PDA

View Full Version : Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Bretsky
01-16-2022, 07:08 PM
Not sure I see much difference between a 50 yard TD bomb and 30 yard TD bomb. Both are difficult when the defense knows you have to get the TD. An incredibly dumb decision by Fat Mike. Niners guarding the sidelines gave you a real chance to attack the end zone...and you'd still have another chance after that if it failed.

I WANTED SF to botch that game at the end

Would have been a peaceful revenge for the Terrell Owens TD catch vs the Green Bay Packers many many years ago

I went to watch the Badgers beat UCLA in the Rose Bowl that year and on Sunday went to a Packers bar in California (although it was about half/half)

One of the worst losses as a Packer Fan

Bretsky
01-16-2022, 07:09 PM
No interest in the night game... Don't see the anemic PIT offense being able to hang with KC. I think it does help MLF that he knows the opponent tonight, instead of waiting until late tomorrow.

EZ money betting on the Chiefs an the points ?? lol

pittstang5
01-16-2022, 08:06 PM
IF I WAS A GAMBLER

I'd take the Chiefs and the points; I think Pittsburg is going to get killed tonight

You had to jinx it, didn't you?

George Cumby
01-16-2022, 08:21 PM
TJ Watt could have been a Packer.

Sigh.

Bretsky
01-16-2022, 08:31 PM
You had to jinx it, didn't you?

I don't even know what the spread is but I'd still take KC

RashanGary
01-16-2022, 08:43 PM
If we go through SF, Tampa and KC, it will be a hard earned legitimate super bowl title.

RashanGary
01-16-2022, 09:09 PM
You have a 12.5% chance to win three coin flips in a row. Anyone confident that we’re gonna win the SB is an idiot.

QBME
01-16-2022, 09:43 PM
You have a 12.5% chance to win three coin flips in a row. Anyone confident that we’re gonna win the SB is an idiot.

If you’re not serious you’re a troll.
If you’re serious you need help.

Vincenzo
01-16-2022, 10:07 PM
Packers play Saturday at 8:15 pm

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 10:12 PM
If you’re not serious you’re a troll.
If you’re serious you need help.

Why's that? I largely agree with him. It is a tough, tough road.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 10:14 PM
The QB sneak might go down in history as one of the dumbest play calls ever. My god, they had 'em on the ropes and ran the firggin clock out.

Chiefs look good. I thought Pitt had an elite D. What happened there? How is Bushy the MLB?

So far it looks like Bills & Chiefs are the two best teams on a collision course for the real super bowl, the AFCC.

esoxx
01-16-2022, 11:18 PM
The QB sneak might go down in history as one of the dumbest play calls ever. My god, they had 'em on the ropes and ran the firggin clock out.

Chiefs look good. I thought Pitt had an elite D. What happened there? How is Bushy the MLB?

So far it looks like Bills & Chiefs are the two best teams on a collision course for the real super bowl, the AFCC.

Bills & Chiefs play next weekend at KC in the divisional round. Should be a doozy.

Bungles play at Tennessee.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2022, 11:34 PM
Oh wow. Bengals vs Tenn is going to be a great game. Same with Buff vs KC. I kind of like Buffalo this year. AFC is stacked by gawd. Bengals are sneaky scary too, kinda like 2009 Packers.

Sparkey
01-16-2022, 11:59 PM
Why's that? I largely agree with him. It is a tough, tough road.
But winning three games in a row isn't do to just luck. It's about talent, execution, desire and focus. Luck is about the last thing that determines the winner.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2022, 12:14 AM
But winning three games in a row isn't do to just luck. It's about talent, execution, desire and focus. Luck is about the last thing that determines the winner.

Okay but the games are still a horse a piece essentially. Both teams want to do those things well and are very similar at them. That’s the point.

Fritz
01-17-2022, 04:26 AM

I like the Saturday game but would've preferred the afternoon slot.

The Niners are tough, but beatable.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:13 AM
I like the Saturday game but would've preferred the afternoon slot.

The Niners are tough, but beatable.

Late in the season, the Niners were being touted as a major force. I made a point to pay attention and then LA or the Cards, I forget whom, then absolutely had their way with them. They controlled the line and got in Jimmy G's face.

