PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Lions II

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 03:11 PM
Aaron Rodgers - 14-18, 148 2 TD's

Patrick Taylor - 53 yards and 1st TD

Lazard - 5 catches 75 yards

Adams with 55 yards breaks Jordy's single season receiving record.

Dean Lowry - 1 sack, 2 TFL's

Amari Rodgers - Ouch.

JohnMexico
01-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Aaron Rodger retires a Packer

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Nobody could cover St. “Paul” of the Kitties. Dude’s parents received more screen time than J-Lo’s mother did in the Chef game.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2022, 03:22 PM
In the playoffs, put J-Alex in the slot, shoulder injury be damned. Get Sullivan and Black out of the fucking game!

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 03:27 PM
I won't judge Love too harshly given the receivers he was throwing to. Just don't know yet if he's got it. Amari Rodgers looking more and more like another 3 round pick mistake. He may be inactive in the playoffs.

RashanGary
01-09-2022, 03:28 PM
Aaron Rodgera retires a Packer

Rodgers signs a 4 or 5 year deal. Gets him to age 42 or 43. I don’t think he’ll play past that.

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2022, 03:55 PM
I won't judge Love too harshly given the receivers he was throwing to. Just don't know yet if he's got it. Amari Rodgers looking more and more like another 3 round pick mistake. He may be inactive in the playoffs.

I thought that on the first pick, but the second one he just blew it. In both cases, likely Rodgers wouldn't have thrown it. Also, the sack, I can't help thinking Rodgers wouldn't have taken a sack that way. If you like mediocrity, Love is that. He would not be a worthy successor to Rodgers, though - now next season, not 3 or 5 or 7 or 10 years from now.

RG, Rodgers will play either to the same age as Brady plays to or that plus 1. And he'll do that without a significant drop off in quality. Mark my words.

Freak Out
01-09-2022, 04:25 PM
I'm all for drafting a QB every draft.

RashanGary
01-09-2022, 04:26 PM
He’s got a shot to play a long time. His mobility is still ok. He’s always had more than enough arm. Injuries aside, Rodgers could play a long time. It would be nice to keep him in Green Bay. Keep Adams too. Adams seems to be only getting better. He should be able to play a few more too.

RashanGary
01-09-2022, 04:28 PM
Rodgers will have a good OL next year. Bakh and Nijman can hold down tackle. Newman and Runyan should only be better. Meyers should be better too.

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

First two seasons of their careers:

Jordan Love: 36/62 - 411 yards - 2td's - 3ints
Aaron Rodgers: 15/31 - 111 yards - 0td's - 1int

Has Love struggled - yes. Did Rodgers struggle his first two seasons - yes. Neither career will be set in stone following their first two seasons.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Matt LaFleur had very strong words on #Packers defensive miscues: "Football in general comes down to discipline, people owning their roles. When you aren't disciplined, or you go outside the scheme, bad stuff happens. We can not have that. We need all 11 doing their damn job."

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

David Bakhtiari says he initially thought his return would come in KC, if not shortly after. But something didn’t feel right in knee. Fluid built up to 80 cubic centimeters. “Not conducive to being explosive,” he said. Ultimately, needed a second surgery that delayed timeline..

Harlan Huckleby
01-09-2022, 05:21 PM
I won't judge Love too harshly given the receivers he was throwing to.

I thought Love looked shaky every play. It isn't the receivers or the rest of team. Love has no composure or confidence. Doesn't look like a gamer.

RashanGary
01-09-2022, 05:24 PM
I thought Love looked shaky every play. It isn't the receivers or the rest of team. Love has no composure or confidence. Doesn't look like a gamer.

Rodgers looked like a frustrated whiny bitch. But yeah, Love doesn’t look composed. He might not be the guy.

Harlan Huckleby
01-09-2022, 05:26 PM
This was a no-win game. For the Lions it was their bowl game.

I would rather have seen the second string + Bakh play whole game and probably lose decisively. Afterwards LeFleur could pretend to be mad and talk about "next man up" and "we got a lot of work to do." By tomorrow morning all is forgotten.

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 05:28 PM
The question with Love is whether he has the mental toughness to replace a legend. It turns out Rodgers did, although it didn't really look like it until Year 3. We'll see. Of course, if Rodgers signs an extension, it will be a moot point. Love likely wouldn't stay here as a backup that long.

Bretsky
01-09-2022, 05:32 PM
Rodgers signs a 4 or 5 year deal. Gets him to age 42 or 43. I don’t think he’ll play past that.

