh sometimes make his coaches jobs more difficult, but he tends to stick with his head coaches.

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2022, 10:10 PM
Cowboys seem like a better organization that should win more in the playoffs. I appreciate how they stick with coaches.

George Cumby
01-22-2022, 08:04 AM
I heard Jerrah's comments. There was real venom in his voice. Fat Mike might not be a Cowboy for long.

Joemailman
01-22-2022, 08:25 AM
I heard Jerrah's comments. There was real venom in his voice. Fat Mike might not be a Cowboy for long.

I'm not someone who normally bashes MM. But his comment that playing penalty free football would be an offseason priority was laughable. If a team is committing too many mistakes, that is something that has to be addressed in real time, not after the season.

Joemailman
01-24-2022, 01:32 PM
Hackett arrived in Denver for 2nd interview today. Considered 1 of 3 finalists. Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell are the other coaches still in the mix.

Guiness
01-24-2022, 03:20 PM
Hackett arrived in Denver for 2nd interview today. Considered 1 of 3 finalists. Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell are the other coaches still in the mix.

Looks like Bieniemy was the Rooney stooge.

call_me_ishmael
01-24-2022, 04:28 PM
I really don't want Hackett to go. It sounds like he is an important player in keeping things loose and having great communication.

Joemailman
01-25-2022, 12:53 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Bears are finalizing a deal to hire Chiefs’ Assistant Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles as their next general manager, per league sources.

Hope he sucks.

Poles currently serves as executive director of player personnel with the Chiefs, a job he has held since 2021.

Poles had been a finalist for both the Bears and Vikings job. Which means that the Vikings will now have to move on to plan B.

Joemailman
01-25-2022, 12:56 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Sources: Sean Payton has informed the #Saints that he’s stepping away.

Another team that could be interested in Hackett or Getsy.

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2022, 02:11 PM
WOW! I think he just needs a break. I suspect he's back in the league next year. Man, what a great life. He can step away, take a year off to relax, and then he can return and have 50% of the league lining up to hire him for 10M per year. Not bad at all Seanny P.

texaspackerbacker
01-25-2022, 02:21 PM
CMI, that reminds me of Cowher. He never came back, and I think he was as young and well thought of or more so than Payton.

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2022, 02:53 PM
CMI, that reminds me of Cowher. He never came back, and I think he was as young and well thought of or more so than Payton.

Yeah, he was a good one and I'm surprised he never came back. I guess the TV money is still really good and a whole lot less work!

Joemailman
01-25-2022, 03:54 PM
WOW! I think he just needs a break. I suspect he's back in the league next year. Man, what a great life. He can step away, take a year off to relax, and then he can return and have 50% of the league lining up to hire him for 10M per year. Not bad at all Seanny P.

Payton coached in Dallas before he got the job in New Orleans. The speculation has already started that he'll be back there at some point.

George Cumby
01-25-2022, 04:28 PM
Payton coached in Dallas before he got the job in New Orleans. The speculation has already started that he'll be back there at some point.

QB situation is better. What's Dallas' cap situation?

Joemailman
01-25-2022, 05:28 PM
QB situation is better. What's Dallas' cap situation?

About 21 million over.

Joemailman
01-26-2022, 10:45 AM
Reports Jags close to hiring Byron Leftwich as HC. Wonder if that could be the final push to Brady deciding to retire. Gronk could be retiring too.

Bretsky
01-26-2022, 02:37 PM
Happy for Byron Leftwich; he seems innovative and has worked hard to get there.

George Cumby
01-27-2022, 11:26 AM
Bears hiring Colts DC Eberflus as their HC.

The Shadow
01-27-2022, 11:44 AM
Bears hiring Colts DC Eberflus as their HC.

I propose we refer to him as "Matt Neverfloss".

Joemailman
01-27-2022, 12:38 PM
Dan Quinn has informed teams he's staying with Dallas.

Joemailman
01-27-2022, 06:35 PM
Josh McDaniels will interview for Raiders HC job.

Joemailman
01-28-2022, 05:53 PM
Giants hire Bills OC Brian Daboll as HC.

Joemailman
01-29-2022, 07:47 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Jim Harbaugh might be taking a step toward returning to the NFL.

Harbaugh and the Minnesota Vikings had exploratory conversations about the team's coaching vacancy Saturday, a person with knowledge of the process told The Associated Press.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team was not publicizing the interview, said both sides are gauging interest.

A message seeking comment was left with Harbaugh, whose seventh season at Michigan ended last month with a loss to Georgia in the College Football Playoff.

Minnesota hired Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as general manager Wednesday night and is searching for a coach.