Jimmy G isn't capable of taking over a game, force him to make plays and.....well, he won't.

bobblehead
01-17-2022, 09:47 AM
I have jumped about 8 pages, but the doom and gloom already starting is hilarious. This isn't last years packers team, its not 2 weeks ago packers team. This team has a very good shot. Of course its always difficult in the playoffs, but that is no reason to jettison Rodgers or assume he needs more weapons. Dillon over Williams makes this years team a better candidate to win in the cold single handedly. Douglas/stokes/sorta Jaire are far superior to what we trotted out last year.

How effective the big 3 coming back are is going to play a big factor, but this team won more games this year and last year than ANYONE. To suggest that is smoke and mirrors is silly. Yes, they may lose, the other guys get paid too. Shannahan is brilliant. But lets have some positive vibes folks, 13 wins 3 straight years is special. Now lets make it 3 straight NFCC games AND an Owl so we can see what kind of crazy offseason unfolds.

bobblehead
01-17-2022, 09:49 AM
Oh, and I'm cheering for AZ tonight. I think an unconventional offense can give TB defense more problems. I think the 2 teams tonight are equally matched, but very different. AZ will give TB more problems than LA.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 11:42 AM

Wow. Home teams are Tennessee, Tampa, Kansas and Green Bay, and Green Bay gets the latest start?

Is there a reason I'm unaware of for that?

Guiness
01-17-2022, 11:44 AM
Late in the season, the Niners were being touted as a major force. I made a point to pay attention and then LA or the Cards, I forget whom, then absolutely had their way with them. They controlled the line and got in Jimmy G's face.

Jimmy G isn't capable of taking over a game, force him to make plays and.....well, he won't.

I hope the Pack can get in his face and disrupt him. That's the book on Brady as well, and they couldn't do that last year. Well, they did and forced a couple of turnovers, but it wasn't enough.

Guiness
01-17-2022, 11:50 AM
at first glance i didn't think they got set.

but they did, just too well so the ref couldn't get through

They messed up a few things, from not advising the refs it would be a run play, to Dak handing the ball to the center instead of the umpire, and not letting him through to set the ball.

Florio breaks it down quite well. He feels a mistake was they didn't have someone representing the refs when they practised the play.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/17/final-play-for-cowboys-was-failure-of-coaching-and-execution/

Guiness
01-17-2022, 11:55 AM
TJ Watt could have been a Packer.

Sigh.

To move down 4 spots. I wonder if they were considering him? TT's last draft btw

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2022, 03:36 PM
I have jumped about 8 pages, but the doom and gloom already starting is hilarious. This isn't last years packers team, its not 2 weeks ago packers team. This team has a very good shot. Of course its always difficult in the playoffs, but that is no reason to jettison Rodgers or assume he needs more weapons. Dillon over Williams makes this years team a better candidate to win in the cold single handedly. Douglas/stokes/sorta Jaire are far superior to what we trotted out last year.

How effective the big 3 coming back are is going to play a big factor, but this team won more games this year and last year than ANYONE. To suggest that is smoke and mirrors is silly. Yes, they may lose, the other guys get paid too. Shannahan is brilliant. But lets have some positive vibes folks, 13 wins 3 straight years is special. Now lets make it 3 straight NFCC games AND an Owl so we can see what kind of crazy offseason unfolds.

The Rams beat the Bucs last year with Goff and clobbered them earlier this year with Stafford. They have two things that give the Bucs (and most teams) trouble—good OL and pressure up the middle on defense. The Bucs don’t have the running game to take advantage of the Rams undersized DL.

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 03:46 PM
The Rams beat the Bucs last year with Goff and clobbered them earlier this year with Stafford. They have two things that give the Bucs (and most teams) trouble—good OL and pressure up the middle on defense. The Bucs don’t have the running game to take advantage of the Rams undersized DL.

Good point. We match up a little better with the Rams. If we get through SF, we could have a decent NFCC matchup at Lambeau.