Agree

Give AROD 4 or 5 years or what he wants; resign Adams and Alexander. And then make the sacrifices you have to since your cap will be strained. Tonyan gone. Campbell, who has been so good for us, gone. And use the draft to re tool the holes created due to cap casualties. Trade Love for a draft pick if you can get anything of quality.

Hopefully win a SB this year; but for sure let's get one more in the next five years while we enjoy AROD and D Adams, who is he's here another five years with AROD ends up going to the H.O.F. as well.

Harlan Huckleby
01-09-2022, 05:38 PM
Love likely wouldn't stay here as a backup that long.

I see Hundley is on Colts practice squad. Some QBs are career backup wannabees.

You're right that Love may yet be a starter. He has a stronger arm than the Hun.

George Cumby
01-09-2022, 06:10 PM
Love's got the arm, but he hesitates on his throws. You can see him overthinking stuff all the time.

Definitely a head-space thing.

But if Rodgers can maintain, the Love Boat's gonna' sail.

RashanGary
01-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Agree

Give AROD 4 or 5 years or what he wants; resign Adams and Alexander. And then make the sacrifices you have to since your cap will be strained. Tonyan gone. Campbell, who has been so good for us, gone. And use the draft to re tool the holes created due to cap casualties. Trade Love for a draft pick if you can get anything of quality.

Hopefully win a SB this year; but for sure let's get one more in the next five years while we enjoy AROD and D Adams, who is he's here another five years with AROD ends up going to the H.O.F. as well.

I pretty much agree. Win a SB now. Keep Rodgers and Adams. The records will be fun even if we’re just playoff teams for a few years.

George Cumby
01-09-2022, 07:00 PM

IIRC that's what Wolff did.

Joemailman
01-09-2022, 08:29 PM
MLF not taking the loss likely. Not happy, especially the 2 long TD's by the Lions. Do your job will be a focus as they prepare for next game.

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2022, 08:32 PM
Agree

This is the way right here.

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 12:27 AM
Agree

You started out real good, but then you came with that sacrifice crap that reflects lack of understanding of the cap. Tonyan and Campbell will NOT be gone, nor will Douglas, P. Smith, obviously not Jaire, not MVS, who else that is worth keeping is even close? I can't think of anybody.

NewsBruin
01-10-2022, 01:46 AM
IIRC that's what Wolff did.

We got good returns from Brooks and Hasselbeck. We drafted poorly off those returns (We took Seattle's higher draft pick and got a 3-year DLineman. Seattle took our draft pick and got a HOF OLineman), but we got good returns.

Bretsky
01-10-2022, 02:15 AM
You started out real good, but then you came with that sacrifice crap that reflects lack of understanding of the cap. Tonyan and Campbell will NOT be gone, nor will Douglas, P. Smith, obviously not Jaire, not MVS, who else that is worth keeping is even close? I can't think of anybody.

SAVE THIS THREAD TEX; I think if we pay AROD, and Keep Adams and Alexander you will find yourself to be wrong on this. Z is gone. Bu others will be too and that's just part of salary cap management

Bretsky
01-10-2022, 02:17 AM
I pretty much agree. Win a SB now. Keep Rodgers and Adams. The records will be fun even if we’re just playoff teams for a few years.

I'm not confident Love is our next answer; I have no strong feeling either way on what to do with him. But lock AROD up for what he wants. Even the local media is commenting that some steps have been taken to improve things and they think him and Gutebag have a better relationship than last year.
MVP or not, it's time to lock him up.

Teamcheez1
01-10-2022, 07:10 AM
Team played like a preseason game. Can’t take much from this game, other than it was important to get some playing time for Bakh, Meyers, and our backups. Important result was hopefully no major injuries.

Interesting note: Preston Smith missed out on a $750k bonus. He needed one sack in the game and had zero sacks.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 07:31 AM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

From @GMFB: #Packers star pass-rusher Za’Darius Smith, out since late September because of back surgery, was officially cleared this past week & is slated to be designated for return this week, sources say. If all goes well, he’ll be on the field when Green Bay’s playoffs begin.

run pMc
01-10-2022, 09:00 AM

I'm all for doing this if you don't have an elite QB. With how the game is today, I think you have to spend a high pick (if there's a good QB prospect available) until you hit on one. If you have one it doesn't hurt to draft/develop a backup or trade material in later rounds.
QB makes all the difference in the world for how a team does over the course of both a season and the tenures of a GM/HC.