Michigan's coach might be a good fit, and he might be ready to leave his alma mater..

George Cumby
01-29-2022, 08:41 PM
OMFG, yes!

Another reason to HATE the Vikings.

If there is a God in Heaven, please make this happen.

King Friday
01-30-2022, 01:09 PM
Getsy going to Chicago as OC...kinda risky move by the Bears. Getsy is hardly a sure thing, and they hired a defensive guy as HC. That is an enormous promotion and he now has a QB that is vastly different than Rodgers.

Sparkey
01-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Josh McDaniels to be next head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nfl.com/_amp/josh-mcdaniels-raiders-hire-head-coach-dave-ziegler-gm-patriots&ved=2ahUKEwiIzMiQntr1AhV5ITQIHaV8CEEQr_oDKAB6BAgOE AE&usg=AOvVaw1wAiGWF7FvNaVMrWHdjST6

Fritz
01-30-2022, 01:48 PM
Getsy going to Chicago as OC...kinda risky move by the Bears. Getsy is hardly a sure thing, and they hired a defensive guy as HC. That is an enormous promotion and he now has a QB that is vastly different than Rodgers.

Apparently the Packers are pulling a Nancy Reagan and just saying no when other teams inquire about interviewing Stenavich. That seems to indicate he's going to be the next OC, some sources say.

That's a hell of a fast rise for a guy most of us thought was underqualified to be an offensive line coach two or three years ago.

run pMc
01-30-2022, 03:42 PM
Apparently the Packers are pulling a Nancy Reagan and just saying no when other teams inquire about interviewing Stenavich. That seems to indicate he's going to be the next OC, some sources say.

That's a hell of a fast rise for a guy most of us thought was underqualified to be an offensive line coach two or three years ago.

I didn't think he had much experience, but at least he had some. It was Outten that I worried about. I think he was basically a high school coach before landing with GB.

texaspackerbacker
01-30-2022, 06:35 PM
I'd like to see Randall Cobb hired to replace Getsy as Packers QB and WR coach - not just because Rogers should like that, but because he fairly uniquely has experience at both positions.

Bretsky
01-30-2022, 07:26 PM
I'd like to see Randall Cobb hired to replace Getsy as Packers QB and WR coach - not just because Rogers should like that, but because he fairly uniquely has experience at both positions.

why ???? I have no idea if Cobb is coaching material. We don’t need more unqualified wild cards

Joemailman
01-30-2022, 07:28 PM
why ???? I have no idea if Cobb is coaching material. We don’t need more unqualified wild cardsHe's Rodgers' buddy.

George Cumby
01-30-2022, 07:37 PM
He's Rodgers' buddy.

Oh! In THAT case! Why didn't you say so?!

call_me_ishmael
01-30-2022, 08:21 PM
I would have zero problems with Cobb being WR coach. I have little doubt that Cobb is a smart guy. I don't think he could have the wife he has unless he was a smart dude.

texaspackerbacker
01-30-2022, 09:23 PM
Oh! In THAT case! Why didn't you say so?!

I DID say so hahahaha.

What does a QB coach/WR coach do anyway? Provide input on pass routes and communicate with both position groups. Cobb has played both, and he should be as qualified as anybody to do that.

QBME
01-31-2022, 07:53 AM
I propose we refer to him as "Matt Neverfloss".

Matt Everlose?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-31-2022, 11:03 AM
I DID say so hahahaha.

What does a QB coach/WR coach do anyway? Provide input on pass routes and communicate with both position groups. Cobb has played both, and he should be as qualified as anybody to do that.

Cobb said in a PackersNews article that when he does retire from playing, he wants to move back to the hills of Tennessee to raise the young uns, while the wife practices law. Might not be interested in coaching.

Ruvell Martian, an intern, got more screen time last season than Love and St. Paul’s pale-skinned mothers had combined. How about promoting the guy to WR coach?

Joemailman
01-31-2022, 01:09 PM
Cobb said in a PackersNews article that when he does retire from playing, he wants to move back to the hills of Tennessee to raise the young uns, while the wife practices law. Might not be interested in coaching.

Ruvell Martian, an intern, got more screen time last season than Love and St. Paul’s pale-skinned mothers had combined. How about promoting the guy to WR coach?

That could very well happen. Justin Vrable, the current WR coach, played QB in college, and coached QB's in college. He could replace Getsy as QB coach/passing game coordinator.

Joemailman
01-31-2022, 01:48 PM
Packers are finished:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKdGAVHVgAAyfJr?format=jpg&name=small

George Cumby
01-31-2022, 03:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Something something chickens something something

Joemailman
01-31-2022, 04:57 PM
Raider go the Patriot Way. Hire Dave Ziegler as GM and Josh McDaniels as HC.