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 03:58 PM
This is all going to come down to Rashan Gary, P Smith and and the backup OLBs. The coaches need to be telling them every 30 minutes to keep their outside contain. They need to funnel the RBs back to the inside.

Bretsky
01-17-2022, 04:17 PM
They also need to make Jimmy G uncomfortable back there in the pocket, which will lead to 1-2 interceptions...those will be game changers

Mayhem
01-17-2022, 04:23 PM
Are we going to have Suckman calling the game?

kcpackman
01-17-2022, 04:48 PM
Another thought - Trey Lance will play in this game. Cause Shanahan will have looked at the Raven game tape. This is especially true now that it has been reveled that Jimmy G has a sprained throwing shoulder.

Bretsky
01-17-2022, 07:19 PM
Tre Lance accuracy has really struggled at times this year though; you get the mobility but as a passer I think he's really a downgrade as a passer right now

Guiness
01-17-2022, 07:46 PM
Here's a video of the Cardinals doing a final seconds running play properly. Fitzgerald runs the ball over to the center, who doesn't place it but instead hands it to the umpire. Umpire places it, line gets set, they snap and clock it. Perfect execution, Dallas has another play if they do this.
https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1320572300069011457

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2022, 08:23 PM
Damn, the Rams tackle hard is my impression so far tonight (I've watched 5 minutes). This was clearly a fumble and the TV announcers have said nothing of it. Odd.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2022, 08:29 PM
That’s the way I would hit you P if I could. Sweet hit.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2022, 08:31 PM
Damn they might beat Tampa.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:34 PM
LA is here to play.

Have any of these WildCard games been worth a damn?

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 08:41 PM
Damn they might beat Tampa.

Whoever wins the SB is going to earn it. KC plays Buffalo. No one is getting an easy path.

Joemailman
01-17-2022, 08:42 PM
LA is here to play.

Have any of these WildCard games been worth a damn?
Only Cowboys/49ers.

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 08:44 PM
Only Cowboys/49ers.

That was a good one. McCarthy has a way of competing to the end but losing in heart breaking fashion.

Bretsky
01-17-2022, 08:47 PM
LOOKS like the BEST 4 TEAMS in the NFL are going to be left IMO

And anybody can beat anybody. Home Field Advantage should mean something next weekend IMO.

No easy path for anybody.

RashanGary
01-17-2022, 08:51 PM
LOOKS like the BEST 4 TEAMS in the NFL are going to be left IMO

And anybody can beat anybody. Home Field Advantage should mean something next weekend IMO.

No easy path for anybody.

KC has to play Buffalo
GB has SF
Tampa has the Rams

Tennessee/Cinci isn’t quite the heavyweight match that the others are.

But yeah, someone’s gonna have to earn it.

George Cumby
01-17-2022, 08:51 PM
Only Cowboys/49ers.

Man, that game was hard to watch.

Bretsky
01-17-2022, 09:27 PM
Man, that game was hard to watch.

The Bengals Raiders was an ok game but it was some not so great football

With that being said, if I'm buying stocks of players and teams I'd invest in Burrow and the Bengals :)

MadScientist
01-17-2022, 09:43 PM
That was an ugly injury for the Cards.
They need a HANS helmet.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2022, 10:42 PM
KC has to play Buffalo
GB has SF
Tampa has the Rams

Tennessee/Cinci isn’t quite the heavyweight match that the others are.

But yeah, someone’s gonna have to earn it.

Cincy is damn good and so is Tennessee. I disagree. Cincy is like 2009 Packers - very dangerous and will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years. I agree they probably won't win the big one this year, but who knows, Joey is a fricking stud.

scharpcheddar
01-18-2022, 10:37 PM
Cincy is damn good and so is Tennessee. I disagree. Cincy is like 2009 Packers - very dangerous and will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years. I agree they probably won't win the big one this year, but who knows, Joey is a fricking stud.

Lol the nfl has no intention to let either team advance.
They are just support actors in the nfl show.

scharpcheddar
01-18-2022, 10:39 PM
The Bengals Raiders was an ok game but it was some not so great football

With that being said, if I'm buying stocks of players and teams I'd invest in Burrow and the Bengals :)

Lolol the Bengals history is loveable loser failure.