Very very rare for a mediocre QB to make it far into the playoffs; usually requires incredible luck (NYG), a hot streak of great play(PHI), and/or a historically good defense(BAL).

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

From @GMFB: #Packers star pass-rusher Za’Darius Smith, out since late September because of back surgery, was officially cleared this past week & is slated to be designated for return this week, sources say. If all goes well, he’ll be on the field when Green Bay’s playoffs begin.

Nice! I didn't expect this. Hopefully, he can give the Packers 15-20 pass rushing snaps/game.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Do we still have Ming the Mercilus under contract? If so, I don't see how you keep Gary, Ming, Preston and Z.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Do we still have Ming the Mercilus under contract? If so, I don't see how you keep Gary, Ming, Preston and Z.

No. Mercilus was on a 1 year contract. He could be a less expensive option to bring back than Z.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 11:47 AM
No. Mercilus was on a 1 year contract. He could be a less expensive option to bring back than Z.

The D seemed to really roll with Ming in there.

Fritz
01-10-2022, 12:28 PM
Love's got the arm, but he hesitates on his throws. You can see him overthinking stuff all the time.

Definitely a head-space thing.

But if Rodgers can maintain, the Love Boat's gonna' sail.

Since Love was a first-round pick, don't they have him under a fairly cheap contract for two more years after this one, then an optional fifth? You'd think if the team signs Rodgers to a longer-term deal, they at least have a backup for the next two years. Give them time to decide if he can be developed or if he's a flub. I did not see the end of the game - heard he underthrew St. Brown once, overthrew him another time, hit him for a chunk gain? I don't know if that's nerves or real-game experience or if he just doesn't have the accuracy. I think it's still too early to judge overall, but you can safely say he needs to sit for another year before you want to find out. From what I saw of him, he throws an ugly ball and looks really indecisive. Again, though, it's early.

I will say Amari Rodgers looks awful. He was a third round pick, 85th overall, and Amon-Ra St. Brown was a fourth-round pick, 112th overall. Easy to see who is the better player, at least at this point. And sure, their roles are a bit different, but which dude do you wish Gutekunst had chosen?

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 12:46 PM
Love has a cap hit of 3.4M in 2022 and 3.9M in 2023. It would be much higher if they keep him for the 5th year.

Hard to really judge Love's performance yesterday. He had his bad moments. But he also had 2 potential TD passes dropped by receivers and 1 INT deflected by a receiver. His teammates did not support him well. He's still a project, but maybe one with some potential.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 01:46 PM
Bakhtiari graded out as the packers best OL on 25 snaps. Did not allow a pressure. Myers and Newman graded poorly. Newman gave up the pressure that helped lead to Love's 2nd INT.

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2022, 02:19 PM
I would have to think the Packers have a strong inkling of what they have, independent of what the QB has shown during the games.

Hey fans who watch closer than I, namely Joe and Harvey, what are you opinions of the rookie OL? It's seems like Royce Newman is always listed w/ a poor grade. I had high hopes that he would be a TJ Lang/Josh Sitton type since for a guard he was a high draft pick. Curious for your perspective.

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 02:42 PM
SAVE THIS THREAD TEX; I think if we pay AROD, and Keep Adams and Alexander you will find yourself to be wrong on this. Z is gone. Bu others will be too and that's just part of salary cap management

Yeah, SAVE IT. Z likely will be gone, we agree on that, but Devondre, Douglas, Tonyan, MVS, probably Cobb at reduced price, and everybody else worth keeping will be kept - that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 02:42 PM
I would have to think the Packers have a strong inkling of what they have, independent of what the QB has shown during the games.

Hey fans who watch closer than I, namely Joe and Harvey, what are you opinions of the rookie OL? It's seems like Royce Newman is always listed w/ a poor grade. I had high hopes that he would be a TJ Lang/Josh Sitton type since for a guard he was a high draft pick. Curious for your perspective.

Yesterday notwithstanding, he's been a lot better the 2nd half of the season than the 1st. I think he's really good. Just needs a little more strength and a little more experience. I can understand coaches wanting to go with Patrick in the playoffs, but I think that's just temporary. Newman will be the starter there for a long time.

Fritz
01-10-2022, 02:45 PM
Nice! I didn't expect this. Hopefully, he can give the Packers 15-20 pass rushing snaps/game.

On really obvious passing downs he could help, though he tends to freelance, and if you play a mobile QB that could hurt. But to have him back at all would be a pleasant surprise.

If they can bring Cobb back, too, extra bonus.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 03:04 PM
As far as Love is concerned, I agree there isn't enough there to draw a firm conclusion.