Adam Stites
@AdamStites_

Raiders reporter just asked McDaniels how great it is to join a team that already has a top five quarterback

Mayhem
01-31-2022, 05:10 PM
Packers are finished:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKdGAVHVgAAyfJr?format=jpg&name=small I be worried if I was Canada

Joemailman
02-01-2022, 09:11 AM
We’re starting to get even more clarity on the Vikings head coaching search. According to Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune (on Twitter), Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham will get a second interview with Minnesota. Meanwhile, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero (via Twitter), Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh will visit Minnesota for an in-person interview on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Pelissero notes (on Twitter) that 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans has declined a second interview with the Vikings, with Ryans looking to “further his development in San Francisco.” That leaves four candidates for the job: Graham, Harbaugh, and Rams coordinators Kevin O’Connell and Raheem Morris.

call_me_ishmael
02-01-2022, 09:32 AM
Patrick Graham was the Packers DL coach a few years back, no? LOL at Demeco Ryan's saying no thanks.

George Cumby
02-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Harbaugh to Vikes noise continues.

George Cumby
02-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Raider go the Patriot Way. Hire Dave Ziegler as GM and Josh McDaniels as HC.

*Dials up Schadenfreude*

Sparkey
02-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Patrick Graham was the Packers DL coach a few years back, no? LOL at Demeco Ryan's saying no thanks.

2018 inside lb coach/defensive run game coordinator.

call_me_ishmael
02-01-2022, 04:01 PM
Go Flores!!! Rooney rule is dumb *because it is so wildly abused*

Joemailman
02-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Go Flores!!! Rooney rule is dumb *because it is so wildly abused*

He might be able to prove that a lot of the owners/GM's are morons in the way they go about hiring coaches. But I think he'll have a hard time proving that racism was why he was fired/not hired. Unless he has incriminating texts/emails or something.

Joemailman
02-01-2022, 06:57 PM
There are reports out of Michigan that Harbaugh will be the Vikings new coach. Harbaugh has an interview scheduled with them tomorrow.

call_me_ishmael
02-01-2022, 07:57 PM
He might be able to prove that a lot of the owners/GM's are morons in the way they go about hiring coaches. But I think he'll have a hard time proving that racism was why he was fired/not hired. Unless he has incriminating texts/emails or something.

I don’t think it’s about winning, it’s about sending a message. The Napster way of winning.

JohnMexico
02-02-2022, 12:16 PM
I don't think the lack of blacks being hired is in direct opposition to he rule but it is a direct opposition to the climate. There was 8 black head coaches until 5 ago apparently. Lions maintained relevance through Schwartz and Caldwell, but since firing Caldwell for not having a team with Aaron Rodgers or that 2017 Vikings the owners have made some egregious hiring decision likely related to the kneeling.

We know so far its just the clown franchises being implicated. Even after Rodgers I don't see the ownerless Packers ever being considered along the lines of franchises like the Browns, Broncos, Dolphins, Giants and the R-Words.

Fritz
02-02-2022, 12:50 PM
I hope the Vikes hire Harbaugh.

That dude does not scare me.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 01:46 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Harbaugh is 4-0 vs. Packers.

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 01:55 PM

I would've preferred the Bears so I could hate them again.

But I'll be glad to have another reason to hate the Vikings more.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 08:35 PM
Harbaugh staying at Michigan. Rams OC Kevin McConnell now considered favorite for Vikings job.

George Cumby
02-02-2022, 09:00 PM
Darn.

From what I heard, the Vikes didn't want him as much as he wanted them.

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Heh, I have a hunch Brandon Graham is going to get a long hard look at the Vikes job - they don't want that smoke right now.

Joemailman
02-02-2022, 09:29 PM
There are reports that Kevin O'Connell has the Vikings job. It just won't be official until after the Superb Owl.

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Dumb, Harbaugh is like the perfect coach for Minnesota. I am glad he is staying at UM as a result.

George Cumby
02-03-2022, 09:52 AM
Florio is butt-hurt the Vikes didn't get Angry Eyes:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/vikings-missed-their-chance-to-get-jim-harbaugh/

Fritz
02-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Harbaugh staying at Michigan. Rams OC Kevin McConnell now considered favorite for Vikings job.

As a mild Michigan fan, I am sad the Vikes would not take him off the Wolverines' hands.