I think by this time next year, we will know.

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 03:59 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

The #Packers made some roster moves today: they released G Ben Braden, restored WR David Moore to the practice squad off the reserve/COVID-19 list and released WR Chris Blair from the practice squad.

After what happened on Sunday, I could see David Moore elevated to 53 man roster and Amari Rodgers inactive.

Bretsky
01-10-2022, 05:39 PM
As far as Love is concerned, I agree there isn't enough there to draw a firm conclusion.

I think by this time next year, we will know.

I really don't know if that will be the case. He hasn't been anything that shows high flashes of promise or not terrible either. Not sure I see a huge upside but I think he might be able to be an average QB as well.

RUMOR HAS IT another team loved him, and their QB sucks. Maybe we should reach out to Indy

Joemailman
01-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Some guys, like Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow, were really good as rookies. Others, like Josh Allen were not. One reason might be the level of competition they faced in college. Herbert played at Oregon and Burrow at LSU. Allen played at Wyoming, the same conference as Jordan Love's Utah St. Just saying it might take longer for QB's who haven't played against elite competition in college to adjust to the NFL.

One thing I heard Aaron Nagler say which I agree with is that Love needs to learn to process things a little faster. On that last INT if he gets rid of the ball a little quicker, the pressure doesn't get to him and maybe he throws a more accurate ball resulting in a completion instead of an INT. Until he learns to process things faster, pressure will give him a lot of trouble.

George Cumby
01-10-2022, 06:40 PM
I have questions on whether #12 is good for Love's head, at a bunch of different levels.

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2022, 11:12 PM
It doesn't seem to be just a matter of learning and experience for Love. His problem(s) seen to be arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. And those things are not likely to improve greatly over the years.

Fritz
01-11-2022, 09:56 AM
After what happened on Sunday, I could see David Moore elevated to 53 man roster and Amari Rodgers inactive.

Hear, hear. I just don't think you can trust Amari Rodgers, especially not in the playoffs. If you keep Moore as the return guy, you can use Winfree or Taylor as your final WR. And it's not like you needed Rodgers to run those jet sweeps . . . St. Brown did better than the couple of times I think Rodgers got it on a jet sweep.

Joemailman
01-11-2022, 01:35 PM
Not sure what to make of this but I thought it was kinda funny. https://twitter.com/i/status/1480940780151840777

George Cumby
01-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Not sure what to make of this but I thought it was kinda funny. https://twitter.com/i/status/1480940780151840777

"Is that a Pancreas?!" LOL.

That was fucking funny.

Fritz
01-12-2022, 08:50 AM
I really don't know if that will be the case. He hasn't been anything that shows high flashes of promise or not terrible either. Not sure I see a huge upside but I think he might be able to be an average QB as well.

RUMOR HAS IT another team loved him, and their QB sucks. Maybe we should reach out to Indy

You're not going to get anything for Love right now. No reason to trade him, as you've just spent the past two years developing him. Keep him for a backup next year, and try to get some better film. Then see where things are in terms of Rodgers's health and whatnot (I'm assuming in this scenario that the team signs Rodgers to a three-or-four-year deal), and then you can move Love and maybe get something in return. At this point, I doubt they could get anything more than maybe a fourth round pick for the guy.

As for the Lions' game, that left a sour taste in a lot of mouths, but maybe that's good. The team needs to get fired up. I am not feeling great about the D, but they did play pretty well in Minny. I'd like to see that defense from about seven weeks ago - when they tackled really well. Devondre Campbell seems to be the tone-setter in that regard. Guys would catch a ball out of the backfield and bam, they were down. Corners were fighting through blocks on wide receiver screens. That sure tackling was a big part of why they played well.

bobblehead
01-12-2022, 09:09 AM

Someone said that last August....who was it again?

bobblehead
01-12-2022, 09:11 AM

Funny thing is, that was my exact assessment of Rodgers back when. I remember we played SD in preseason and I compared Rodgers to Phillip Rivers. My conclusion was that Rodgers just didn't see things quickly like Rivers and would not have near the career Rivers would.