And that 4 - 0 was from back then. He's a dinosaur.

texaspackerbacker
02-03-2022, 08:38 PM
This is so weirdly funny you couldn't make this up. Floris is suing the NFL over the Rooney Rule thing - because the Giants job was allegedly decided before Floris even got interviewed. Belichick supposedly congratulated him but got mixed up and sent his message to the wrong guy named Brian - Floris instead of Daboll.

Joemailman
02-03-2022, 10:17 PM
Jaguars hiring Doug Pederson as HC.

George Cumby
02-03-2022, 10:24 PM
Jaguars hiring Doug Pederson as HC.

Good move by the Jags.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2022, 08:53 AM
This is so weirdly funny you couldn't make this up. Floris is suing the NFL over the Rooney Rule thing - because the Giants job was allegedly decided before Floris even got interviewed. Belichick supposedly congratulated him but got mixed up and sent his message to the wrong guy named Brian - Floris instead of Daboll.

Yeah, Tex…(see Onion thread in FYI).

Freak Out
02-04-2022, 12:43 PM
That should help Trevor.

Joemailman
02-04-2022, 12:45 PM
Rumors out there that Pettine the favorite for Vikings DC job. https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/02/mike-pettine-favorite-for-vikings-dc-job

NewsBruin
02-04-2022, 12:50 PM
Man, just hire Jim Caldwell. I read I read Deadspin column (https://deadspin.com/qb-guru-jim-caldwell-is-exhibit-a-in-brian-flores-lawsu-1848474551); I'm convinced.

Joemailman
02-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Man, just hire Jim Caldwell. I read I read Deadspin column (https://deadspin.com/qb-guru-jim-caldwell-is-exhibit-a-in-brian-flores-lawsu-1848474551); I'm convinced.

Caldwell was 36-28 with the freakin' Lions. That alone should get him a HC job.

George Cumby
02-04-2022, 03:05 PM
Caldwell was 36-28 with the freakin' Lions. That alone should get him a HC job.

Holy cow. I didn't realize he did so well.

run pMc
02-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Jim Caldwell was better coach than Marty Mornhinweg, Jim Schwartz, or Matt Patricia, and while it's early I'm not sold on Dan Campbell. I think he can rally the troops but I wonder if that team will tune his weirdness out after awhile (or if he's really competent enough to lead that team to a win in the playoffs).

I'm surprised Caldwell hasn't gotten more opportunities, honestly.

As for Flores suing, I don't know if it will be a career-killer, but I think it's good that he's casting light on what is often a sham process. It's an insult to bring someone in for an interview with no intention of hiring them - it's a waste of time for the interviewers and the interviewee.

Bretsky
02-05-2022, 09:56 PM
Caldwell is that mild mannered Tony Dungy like coach who doesn't flash in interviews IMO; but he seems to have a solid coaches mind.

Fritz
02-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Saw an article in today's Detroit Free Press that Harbaugh went into the Minny interview thinking it was a slam-dunk formality, and when it turned out that they actually wanted to, you know, interview him, he was obviously surprised and it fell apart fast.

I just don't like that guy at all. Rooting for Michigan with Harbaugh as coach is like, well, rooting for the Packers with Aaron Rodgers at QB. You still do it, but it feels a little icky.

Joemailman
02-06-2022, 11:38 PM
Dolphins hire 49ers OC McDaniel as HC.

Lovie Smith reportedly in the running for Texans HC job.

Joemailman
02-07-2022, 08:20 AM
To summarize so far:

Bears - Fired Matt Nagy, hired Matt Eberflus, Colts DC

Broncos - Fired Vic Fangio, hired Nathaniel Hackett, Packers OC

Texans - Fired David Culley - Considering Brian Flores, Josh McCown, Lovie Smith, others

Jaguars - Fired Urban Meyer in regular season, hired former Eagles HC Doug Pederson

Raiders - Fired Jon Gruden in regular season, hired Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC

Dolphins - Fired Brian Flores, hired Mike McDaniel, 49ers OC.

Vikings - Fired Mike Zimmer, expected to hire Kevin O'Connell, Rams OC

Saints - Sean Payton resigned, have interviewed Dennis Allen, Eric Bieniemy, Brian Flores, Aaron Glenn, Darren Rizzi

Giants - Fired Joe Judge, hired Brian Daboll, Bills OC.

Sparkey
02-07-2022, 08:58 AM
OC's for the win! at least this year.

Fritz
02-07-2022, 02:02 PM
Vic Fangio didn't help the DC's get head coaching jobs...

George Cumby
02-07-2022, 04:18 PM
Texans hire Love.

Goodell must've called the Texans owner, "Help a brother out and hire a Brother!"

Joemailman
02-07-2022, 04:27 PM
Vic Fangio didn't help the DC's get head coaching jobs...

In fairness to him, his QB's would have fit in well on the 1970's Packers.

Joemailman
02-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Saints hiring their DC Dennis Allen as HC. Texans hiring DC Love Smith as HC

Bears - Fired Matt Nagy, hired Matt Eberflus, Colts DC

Broncos - Fired Vic Fangio, hired Nathaniel Hackett, Packers OC

Texans - Fired David Culley - hired DC Lovie Smith

Jaguars - Fired Urban Meyer in regular season, hired former Eagles HC Doug Pederson

Raiders - Fired Jon Gruden in regular season, hired Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC

Dolphins - Fired Brian Flores, hired Mike McDaniel, 49ers OC.

Vikings - Fired Mike Zimmer, expected to hire Kevin O'Connell, Rams OC

Saints - Sean Payton resigned - hired DC Dennis Allen

Giants - Fired Joe Judge, hired Brian Daboll, Bills OC.

Joemailman
02-07-2022, 06:20 PM
5 offensive coordinators got HC jobs, 3 DC's and 1 former HC. Counted Lovie Smith as DC, who of course is also former HC.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2022, 01:11 AM
Texans hire Love.

Goodell must've called the Texans owner, "Help a brother out and hire a Brother!"

Mike McDaniel is half brotha, hombre.

George Cumby
02-08-2022, 11:42 AM
Mike McDaniel is half brotha, hombre.

Does the NFL round that up to a Whole Brother?

I will admit, the NFL's accounting has me confused at times.

Fritz
02-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Does the NFL round that up to a Whole Brother?

I will admit, the NFL's accounting has me confused at times.

Maybe you should have titled this thread "Half-Black Monday."

George Cumby
02-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Hahahahahahhaha

Joemailman
02-15-2022, 06:35 PM
There are reports that Kevin O'Connell has the Vikings job. It just won't be official until after the Superb Owl.

Is this a done deal? Some speculation O'Connell may wait to see what Sean McVay's plans are. McVay has raised doubts about how long he wants to coach.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-16-2022, 01:06 AM
Is this a done deal? Some speculation O'Connell may wait to see what Sean McVay's plans are. McVay has raised doubts about how long he wants to coach.

McVay’s younger than the Great Arm of Butte. McVay might pull a Madden and retire “young,” but it likely won’t be til the guy’s in his late 40’s.

As for the current coaching cycle, what a fucking joke. To channel my inner Cappelle, 1.5 Blacks received gigs in a league that’s 70% Black. As Partial likes to say, like, WTF? Additionally, exactly zero Asian and Turkish coach got hired.

Futbol is sometimes compared to war. What race is better at warfare than the Ottoman Turks? And with the rise of analytics, what race is better at math than the Asians? As Partial likes to say, like, SMH.

Fritz
02-18-2022, 11:55 AM
So which coach in the NFC North scares you the most? O'Connell in Minny? I would say maybe, but didn't he just make Ed Donatell his DC?

Dan Campbell got the Lions to play hard, but can that intensity keep a team going or will that burn out?

And who the hell is the Chicago coach? Matt Edelweiss? Eberfluss?

George Cumby
02-19-2022, 07:03 PM
Steelers put their money where their mouth is:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/pittsburgh-steelers-hire-brian-flores-coach-files-racial-discriminatio-rcna16961

George Cumby
02-19-2022, 07:04 PM
So which coach in the NFC North scares you the most? O'Connell in Minny? I would say maybe, but didn't he just make Ed Donatell his DC?

Dan Campbell got the Lions to play hard, but can that intensity keep a team going or will that burn out?

I know so little about the Minny and Chi coaches, I can't formulate an opinion.

Campbell has his kids believing and playing hard. I'm old school enough to believe that counts for something.

Fritz
02-20-2022, 09:32 AM
I know so little about the Minny and Chi coaches, I can't formulate an opinion.

Campbell has his kids believing and playing hard. I'm old school enough to believe that counts for something.

May I remind you that this is a fan forum? When does knowledge on one of these sites actually mean anything?

George Cumby
02-20-2022, 09:37 AM
May I remind you that this is a fan forum? When does knowledge on one of these sites actually mean anything?

Touche.

Rastak
02-21-2022, 05:31 PM

Yea he seems to have staffed a shithole defensive staff but what do I know?

call_me_ishmael
02-23-2022, 10:21 PM
I personally think Pettine is a pretty good coordinator but what a weird thing that he isn't actually DC, but pretty much is?

Fritz
02-24-2022, 10:12 AM
With Pettine, I think the gameplan against him is obvious: run the hell out of the ball, and in obvious passing situations go with screens and passes to tight ends over the middle.