That was when I learned not to be a sith and speak in absolutes until it was an absolute.

edit: But I do agree with your assessment. That is the way it appeared to me as well. I'm just not writing Jordan Love off yet.

bobblehead
01-12-2022, 09:15 AM

Tex...YOU ARE RIGHT. We won't lose Jaire. The rest are as good as gone. But hey, one out of 6 ain't bad....if you are panning for gold.

bobblehead
01-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Since Love was a first-round pick, don't they have him under a fairly cheap contract for two more years after this one, then an optional fifth? You'd think if the team signs Rodgers to a longer-term deal, they at least have a backup for the next two years. Give them time to decide if he can be developed or if he's a flub. I did not see the end of the game - heard he underthrew St. Brown once, overthrew him another time, hit him for a chunk gain? I don't know if that's nerves or real-game experience or if he just doesn't have the accuracy. I think it's still too early to judge overall, but you can safely say he needs to sit for another year before you want to find out. From what I saw of him, he throws an ugly ball and looks really indecisive. Again, though, it's early.

I will say Amari Rodgers looks awful. He was a third round pick, 85th overall, and Amon-Ra St. Brown was a fourth-round pick, 112th overall. Easy to see who is the better player, at least at this point. And sure, their roles are a bit different, but which dude do you wish Gutekunst had chosen?
Kenny Gainwell, and I said so at the time. Dude is a RB that runs routes better than Amari. He went in the 4th as well. He could have done everything we asked Amari to do and done it better. But yea, another St. Brown would have been cool too. I watched his combine and loved it.

As to Love, one thing I will say, he went to the right places with the ball, just looked rattled as hell. Maybe it slows down for him, maybe not. But Rodgers is playing MVP ball and locking him up for 4 more is a no brainer regardless.

bobblehead
01-12-2022, 09:25 AM
It doesn't seem to be just a matter of learning and experience for Love. His problem(s) seen to be arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. And those things are not likely to improve greatly over the years.

I ask yet again....do you actually watch football?

Joes assessment above yours is spot on. The game is too fast for Love right now (as it was for Rodgers at first). Burrow is the quickest mind I have seen since Peyton Manning. It might come together for Love or it might not. If I were betting, I would predict he has a decent career. Not stellar. Think Ryan Tannehill.

Upnorth
01-12-2022, 09:32 AM
Re love, after the game i was done with optimism, but then i remembered rodgers looked like crap year 1, was up and down year 2 and was ready year 3 but behind Favre till cowboys game.
He has shown decent arm strenght and decent mobility but poor pocket awareness and poor processing speed. Saying trade him now is stupid, we need to see what he does in preseason, and if we trade him before June 1st we only save like 70k.
Wait till training camp, if he sucks and we can trade him we save a little over 2 million then. If he is solid in camp.3.5 mill on a good backup is weirdly reasonable now.

I loved pur oline this game when bakh was in. Meyers was mostly solid. Great to.see.
Jones and dillion in January in GB... Amazing combination. One is bashing tool the other finess, both have great hands and dillion is getting better at blocking (not jones level yet though).

King Friday
01-12-2022, 12:24 PM
Still too early to judge on Love, although I never got the feeling he was a cerebral guy. I disagree with those who say he doesn't have arm strength or mobility. He's a very capable athlete and has what is necessary to play the position. It's all about whether he puts it together between his ears at this point.

I completely disagree on the value of keeping him at this point if we sign Rodgers long term. At that point, I would rather have a reliable veteran who can fill in for a game or two instead of the noob. Who cares if we put 2 years into him? He won't stick around here after his rookie deal if Rodgers is here...so no point in keeping Love if Rodgers stays. Bring Wentz in as a backup.

texaspackerbacker
01-12-2022, 03:32 PM
I ask yet again....do you actually watch football?

Joes assessment above yours is spot on. The game is too fast for Love right now (as it was for Rodgers at first). Burrow is the quickest mind I have seen since Peyton Manning. It might come together for Love or it might not. If I were betting, I would predict he has a decent career. Not stellar. Think Ryan Tannehill.

So you're saying Love has shown a good arm - strength-wise and/or accuracy-wise, and you're saying he has shown mobility of say a 37 year old Rodgers? WTF games are you watching?

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up close to Tannehill level - which is to say pretty mediocre. I, for one, don't want that in Green Bay.

run pMc
01-12-2022, 03:40 PM
Too early to say for sure with Love, at worst he'll likely develop into a backup you could get thru a game with. He's still pretty green, and I think he's overthinking a little. I continue to not be impressed with his accuracy, but Rodgers is so good it makes it hard to compare.

I don't think he was the reason GB lost to DET; that was on the defense, and MLF playing a lot of backups. He led them to 3 scoring drives; his first pick was on Amari but the 2nd pick was on him.
If some team wanted to make a deal for him, I'd consider it; but no reason to give him away for nothing when you're going to need a good backup as Rodgers ages.
I don't think he's had a "wow" moment yet (which is concerning), nor do I think there's enough info for fans to say if Love is a bust.

RashanGary
01-12-2022, 04:47 PM
Too early to say for sure with Love, at worst he'll likely develop into a backup you could get thru a game with. He's still pretty green, and I think he's overthinking a little. I continue to not be impressed with his accuracy, but Rodgers is so good it makes it hard to compare.

I don't think he was the reason GB lost to DET; that was on the defense, and MLF playing a lot of backups. He led them to 3 scoring drives; his first pick was on Amari but the 2nd pick was on him.
If some team wanted to make a deal for him, I'd consider it; but no reason to give him away for nothing when you're going to need a good backup as Rodgers ages.
I don't think he's had a "wow" moment yet (which is concerning), nor do I think there's enough info for fans to say if Love is a bust.

Yep.

Bretsky
01-12-2022, 07:18 PM
While past efforts were made with complimentary Kool Aide to any new recruits coming aboard, it certainly appears that DA LOVE TRAIN is not leaving the station anytime soon

George Cumby
01-12-2022, 07:26 PM
While past efforts were made with complimentary Kool Aide to any new recruits coming aboard, it certainly appears that DA LOVE TRAIN is not leaving the station anytime soon

What idiot started THAT nonsense?

Joemailman
01-12-2022, 10:04 PM
Lucas Patrick to Covid list.

call_me_ishmael
01-12-2022, 10:25 PM

You think Rodgers stays? Man IDK, I know he is saying nice things in the media, but what else is he going to do?

Bretsky
01-12-2022, 10:49 PM
You think Rodgers stays? Man IDK, I know he is saying nice things in the media, but what else is he going to do?

I do think AROD stays
Gute sold himself for the job to Marcia
I think he took this year to mend differences with AROD; he'd be a f'ckin idiot if he didn't.

I think his tone has changed in listening to the interviews; I think he stays

Bretsky
01-13-2022, 02:50 PM
THIS WAS INTEREStING
PFF has Adams projected to sign a four-year, $93 million deal ($23.25 million per year, $52 million total guaranteed)

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2022, 03:22 PM
THIS WAS INTEREStING
PFF has Adams projected to sign a four-year, $93 million deal ($23.25 million per year, $52 million total guaranteed)

You do that, but it sounds like Adams people are asking for Hopkins money.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2022, 04:36 PM
Make $44 million a bonus, then $2, 8, 16, and 23 million a season. That's a $11 million cap hit next year.

Bretsky
01-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Make $44 million a bonus, then $2, 8, 16, and 23 million a season. That's a $11 million cap hit next year.

Wouldn't cap hit be 13 millions year one.............and holy crap.............and 44 million in year four ?

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2022, 09:06 PM
Yeah on the 13 - I miscalculated. 34 not 44 in year four. By that time, he gets extended if he's still great - cut if he isn't. (that was just my suggestion of how it could go.)

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm surprised Gary is so low on here.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1482081636502147073

Sparkey
01-14-2022, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't cap hit be 13 millions year one.............and holy crap.............and 44 million in year four ?

If they added a fifth, voidable year, then it would be 10.8mil first year. I believe a signing bonus can only be prorated over the first 5 years.

call_me_ishmael
01-20-2022, 01:15 PM
I am reasonably certain Aaron took the Tuesdays with Aaron interview on McAfee from the Packers facility and in theory violated covid protocols if they have to mask at all times at facility. Better hope he's not suspended. How is no one talking about this? I highly doubt he took that interview from his house, for example.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 02:30 PM
I am reasonably certain Aaron took the Tuesdays with Aaron interview on McAfee from the Packers facility and in theory violated covid protocols if they have to mask at all times at facility. Better hope he's not suspended. How is no one talking about this? I highly doubt he took that interview from his house, for example.

Rodgers does his PC's unmasked because he's on Zoom. I'm guessing it's okay because there's nobody else in the room. I don't know where he did the McAfee interview. The camera angle is different, but he's wearing the same clothes, except in the PC he's wearing a mask that's pulled down below his chin.

George Cumby
01-20-2022, 04:24 PM
I think he does the McAfee show remotely.

Joemailman
01-20-2022, 04:36 PM
I think he does the McAfee show remotely.

Well, he normally does then from home on his Tuesday day off. But this week he was doing it on a Tuesday when they had a practice. Because it's a Saturday game this week, they weren't off on Tuesday. Don't know if he was doing the McAfee interview from the same room as his PC with the American Family backdrop removed, or whether it was done somewhere else.